- Works seamlessly with Amazon and Etsy to calculate state sales tax owed
- State sales tax reports are easy to read and understand
- Allows recording of filing history
- Users can edit and manage of individual states
- Many states have different requirements: I wish each state account had more options for notes and other ways to document what is going on with each state. For instance, to be able to track the online account login information, add notes about communication with the state, fees outside of sales tax that have been paid or due, etc.
- I'd love to take advantage of the AutoFile but at $25 per state, and having to file in 31 states , 14 of which I have to file monthly, AutoFile just isn't economical.
- This is really picky but: previous period sales tax is always paid in the next period. However, the default when you look at any report or when you go to record the filing history is the current period. The default should always be the most recent period, since that's the period you're looking at 95% of the time.
- Ecommerce tax calculation
- Tax reporting
- Tax report preparation and filing
- Could use some additional integration options with major software providers
- Additional rules for specialized product types would be helpful
- Different systems can sometimes integrate and round differently causing issues with reconciliation
- TaxJar automates filing with multiple states Sales Tax Agencies
- TaxJar keeps track of which of my transactions require collection of sales tax.
- TaxJar spends the time keeping up with the rapidly changing legal status of collecting sales tax for online transactions.
- TaxJar will need to improve its functionality as the sales tax law changes from 2018 take effect.
- TaxJar needs to improve its pricing to allow for collecting sales tax and remitting into multiple states.
- TaxJar will need to bring on my customer service reps to keep up with its growth.
- This was the easiest plug-in that our IT has integrated with our Magento Website. I love that it can collect and auto-file in every state. Customer support always answers our questions quickly and accurately. The interface is user-friendly.
- TaxJar is a fully featured taxation product for our e-commerce business. I'm amazed that something so fully featured is available at such a low price. It integrates with our e-commerce plugin WooCommerce.
- Best support to handle sales taxes with omni channel business. Our omni channel sale tax collection is on autopilot. It integrates flawlessly with amazon and Shopify and we haven't had any issue at all. TaxJar just does the job.
- The updates this year have solved any lacking areas we saw when we first started using Tax Jar. There are a couple of times Tax Jar has charged tax when it should have not, but the percent this has happened is less than 0.001% and the number of transactions we have seen this on has decreased each month.
- The service at the low price point is very poor. It feels like they do this intentionally to get you to upgrade.
- It is difficult to navigate when you don't know much about taxes. Specifically when I try to autofile and don't owe any taxes, I have to create mock files. This is almost impossible to figure out on the platform without customer support being involved to explain.
TaxJar Scorecard Summary
According to the vendor, capabilities include:
Accurate, Detailed Sales Tax Reports: TaxJar’s local jurisdiction reports show sales and sales tax collected not only for each state, but for local jurisdiction (counties, cities, special jurisdictions, etc). Users can also sort data by any date range.
Estimated Sales Tax Reports: Users can see a comparison of what they actually collected versus what they should have collected.
One-Click Automated Filing: TaxJar will automatically file sales tax returns directly to the states. Available in 23 states with more to come.
Up-to-Date Collection Data: A dashboard shows how much has been collected in sales tax for any state, and when the next payment is due. Data is updated automatically, every day.
Support for Multiple Channels: Connect to platforms like eBay and Amazon.
Simple Pricing: No setup fees. No contracts. Users pay one simple monthly fee based on volume of transactions.
|Basic||$19||Up to 1,000 transactions / month|
|Plus||$49||Up to 5,000 transactions / month|
|Premier||$99||Up to 10,000 transactions / month|
|Enterprise I||$199||Up to 50,000 transactions / month|
|Enterprise II||$499||Up to 200,000 transactions / month|
|Enterprise III||$999||Up to 500,000 transactions / month|
30 day free trial. No obligation, no activation fees. Upgrade, downgrade or cancel anytime. Transactions are equal to -Orders imported into TaxJar with one or more line items -SmartCalcs API pushed sales tax calculation If you go over your transaction limit during a single month, we will charge you the difference between the plan you’re on and the next highest plan. The next month you’ll start back on the original plan that you subscribed to, and the process will repeat itself again. This is all done automatically. Your plan will never be interrupted and you will not have to speak with a salesperson.
TaxJar Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
TaxJar Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||United States, Canada, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom|