Reviews (1-5 of 5)
November 30, 2018
We recently purchased 10 licenses to test out TaskRay as a project management solution for our customer facing teams, e.g sales, account management, support. We really like how TaskRay integrates with Salesforce so it doesn't feel like "another project management tool". Several different PM solutions are used throughout the organization, and we know adoption will be difficult, hence why we are testing with a small number of licenses before buying 100+.
- TaskRay allows us to organize individual tasks across multiple accounts.
- TaskRay will send a notification email listing out overdue tasks and tasks due today, this week, or later. This really helps to make sure no account falls through the cracks. We can also determine the frequency of notification emails. If one sales rep wants a notification every morning and another sales rep doesn't want to be bothered at all, we can control this.
- We can create templates in TaskRay such as questionnaires that are used for every customer.
- Unfortunately TaskRay does not allow us to share templates externally with customers.
- We have employees all over the world and we don't think TaskRay will support other languages such as Japanese. Note, I am speaking with a sales rep next week to confirm this, so we may be incorrect.
Read Leah Sevey's full review
Because TaskRay is integrated with Salesforce, we can automatically pull account information needed for a template. We love that we don't have to log into another software solution and everything is in one place. There is a mobile app and we can share tasks with reps who don't have a license as read-only. Our organization utilizes a lot of templates and forms and it would be nice if we could share these externally with customers instead of using something like Google Docs.
January 31, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
TaskRay is a great option for companies looking to add structure and process to their client onboarding process. Before TaskRay we were using all kinds of siloed spreadsheets and forms for our client onboarding. Since using TaskRay, we have added visibility to the entire process for both our company and the client.
- Onboarding Templates
- Scheduling Onboarding tasks and assignments to client and employees
- Creating project logs so that everyone knows what is being worked on
- The setup proved to be a little more difficult than expected
- I'd love to see an easier to use project management tool within the system
Read this authenticated review
TaskRay is well suited for any company looking to add structure and efficiency to their client onboarding system.
September 19, 2016
TaskRay was used as our project management tool to manage development efforts through each stage of the process. The project management [team] would develop the task list. Each task was represented by a tile on the Kanban board. We could associate the tasks to sprints, set estimates on work, and assign to developers. As development completed tasks, it would move into a QA stage for verification. Another team would pick up on the tasks, verify functionality, and move into staging. From there all tasks would go through change management before moving to production. The Kanban board gave management a great tool to view progress and identify blockers in the development life cycle.
- Kanban Board View for moving tasks from stage to stage. Easy to see where work is. Each team has visibility as to what is coming down the pipeline.
- Great time keeping capabilities with its integration with Salesforce. Know exactly where your staff is spending their time with each project, across all the various tasks being worked.
- Quickly identify Blockers with shading tasks. Staff would identify these blockers with a quick check mark inside the task details and Project Management would know to step in to assist. Great feature when working through Sprints.
- Easy to schedule repeatable tasks for each day or week. If you have recurring Sprint Meetings, you can setup the task to recreate itself after it has been closed during its next scheduled interval.
- During my use, I would at times get responsive issues in regards to tasks opening, editing task details, or moving from stage to stage. This didn't occur for quite some time until we started loading the system with extensive projects and hundreds of tasks to each project. While unfortunate to run into these performance issues, many applications run into similar issues when working many simultaneous tickets at the same time.
- Customization to the task layouts is a bit cumbersome.
- If you are running a lot of stages, 8 - 12, moving tasks from one side of the board to the other can take a little bit of work. At the time there were no quick close capabilities on the tasks to redirect the task to its final stage.
Read Rich Beliveau's full review
TaskRay is a great solution for small to medium sized businesses running multiple projects at the same time. It is very cost effective and their development team is actively adding new functionality regularly. If you prefer working from a tiled Kanban board view, this is highly worth evaluating.
February 29, 2016
Score 10 out of 10
We use it across 3 departments to track and organize projects. The primary use is with our implementations department in implementing new customers.
- Visual appeal - using an application that looks good is an often overlooked thing that is actually important. Some things are simply off-putting to look at and if you have to use it for hours at a time it's a drag. TaskRay looks really good and makes sense.
- UI - This is sort of related to visual appeal but this is more about the user's experience. This application is incredibly intuitive and simple to use but has the depth that we need as well.
- Support and Training - TaskRay's online resources are so good that we've only had to contact them once or twice with a question.
- We would like to be able to sort tasks by task name.
Read Micah Jones's full review
It is well suited for tracking projects that require multiple human resources. It's not the best for tracking personal todos in my opinion.
July 30, 2015
Taskray was purchased as a project management solution for our Client Services team. We set up a trial subscription for a year for a small number of users. Our growing company is looking for solutions to standardize how we support our clients as they use our products. Our management team is also looking for a better way to gain insight into the progress made by their teams.
- Customer Service - TaskRay customer service representatives are consistently responsive, insightful and professional
- Salesforce Integration - TaskRay is based in Salesforce, and is easy to install and customize, if you already know Salesforce
- Easy to Use - With a quick start walk through for any first time users, TaskRay quickly educates employees on the core functions.
- Reporting - It was difficult for us to incorporate all the data points we wanted into a single high level report for our management team.
Read Hilary Mohs's full review
TaskRay is great for any company that is already using (and will stick with) Salesforce. It would be best for smaller companies, since it did not have the ability to use official "Templates" but has you copy and paste standard tasks into something that is quite similar. Overall, most users appreciated its ease of use, since most of the items are either taken from familiar Salesforce fields, or simple click and drag cards. The customer service team was wonderful. If you are looking for a well managed, enthusiastic partner for a project management solution, I would not hesitate to recommend TaskRay.
TaskRay Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
TaskRay is a project management platform for managing project within Salesforce. It enables work to be planned quickly and efficiently, across geographically distributed teams. It supports collaboration using Chatter groups, and file sharing.
Categories: Project Management
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No