Symantec Advanced Threat Protection Reviews

Wallis Riaño profile photo
We have managed to address issues such as having a constant security in my computer and system during its time of use and I can also differentiate and eliminate threats as it has done in my system since its installation. My organizer is faster since Symantec cleans and keeps my system one hundred percent protected, detects any threats and automatically discards them without any problem. I can be calmer because I have the effectiveness of its protection, my software is always clean and without any risk of being damaged. The greatest benefit obtained has been the maximum protection of all our equipment from hackers or viruses.
  • What I love about Symantec is its advanced security.
  • It makes my system and devices active and without any threats.
  • It allows me to have conversations with any other users who use this same protection system to help each other and learn about the handling.
  • With its functionality I can eliminate any image that I have had for a long time, just by applying the touch and release option that ends with any risk that I get from any hidden image in the system.
  • Its speed at the beginning of the session is correct because it acts directly with the system operators.
  • It is reliable since I activate the product through messages and my computer IP, and it is effective and functional, it is of excellent execution and protection once it is already installed on the computer.
  • What I dislike about Symantec is the form of scanning that does not cover a certain amount when registering vulnerabilities and attackers.
  • Feasibly protect the computer system by giving the user peace of mind for its extensive security and durability.
Its protection of our equipment is effective and it can be executed without any problems for the users of my company. It can be used by anyone who wants to obtain it, excellent security software. I recommend it 100%, it's very reliable.
Read Wallis Riaño's full review
Andrew Bouwhuis profile photo
We have implemented Symantec's AV as a means to protect against virus and malware security issues. It's deployed at a number of our customer sites and, for the price, really has a great history of doing a good job.
  • It seems to be very good at protecting us from threats. We don't have users who are doing stupid things or anything, but we have never had a severe compromise.
  • The management is pretty easy (we are using the on-prem version), it's full of the ability to see what's going on and customize things.
  • The client runs without much issue, and without users' knowledge or involvement.
  • I don't like that I have to maintain the client and keep it up to date. Updating the client is not a very easy process.
  • Deploying the client could be easier. They have a deployment tool, but it doesn't really get to all PCs, which means I still have to manually deploy it.
  • Because the product has so much customization, it can also be very difficult to set up and understand.
I think it would be best suited for an enterprise level environment where you have dedicated onsite IT staff able to check it, manage it, and update it daily.
Read Andrew Bouwhuis's full review
Luciano Rios profile photo
Symantec Advanced Protection Threat Protection is a program used across the whole Alcoa Company for all departments and areas, including HR and the Finance department. With this program, it is possible to solve most problems like malware and virus. The software can protect and control the machines from all employees.
  • Fast process.
  • Easy to protect the machines.
  • The program can protect from malware of the system and services too.
  • Improve the protection of the system in all areas.
  • The employees are now safer and relaxed about security.
  • The company now has more protection in the data and information.
With Symantec Advanced Threat Protection you can protect machines, the system in the cloud, communications, videos, and important information (secret information) from people that have the intention to of stealing it. One thing that I do not like is the price. It is a wonderful program with a lot of benefits, but it is very expensive when we compared it with other companies in the market.
Read Luciano Rios's full review
David Crawford profile photo
My IT department used it as the primary threat control for all machines in the organization. It was meant to address a simple means of identifying viruses/malware/etc. and we would be notified of quarantines or current issues in order to inspect on our own.
  • It was easy to install on machines in an active directory environment, and maintain/update whenever we needed without having to physically go to clients.
  • The interface was pretty well locked down for clients, which was good in order to stop accidental meddling.
  • Symantec has good online resources for current threats, including messages or warning signs and what to do/where to find them on a machine in case SATP cannot deal with it on its own.
  • Doing manual scans are incredibly slow, and the UI didn't help. It's difficult to find important settings.
  • It often didn't find threats that I knew existed on a machine, and I had to use other products in order to solve the problem. It seems like it finds only the obvious threats. After a couple years, I stopped trusting it as the one-stop-shop for threat detection, and it eventually became a nuisance when given the option to favor other detection programs.
  • It didn't do well against ransomware, and in all known cases in 2015 through 2016 it failed to detect anything until it was too late.
If you need something simple to quickly deploy, it's fine. But if you have other options, go with more useful threat detection products. I wasn't impressed by what it does.
Read David Crawford's full review
We found Symantec Advanced Threat Protection to be a robust reliable solution to end point security. Good central management features, easy to deploy and manage. It allows us to rely on this product for an increasing threat landscape. We have used this on some 3000 client devices and 500 physical and virtual servers.
  • Reliable detection and blocking of threats.
  • Easy deployment and updates.
  • Good central management console and features.
  • Fairly transparent to end users
  • Supplier support - Really dire. Technical support off shore was passable, but account management was non existent. Really reflects on Symantec poorly given our spend per annum with them.
  • Cost per annum. At the upper end of protection systems. With little or no account support this was poor value.
  • Proactive communications with customer
Very well suited to enterprise deployment. Very well suited to Wintel environment. Poorer version available for Linux or Mac.
Symantec Advanced Threat Protection (SATP) is used to assist and detect malware and ATP across our organization as a whole. It is managed by our IT department. The business problem that it addresses is protecting the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of our IT assets and personnel.
  • Detecting and Tracing Advanced Threats
  • Actionable Intelligence
  • Network traffic analysis.
  • Context intelligence
  • Sandboxing and detonation
  • Static based detection
Detecting and Tracing Advanced Threats utilizing Advanced Threat Protection: Endpoint and Email products when combining the sandboxing and detonation.
We use Symantec Threat protection in the whole organization. In healthcare this is especially important as we're liable for the loss of patient records and HIPAA laws.
  • Ensures there is no adverse activity on the network, outside invasions, loss of data, spoofing of accounts.
  • Blocks denial of services attacks
  • Integrating to other tools in your portfolio
This is a great enterprise-level solution. It is a tool well suited for a NOC or SOC department to oversee. You will get a huge or on this investment by simply avoiding hacking and loss of data, in any environment, but especially if you're in healthcare or financial services, where there's more regulation around data.

About Symantec Advanced Threat Protection

Symantec Advanced Threat Protection is a single unified solution that uncovers, prioritizes, and remediates advanced attacks. The product fuses intelligence from endpoint, network, and email control points, as well as Symantec’s massive global sensor network, to stop threats that evade individual security products. It leverages existing Symantec Endpoint Protection and Symantec Email Security.cloud investments, so it does not require the deployment of any new agents. It includes functionality from the former Blue Coat Advanced Threat Protection.