Easy to use SurveyMonkey

SurveyMonkey has been used in multiple ways- to gather various data, to assess what is the best time for a meeting, to find the opinions …

SurveyMonkey Review

As a consultant to nonprofit organizations, I use Survey Monkey to gauge stakeholder opinions on controversial issues like homelessness. I …

Can't Go Wrong!

We use SurveyMonkey to survey our partners, primarily. We are a grant-making organization and work with over 100 different nonprofits. …

SurveyMonkey - simple and user-friendly

We use SurveyMonkey across our organization for external website forms and internal polling needs. It's an easy to use software to collect …

SurveyMonkey is Worth Trying

We use SurveyMonkey for ad hoc internal surveys as well as exit interviews and company feedback.

Better options out there

SurveyMonkey is mainly being used to solicit feedback and to gain opinions from stakeholders and consumers in research and insights work. …

Easy data collection and data review!

We have used SurveyMonkey both internally with staff, and externally with previous and current clients to capture data on performance, and …

Multiple question types (72)

Response tracking (71)

$34

Business Plan - Team Premier

$89

Per User Per Month (billed annually)

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.surveymonkey.com/pricing

Survey Format & Appearance

Survey Content

Survey Logic

Survey Reporting & Analytics

Survey Administration & Security

Survey Distribution

What is SurveyMonkey?

According to the vendor, SurveyMonkey is trusted by 98% of Fortune 500 companies and is used in over 350,000 organizations. Additionally, the vendor says SurveyMonkey’s people powered data platform gives millions of people around the world a way to turn feedback into action that drives growth and innovation.

SurveyMonkey Features

Survey Administration & Security Features

• Supported: Multiple users
  • Supported: Access controls
  • Supported: Compliance

• Supported: NOTE: Features vary by plan. See details here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/pricing/details/

SurveyMonkey Integrations

SurveyMonkey Competitors

SurveyMonkey Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Mobile Web

Alternatives

What is SurveyMonkey?

SurveyMonkey provides free, customizable surveys, and a suite of paid, back-end programs that include data analysis, sample selection, bias elimination, and data representation tools. SurveyMonkey also offers large-scale, enterprise options for companies interested in data analysis, brand management, and consumer focused marketing.

What is SurveyMonkey's best feature?

Reviewers rate Multiple question types highest, with a score of 8.5.

Who uses SurveyMonkey?

The most common users of SurveyMonkey are from Mid-size Companies and the Computer Software industry.

Stefan Achard | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Microsoft BI (MSBI) and Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365)
As [I] mentioned in the previous comments, [I believe] there is no comparison. [In my opinion,] SurveyMonkey is a market lagger.
Katie Bindert | TrustRadius Reviewer
REDCap and Qualtrics ahave implemented a higher authorization and security standard, therefore making them the safer platform to use.
Andrea Hester | TrustRadius Reviewer
SurveyMonkey has the most options in terms of available question formats, analysis and participant tracking, and customizability. Google Forms is a more basic interface with fewer options for tracking and analysis, and Typeform is better in terms of design and branding options but lacks options for formatting questions and logic.
In terms of creating surveys and analyzing their results, the main competitor we use is Qualtrics. I think Qualtrics has better features, a more professional environment, and more robust tools. This can also be negative as it can be overwhelming for untrained users. I have also used Prolific for response-based research. I believe the respondents to be of a higher quality on that platform than what Survey Monkey offers. That being said most of the users for Survey Monkey have a designated audience they want to appeal to and are not looking to be provided with respondents.
Caroline Dobson | TrustRadius Reviewer
SurveyMonkey is easier to customize and provides much more in depth analytics. SurveyMonkey also provides better templates providing us with a better presentation to our employees. SurveyMonkey also comes with a more trustworthy platform that ensures confidentiality, which is incredibly important to our employees and means we're getting more reliable results from the surveys.
SurveyMonkey has more analytic data options than what I found using Google Forms. Otherwise, if you use the Google Suite of products you may find it easier to just use Google Forms. When it comes to our website forms we have switched to JotForm as it has a better display on our website [than] SurveyMonkey has.
Ira Bornstein, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've been using SurveyMonkey for more than 20 years - most of the competitor solutions that I reviewed over 20 years ago don't even exist any longer, or they've been acquired by other firms. SurveyMonkey has stood the test of time, and never given me the need to seek out other competitive solutions
Betsy Scruggs | TrustRadius Reviewer
I like [SurveryMonkey] better because it is a way easier website to use. Very user friendly. The website is very easy to get all the feedback together in one place. The other website I used had a lot of glitches and was different than survey monkey. That website was too much trouble for what it was worth.
We really didn't look at alternatives. The only alternatives we looked at was developing our own surveys, via email and/or baking them directly into our applications, but SurveyMonkey really did all the heavy lifting, so to speak, by providing a one-stop shop for constructing, deploying, and receiving survey feedback from your target audience.
Amanda Carpenter | TrustRadius Reviewer
I haven't personally created a survey using Google Surveys, but I have received one from multiple employees lately. I believe it is slowing going to push out SurveyMonkey from our school, as the Google Suite of products have been adopted and are more widely used throughout the college. Everyone has a Google Drive now, so they are more apt to use the products that are available on there. However, comparing the surveys, they are very comparable, the only big difference that I see is that Google Surveys tends to be all on one page that just scrolls, and SurveyMonkey goes from one question per page.
SurveyMonkey, in my opinion, is better than Google Forms for data analysis; however, Google Forms does a better job of providing customization and different features. I am sure this opinion could be swayed if I tried the paid version of SurveyMonkey; however, this is not something that is in my budget right now.
Shawn Bennett | TrustRadius Reviewer
SurveyMonkey offers a better end user and survey building experience. The tools to easily create a fun and engaging survey are easily accessible, easy to understand, and easy to use. You could go as far as to say that a monkey could figure out how to use SurveyMonkey.
Duane Thompson | TrustRadius Reviewer
SurveyMonkey has more than 150 survey templates to choose from that are expert-written ranging from market research product survey, customer satisfaction survey templates, 360-degree employee evaluation, product testing, website feedback and so much more. It has more professional themes and templates than any of its competitors and you can never run out of options with SurveyMonkey.
Mitchell Terpstra | TrustRadius Reviewer
Honestly, SurveyMonkey was on our radar before most of these other options, and as it has met basically all our needs, we've felt no need to switch. For the record, Typeform's interfaces for their surveys are much more beautiful and enjoyable to use.
April 07, 2021

Can't Go Wrong!

Kelsie Hamilton | TrustRadius Reviewer
We actually use Google Forms more often than SurveyMonkey because it's free; however, for our bigger annual projects we usually switch to SurveyMonkey. We select SurveyMonkey when we're not needing to collaborate as much and when we need to be able to ask our questions in more complex ways (Google Forms very limited in that area)
SurveyMonkey is the least used between Wufoo, Titan Forms, and Google Forms. It is a solid program, however, for our uses the other programs provide additional features such as syncing to our CRM database, accepting Stripe payments, or automatically syncing with my already established Google account. I think it comes down to personal preference. SurveyMonkey is certainly worth a try if it will meet your needs.
In my opinion, SurveyMonkey is the gold standard. Google Forms and Google Surveys, while being able to connect easily to other Google tools, are not as adept or intuitive as SurveyMonkey is. Google is trying to be all things for all people, and while it does a lot of those things well, interactive survey deployment may be too narrow for it to compete as effectively. Doodle is a fine tool, but its focus is more limited and we do use it for very small internal needs on occasion. Although it's a very solid survey tool, we found SurveySparrow to be more expensive without adding much more value.
While Google Forms is free, the ability to design and customize forms/surveys would prove to be beneficial to the end user. Google Forms is very limited to multiple editors while SurveyMonkey provides viewing, editing, and commenting to editors. Additionally, the access to 200 templates and prewritten questions makes SurveyMonkey the clear lead between the two.
April 14, 2021

Quick, easy insights

From my experience, I honestly think most of these tools are interchangeable, they have very similar functionality and can meet the same needs. I think there are more custom features that help all these tools differentiate themselves, however, my experience with them has been relativity basic. I tend to think of SurveyMonkey first as it's the 'original' survey tool and I've used it the longest.