I'm currently working on …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Swiftify, and make your voice heard!
Pay As You Go
Cloud 30 (Monthly)
Cloud 100 (Monthly)
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
When Apple rolled out Swift back in 2014, Objective-C was set to be replaced. Even nowadays, however, there are plenty of apps and projects that still use Objective-C, and developers are faced with the prospect of either starting again from scratch or attempting to convert them to Swift.
Swiftify for Xcode is designed to automate much of the conversion process, handling the task of replacing syntax while letting you focus on other aspects of migrating your project to Swift.
As the name suggests, the service can be accessed directly from Xcode. You can access it from the Editor menu, where you have the option of converting a selection of code or a whole file. You can also copy Objective-C code and paste it as Swift.
It's also possible to convert files directly from Finder without booting up Xcode. The user simply selects one or more files and start the conversion from the context menu.
Finally, the Advanced Project Converter app is designed to help manage an entire project. It lets users explore it from a dedicated UI and select files to be converted. Processed items are automatically added to the project file. The app is included in Swiftify for Xcode, but it can only be used with a Cloud subscription or Swiftify Pay As You Go credits.
- Supported: Convert Objective-C code to Swift right in Xcode
- Supported: Gradually convert your project using the Advanced Project Converter
- Supported: Convert files and projects directly from Finder
- Supported: Right-click and convert code from any text-editing app
- Supported: Configurable conversion options and shortcuts
- objc2swift by Jahoo! Japan
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||29%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||10%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||9%|
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Supported Countries||United States, Europe, Australia, Asia|
- It could be useful if you do not want to hire a Swift developer and helps to learn your existing team a new language.
- good ROI, saves a lot of time.
- Time saved is the best part of it. Last year, we lost a lot of time finding conversions from our actual Objective-C code. Now it's just two clicks and everything works.
- We are going to release our app as soon as possible, and without Swiftify this will not be possible. Seriously, this platform is necessary.
- Helped to reduce churn and to improve our delivery cycle a bit.
- Refactoring took some time because it isn't really suited for complex projects.
- For now the impact has been small, considering that I used the trial version, it was helpful for small conversions. Summarising: Saving time on researching process