Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) (37)8.585%
- Centralized Management (39)8.484%
- Malware Detection (39)8.383%
- Infection Remediation (38)7.272%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Symantec Endpoint Security, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Symantec Endpoint Protection is designed to protect against advanced malware threats with powerful, layered protection backed by industry leading security intelligence.
- Network Threat Protection stops most threats before they can take up residence on the machine
- Insight reputation scoring accurately detects rapidly mutating malware and zero-day threats
- SONAR™ behavioral analysis stops malicious files designed to appear legitimate
- Strong antivirus, antispyware and firewall protection eradicate known mass malware
- Supported: Network Threat Protection
- Supported: Insight
- Supported: SONAR behavioral analysis
- Supported: Antivirus
- Supported: Antispyware
- Supported: Firewall protection
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Supported Countries||Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia|
- It would be nice of the yearly cost was a little lower
- We have reduced some of our IT costs as we can remotely update the workstations from the Server.
- Some end users have complained about having issues installing 3rd party software which has increased calls to the IT department.
- Fewer complaints from developers who need to compile complex code without EDR getting in the way.
- Less time is wasted wiping and rebuilding machines when an infection does occur due to competent quarantine and power erase functionality.
- Our engineers are happy since application control is now easier to manage compared with other solutions.
- Successful malware infection incidents have decreased.
- Minimized risks to clients on the network by as much 50%
- Reduced the demand on human resources to response to security incidents
- Facilitates user confidence and data security
- Provides a valuable mitigation strategy for addressing client risks
- Provides an overall picture on the threat exposure of the business network and highlights areas that need the most attention
- Has helped keep our systems free from infection
- Minimising downtime from viruses
- Helped eliminate vulnerabilities on our systems.
- Protection of our system from malware has prevented loss of data and system collapses.
- Symantec has kept our PC's free of viruses for over a decade now
- We've spent countless hours trying to get support with very poor/slow resolution.
- Renewal process was a joke.
- I'm not even sure everything is setup correctly or that it is doing much in the way of protecting us, and as there is no way to contact support we can't verify.
- We've been planning to move to a different security platform for at least 2 years now and only renewed because moving to another platform was not something we had time for.
- Business workflow stability
- Reducing the load on Help Desk
- It delivers strong protection with a low operational load.
- It allows employees to work in a secured manner regardless of where they are.
- It protects against a wide variety without impacting productivity.
- (Positive) Prevents Network Intrusion
- (Positive) Prevents Ransomware
- (Positive) Overall saving us money from getting hacked
- Symantec [Endpoint Security] cost 50k less than other options while providing similar benefits over the last year
- Cylance conflicted with Symantec [Endpoint Security] and Cisco Umbrella Client (All 3 at the same time) causing us to rebuild many desktops
- Symantec [Endpoint Security] made it easy to detect where issues were and repair them
- Reduced Data Theft
- Increased time required to discover security flaws in systems
- Increased security compliance among clients
- increased productivity of IT Support Staff
- Performance improvement.
- Cost effective.
- Reduced Malware related down time to near zero.
- Rapid Seamless updates
- Forced compliance for remote users.
- Technical Support
- Management Tools
- Uninstalling End Points
- Overall product GUI
- It is probably the most expensive solution I have used to date
- Updating policies doesn't interrupt the user
- Updating definitions is done on LAN so it doesn't impact overall network bandwidth
- Protects us from attacks from the outside
- Provides safety to remote workers
- Confidence in an industry standard product.
- The ROI from deploying this has led to fewer security issues which reduces costs.
- Keeping track of security issues and how the were remedied is easier.
- Deskside support can work with end users easily if something is triggered and this allows us to not have to overstaff.
- Reduced number of virus infections in organization.
- Provides proactive alerts for suspicious software and behaviors.
- Costly, but worth the price.
- No real negative or positive impact. I find most endpoint products work the same and are roughly the same cost.
- One ROI is that it still works on older Windows OS. I'm still running the new version of Windows 2003 servers as AV clients.
- I find the client to take a lot of resources on the client and sometimes can slow the computer down. Especially when the computer doesn't have that much ram/CPU.
- It allowed me to remove all viruses from the network.
- It provides peace of mind that we should be able to catch and remove any virus a nefarious user would try to put on the network.
- It has blocked the spread of malware across our network a few times.
- It has helped us gain our cyber security certification.
- Cases of infection and intrusion have been completely mitigated.
- It has managed to completely control the vulnerabilities that users unconsciously entered through external devices.
- Positive: It is a good platform to work with once you have acquired the licenses.
- Negative: Acquiring the licenses means traversing through red tape.