- It was easy to install on machines in an active directory environment, and maintain/update whenever we needed without having to physically go to clients.
- The interface was pretty well locked down for clients, which was good in order to stop accidental meddling.
- Symantec has good online resources for current threats, including messages or warning signs and what to do/where to find them on a machine in case SATP cannot deal with it on its own.
- Doing manual scans are incredibly slow, and the UI didn't help. It's difficult to find important settings.
- It often didn't find threats that I knew existed on a machine, and I had to use other products in order to solve the problem. It seems like it finds only the obvious threats. After a couple years, I stopped trusting it as the one-stop-shop for threat detection, and it eventually became a nuisance when given the option to favor other detection programs.
- It didn't do well against ransomware, and in all known cases in 2015 through 2016 it failed to detect anything until it was too late.
- Reliable detection and blocking of threats.
- Easy deployment and updates.
- Good central management console and features.
- Fairly transparent to end users
- Supplier support - Really dire. Technical support off shore was passable, but account management was non existent. Really reflects on Symantec poorly given our spend per annum with them.
- Cost per annum. At the upper end of protection systems. With little or no account support this was poor value.
- Proactive communications with customer
Symantec Advanced Threat Protection Review: "Great, stable, flexible solution for a serious security problem."
Symantec Advanced Threat Protection Scorecard Summary
About Symantec Advanced Threat Protection
Symantec Advanced Threat Protection is a single unified solution that uncovers, prioritizes, and remediates advanced attacks. The product fuses intelligence from endpoint, network, and email control points, as well as Symantec’s massive global sensor network, to stop threats that evade individual security products. It leverages existing Symantec Endpoint Protection and Symantec Email Security.cloud investments, so it does not require the deployment of any new agents. It includes functionality from the former Blue Coat Advanced Threat Protection.
Symantec Advanced Threat Protection Competitors
Symantec Advanced Threat Protection Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Symantec Advanced Threat Protection Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Supported Countries:||Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia|