Reviews (1-15 of 15)
- Building basic charts from already available show me is one of the quickest and easiest thing in any BI tool
- connecting to data is quite simple we don't need to write long queries(unless we want to).
- arranging sheets in the dashboard and using filters are just clicks away, anyone can do it by first chance only.
- Visualizations using drag and drop
- Predictive Analysis, Regression, Trend, Correlation, Statistical calculations pre-built as functions
- Ability to integrate data across multiple data sources, varying in technology on the same dashboard and making them react to user choices using parameters and easy to create calculated fields
- Graphing is easy to do. It gets harder when you have a particular graph capability that you must mimic.
- Dashboards are super easy. Dashboard actions make the workbooks come alive.
- Filtering and parameters are a great tool in the workbooks to limit your data down to a subset that you can analyze fully.
Tableau Desktop Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Tableau Desktop
Tableau Desktop aims to allow people to make data-driven decisions with confidence, by helping them answer questions more quickly, solve harder problems more easily, and uncover new insights more frequently.
The vendor says that with a couple of clicks, Tableau Desktop connects directly to hundreds of data sources, both on-premises or in the cloud, with the goal of making it easier to start analysis. Interactive dashboards, drag and drop functionality, and natural language queries help users of all skill levels quickly discover actionable insights, all from an intuitive and visual interface. Users can ask deeper questions by quickly building powerful calculations, adding trend lines and seeing statistical summaries, or clustering data to see relationships.
Tableau's goal is to help people and organizations become more data-driven. With an integrated platform that is strives to be easy to start and scale, Tableau aims to support the entire analytics journey, from data preparation, to deep analysis, to the shared insights that drive the business forward.
Tableau Desktop Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Free trials are available for both editions.
Tableau Desktop Technical Details
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Mac|