TeamGantt Reviews

Kurt Martin | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 24, 2020

TeamGantt offers a great web-based alternative to MS Project, good for Mac users.

We use TeamGantt in the IT department only. Since we exclusively work on Mac computers, it is the best option we could find since MS Project does not work on Mac. It is also great when sharing with others outside the department or even with vendors/partners outside the organization. It is easy-to-use, especially being a web-based tool - as you can imagine, having an intuitive UI/UX for Gantt charts on the web is no small feat.
  • Adding project tasks/milestones.
  • Adding/associating task/milestone dependencies.
  • Task assignment matrix is a bit clunky. It's a bit difficult to see distribution of work for each assignee, but not impossible.
TeamGantt is well-suite for organizations that use Mac computers. For non-Mac users, since TeamGantt is completely web-based, it is much better to share projects throughout the organization and for those outside the museum. If you use MS Project for Gantt charts/project timelines exclusively, then TeamGantt is a great, low-cost replacement for MS Project.
Read Kurt Martin's full review
Patrick Stephens | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 17, 2020

TeamGantt made it easy to be transparent

While I use this program with my current place of employment, I also use it with freelance work I do outside of the primary. This program is great for not just managing your team, but yourself. It operates with two modes (in my opinion) in tacking problems that help people understand what is going on. The first is that it is visual. Not all people respond to just bullet points or text; they respond better when seeing a visual representation of time/needs. The second is that it helped me to manage myself. The biggest problem I had was communicating with people - and meeting my own standards - within the scope of a project. This was the perfect communication method for it.
  • Visual representations - Appeals to both visual learners and non.
  • Permissions and assigning tasks - Only hands in the pots are the ones you want!
  • Accessibility - We like to pretend this isn't a factor when technology comes in to play, but I did have issues with some rather stubborn individuals who wanted to continue using post-its. While TeamGANTT made it easy for them to learn, it did require a modicum of knowledge to fully accept the program.
  • Didn't feel as though some of the PM options were applicable to me, and also that some didn't quite match what I needed.
When you need to manage a project - especially if using distance employees - then this program is perfect for you. It will not only help you manage them but allow you to collaborate with them. Users can make notations while you assign tasks, remaining part of their involvement while also standing separately so they can work. If you have individuals who do not care about time tracking or transparency, then don't use the program. However, if you have willing participants who see the value in transparency, then this program is not only easy to get in to, but accessible enough so that it doesn't feel like "just another thing to do".
Read Patrick Stephens's full review
September 16, 2019

TeamGantt makes creating Gantt charts quick and easy

We use TeamGantt across our entire organization. As our team's internal project manager, I create a new Gantt chart any time we sign a new project. Our company's bread-and-butter is building websites, so TeamGantt allows me to efficiently create a Gantt chart to lay out the project plan in a way that is easy for our team and our clients to understand.
  • Creating a Gantt chart is very simple and takes significantly less time than creating one manually.
  • TeamGantt gives you the ability to create and save templates so that, if your team has projects that follow the same basic plan, you can create a new Gantt chart very quickly using your custom templates.
  • TeamGantt has a report function that makes it easy to see at-a-glance which projects are behind, which are on time and which are ahead of schedule.
  • I wish TeamGantt had the ability to easily track different iterations of the Gantt chart over time. For example, a lot of our project plans need to be updated due to delays as we progress. Currently, if you want to compare past versions of the Gantt chart for a particular project, you either have to create multiple Gantt charts for the same project within the app or export each one as a PDF and store them somewhere so that you can go back when needed.
  • I wish TeamGantt integrated with more third-party apps. For example, we use ClickUp for task management and it'd be nice if we could integrate the two.
  • The sharing function is not ideal. Whenever we need to share a Gantt chart with a client, we have to export it as a pdf and email it to them.
TeamGantt is extremely simple to use, so onboarding new users is quick and easy. Creating new Gantt charts is very efficient, especially given the ability to create custom templates. If what you're looking for is an app that allows you to create Gantt charts, there really isn't a scenario I can think of where TeamGantt would not be appropriate.
Daniel Montemayor | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 28, 2019

Very nice experience

I use TeamGantt to map out my research objectives. My employer does not currently employ TeamGantt department wide. TeamGantt solves the problem of planning complex projects and helps keep these projects on track.
  • TeamGantt has an intuitive interface that is easy to learn.
  • I appreciate the ability to track how much time is spent on each task.
  • TeamGantt will regular email you a list of your upcoming tasks to help keep you on track.
  • Would love to have more of the functionality provided at the paid tier offered on the free version - who wouldn't though.
TeamGantt is well suited for managing complex projects and assigning tasks to individual team members with clear ways to visualize each members's work load and work efficiency.
Read Daniel Montemayor's full review
Chris Lesner | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 18, 2018

We Like TeamGantt for our Marketing Company

If you are like me, you probably run a company that needs to keep track of a lot of tasks at once. The problem is, most project management systems don't allow you to track what happens if a project is late. We often will plan out 3 months ahead of time, but then immediately when something gets delayed, everything else is delayed as well. TeamGantt helps us show a Gantt chart (what we call our waterfall) to know the immediate effects of projects being late.
  • Good looking Gantt charts help make it easy to know what's going on.
  • Organizes priorities. People have no question of what they should be working on and also have clarity around what others are doing.
  • Shows the effects of what happens when things are running late visually and typically allows us to make up the slack faster.
  • No integration. We wish it could integrate with our project management system to make things faster.
  • Hard to add multiple dependencies.
  • Could have better views/reporting.
It's great if you want to plan out months in advance, as you can literally see and plan how many days something will take and what order things need to be done in. However, you can't easily add client gaps in between that would show the reality of reviews, etc. without messing up your other data.
Read Chris Lesner's full review
April 06, 2019

GREAT Project Management Tool

TeamGantt is being used as a project management tool within our company. The tools are used by all departments. However, the main users are the individuals in supervising, management, and/or other leadership type roles. The software helps us track strategy progress in an organized and illustrative way. The tool does a great job of cutting down on the time it takes to track strategies (at one point, we used Excel).
  • TeamGantt displays different initiatives in an extremely aesthetically pleasing manner.
  • Assume Project X is dependent upon the completion of Project Y. TeamGantt has a way of illustrating this relationship in a (once again) appealing way.
  • The interface is very easy to use. Without watching/reading their training videos/documents, I was able to grasp the basics very quickly.
  • The ability to alert teammates to updates (@teammate_x) comes in handy.
  • As far as I am concerned, the software does not have the ability to sync with document repositories (Google Drive, Dropbox, MS Office, etc.). This ability could be very powerful.
  • This is one of the first reviews I have ever completed where I am struggling to come up with product-related suggestions.
TeamGantt is well suited for any company that is currently tracking the progress of strategies/projects via Excel (or any other manual method). The software would probably be considered overkill for very small companies. At smaller companies, they would certainly benefit from implementing the tool. However, the benefits would struggle to outweigh the cost of the program.
July 26, 2017

TeamGantt Review

TeamGantt is being used by my organization to create, update, and monitor project schedules. It is mainly used by the digital team in project management. It addresses the business problem of keeping things orderly and on a schedule. It can be printed out in order to reference to make sure that items are being completed on time.
  • Allows you to put a percentage complete in the chart to easily monitor progress.
  • Allows you to assign different people in order to keep things organized.
  • Allows you to view the schedule either in list view or Gantt view for variety.
  • Adding milestones into the schedule is difficult.
  • Moving things around is difficult because of dependencies that you may have set up.
  • It is sometimes difficult to visualize the big picture because you have to scroll very far to the right in order to see the whole schedule.
TeamGantt is well suited for project managers who want an easy way to visualize and keep track of schedules. It is easy to move things around once the schedule has been created, but dependencies are sometimes messed up because of this. I like how the bars change color when a task has been completed.

Task Management (7)
Resource Management (7)
Gantt Charts (7)
9.6
Scheduling (7)
Workflow Automation (4)
Team Collaboration (7)
Support for Agile Methodology (3)
Support for Waterfall Methodology (4)
Document Management (4)
Email integration (4)
Mobile Access (4)
Timesheet Tracking (2)
Change request and Case Management (2)
6.0
Budget and Expense Management (1)
Quotes/estimates (1)
Invoicing (1)
Project & financial reporting (3)

About TeamGantt

TeamGantt is a project management solution built to provide users with gantt chart software through online deployment.