Reviews (1-25 of 55)
It serves as a hub for our client accounts as well, where we input client contact information, monthly reports, call notes, attachments sent over from the client. If you look in any of our Teamwork Projects for a client, you're able to see a full timeline of history and hard work which comes in handy if you need to go back to an older client account or need to justify anything with proof!
- Project Features - Milestones, messages, time tracking, billing options, user options, notebooks, useful links, task lists, etc. - Teamwork has many features you can turn on or off for a project to customize it for easy use
- Task Editing - Change the dates, recurring times, adding in dependents, etc. is all very easy when using Teamwork Projects
- Customizability - From changing the colors to changing what's available on each project, Teamwork gives you the options to make projects very minimal or very complex.
- Customizability can be overwhelming at first - If you're a new Teamwork Projects user, there is a bit of a learning curve to discover where everything is and how to customize your projects for best usage.
If you need advanced features, like KANBAN boards, GANTT charts, time tracking, billing, etc. in your project management tool, Teamwork is a great option.
I'm personally not sure how it would scale to larger companies where you would need to manage many schedules, just because I haven't experienced using Teamwork at such a scale.
- governance and user access control for partners like vendors and contractors
- flexible views using task lists, gant charts and kanban boards
- integration with file management systems of record (Box, Drive, Sharepoint, OneDrive)
- project portfolios for roll-ups of multiple projects
- real-time synchronization between devices (phone to desktop to laptop)
- integrations via Zapier
- integration with Microsoft Teams
- Gantt chart view is a little tricky to work with
- customer success managers could be a bit more proactive
- Timelines: are generated automatically since you have created the project, its activities, deadlines, etc. Is really helpful and easy to adjust.
- Notifications system: very flexible and complete. It is possible to set key activities and follow them to receive automated notifications about their changes. It is also very flexible to set permissions per project.
- Easy-to-use: it simply fits perfectly for us. Very easy-to-use and flexible. It can be used by small or big companies. It is intuitive and complete at the same time.
- We miss the feature to set a calendar of business days and holidays to make it easier the definition of timelines.
- The feature to define dates/deadlines per activity is a bit confusing. We believe it could be improved altough it has a low impact in terms of productivity.
- We believe the solution could improve in the future the functionality to manage the workload of each human resource (for planning). It is actually a bit superficial and we understand there is space for improvement in this area.
- Very good design.
- Makes project management more smooth.
- Keeping people on the same page.
- I think price-wise it is toward the upper level of project management.
- Nothing else comes to mind. It is a great solution.
- Time tracking is exceptional, especially the reporting functionality of it. Being able to mark time as billable vs. non-billable is a huge plus for ad-hoc work.
- Assigning tasks to multiple users and attaching followers to specific tasks keeps everyone informed who needs to be. It's nice to have a choice between email and mobile notifications.
- The commenting feature is one we use a lot, and it's great that you can attach files and @ mention specific users inside of comments on tasks and subtasks.
- We don't really use the dashboards, so maybe if they were pushed harder by the platform and we saw value in them, we would.
- It would be nice to have the ability to do more formatting of text in tasks and subtasks without having the lookup markdown language.
- We don't use milestones and are unsure of how that feature could really help.
- Teamwork templates are a wonderful feature to allow you to set up a process and then repeat as often as needed in future projects.
- The ability to be flexible using standard tasks lists of board views (like Kanban boards) is extremely helpful for my team.
- Using the option to estimate time to completion is also helpful to manage costs.
- While there is some reporting available, they are working on improving in this area.
- Capacity management tools are also something that needs some work and they are actively developing in this area as well.
- User-friendly interface.
- Easy to pass tasks on to the next person.
- Integrates easily with other software.
- Time tracking is convenient.
- The overall look could be improved.
- More features could be added.
- The card-based board could be improved.
- Time Tracking
- Tasks and Sub Tasks
- Integration with other critical apps like Desk, Chat, etc.
- Their support team is very quick and addresses issues immediately.
- I wish that the pages would refresh faster
- I wish that the mobile apps were better designed.
- Great file management -- integrates with Google Drive.
- Great calendar management.
- Perfect task and calendar reliances. When you update one date or task, the others change in relation.
- Looking forward to understanding more about the CRM.
- I have not used the integrations from my proposal software, but that might be one area that we can improve.
- Would like to see a way to turn off some features that we don't use.
- Ability to see time log from our profile.
- Project management logs and dashboards.
- Scheduling meetings.
- Too many advertisements.
- Loading times are too long sometimes.
- It takes a while to learn how to use the software.
We use this platform to not only manage our own tasks and responsibilities, but to assign roles to clients we're working with in order to keep deliverables on track and communicate project updates.
- Being able to attach milestones to tasks is a huge plus. It's helpful to have all of the individual tasks and subtasks, but to have overall project milestones to look at as a project roadmap.
- Having subtasks is great! We've used several other platforms before Teamwork and none of them allowed for subtasks or the ability to assign a single task to multiple people.
- Sending client updates is very easy as the messaging feature works just like email. It's nice because the client's don't have to jump out of their daily routine to learn a whole new project management platform—they can simply respond right from their email, so it's very friendly.
- While the tagging functionality is nice, it can get a little messy. Part of this might be dependent on the internal processes put in place, but having the ability to add any kind of tag you want can create confusion.
- The Kanban view can be confusing if projects or tasks haven't been marked as "in progress" and it can look like you don't have any tasks, when really, there's a large task list in the list view that just hasn't been categorized. Overall, it's easy to miss important tasks in the Kanban view.
- It's very easy to miss tasks if someone doesn't know to check the "Email" box.
Using this as your own personal task list isn't always easy because if you're working in a specific project, you have to drill down quite a bit to see your own personal tasks within a particular project / task list. It's also easy to miss tasks if someone didn't email them to you or properly assign them.
- Multi-Company User Integration
- Individual Task Assignment
- Project Hour Logs
- The software is complicated
- If training exists for this platform then I don't know about it
- Lack of overview for all features (I'm probably only scratching the surface of the platform)
- It's easy to upload and view documents, especially when you need to refer back to them later.
- It's GREAT to have the chat threads right in the project. I can't tell you how many times I've gone back and searched for a specific client response, and it's way easier than email since the whole team can see it, even if they weren't included in the thread originally (no digging through emails and forwarding them to people who weren't originally included)!
- It's really easy to get in there and get started. While we're very familiar with it, each client we introduce to it is new to it, so it's important that they can get started right away and not get tripped up by the tool itself. Teamwork really streamlines the onboarding process--you can literally get started using the tool right away.
- I never use the dashboard view, which isn't necessarily a con, and I don't have specific recommendations, but perhaps there's a way to make that more useful.
- Sometimes it gets a little confusing about where a comment is. Did the person comment on a file that was uploaded? A thread? Somewhere else? Even then, though, you can usually search to find it, so that's not a real complaint.
- Teamwork does a very good job of communication between our company and the client. It helps us keep track of all the communication back and forth so things don't get lost.
- We can link to all the assets for a client that are stored within TeamWork or in our cloud service providers like Google Drive and Box. Again, it provides a way for us to keep track of all the assets for a client.
- It keeps track of time very well for a project by our employees. We bill based on our time on a project for a client. If our timekeeping wasn't very good, we would not make any money.
- Task templates are a little difficult to use. I think an improvement in using task templates would be helpful for things that are always repeated.
- Project templates would also be very helpful.
- Marking tasks that are billable or not billable. My employees have a hard time with the billable and not billable parts of the task, so it would be helpful if the administrator could mark the tasks as billable/non-billable upon making the task and the user could not change it.
- Teamwork allows you to split up a project by task lists. This helps you see the nitty-gritty of what needs to be done.
- Teamwork has a "milestone" feature so that you can see the larger picture and the core steps to take to complete the project.
- Teamwork allows you to track time on a task-by-task basis so that you can show clients more detailed reports.
- Although the time tracking feature is great, it doesn't sync with QuickBooks, which complicates things a bit.
- Unless you have the setting JUST right, you will get an email about EVERYTHING.
- Moving milestones is easy once you learn it, but until then it can be very messy and complicated.
- It's very customizable
- There's great user access and privilege admin
- It's not very intuitive for new users
- There's not a great simple view to see where a specific project/ task is along the journey (for exec visibility)
- Email notifications. I like that we have the option to send an email notification with task creation and we can also turn that off when we have several tasks being entered at once. No one needs 50 emails related to one project but at least one is very helpful especially for those that do not check Teamwork daily.
- Task organization. No project is the same so being able to organize tasks and subtasks and subtasks on the subtasks, is just helpful. We have the control to make Teamwork for our variety of projects.
- Customer service. Every time I have had a question on a feature, I get a prompt response. Sometimes there isn't a solution at that time but they let me know if it's on their road map.
- Projects listed in the left panel. All of my team members have access to all of our projects, even if we aren't currently working on it. The project list on the left panel is nice to have for easy access but get very long and can get difficult to navigate. I wish there was a better way to organize those projects or hide some when not in use.
- It's easy to use and pretty straightforward. It's hierarchy allows for simple yet effective project organization.
- It has integrated time tracking, helping you manage your team and utilization.
- You can share/upload files straight in TeamWork to streamline the project.
- You can easily customize it with different tags, boards, and milestones that you create for yourself and your team.
- Time tracking can glitch sometimes, causing issues with reporting.
- There's no way to see your team's capacity when you add a project and the time required to complete it. That'd be an amazing feature.
- Entirely cloud-based, always available on any browser-equipped device
- Time tracking per project and task
- Multiple views for project tasks, including list, Gantt Chart and Kanban Board.
- A more robust integration platform with third-party products
- A more robust mobile native application
- Better guides and how-tos, even full-fledged courses.
- Task management
- Project organization
- Central place to store notes/information
- We've not successfully used the milestones/calendar/project management features. It's not great for project planning or getting a sense for timelines and keeping track of all the moving parts.
- It would be nice to have a better section for project overview information
Not well suited for other facets of actual project management.
- Milestone and Task management is an area where Teamwork Projects has really helped us. Tasks lists correspond to Milestones and the creation of subtasks is seamless. The ability to created threaded conversations within the Task itself is also beneficial. Finally, time tracking for specific Tasks couldn't be easier.
- Support for Teamwork projects is always provided in a very timely manner. Any time I have needed to email their support, I have received very prompt replies. Whether my inquiry has been answered or not, it's always nice to be acknowledged and know that your questions are being heard.
- In my experience with the API, I have found it to be very easy to use and the documentation provided from Teamwork Projects is excellent.
- From time to time there are server errors and uptime issues that prevent us from completing our work and using Teamwork Projects to its fullest potential. These issues are often rectified quickly, but they seem to happen more frequently than other platforms we've used in the past.
- I would love for new functionality to be added to Teamwork Projects to record and store our client contract details. Being a professional services agency, we have multiple contracts for our various services and each has their own corresponding monthly hours bank that we work off of. We currently have to use external tools to track this information.
Teamwork Projects Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Teamwork Projects
Teamwork Projects is project management software that aims to give users every advantage to stay on track and deliver on time. According to the vendor, the product combines high-performance features that build smarter workflows and close communication gaps so users can focus on getting things done.
Features include task management, time tracking, milestones, Gantt charts, instant high-level reports and more.
The product allows all communication, documentation and task coordination to be in one place, making collaboration more productive.
Teamwork Projects Screenshots
Teamwork Projects Integrations
Teamwork Projects Competitors
|Pro||$9||per month per user|
Teamwork Projects Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Teamwork Projects Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|