- securing environment
- data protection
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- The ROI from deploying this has led to fewer security issues which reduces costs.
- Keeping track of security issues and how the were remedied is easier.
- Deskside support can work with end users easily if something is triggered and this allows us to not have to overstaff.
- Reduced Malware related down time to near zero.
- Rapid Seamless updates
- Forced compliance for remote users.
- Performance improvement.
- Cost effective.
- Confidence in an industry standard product.
- Technical Support
- Management Tools
- Uninstalling End Points
- Overall product GUI
- It is probably the most expensive solution I have used to date
- Updating policies doesn't interrupt the user
- Updating definitions is done on LAN so it doesn't impact overall network bandwidth
- Protects us from attacks from the outside
- Provides safety to remote workers
- Reduced number of virus infections in organization.
- Provides proactive alerts for suspicious software and behaviors.
- Costly, but worth the price.
- Positive: It is a good platform to work with once you have acquired the licenses.
- Negative: Acquiring the licenses means traversing through red tape.
- Cases of infection and intrusion have been completely mitigated.
- It has managed to completely control the vulnerabilities that users unconsciously entered through external devices.
- No real negative or positive impact. I find most endpoint products work the same and are roughly the same cost.
- One ROI is that it still works on older Windows OS. I'm still running the new version of Windows 2003 servers as AV clients.
- I find the client to take a lot of resources on the client and sometimes can slow the computer down. Especially when the computer doesn't have that much ram/CPU.
- It allowed me to remove all viruses from the network.
- It provides peace of mind that we should be able to catch and remove any virus a nefarious user would try to put on the network.
- It has blocked the spread of malware across our network a few times.
- It has helped us gain our cyber security certification.
- Hard to place a value on ROI, but you cannot afford to run a sub-par antivirus.
- Ease of monitoring.
- Cost on average.
- Allows for USB control as well.
- Requires a machine slightly above average.
- It provides excellent protection from all threat types.
- It's easy to use and navigate.
- Symantec has good mobile device management features.
- Symantec lacks reporting capabilities.
- We are end users, required to use it by our credit card provider.
- Gives peace of mind that we are secure.
- Low-cost of acquisition.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection greatly provides me with huge time savings from having to reformat my computer every time it gets infected.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection keeps me from remaining on websites where I can be potentially hacked.
- Avoided data theft by blocking access to USB drives (uncalculated value)
- Has eliminated virus problems on the intranet
- Symantec has been instrumental in meeting many compliance needs.
- Symatec has provided timely updates to effectively stop many exploits
- Keeps IT intervention and management of devices and updates to a minimum
- Blocking malicious software allows our IT staff to focus on other objectives rather than having to "clean up" infections
- no measureable impact
- It has forced us to deploy secondary software to handle malware threats, as far too many of them slip by SEP unnoticed. We'd prefer not to have such an approach, but with SEP we aren't fully protected without such additional software.
- The CPU footprint vs other similar products wastes extra CPU cycles on scanning, causing us to need larger ESX hosts for a given number of VM's, due to the overhead from the SEP client.
- On more than one occasion, a bad update has caused significant business impact, causing us to heavily consider a different product when our next renewal period is up.
Symantec Endpoint Protection is designed to protect against advanced malware threats with powerful, layered protection backed by industry leading security intelligence.
- Network Threat Protection stops most threats before they can take up residence on the machine
- Insight reputation scoring accurately detects rapidly mutating malware and zero-day threats
- SONAR™ behavioral analysis stops malicious files designed to appear legitimate
- Strong antivirus, antispyware and firewall protection eradicate known mass malware
- Supported: Network Threat Protection
- Supported: Insight
- Supported: SONAR behavioral analysis
- Supported: Antivirus
- Supported: Antispyware
- Supported: Firewall protection
Overview Demo of Symantec Endpoint Protection
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Supported Countries||Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia|
Frequently Asked Questions
Symantec Endpoint Protection is the company's flagship antivirus / endpoint security product.
Reviewers rate Hybrid Deployment Support and Malware Detection highest, with a score of 8.8.
The most common users of Symantec Endpoint Security are from Enterprises and the Information Technology & Services industry.