Symantec Endpoint Security

Symantec Endpoint Security Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

I've called a few times and the support is great. They help me walk through the issues that I was having and even remotely connected to my server and show me how the fix the issue. I hope the support doesn't change since they were bought by Broadcom.
Symantec Endpoint Protection support isn't best, and that's putting it lightly! They can take a long time to come back to you, and if they don't answer your question immediately and you have to go back, you'll be waiting a while again. The good part is that they manage the infrastructure, so you only need to worry about installing and configuring your part of the portal. I will say the portal is very stable and hasn't ever gone down in the time we've used it.
Debbie Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's a big company. Symantec's support is good once you actually get them. We generally have to open a ticket and get a call back - eventually. They rarely have the answer for us right away, but they are good about either escalating or researching and getting back to us in a day or two. We rarely have any issues, so this usually isn't too big of a deal for us. If their product had more issues I would really have to debate whether or not I needed a different vendor due to the time it takes to actually get support. As I said, once we reach a person with the right skills for the right product, we're usually happy with the results.
I haven't had to use Symantec support for Endpoint that much over the years, but I did when we had to deploy it to the stores. Now deploying to the remote locations ended up being really easy, but I had some questions and issues with using a relay at each store location that support was honestly pretty terrible at helping with. In the end I figured out the problem with my own research and it was simply that I needed to decrease the number of heartbeats sent from the clients since we were deploying to over 10,000 machines which I was surprised that support didn't point out in beginning of talking to them, so I was a little annoyed with that.
I can hardly recall having to contact their support; product has run well! From the times I have contacted them, it was usually just in regard to something I could not figure out how to do. The product has not had much in the way of technical issues.

Symantec Endpoint Security Scorecard Summary

Endpoint Security (7)
Anti-Exploit Technology (25)
Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) (27)
Centralized Management (29)
Hybrid Deployment Support (18)
Infection Remediation (29)
Vulnerability Management (25)
Malware Detection (29)

What is Symantec Endpoint Security?

Symantec Endpoint Protection is designed to protect against advanced malware threats with powerful, layered protection backed by industry leading security intelligence.

• Network Threat Protection stops most threats before they can take up residence on the machine
  • Insight reputation scoring accurately detects rapidly mutating malware and zero-day threats
  • SONAR™ behavioral analysis stops malicious files designed to appear legitimate
  • Strong antivirus, antispyware and firewall protection eradicate known mass malware

Symantec Endpoint Security Features