Teamwork Projects, from Irish company Teamworks.com, is a project management solution.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/m7/iA/4ZQS9OOG1D06.PNGWe LOVE Teamwork at our agency! Stay ORGANIZED!Teamwork Project is used across the whole organization at our company. It addresses the issue of having our clients up to date on the tasks we are currently doing for them. It helps us to communicate with them in an organized way. If they have a comment to make regarding a certain task, they can ask us directly through the platform and anyone in our agency who needs to be notified about that project will receive an email.,You can create a very detailed task, assign team members to the task, upload images, and there's a time tracker which is really useful when billing clients per hour. Very useful dashboard which provides all the info you need to know, such as tasks that are due soon, completed tasks, who have tasks assigned, an overview of your projects and any other important notes. User-friendly and very easy to use. Our whole team was able to adapt within the first week of using the platform. Our clients love it!! We always get KUDOS and positive feedback from any client whom we invite to a project.,Mobile app needs further development. It lacks a lot of things that other task-apps have. The mobile app definitely needs improvement Price - it's a little expensive, especially for micro businesses. It's not outrageous but the price is high Daily email reporting -- could get better, it lacks a lot of information I would like to see,10,It has helped out productivity -- now we have our tasks organized and we know what we need to do and what's already been completed Our clients are very happy when we invite them to a project on Teamwork, it looks good on us!,Asana,Microsoft Office 365, Google Analytics, Google Charts, Slack, HubSpot CRM, HubSpot Sales, WordStream, Hootsuite Enterprise, UberConference, GoToMeetingReview: Teamwork ProjectsTeamwork is a fast application accessed via an internet browser. Teamwork offers 3 separate programs: Projects, Chat, and Desk. As a small business owner, I solely use Projects. Teamwork Projects allows for project managing multiple projects with different clients, as well as tracking time, sending invoices, creating a company look and feel to the interface, task lists, production scheduling, and more.,Projects allow you to create insanely detailed task lists and production schedules. One can assign projects to different users, set due dates (which update in your calendar), and set up simple scripts for task accomplishments based on previously completed tasks. There is a lot of variety to the ways you can set up task lists, so much that I continue to find new and better ways to use the system. You can also create templates to easily copy similar tasks to new projects. Projects allow for client customization and project lists. It's very simple for me to create a new client and assign projects to them. If you are working on multiple projects for a client, the UI makes it easy to copy projects (to carry client details over). Clients are also listed under the project pane and it's so simple to jump from project to project. Projects have a built-in task time tracker. This is great. Other applications either have unintuitive time trackers or nothing at all, meaning you'll need a third party application to track time. Project and business management are always done best if you can contain more of your work into a single software. That's the reality. You can clock time for projects specific to a task on the task list, and later do an in-depth analysis to see which projects or tasks are sucking up your time. Teamwork has great customer service and troubleshooting. I've had a few issues, even initially with selecting a project management software, and getting onto chat with the team has been super fast and easy.,Teamwork's invoicing application within Projects isn't very good. It's convoluted and needs an overhaul. It's actually so bad and hard to use that I looked up bookkeeping software to use instead. This isn't necessarily a negative point to Projects, but there are so many options for customization and specificity within Projects that it will take a lot of time to look into every process. I love Projects, but if you really want to know it, you're going to have to take a lot of time to watch webcasts and mess around with the software. The production schedule and due date features of Projects are a bit confusing. It's nice to be able to place tasks and deadlines into a calendar, but ultimately it's hard to parse and ensure the accuracy of things. Perhaps with a single person, the ONLY project managing this wouldn't be so bad to ensure accuracy, but running a small business doesn't allow for having the time to work in Teamwork all day.,10,The biggest selling point for me with Teamwork is a small business plan I'm on. Essentially, I have full access to the software for one year and in that time, Projects is completely free for me. Most of the project management software is viciously overpriced for a small team. I'd be better off using excel and other free applications, but Teamwork's willingness to work with small companies speaks volumes about Teamwork's professionalism and company character. The goal is to keep small businesses interested as they grow so they'll jump onto a full plan down the road. It's enough to sell me on the software. I can't afford to pay Asana the outrageous amounts of cash they ask for, and other applications do the same thing. Teamwork is doing things the right way. Projects have made managing all of my clients so very simple. I don't have to worry about forgetting things because Teamwork keeps me covered.,Asana, Trello, Harvest, Accounting by Wave and Toggl,Accounting by Wave, Trello, HarvestGot us on track!Teamwork Projects was implemented at the beginning of 2018 and is being used by all members of the organization. The organization is a small behavioral health consulting company. They were running year-long consulting engagement contracts without any real structure. Teamwork Projects was brought in to rein in the chaos and allow for strategic planning and tactical execution.,Easy, cloud-based, user-friendly interface. Time reporting and detailed tracking are dead easy. Dashboard overview gives a clear picture of overall, and individual, project status.,The gantt chart is hard to work with. It's mainly just the user experience. It is hard to navigate and view. There are some very simple things they could do to make the experience much more intuitive. The task list/task structure can be confusing for new users. It is a very useful feature, but not the most intuitive feature and can cause some confusion, especially for new and non-technical users. The Kanban board is a great feature, but again not the best user experience. The blocks are large, and you can't fit a lot on one screen without reducing the resolution. I believe it is fairly new, so am hopeful it will improve as the feature matures.,9,The #1 impact: Teamwork Projects allowed the organization to get a handle on time billed against projects, vs. what is left to be billed to fulfill existing contracts. It was HUGE! Teamwork Projects set the stage for future planning, allowing management to consider actual time spent on types of projects when quoting new, similar projects. Teamwork Projects has provided a tool to act as the main organizational communication tool. Meetings are held with Teamwork Projects as the visual for talking points.,Zoho Projects and JIRA SoftwareSuperb Cloud-Based Project Management PlatformTeamwork Projects is the sole and standard platform used throughout the organization for the management of our whole projects portfolio. This covers all project types, including IT, business development, operations management, meetings and planning. We were looking for a solution that would centrally hold all of our programmes and initiatives and yet still be cost effective and easy to use.,Ubiquitous Access: Teamwork Projects runs on every platform including web browsers, tablets and smartphones. For the mobile editions, Teamwork Projects also has native apps for Android and iOS which means my user community has ubiquitous access to the product no matter where they are. Usability: The design of the user interface is clean, crisp and incredibly easy to use. My user community has generally got to grips with the product with no formal training. The product is intuitive and very user-friendly. Feature-Rich: We have replaced a plethora of project management tools used by the business with a single product in Teamwork Projects, including Microsoft Project, Basecamp, Trello, Asana, LeanKit and JIRA. We have only been able to do this because of the breadth of functionality within Teamwork Updates: The product is being enhanced constantly; we see new features every month Support: Online and human support is always effective and highly responsive,More work needed on the Boards feature - the current feature is good but not on par with a full-blown kanban type tool Reporting - to be fair, reporting is more than sufficient for our day-to-day needs and Teamwork are gradually releasing more functionality in this area Dashboards - currently these are fixed. Whilst it's not a showstopper for us as we create reports to address it but it would be nice to see some investment here Consolidated views - Other than via the reports you can't visualise information in a consolidated fashion - such as overall portfolio Gantt charts,10,Very good value for money - the licence model supports a large user base at a comparably low cost footprint meaning that I can bring on board large numbers of new users (employees and third parties) at no added cost The ability to manage all aspects of the organisation's project management process within Teamwork means that I don't need to support additional tools meaning that the cost of running my PMO has fallen Ease of use means that we have managed to achieve adoption and utilisation very rapidly meaning that process standardisation has been very rapid The ubiquitous access to the product means that we are now working in a model where all activity is mastered, captured and managed out of Teamwork - this has given us unparalleled access to real-time status updates as well as better control over project activities and progress,Asana, Basecamp, Trello, Wrike, Podio, Microsoft Project, JIRA Software, Smartsheet, Mavenlink and Pivotal Tracker,MindManager, Bizagi Digital Business Platform, Microsoft Office 365, Evernote, Dropbox, Balsamiq,No,10,No,I had an issue with trying to make the solution work for a complex project setup. Despite the fact that it wasn't really an issue with the software, I was pleasantly surprised when they came back within 20 minutes of raising the query and the level of detail they put into my answer,Task creation and management Simple reporting Bulk editing of tasks User onboarding,Complex reporting User permissions management Task management with large data sets,Yes,9Teamwork Brings the team to one spotWe used Teamwork both as a chat client and as a way to timetable our projects and map out projects on a yearly or monthly level. We were also able to store assets from meets, notes, Client Logos and other assets needed for keeping track of tasks and random information we received from emails.,The Teamwork Chat Client was basic but good. The timetable and ability to view projects timelines in a month view was great for setting milestones and being able to predict if we could meet deadlines. The task management tool was very robust and detailed when compared to Asana.,It takes a little while to figure out like every program does. I wish that it would integrate better with Google drive. If you're not responsible for a task it won't show up on the calendar (i.e. if you're only "following" that task).,9,Teamwork helped cut our project management down by 2-3 hours a week with its fast loading and great search functions.,Asana
Teamwork Projects

Teamwork Projects Reviews

Teamwork Projects
Top Rated Award
Filter 60 vetted Teamwork Projects reviews and ratings
June 14, 2018

Teamwork Projects Review: "We LOVE Teamwork at our agency! Stay ORGANIZED!"

• You can create a very detailed task, assign team members to the task, upload images, and there's a time tracker which is really useful when billing clients per hour.
  • Very useful dashboard which provides all the info you need to know, such as tasks that are due soon, completed tasks, who have tasks assigned, an overview of your projects and any other important notes.
  • User-friendly and very easy to use. Our whole team was able to adapt within the first week of using the platform.
  • Our clients love it!! We always get KUDOS and positive feedback from any client whom we invite to a project.
  • Mobile app needs further development. It lacks a lot of things that other task-apps have. The mobile app definitely needs improvement
  • Price - it's a little expensive, especially for micro businesses. It's not outrageous but the price is high
  • Daily email reporting -- could get better, it lacks a lot of information I would like to see
Teamwork is a great way to keep track of all your projects and tasks. It's a great way to be organized with your team members and clients. It is important to use a program like Teamwork if you want to use your time wisely and not waste time doing other things. I 100% recommend Teamwork!
Read Daniela Belevan's full review
June 07, 2018

"Review: Teamwork Projects"

• Projects allow you to create insanely detailed task lists and production schedules. One can assign projects to different users, set due dates (which update in your calendar), and set up simple scripts for task accomplishments based on previously completed tasks. There is a lot of variety to the ways you can set up task lists, so much that I continue to find new and better ways to use the system. You can also create templates to easily copy similar tasks to new projects.
  • Projects allow for client customization and project lists. It's very simple for me to create a new client and assign projects to them. If you are working on multiple projects for a client, the UI makes it easy to copy projects (to carry client details over). Clients are also listed under the project pane and it's so simple to jump from project to project.
  • Projects have a built-in task time tracker. This is great. Other applications either have unintuitive time trackers or nothing at all, meaning you'll need a third party application to track time. Project and business management are always done best if you can contain more of your work into a single software. That's the reality. You can clock time for projects specific to a task on the task list, and later do an in-depth analysis to see which projects or tasks are sucking up your time.
  • Teamwork has great customer service and troubleshooting. I've had a few issues, even initially with selecting a project management software, and getting onto chat with the team has been super fast and easy.
  • Teamwork's invoicing application within Projects isn't very good. It's convoluted and needs an overhaul. It's actually so bad and hard to use that I looked up bookkeeping software to use instead.
  • This isn't necessarily a negative point to Projects, but there are so many options for customization and specificity within Projects that it will take a lot of time to look into every process. I love Projects, but if you really want to know it, you're going to have to take a lot of time to watch webcasts and mess around with the software.
  • The production schedule and due date features of Projects are a bit confusing. It's nice to be able to place tasks and deadlines into a calendar, but ultimately it's hard to parse and ensure the accuracy of things. Perhaps with a single person, the ONLY project managing this wouldn't be so bad to ensure accuracy, but running a small business doesn't allow for having the time to work in Teamwork all day.
Projects likely shine with a smaller team of 5-15 people but work just as well solo. I use it daily to track projects and be reminded of which things I need to accomplish with different clients.

I can't imagine the software is going to work super well if you have a team of more than 20 people. I imagine at some point you'll need to split things into departments to use Teamwork, but as far as I can tell, it works great with smaller teams.
Read Chris Hecox's full review
May 18, 2018

Teamwork Projects Review: "Got us on track!"

• Easy, cloud-based, user-friendly interface.
  • Time reporting and detailed tracking are dead easy.
  • Dashboard overview gives a clear picture of overall, and individual, project status.
  • The gantt chart is hard to work with. It's mainly just the user experience. It is hard to navigate and view. There are some very simple things they could do to make the experience much more intuitive.
  • The task list/task structure can be confusing for new users. It is a very useful feature, but not the most intuitive feature and can cause some confusion, especially for new and non-technical users.
  • The Kanban board is a great feature, but again not the best user experience. The blocks are large, and you can't fit a lot on one screen without reducing the resolution. I believe it is fairly new, so am hopeful it will improve as the feature matures.
Teamwork Projects is especially well suited for smaller teams. It is easy to use, cloud-based and (generally speaking) has an intuitive user interface. It is also suited for less tech-savvy teams, as it is easy to learn.
Read Tom Wondra's full review
April 15, 2018

Teamwork Projects Review: "Superb Cloud-Based Project Management Platform"

• Ubiquitous Access: Teamwork Projects runs on every platform including web browsers, tablets and smartphones. For the mobile editions, Teamwork Projects also has native apps for Android and iOS which means my user community has ubiquitous access to the product no matter where they are.
  • Usability: The design of the user interface is clean, crisp and incredibly easy to use. My user community has generally got to grips with the product with no formal training. The product is intuitive and very user-friendly.
  • Feature-Rich: We have replaced a plethora of project management tools used by the business with a single product in Teamwork Projects, including Microsoft Project, Basecamp, Trello, Asana, LeanKit and JIRA. We have only been able to do this because of the breadth of functionality within Teamwork
  • Updates: The product is being enhanced constantly; we see new features every month
  • Support: Online and human support is always effective and highly responsive
  • More work needed on the Boards feature - the current feature is good but not on par with a full-blown kanban type tool
  • Reporting - to be fair, reporting is more than sufficient for our day-to-day needs and Teamwork are gradually releasing more functionality in this area
  • Dashboards - currently these are fixed. Whilst it's not a showstopper for us as we create reports to address it but it would be nice to see some investment here
  • Consolidated views - Other than via the reports you can't visualise information in a consolidated fashion - such as overall portfolio Gantt charts
Well suited for:
  • All types of project management
  • Timesheets and billing
  • Project task scheduling, tracking and reporting
  • Project collateral management
  • Project governance (RAID log, etc)
Not suited for:
  • Complex agile projects (requiring kanban/sprints/releases)
  • Complex projects with 1000s of lines
Read Ash Sharma's full review
April 12, 2018

Teamwork Projects Review: "Teamwork Brings the team to one spot"

• The Teamwork Chat Client was basic but good.
  • The timetable and ability to view projects timelines in a month view was great for setting milestones and being able to predict if we could meet deadlines.
  • The task management tool was very robust and detailed when compared to Asana.
  • It takes a little while to figure out like every program does.
  • I wish that it would integrate better with Google Drive.
  • If you're not responsible for a task it won't show up on the calendar (i.e. if you're only "following" that task).
We're streamlining our traffic process between account services and creative. It allows us to utilize our time to the best of our ability without overloading our staff.
Read Collin Berg's full review
February 02, 2018

Teamwork Projects Review: "Help organize our teams and reduced project risk"

We have been using Teamwork Projects for several years. It works really well for us and the types of projects that we do. We have several different teams (Operations, PM, Technology) that work on projects and our projects span across several months and sometimes years. This product has given us great visibility into our projects and at what stage they are at. We have been using another product for source saturation but have recently been testing Teamwork Projects to replace that tool.
  • Quickly able to see when a project is behind and at risk.
  • We meet 2x a week to review open tasks and identify bottlenecks, etc. We do this review easily in the the platform using custom date ranges.
  • It really helps individuals see what is due and what is upcoming and help them prioritize what they need to work on.
  • You have the ability to build different task lists for the different stages of the project.
  • It is awesome that we can build task list templates. For example, we build it out with all of the possible task needed for a scanning template, create it and then can easily edit out the items that are not needed for that project. Great tool that makes people think through that project and steps are not missed.
  • Wish that we could get a gantt chart for our resource saturation.
  • Wish that we could get resource saturation at not only the individual level but also for equipment. We are testing a workaround by making the printer an individual - no comment on this yet.
  • Wish they had cost base-lining.
  • Unable to see budget to actual. You can set hourly rates for individuals but we do a lot of printing, mailing, data collection services that are material costs. You can record an expense - but no viability in the system for budget to actual costs.
For the cost, this has worked really well in giving individuals visibility into their workloads and management visibility into all active projects. If you are not willing to track budget vs. costs outside of the platform, this is likely not a good fit for your team. If your priority is visibility at the project level - making sure everything is on time; this is a great tool.
Read Mechelle Timmons's full review
January 18, 2018

Review: "Teamwork Projects - manage your PROjects like a PRO."

Teamwork Projects is used to help with submitting tasks and tracking time spent on getting a particular task done. The whole organization uses it, but the IT department, social media department, and graphic designers make the most of it.
  • Tracking time spent on tasks
  • Assigning tasks and notifying
  • Including attachments and files
  • It's not intuitive enough to be my favourite tool
  • The mobile app is not developed well yet
  • It takes some time to get into it and actually like the tool
Teamwork Projects will work the best for companies focused on managing and delegating tasks, where a lot of people should have access to files. Teamwork helps in doing this and everything seems to be easy to be found. Also, if you are into tracking time of your employees' work, thanks to a Teamwork Projects feature it is possible.
Read Kinga Odziemek's full review
July 02, 2018

Review: "Teamwork Projects, total win for our productivity and focus."

We use Teamwork Projects to manage internal and external projects. It gives us one place to go to collaborate on the details of a project. We manage everything from our internal blog schedule to large software projects.
  • The user experience keeps things orderly and easy to understand. Valuable information is always in the forefront.
  • Ability to shift from lists to cards has been very helpful in many of our projects where things are bouncing around.
  • Teamwork Projects is great at having the ability to configure what components are going to be used on a project by project basis. It keeps the focus where it is needed.
  • I'd like to have the ability to have at least one member of a client company be a more functional free account. It's hard to keep up with the licenses and remember to shuffle when people are in and out of project and deciding who is a paid account and who is not.
  • Wish it had the ability to create a simple web form for support requests or bug submissions to a project without having to use the add on product which is more than we need.
We have used several other project management solutions, either too complicated, too expensive or we out grew them. Teamwork was introduced by a colleague and we moved forward immediately and have not looked back.
November 16, 2017

Review: "Teamwork Projects great for tasks and working together."

We have used Teamwork Projects to help us manage the design, fabrication, and shipping of large pieces of industrial equipment with a variety of components. It has helped us keep track of where each piece is in the process, what needs to be done and who needs to do it. We mostly used it in that department but we did also use it for smaller internal projects including hiring and onboarding team members. The biggest problems Teamwork Projects helped us with is really just keeping track of where in our process the individual parts of larger pieces that make up a whole were.
  • We set up a project with each part of the equipment and under that part set the steps of the process to move from design to installed on site. This includes multiple checks, drawings, fabrication, shipping, arrival on site and other steps.
  • Tasks also worked well you can assign tasks to yourself or other team members with deadlines, details etc... and then follow up on them seeing how the task is progressing and how each team member and the project overall is moving forward and meeting deadlines.
  • Teamwork Projects has a Gantt Chart feature build in that is easy to use and is helpful for time parts of the project as it progresses. Our equipment has multiple pieces to fabricate some take months to build and some take hours. The Gantt chart helped us to plan ahead and make sure the long lead items where started early enough to deliver with the smaller ones.
  • We had an issue with data entry and repeating the same task multiple times. We had a process to go through and would have liked to repeat the process with assigned people and even deadlines frequently for each piece.
  • For a big project Teamwork Project worked well but it may add too much work to the project. Just entering and updating tasks at time felt like it was taking up a big chunk of the day. This could be due to the way we use it.
  • I had issues with the down carrot to the left of a task. It provided a pulldown menu and I constantly expected it to reveal the subtasks. Some of this is just my brain and not Teamwork Projects but it was a constant frustration for me.
Teamwork Projects is great to assign tasks, even tasks with subtasks and keeping track of a whole project. We really like that side of it. If it's a regular lists of similar/same tasks I haven't figured out how to easily repeat those tasks so it becomes fairly intensive to enter that information. That was a problem for us. Our projects have 100-200 parts with about 10 subtasks that turns into an incredible job just to enter the data. For different projects I can see it working very well.
Read Bil Thompson's full review
November 14, 2017

Teamwork Projects Review: "Teamwork Project: Project Management for Your Entire Team, and Not Your Entire Budget"

I am using Teamwork Projects to track projects for my tech team on a detailed level, as well as tracking high-level deliverables for our other program areas for cross-collaboration purposes as needed per project. I also work with our leadership to be sure they have a robust chart view of projects for the tracking of milestones for org-level fiscal year goals.

In addition, I have used the application to export time-tracking data for my tech team to illustrate resource allocation and use; both for the balancing of work pipeline across the team and for each team SME. This was a key in making a successful case for additional team FTE acquisitions.
  • Clear hierarchical menu system, allowing for ease of use and a relatively flat learning curve for non-project management staff.
  • Robust communication system both within and outside of (email integration) the application makes communication protocol simple and precise, without the need for non-project management staff to be constantly logged into the application.
  • Rapid response customer service via email. Often responding within a 30-minute window.
  • Flexible project builds lending the application to both Waterfall and Agile project management, including Kanban.
  • Being a SaaS application, Teamwork Projects can become sluggish during peak use.
  • Constant evolution of the application (a good thing!) can sometimes lead to sudden functionality bugs.
  • Dashboard is a bit messy and really not functional as named.
  • In-app reporting is weak, however data exports to .pdf for quick visuals, or .xlsx for data analysis solve this for my purposes.
Suitable for most project management scenarios, except perhaps for Scrum. Not as detailed as MS Project.

Suitable for tracking multiple orgs and vendors, with billable and non-billable time tracking options.

Not suitable for granular resource tracking or in-app reporting of multiple data points/axis.
Read Jason Kefalas's full review
November 14, 2017

Teamwork Projects Review: "If You Are Willing To Pay For A Robust Tool With Great Reporting & Time Tracking Features - Teamwork May Be Worth The Investment"

I used Teamwork Projects extensively at my previous company. I also consulted with other companies to implement the software as a certified Teamwork Expert. In Teamwork, we managed every single thing that needed to be done.

We used to say "if it's not in Teamwork, it didn't happen."

Teamwork was useful for planning, communicating and collaborating, time tracking, and reporting.

A project manager would put everything that needed to be done in Teamwork and assign it out. This could include time estimates, dates, etc. Then every employee can pull up Teamwork and see exactly what they need to do.

As we are working on tasks we are constantly updating our tasks in Teamwork by posting comments, uploading files, and tracking time. This way management instantly knows the status of every task and project being done in the company.

Because we tracked our time in Teamwork, we could look over time and see how effective we were being. Time is typically your biggest cost. I found it extremely useful to figure out what we should be charging clients (even if you aren't charging by the hour, you still need to know).
  • The Everything Tab - In The Everything Tab, employees can click on "All Tasks" and instantly see a list of what needs to be done. They can sort these by due date, priority, and other custom sorting options. SUPER EASY to help manage employee's time.
  • Project organization and reports - If you are organizing projects in Teamwork correctly, they have quite a few nice reports such as the Gantt Chart, Time Report, Workload Report, Project Overview, and Project Chart. This makes it easy when you are over multiple teams and projects to instantly know the status on every single task or project in the company. This is both from a high level (looking over many projects at once) and even down to an individual task level.
  • Time Tracking - Teamwork's time tracking is really good. It is really easy to track time and because you can track time according to tasks, it really helps you look at how you are spending your time. I think this is really underrated. You can log your time throughout the day by tasks or by project. They also have a timer app if that's an easier method for you.
  • Load Time - I'm sure they are working on this but I found Teamwork Projects does tend to load a little slowly. If you use some Shortcuts and tricks to navigate quickly it may not be noticeable but I've tested out other software and some other platforms seem to load considerably faster.
  • Board View - I'm not a fan of the card system in general. I know a lot of people like it so take this for a grain of salt but the integration between board view and task view is not super smooth. Projects don't automatically have columns (although you can probably set defaults) and if you don't manually assign a column to each task, they are put in the backlog, which basically makes it so you have tons of tasks in there. It isn't terrible but software like Goodday.Work had a much smoother system for having both board views and list views.
  • Expensive - It was a little on the high side before they upped their prices, but now with them charging $69/month for just the low level plan (from $49/month), it's a quite a bit higher than other options out there. This is even more drastic when you consider what other companies give with their free plans. I believe Asana only charges you when you are over 15 users, Goodday.Work is still free, and Trello is basically free if you don't mind storing files somewhere else and not using integrations.
Teamwork is really good if you work on a project basis. It is really easy to plan and schedule out all the tasks that need to get done. It is also really useful if you want time tracking and great reports all in the same platform. I find it provides more features than most other project management software.

Companies that just need a simple to-do list, would find something else to be a better fit (and better price). If you are the type of team where you are only going to be logging in occasionally and updating things, Teamwork's not for you. If you use it, it should be something your team is constantly using all day - every (work) day. If you are a small company, you can probably get a better deal with a different software with a generous free plan.
Read McKay Salisbury's full review
December 08, 2017

Teamwork Projects: "Teamwork PM review"

Teamwork is being used company wide but our implementation team uses it the most out of any department. Using Teamwork allows all of our onboarding to be in one place and allows full transparency. We also use it for internal projects such as development tasks and daily task management.
  • Organized Project Management
  • Easy workflow management
  • Task Management
  • Interface
  • Historical task management and visibility
  • Better daily email reports
It's suited for external and internal project management. Where I think Teamwork Projects could use some help would be assigning one-off tasks within groups that may not be part of a project.
Read Tim Kyse's full review
November 21, 2017

Teamwork Projects Review: "The best part about being in a Team(work)"

It is being used across the whole organization. It is addressing active communication across different working groups, allows individuals to be accountable for tasks, makes goals achievable by highlighting stepping stones and makes information easily viewable and not viewable for the appropriate personnel.

It is a platform where resources are also stored such as meeting minutes, draft projects and centralized contact details for all involved in the certain projects.

• Task management, allowing due dates, sub tasks and categorization.
  • Storing meeting notes and editable notes that multiple people can work on together.
  • Allowing group threads to be easily stored, read and categorized.
  • The process of moving between tabs can be clunky at times.
  • Notes cannot be edited at the same time as another person causing duplicate copies.
  • The process of deleting uploaded resources can be time consuming as it needs to be done one at a time.

Well Suited

- Where projects require large scale coordination with minimal AO input.

- Where projects require information to be sensitive to certain members and not to others, allowing information to be accessed on a need to know basis.

- Where members are internationally collaborating and meeting in person or in real time is not possible.

Less Suited

- Small general teams that work together in the same office every day. They may be more suited for an in house solution.

- Where high security is a concern for information regarding project management, an in house local system may required.

Read Luke Yokota's full review
November 21, 2017

Teamwork Projects Review: "Teamwork Is a Terrific Tool for Improving Operations and Efficiency"

I work for a small web design and search engine optimization company located just outside of Philadelphia. About two years ago we made the switch to Teamwork from a system that consisted of whiteboard reminders. As our organization began to grow, we realize that a more sophisticated method of project management was needed to continuously deliver quality for our clients. It took a little bit of time to get the team used to Teamwork Projects, but the platform helps us solve many different issues including overlooked tasks and missed milestones. Since a vast majority of our business is run off of a recurring job, Teamwork made the operations of the company much more straightforward with its recurring and dependent reminders.
  • Recurring Tasks. Anybody who is involved in the search engine optimization field knows that there are tasks you must complete every single month for your clients. Teamwork has made the reminder for backlink development, content creation, and on-site optimization much more manageable with its recurring reminders.
  • Depended Tasks. When it comes to web developers, there are specific tasks that cannot be completed ahead of another task. In the beginning, we found ourselves tripping over each other because one department would begin working on one module before the dependent module created by another department was finished. This would inevitably lead to conflict between multiple departments. Teamwork has solved this problem with its task dependencies. Now a department will only be alerted to a new task when the previous department has completed its work.
  • Milestone Completion. Put simply - Teamwork Projects has given us the ability to track our progress with projects and determine whether or not you will meet the milestone. The milestone reminder module now helps project managers calculate whether or not projects will be completed within the desired time. This also allows the PMs to make any staff or resource adjustments to meet the milestone instead of overshooting it.
  • Some staff members (myself included) have found the overabundance of data on the dashboards a little bit overwhelming. In certain aspects, I would like Teamwork to more closely mimic the simplicity of base camp.
  • The calendar view of upcoming tasks and milestones is also a little bit confusing and I feel delivers too much data.
Anybody involved in the IT, web design or marketing industries will find this platform very useful and time-saving. For the most part, I don't think that there are many scenarios in which Teamwork would not be appropriate.
Read Max J. Jennings's full review
November 16, 2017

Review: "Teamwork Projects: Flexible, Robust and Effective"

We use Teamwork Projects to organize and manage client work at our online marketing agency. It is the primary project management platform for our company. As part of organizing our projects and tasks we also conduct most of our client communication through Teamwork Projects. It is the central system for coordinating the work we are doing.
  • We are able to manage permissions effectively at many levels where appropriate. Our clients only see the projects they are working on and different team members may have limited visibility to specific milestones and task lists.
  • Task organization is very flexible with the potential to create sub tasks with all of the same functionality. Additionally, dependencies can occur at many different levels. All together we have been able to manage a wide range of types of work across many different people within the system without customization.
  • The dashboard gives a good overview of all of the tasks that need to be done. It is simply organized and makes it easy to stay focused.
  • The tagging functionality feels someone limited in that it must be established for the entire instance and cannot be customized at the project level.
  • Categories can feel strange in that they don't seem to work the same across different elements (files, messages, tasks) and overlap oddly with tags.
  • The calendar view can be tricky to filter efficiently when working with many projects.
  • The notification system needs revisited. If you stay on top of it, great. But it can quickly spiral out of control and sometimes seems to completely disappear.
Teamwork seems to work very well in an agency environment. But it can take some effort to adjust to the structure if your processes don't naturally align. It is less customization than other project management platforms. This is great if you can work within it because it is more stable and less likely to run into configuration issues.
Read Kyle Crocker's full review
November 14, 2017

Teamwork Projects Review: "Too complex"

We were initially using Basecamp for project management at my digital agency but we eventually outgrew it so we searched for alternatives and Teamwork was the one we chose. The transition from Basecamp to Teamwork was extremely easy with their import feature, however, the software is complex and neither my team or my clients wanted to use it. The learning curve was extremely long.

The complexity is obviously because the tool is powerful however the on-boarding was painful, especially internally with my team. It took us a whole month to try to understand it and get buy-in from the team so eventually we gave up. We ended up moving to Asana and within a week we were up and running.
  • Import from Basecamp was a breeze.
  • Gantt Charts for full project view.
  • Dependable tasks.
  • User interface is too complex (and I particularly don't like the logo...)
  • Long learning curve and hard on-boarding for teams and clients alike.
  • Difficulty with templates (have to be done in individual task lists)
The platform is powerful so if you are willing to invest the time in learning how to use it you will be able to get a lot more out of it. I find the gantt charts particularly useful for agencies like me with many large projects going on at the same time.

On the other hand, the fact that it is powerful is also what makes it complex and therefore hard to use. Too many buttons and options which cause distraction and confusion. For a team of 10 with about 30 monthly projects on an ongoing basis it was not a good fit.
Read Barbara Carneiro's full review
November 14, 2017

Teamwork Projects Review: "Efficient and effective for a small agency"

We use Teamwork across the whole organization to manage project work flow between the accounts team and the creative team. It addresses organization and trackability of the work for client billing
  • It's really great at organizing projects into sub-categories using the milestones and tasks.
  • It's simple to track hours and assign them to tasks, which makes billing clients very simple.
  • The reminder emails are great, and help you stay on track of upcoming due dates and who's responsible for certain aspects of projects.
  • The calendar is also great for getting a top-level snapshot of all the work flowing through the company at that given moment.
  • The task functionality leaves something to be desired, and is somewhat redundant depending on your use of the milestone tool.
  • The printing format should be better for job tickets, since we still print out tickets for each job I wish there were more diverse print settings for job reports.
  • The dashboard organized chronologically isn't the best in list format, the calendar should be on the homepage.
It's a fantastic tool for a small agency where there is no formal traffic manager. Account managers traffic projects directly to the creatives, and this tool is great for that. It allows us to stay organized, track hours, and manage projects, without getting caught up in a difficult software that would take more time away from the rest of our jobs. An easy-to-use tool perfect for small agencies!
Read Kelly Sobolewski's full review
November 13, 2017

Teamwork Projects Review: "Teamwork is a lifesaver!"

The company I was with previous to my current company used Teamwork Projects 24/7. Every single member of the company, from accounting to design to the C-Suite had Teamwork open at all times. In our company, we needed communication between departments frequently, and it was a great way to communicate about job statuses and also a great way to track projects! The to-do list design is great for Type-A people like me. I also liked how you could view the Gantt Chart for a different view of the life of a project.
  • Teamwork offers quick, instant solutions to communication problems within our company.
  • Teamwork is a visually appealing project-managing software, which makes it so much easier to use!
  • Teamwork gives you a great system for tracking projects and making sure you are meeting deadlines.
  • Teamwork offers a variety of ways to communicate - message threads, commenting on job statuses, notebooks, etc. If your company uses Teamwork well, nothing will slip through the cracks!
  • Teamwork can sometimes get a little glitchy. It is usually resolved in hours time not days, but sometimes it can be frustrating when you need to edit a project and it is glitching.
  • It would be great to have a flagging system similar to Gmail - Teamwork has an option to "star" important projects so they show up at the top of your page, but I like to categorize projects in order of importance, instead of just organizing them by name.
Our company used Teamwork to track projects and communicate about anything project-related. It was also great because it didn't fill up our email inboxes with a thousand emails a day, so we could sift through email easier.

However, we did not use Teamwork for company communication regarding processes, protocols, changes, etc. More personal communication or communication regarding clients was reserved for email.

We tried to encourage everyone in the company to overcommunicate via Teamwork, so there would never be any question about where a job stood.
Read Rachel Moenning's full review
July 25, 2017

Teamwork Projects Review: "The best option for small teams with big projects"

We are currently using Teamwork Projects between 4 departments: Marketing, Design, Engineering and Customer Service. The bulk of use is coming from Marketing & Engineering, with Design and Customer Service doing mostly monitoring of projects.
  • Viewing of prioritized task lists & dependencies by project or team member.
  • Assignment and notification of project tasks through the app, email or text.
  • Creating and adjusting project work loads via live Gantt charts.
  • Time tracking could be more intuitive.
  • It's browser based and a desktop app would be much better.
  • Better/deeper Slack integration (especially without using Zapier).
Teamwork Projects is well suited to any environment where a small team between 3-5 teams is needed to be tasked with items on the project, given deadlines and sharing limited resources.

It is not the best when sharing large assets or having to keep versions of those assets in larger programs for design or 3D. It is also slightly cumbersome in time keeping so you might want a different solution for that.
Read Randolph Ramirez's full review
November 14, 2017

Teamwork Projects Review: "Great Project Collaboration Tool for Teams On and Off-site"

Teamwork was used by the content team as a tool to move content initiatives through the concept, development and launch process. It was a tool to show us where any one content piece was in this process along with deliverables by others to move it further. As a collaboration tool, it aided us in communication, updates and general awareness. We also used other tools to supplement some of the communication needs, but Teamwork was the home of all outstanding content projects and timelines. It was also a good place to capture ideas that may Later turn into content initiatives.
  • Great for collaboration with teams, onsite and off.
  • Allows for task creation to make sure people are meeting their deadlines.
  • Alerts help notify team members of updates or items that require their attention.
  • Buy-in from all users is CRITICAL. Without it, your use of the tool will fall by the wayside.
  • For larger, more task-oriented projects, a more robust project management tool may be needed. This was a great tool for smaller team collaboration.
Small-medium sized businesses who need a "mild" project management tool that enables project planning, collaboration and task management. The tile design supports easy usability and ease of training new team members who join your organization. It was also very cost-effective with add-ons available to build out your organization's custom use of the tool.
September 02, 2016

Teamwork Projects Review: "Teamwork is the "missing team member" in productive teams"

We are using Teamwork Projects across our entire organization, to manage all client activities/tasks/projects, as well as our sales and marketing campaigns and strategies. We use it to manage on a daily, weekly and monthly level as well as to strategically onboard new projects with pre-created task sets and projects.
  • Keeps all project information in one place and is accessible to everyone, at the level they need information
  • Sets up tasks and sub tasks easily and natively, without having to learn a new workflow or incorporate different natural processes into our every day.
  • Allows easy delegation of responsibilities to keep everyone on task.
  • We are exploring integrations with Salesforce and HubSpot, both of which are managed through zaps and don't seem particularly functional.
  • We have a massive number of projects which makes views for admins very complex. For individual users assigned to only a few projects, this is a non-issue
  • Notebooks should have more than one page.
It is well suited for larger organizations with multiple players and many projects. Small teams or individuals probably wouldn't need something so detailed but this allows for a lot of levels of detail and task, categorized on a project level and assigned to individuals as needed. It replaces a lot of work from email-based tasks, so in another "odd fit", probably wouldn't be great for companies unwilling to get out of their inbox.
Read Andrea Boccard's full review

Document Management (18)
Email integration (15)
Mobile Access (15)
Timesheet Tracking (1)
Change request and Case Management (1)
Integration with accounting software (5)

About Teamwork Projects

Teamwork Projects is project management software that aims to give users every advantage to stay on track and deliver on time. According to the vendor, the product combines high-performance features that build smarter workflows and close communication gaps so users can focus on getting things done.

Features include task management, time tracking, milestones, Gantt charts, instant high-level reports and more.

The product allows all communication, documentation and task coordination to be in one place, making collaboration more productive.

Teamwork Projects Features

Does not have featureBudget and Expense Management
Professional Services Automation Features
Does not have featureQuotes/estimates
Does not have featureInvoicing
Does not have featureProject & financial reporting
Has featureIntegration with accounting software

Teamwork Projects Screenshots

Teamwork Projects Integrations

OneDrive, Dropbox, HubSpot, Xero, Slack, Google Drive, Full list here: https://www.teamwork.com/integrations

Teamwork Projects Competitors