What is Symantec Endpoint Security?

Symantec Endpoint Protection is the company's flagship antivirus / endpoint security product.

• Malware Detection (38)
  • Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) (36)
  • Centralized Management (38)
  • Infection Remediation (37)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Symantec Endpoint Security, and make your voice heard!

152 people want pricing too

What is Microsoft Defender for Endpoint?

Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (formerly Microsoft Defender ATP) is a holistic, cloud delivered endpoint security solution that includes risk-based vulnerability management and assessment, attack surface reduction, behavioral based and cloud-powered next generation protection, endpoint detection…

What is McAfee Total Protection?

McAfee offers a suite of popular antivirus and antimalware offerings for home and small businesses or home offices. Presently the flagship consumer and home office grade offerings from McAfee is the McAfee Total Protection suite which combines antivirus, mobile device protection, and virus removal…

Product Demos

Introducing Symantec Endpoint Security Complete
03:41

Endpoint Security

What is Symantec Endpoint Security?

Symantec Endpoint Protection is designed to protect against advanced malware threats with powerful, layered protection backed by industry leading security intelligence.

• Network Threat Protection stops most threats before they can take up residence on the machine
  • Insight reputation scoring accurately detects rapidly mutating malware and zero-day threats
  • SONAR™ behavioral analysis stops malicious files designed to appear legitimate
  • Strong antivirus, antispyware and firewall protection eradicate known mass malware

Symantec Endpoint Security Features

Symantec Endpoint Security Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise, Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Operating SystemsWindows, Linux, Mac
Supported CountriesAmericas, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia

Kaspersky Endpoint Security, Sophos Intercept X, and Barracuda RMM are common alternatives for Symantec Endpoint Security.

Reviewers rate Malware Detection highest, with a score of 8.4.

The most common users of Symantec Endpoint Security are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

Support is completely awful! You can never get anyone to help if you can even find a number to call. The support web portal is a joke and their response time if you're even able to submit a ticket is ridiculously slow.
I've called a few times and the support is great. They help me walk through the issues that I was having and even remotely connected to my server and show me how the fix the issue. I hope the support doesn't change since they were bought by Broadcom.
Symantec Endpoint Protection support isn't best, and that's putting it lightly! They can take a long time to come back to you, and if they don't answer your question immediately and you have to go back, you'll be waiting a while again. The good part is that they manage the infrastructure, so you only need to worry about installing and configuring your part of the portal. I will say the portal is very stable and hasn't ever gone down in the time we've used it.
Our experience with the support provided by the channel that gives us the solution has been effective, with solutions and suggestions toward the good uses that should be given to the tool. Support is permanent and has all the necessary provisions.
I can hardly recall having to contact their support; product has run well! From the times I have contacted them, it was usually just in regard to something I could not figure out how to do. The product has not had much in the way of technical issues.
I haven't had to use Symantec support for Endpoint that much over the years, but I did when we had to deploy it to the stores. Now deploying to the remote locations ended up being really easy, but I had some questions and issues with using a relay at each store location that support was honestly pretty terrible at helping with. In the end I figured out the problem with my own research and it was simply that I needed to decrease the number of heartbeats sent from the clients since we were deploying to over 10,000 machines which I was surprised that support didn't point out in beginning of talking to them, so I was a little annoyed with that.
Debbie Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's a big company. Symantec's support is good once you actually get them. We generally have to open a ticket and get a call back - eventually. They rarely have the answer for us right away, but they are good about either escalating or researching and getting back to us in a day or two. We rarely have any issues, so this usually isn't too big of a deal for us. If their product had more issues I would really have to debate whether or not I needed a different vendor due to the time it takes to actually get support. As I said, once we reach a person with the right skills for the right product, we're usually happy with the results.