Reviews (1-1 of 1)
March 30, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
We installed Talend ESB in a telecom company to fix the problem of multiple software interfaces with the BPM solution the customer chose. In this scenario, the BPM must interface with 8 different systems, from ERP, CRM, Invoice, Helpdesk, Finance, Credit Bureaus, Line activator, etc., and each one of these systems must interoperate between them as well. The solution was to implement an Interface Cloud (aka ESB) to provide a single point of communication, security, and monitoring.
- Up to 900 connectors included in the license with no extra cost
- Graphical UI to develop the Web Services
- You can begin with the community version to evaluate or start implementing a very uncomplicated ESB
- The Talend ESB Admin Control is very powerful with dashboards and reports to keep your IF working smoothly
- You have to log in to each module separately
- 900 connectors is a lot, but if you have a custom app to interface, you have to develop your connector
Read Jose Miguel Siu Navarro's full review
- Multiple systems to interface for a task in the company (example: to sell an item your POS must communicate with the inventory software, then to accounting, then to service, etc).
- When a task must bring information from several external services.
- When you have to deal with multiple APIs.
- Data transformation (although Talend has a software for that that works with Talend ESB)