https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Yu/NR/ST4FD35WRW5P.PNGTaxJar saves you from the headache of calculating state sales taxMy company sells natural health and beauty items online via Etsy and Amazon. We use TaxJar to calculate state sales tax and manage state sales tax filings.,Works seamlessly with Amazon and Etsy to calculate state sales tax owed State sales tax reports are easy to read and understand Allows recording of filing history Users can edit and manage of individual states,Many states have different requirements: I wish each state account had more options for notes and other ways to document what is going on with each state. For instance, to be able to track the online account login information, add notes about communication with the state, fees outside of sales tax that have been paid or due, etc. I'd love to take advantage of the AutoFile but at $25 per state, and having to file in 31 states , 14 of which I have to file monthly, AutoFile just isn't economical. This is really picky but: previous period sales tax is always paid in the next period. However, the default when you look at any report or when you go to record the filing history is the current period. The default should always be the most recent period, since that's the period you're looking at 95% of the time.,8,It saves time in calculating sales tax for me. It's helped me keep my filing history organized. It's helped me keep track of when sales tax are due in each state.,,Google Ads (formerly AdWords), Basecamp, WordPressTaxJar Tax Calulation for EcommerceTaxJar has simplified tax calculations across multiple jurisdictions and in multiple platforms for a fraction of the cost of some of the competitors. We have it fully integrated with our eCommerce and ERP solutions to provide consistent tax calculation and reporting on all transactions. Overall it has been a lifesaver and with the evolution of tax laws we are depending on TaxJar to help us scale in the coming year.,Ecommerce tax calculation Tax reporting Tax report preparation and filing,Could use some additional integration options with major software providers Additional rules for specialized product types would be helpful Different systems can sometimes integrate and round differently causing issues with reconciliation,10,TaxJar has saved us more than 25 hours per month in our accounting department preparing state tax returns. The cost of TaxJar is less than 1/10th our previous solution and it actually works better. Plus we don't have to worry about huge overage charges based on query volume. Integrating a new state or jurisdiction into TaxJar is simple and the calculations are accurate.,Avalara,Magento, CloudFlare, Zopim by ZendeskTaxJar Keeps Small Businesses Sales Tax Compliant and Saves Time & MoneyMy entire company is using TaxJar for our e-commerce sales via both eBay and Amazon channels. TaxJar has simplified record keeping and saves us multiple hours per month while allowing us to keep up with the rapidly changing legal status of Online Sales Tax Collection. I feel confident that my company remains compliant.,TaxJar automates filing with multiple states Sales Tax Agencies TaxJar keeps track of which of my transactions require collection of sales tax. TaxJar spends the time keeping up with the rapidly changing legal status of collecting sales tax for online transactions.,TaxJar will need to improve its functionality as the sales tax law changes from 2018 take effect. TaxJar needs to improve its pricing to allow for collecting sales tax and remitting into multiple states. TaxJar will need to bring on my customer service reps to keep up with its growth.,10,TaxJar has improved my ability to automate and save time. TaxJar has allowed me to spend more time on income producing activities in my business. TaxJar has saved me money on tax collection services.,Avalara,Camtasia, Skype, ZoomTaxJar!Pros: The best thing about TaxJar is the ability to connect it to my Amazon store and it monitors all of the sales tax that needs to be submitted and filed. I also use the added service of letting TaxJar actually submit my tax return. Saves me time and frees me to do things that will help me grow my business. Cons: I rarely even visit my TaxJar account because it is automated and there's really nothing for me to do. I do check in once in a while to make sure it's tracking everything correctly. There is no real con for me so far.,This was the easiest plug-in that our IT has integrated with our Magento Website. I love that it can collect and auto-file in every state. Customer support always answers our questions quickly and accurately. The interface is user-friendly. TaxJar is a fully featured taxation product for our e-commerce business. I'm amazed that something so fully featured is available at such a low price. It integrates with our e-commerce plugin WooCommerce. Best support to handle sales taxes with omni channel business. Our omni channel sale tax collection is on autopilot. It integrates flawlessly with amazon and Shopify and we haven't had any issue at all. TaxJar just does the job.,The updates this year have solved any lacking areas we saw when we first started using Tax Jar. There are a couple of times Tax Jar has charged tax when it should have not, but the percent this has happened is less than 0.001% and the number of transactions we have seen this on has decreased each month. The service at the low price point is very poor. It feels like they do this intentionally to get you to upgrade. It is difficult to navigate when you don't know much about taxes. Specifically when I try to autofile and don't owe any taxes, I have to create mock files. This is almost impossible to figure out on the platform without customer support being involved to explain.,10,First of all, it is super easy to enroll and use. It automatically transfers the sales tax information from my amazon.com seller central and put them on my account of TaxJar. It is easy to understand and they not only display my state's sales tax but other states too. Second, it offers a lot of sales tax related articles and videos that you could read or watch and learn from. I like the video that tells me how to file and remit taxes and it is so easy. It saves tens of hours. I can't imagine filing it without TaxJar and what a headache it might be. Third, the software and its site is beautifully designed and very user-friendly. They are good at it and I see this company will be more successful in future as we are having a new sales tax wave.
TaxJar

TaxJar Reviews

TaxJar
Filter 5 vetted TaxJar reviews and ratings
Jessica Meadows Rich profile photo
November 14, 2018

Review: "TaxJar saves you from the headache of calculating state sales tax"

• Works seamlessly with Amazon and Etsy to calculate state sales tax owed
  • State sales tax reports are easy to read and understand
  • Allows recording of filing history
  • Users can edit and manage of individual states
  • Many states have different requirements: I wish each state account had more options for notes and other ways to document what is going on with each state. For instance, to be able to track the online account login information, add notes about communication with the state, fees outside of sales tax that have been paid or due, etc.
  • I'd love to take advantage of the AutoFile but at $25 per state, and having to file in 31 states , 14 of which I have to file monthly, AutoFile just isn't economical.
  • This is really picky but: previous period sales tax is always paid in the next period. However, the default when you look at any report or when you go to record the filing history is the current period. The default should always be the most recent period, since that's the period you're looking at 95% of the time.
If you aren't a tax professional, this is a must. Trying to manually calculate which county/city/state sales tax is owed will break your brain. Actually, even if you were a tax professional, why would you want to manually do it when you could just have a tool like this to calculate it for you. I wish it was also affordable to have it file for you and there are some crunchy bits, but its pros definitely outweigh the cons.
Read Jessica Meadows Rich's full review
Jeff McRitchie profile photo
September 19, 2018

User Review: "TaxJar Tax Calulation for Ecommerce"

• Ecommerce tax calculation
  • Tax reporting
  • Tax report preparation and filing
  • Could use some additional integration options with major software providers
  • Additional rules for specialized product types would be helpful
  • Different systems can sometimes integrate and round differently causing issues with reconciliation
TaxJar works great for API eCommerce tax calculations both at checkout and for estimating. It also works great integrated with an ERP to ensure that the right tax is being charged based on a geolocated address match. As long as a robust integration has already been built for your software this option is excellent. If you have to build it yourself the time/value will not be quite as clear.
Read Jeff McRitchie's full review
Kathy Simpson profile photo
September 24, 2018

Review: "TaxJar Keeps Small Businesses Sales Tax Compliant and Saves Time & Money"

• TaxJar automates filing with multiple states Sales Tax Agencies
  • TaxJar keeps track of which of my transactions require collection of sales tax.
  • TaxJar spends the time keeping up with the rapidly changing legal status of collecting sales tax for online transactions.
  • TaxJar will need to improve its functionality as the sales tax law changes from 2018 take effect.
  • TaxJar needs to improve its pricing to allow for collecting sales tax and remitting into multiple states.
  • TaxJar will need to bring on my customer service reps to keep up with its growth.
All or most of small to mid-size e-Commerce business owners should be utilizing TaxJar. Its automation and reports are the only way to help our businesses remain compliant as the laws are constantly changing. Specifically, with the big change in 2018 most of us will not be able to remain in business and compliant without an automated system.
Read Kathy Simpson's full review
December 09, 2018

User Review: "TaxJar!"

• This was the easiest plug-in that our IT has integrated with our Magento Website. I love that it can collect and auto-file in every state. Customer support always answers our questions quickly and accurately. The interface is user-friendly.
  • TaxJar is a fully featured taxation product for our e-commerce business. I'm amazed that something so fully featured is available at such a low price. It integrates with our e-commerce plugin WooCommerce.
  • Best support to handle sales taxes with omni channel business. Our omni channel sale tax collection is on autopilot. It integrates flawlessly with amazon and Shopify and we haven't had any issue at all. TaxJar just does the job.
  • The updates this year have solved any lacking areas we saw when we first started using Tax Jar. There are a couple of times Tax Jar has charged tax when it should have not, but the percent this has happened is less than 0.001% and the number of transactions we have seen this on has decreased each month.
  • The service at the low price point is very poor. It feels like they do this intentionally to get you to upgrade.
  • It is difficult to navigate when you don't know much about taxes. Specifically when I try to autofile and don't owe any taxes, I have to create mock files. This is almost impossible to figure out on the platform without customer support being involved to explain.
TaxJar helps me take 10,000 orders and pulls information like zip codes so that I can figure out exactly how much tax is owed in each individual municipality. It centralizes policy, and knows if I have a nexus in each state and how much I owe in each locality. It knows things like if shipping and gift wrapping are taxable in states. I can't imagine running my small business without it.

TaxJar Scorecard Summary

About TaxJar

TaxJar offers automated sales tax reporting and filing.

According to the vendor, capabilities include:

Accurate, Detailed Sales Tax Reports:
TaxJar’s local jurisdiction reports show sales and sales tax collected not only for each state, but for local jurisdiction (counties, cities, special jurisdictions, etc). Users can also sort data by any date range.

Estimated Sales Tax Reports: Users can see a comparison of what they actually collected versus what they should have collected.

One-Click Automated Filing: TaxJar will automatically file sales tax returns directly to the states. Available in 23 states with more to come.

Up-to-Date Collection Data: A dashboard shows how much has been collected in sales tax for any state, and when the next payment is due. Data is updated automatically, every day.

Support for Multiple Channels: Connect to platforms like eBay and Amazon.

Simple Pricing: No setup fees. No contracts. Users pay one simple monthly fee based on volume of transactions.