Symantec Advanced Threat Protection
Symantec Advanced Threat Protection
Read all reviews
We are currently using Symantec Advanced Threat Protection in our corporate headquarters for both our test and production environments for …
We use Symantec ATP as our one stop shop when it comes to proactive monitoring of our network, email, and internet traffic. The whole …
We tested so many software for the purpose of minimizing overall threats & to choose the best that could deal with any kind of threats & …
Symantec Advanced Threat Protection is currently used at the level of various departments of the organization. It is an easy software to …
Symantec Advanced Threat Protection is easy to use and implement, even in a moderately size digital environment such as in our company. We …
Symantec Advanced Threat Protection is currently being used in various organizations and departments. In most cases, it is being used as …
We us SEP throughout our company on servers, workstations and laptops. We use for Firewall, USB control, Spyware and AV protection.
It;s being used by one country division. Day to day connectivity and devices that we connect to our windows machine.
Also filters …
Also filters …
Symantec Advanced Threat Protection is used as our anti-virus program. It is on machines across the organization, but mostly utilized by …
We have managed to address issues such as having a constant security in my computer and system during its time of use and I can also …
We have implemented Symantec's AV as a means to protect against virus and malware security issues. It's deployed at a number of our …
Symantec Advanced Protection Threat Protection is a program used across the whole Alcoa Company for all departments and areas, including …
My IT department used it as the primary threat control for all machines in the organization. It was meant to address a simple means of …
We found Symantec Advanced Threat Protection to be a robust reliable solution to end point security. Good central management features, …
Symantec Advanced Threat Protection (SATP) is used to assist and detect malware and ATP across our organization as a whole. It is managed …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Symantec Advanced Threat Protection, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
2 people want pricing too
Symantec Advanced Threat Protection is a single unified solution that uncovers, prioritizes, and remediates advanced attacks. The product fuses intelligence from endpoint, network, and email control points, as well as Symantec’s massive global sensor network, to stop threats that evade individual security products. It leverages existing Symantec Endpoint Protection and Symantec Email Security.cloud investments, so it does not require the deployment of any new agents. It includes functionality from the former Blue Coat Advanced Threat Protection.
- Supported: Synapse Correlation Technology
- Supported: Symantec Cynic
- Supported: Global Intelligence
- Supported: Correlation
- Supported: Cloud Sandbox
- Supported: Investigation
- Supported: Remediation
- Fidelis Elevate
- FireEye Advanced Threat Protection
- Cisco Advanced Threat Protection
- Palo Alto Networks Threat Prevention
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Supported Countries||Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia|
Fidelis Elevate are common alternatives for Symantec Advanced Threat Protection.
Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.
The most common users of Symantec Advanced Threat Protection are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- Improved risk mitigation coupled with other security protocols
- Allows us to confidently announce to our clients that we have a product in place for our and their protection.
- Forensics has saved us countless hours of searching during the somewhat rare time we needed to look into an attack (no breaches at this point).
- Working with Symantec Endpoints allows us to have a singular face on our Network attack Protection offering.
- Minimize over all threats
- To have more control over the environment
- To get a better visibility
- By having an agile management of incidents, it is possible to reduce the time it would take to manually search for threats that tend to sneak through the network.
- Because it provides real time protection, threat detection is much more effective, preventing them from reaching our endpoints and generating outbreaks.
- Because we are a large company, keeping our users protected is vital and with this software we can achieve this since it easily detects advanced threats such as credential theft and phishing attacks.
- It takes less time to maintain and troubleshoot the internal network
- It makes the internal network more secure
- relatively low cost solution
- appropriate solution in a lot of end-user and network protection scenarios
- well known brand with a strong reputation makes it a trusted investment
- Positive.. It seems to work. Not too much agent overhead compared to other Endpoint products I've used.
- Positive.. Seamless updates. The user doesn't it's even happening in the background even though they are working from home due to Covid-19. The endpoint is updated if they are at home or in the office.
- Negative.. There is many from my experience other than when migrating a large number of agents to a new SEP server is. Migration is slow and repetitive.
- Peace of mind achieved when there are no manual interactions required about security.
- Encrypting data ensures protection of official data.
- Devices are well protected.
- Saved money by preventing threats from entering the environment.
- In the long term, the costs that could occur due to loss of information are reduced.
- We haven't ever suffered from a serious security compromise, and I owe that to our Symantec AV.
- Once installed and set up, it's difficult to pull it out of the environment and try something else, so it has a way of keeping itself stable.
- Some customers have a hard time paying the price because they don't "see" it do anything, and wonder what they are paying for.
- High level of protection.
- Service with quality.
- Expensive price.
- Some digital assets were lost due to failures to detect various threats.
- We had to use other products in combination in order to trust that all threats were actually detected, taking extra time. We couldn't use just SATP.
- Ability to quickly manage/deploy via AD made maintenance of the application itself quick and easy.
- Good reliability record. High level of detections. Blacks threats well.
- Updates and deployment are easy and reliable.
- Has protected our systems and business users well.
- Sandboxing and detonation helps in prevention and protecting our availability and confidentiality
- Context intelligence gives our department a clear view of the threat and how to remediate it
- Traffic analysis helps our department not waste time tracking down the source
- Already answered this.