Reviews (1-25 of 37)
- Fast, large updates and deletes.
- Simple Upsert logic.
- Very nice integrated help, including video.
- Easy to install, well documented, and easy to use.
- Support was excellent under Pragmatic Works. I cannot attest to Sentry One.
- We had one case of an upgrade that would not work with existing code. They did release a next version very quickly.
I bought Task Factory for the Upsert, Bulk update, and Bulk delete tools. It was WELL worth it to not have to develop bulk loading techniques ourselves.
I never got the chance to use the nuggets tool for generic code patterning.
- Our first use case was integrating with our Partners' Secure FTP Sites. Task Factory did this seamlessly.
- Our second use case involved Excel. We have multiple groups that use Excel to monitor their processes, and using the Excel refresh task made this very quick and simple.
- Our third use case was for SMTP. The basic SMTP did not give us enough control out of the box that we needed. We send out E-mails on behalf of our partners using their SMTP servers, so being able to change those connections effortlessly using this task was a huge time saver.
- Not sure. I have not run into an instance where their transform didn't provide what I needed more easily than other solutions.
- The Slowly Changing Dimension Component saves us a huge amount if time compared to the native SSIS component.
- JSON Transform is really useful to convert record and send it to rest API.
- The advanced derived columns allow us to use really cool functions that are not available in the regular transforms.
- We were disappointed that the Marketto Connector has been retired from the components.
- We had a problem integrating Task Factory with LegiTest (license problem). It took a lot of time for Sentry to find and fix this problem
Specifically, we can use it to download a zip file and decompress it and later use TF Upsert to update or insert zip code data into tables.
- One-click Auditing Feature. Simply push a button, and all of your SSIS packages now have detailed auditing built-in, including the ability to watch it in real-time.
- Wide variety of connections. If you need to connect to a common data source, Task factory will have what you need. No need to roll your own anymore.
- The Upsert Component. Task Factory has a simple and FAST way to do an insert or update with new row data. It just works and works well.
- SCD component could be a little more intuitive.
- The help documents could be more detailed and current with what is actually released.
Business problem: Your team can keep using SSIS and tackle data problems they could not resolve before (read from different sources without any code and do data upsert in one component).
- When the capabilities of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) are not enough for you.
- When you want to extract data from web sources without writing some code.
- If you have separate servers for all your environments (that will cost you more money).
- If your team does not know SSIS enough (the tool can be difficult to debug).
- The SFTP task is particularly helpful with proxy capabilities and setup with environment variables.
- The RestAPI task is something new that we have found helpful now.
- The latest UpSert task has also been a great addition.
- I thought it needed to improve the UpSert task to include delete capabilities but was informed it is present. Just might be useful to be more apparent to an infrequent user.
Rather than programme your own connectors, the Task Factory connectors will make it simple and easy to download and parse data from JSON/XML into a database or table.
Task Factory is less suited for custom/very secure API connections especially if they require hashing the connection string each time.
- Task Factory does a pretty good job in terms of connecting to any 3rd-party website/Web API/CRM and downloading/uploading files into them without using any program code.
- Task Factory makes it easier to encrypt/decrypt incoming/outgoing files.
- I believe they should improve the "address parser" feature where it simply parses the incoming address but didn't check/verify whether the incoming address is valid (or) checks whether the address has USPS address standard format.
Task Factory is less effective in a SharePoint connection feature task where they don't have a variable option to overwrite the existing file in SharePoint site.
- Tasks are more automated than having to create them by hand.
- Support is great either in forum settings or direct contact with support.
- Maybe ensuring that all assemblies are deleted when having to install Task Factory on the server.
- Good SSIS integration with other packages and processes.
- Easy to configure 3rd party account logins, credentials, etc.
- Intuitive interfaces.
- The user-experience could be a little more intuitive. Struggled a bit to put all the pieces together the right way in order to get the data processed the way I needed.
- The task to call another package in a different solution
- Advanced lookup and other tasks
- Improvement can be achieved when new releases are tested better. We had a few times that our ETL stopped when implementing a new release.
Although this was the main reason for the purchase, there are so many other components we use in SSIS like the termination task, the Sharepoint task, and the email task. Some of these tasks seem like "no brainers" that should be in SSIS by default!
- Job management
- Data Connectors
- Easy to Use
- It is hard to justify keeping a license when your platforms are adding the same functionality that Task Factory provides. This must keep ahead of software providers to justify the use.
- Upsert - simplifies coding.
- Facilitates an odbc connection to the Sales Force world without the complication of using APIs.
- Various other utilities to simplify ETL development.
- We have run into compatibility issues or low level problems between SQL server and Task Factory. Working with both SentryOne and Microsoft, they both ended up blaming each other and not offering a fix.
Because of bugs/complications with data type conversions (eg. Decimal to Numeric), care must be taken when converting numeric types.
- Advanced Email task makes it easier for an end-user to configure.
- Fact Load task makes the data flow much easier to manage than the OOTB lookup function in SSIS.
- Dimension Load task makes it easier to track multiple dimension types when loading into the DB.
- Would really like to see an SSRS generate PDF output with parameter input.
- Load improvement for larger datasets in the Upsert function.
- Consistency with expressions for every task.
An example of this is when we were going to have to switch our data pulls from XML to SOAP/REST. Once we learned that there was a REST process within Task Factory and we were able to learn how to apply it, we saved a ton of time and increased productivity 5x what we would have had to do without it.
Not so good to keep things updated.
Task Factory Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Task Factory?
Task Factory Screenshots
Task Factory Videos (7)
Task Factory Integrations
Task Factory Competitors
Task Factory Pricing
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Task Factory||1,245 (annual subscription license)||per server|
|Task Factory Azure Data Factory||1,495 (annual subscription license)||per ADF node|
|Task Factory Modules||$425-$795 (annual subscription license)||per server|
Task Factory Standard and Pro editions are licensed per server instance, with the exception of clustered servers. Each cluster within a cluster group must have a Task Factory license. Task Factory Azure Data Factory edition is licensed per Azure Data Factory node. A Task Factory license is not required to use Task Factory when developing and running packages in Visual Studio/SSDT. However, a Task Factory license is required to use Task Factory for packages run outside of Visual Studio/SSDT. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Task Factory Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||25%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||75%|
Task Factory Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Task Factory Technical Details