Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Talkwalker, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
The vendor provides Talkwalker as a social listening and analytics company that they state is presently used by over 2,000 brands and agencies to optimize the impact of their communication efforts. They aim to provide companies with an easy-to-use platform to protect, measure, and promote their brands worldwide, across all communication channels.
Talkwalker's social media analytics platform uses AI-powered technology to monitor and analyze online conversations in real-time across social networks, news websites, blogs and forums in 187 languages. Talkwalker has offices in New York, Luxembourg, San Francisco, Frankfurt, Paris and Singapore. It is also the home of Talkwalker Alerts, a free alerting service which the vendor says is used by over 500,000 communications and marketing professionals worldwide.
- Supported: Highly flexible dashboards
- Supported: APIs
- Supported: Individual Alerts
- Supported: Customizable filters
- Supported: Backdata up to year
- Supported: Sort results by relevance or engagement
- Supported: Export results to PowerPoint, Word, Excel, CSV, RSS
- Supported: Identify influencers
- Supported: Automated sentiment analysis in 29 languages
- Supported: Twitter Certified Product
- Supported: Integrate third party analytics tools
- Sentiment Analysis.
- Dashboard Creation and Sharing.
- A recent update has made adding filters to the dashboard far more convoluted than necessary.
- Many metrics are displayed as "3.4M", it would be great if you could hover over that number to see the full "3,371,000".
- The tagging feature is buggy and often needs to be done twice to tag the mentions applied in the rule.
- Brand Management
- Trend Analysis
- Market Research
- Improvements to Free Tools to supplement paid subscriptions
- Talkwalker Alerts
- Boolean searches are flexible, including a lot of advanced boolean terms
- Multiple types of data visualization, both during topic analysis and also in dashboards
- Filter options, especially the Custom Filters and Custom Tags
- AI feature allows us to save time cleaning data or manually tagging specific themes
- Tracking some social platforms, such as LinkedIn
- Improving forum coverage in non-English markets
- I'd like to be able to nest the "NEAR/x" operator two times in a query when defining some setups
- Real time monitoring.
- Social media analytics.
- Missing LinkedIn and Facebook real time monitoring.
- Easier application of conditions in topic set up.
- Talkwalker helps you monitor online mentions so you can stay aware of what's being said about your company. Social listening is more important than ever.
- Talkwalker also helps you delve deeper into the social insights to track patterns and give you data that can be helpful in the future as you plan your marketing efforts.
- Talkwalker is one of the only products like it that incorporates AI and is, according to some, on the cutting edge in its field.
- I find that the social mention reports I get are sometimes off-target. So it could do a better job of tailoring them to me and my company specifically.
- If anything, there may be too much data. You need to discern what's most useful for you. It could be overwhelming until you do.
- It's pretty expensive. Good, but expensive.
- In-depth reports
- Previews listening
- Customer support is great
- Can be hard to master
- Not as user-friendly for inexperienced social listeners
- Slow response at times
- Its email updates are convenient.
- Your query can be very specific.
- It has an unlimited amount of variations, even in the free version.
- It does not catch everything.
- Ineffective in certain cases.
- Not very user-friendly.
- Beautiful quick visualizations. Digestible data for non-data folks.
- Automated reporting. Beautiful reports just show up in my inbox every week. It's awesome
- Sentiment analysis. Generally about 80% correct, so good for aggregate reporting on larger datasets.
- Data accuracy: we've noticed some issues in our dashboards, though customer service has been quick to address.
- Price. At its current price point, it was a tough sell to SMT.
- Track the news on a particular topic in English or choose to get all news in every language
- Track your brand's mentions
- Track the backlink opportunities
- Keep a close eye on your competition and their updates across the web
- The tool is missing an option of excluding certain words and thus refining your search results.
- Track your company's mentions on the web
- Spy on your competition
- Track your mentions
- Stay in-the-know by tracking the industry news and keywords
- Source the backlink opportunities
- Truly global listening platform - monitor a deep range of media types from all over the world. Particularly strong in supporting competitive monitoring and analysis briefs across regions and countries. It monitors content in original language which I believe is a very strong monitoring factor.
- Easy to use yet powerful dashboard visualisations - the dashboard interface is among the best I have seen. While it can accomplish many things, and under the hood is a very powerful and complex tool, the user interface is very intuitive, slick, quick and packed with all the KPIs you could want.
- Customisation of the tool is a great feature. You can build your own dashboard and reporting spaces to suit your needs. You can schedule alerts from the system in a variety of outputs to keep you up to date with the latest events.
- Customer support & technological advancement - the team at Talkwalker are highly proficient, always willing to support our every need, however big or small. Talkwalker aim to release around 4 software updates each year which means the platform is always full of the latest data visualisations and monitoring technologies
- Having 'traditional' media monitored alongside social as well as owned media assets in one dashboard space is invaluable to help brands understand where their media footprint lies and how they perform in each media set, relative to the others.
- AI - Talkwalker has introduced greater AI capabilities recently which means the capability of the tool in monitoring is ever-increasing, and the accuracy of targeting content and sentiment analysis is improving. The Visual Insights and image recognition technology is a really strong feature, and a very welcome addition to the monitoring aspect
- The sentiment analysis has improved vastly in recent months - the adoption of AI and machine learning has greatly helped - but there is always room for improvement. Having said that, I don't believe there is any listening tool out there which can claim to be totally accurate in this regard
- While the user interface is intuitive, to first-time users the idea of programming searches and manipulating the dashboard space may seem daunting, purely because it is so comprehensive, powerful and has such deep capability. Trust me, it becomes second nature to use very quickly!
- Ability to adopt and monitor new social networks - Talkwalker has worked hard to include social platforms from China in recent months. Given that the nature of social media use is always evolving, it would be good to see these platforms added to the media mix as quickly as possible
- The Boolean capabilities on the system are incredible. They're not only thorough but address things I never would have though possible, such as metrics. This allows a search to be as particular as you want it, especially if what the client is looking for is difficult to narrow down.
- Their customer service is wonderful. Everyone is very accommodating, kind, and willing to receive suggestions or criticisms as they come. The company is looking to improve in every way they can, and wants feedback.
- The tool is very flexible. There are many roads to the same place, which allows the data to be sliced and diced in all the ways the client needs with relative ease.
- The system is complicated. With everything that you're able to do, it does come at the cost of simplicity. It definitely requires training and a high level of expertise to properly leverage what it can do.
- The system can be slow. If you "ask" it to do too many things at once, it can get hung up and do the spin of doom.
- UX: the product is incredibly easy and intuitive to learn, use and navigate
- Content: great job at incorporating social, online, and broadcast feeds, with ever more sources being added to the mix
- Analytics: one word: WOW. All major online and social media metrics are tracked within the platform and can be added to any report
- Dashboards & reports: incredibly easy and flexible to build, customize, and ,modify dashboards and publish reports
- Compatibility with other platforms and external analytics engines: Talkwalker is extremely flexible and comprehensive in how it makes data available to use in other platforms, from programmatic access to downloads in pretty much every available format.
- Search, sorting and filtering: top notch. Talkwalker has endless filtering and sorting capabilities, making it extremely easy to zero in on relevant coverage and filter out noise.
- Human analysis: programs built around human analysis tend to require advanced custom scoring options. These exist in Talkwalker, but using can become a little cumbersome when analyzing large quantities of articles. Then again, Talkwalker's exporting capabilities make it easy to feed the content into a specialized scoring platform.
Talkwalker's searching, filtering and sorting capabilities make it extremely easy for users who like to cross-references subsets of coverage to uncover actionable insights.
- Effective reporting capabilites
- Ease of use, user friendliness
- Talkwalker is basically a monitoring tool, so all functions are on the listen and analyze side of the equation. It's really powerful in that domain, but if you want to use it you should simply be aware of that.