Formerly Webtexttool

Textmetrics

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Textmetrics, and make your voice heard!

What is Textmetrics?

Textmetrics (formerly Webtexttool) aims to help content creators create rank-boosting web content. The tools key differentiator is big data Textmetrics creates predictive data, by analyzing the data of users (anonymously). 20.000+ user generated…

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.webtexttool.com/pricing

3 people want pricing too

What is Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins?

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins are a set of tools developed by Joost de Valk and team, founder of yoast.com and Wordpress enthusiast. These tools are designed to help content rank higher and are subsumed under the Yoast Complete pack, which includes Video SEO for rank climbing with embedded videos in a…

What is Semrush?

SEMRush is a relatively popular search engine optimization tool set from the company of the same name based in Pennsylvania and founded in 2008. Largely the platforms relies on competitive intelligence, and features SEO staples like backlink checking, keyword analysis to refine SEO and PPC…

What is Textmetrics?

The tools key differentiator is big data
Textmetrics creates predictive data, by analyzing the data of users (anonymously). 20.000+ user generated texts are analyzed and compared to real-world outcomes. The best performing outcomes are used to better its real-time optimization tips.

Value prop: More website traffic
While writing, Textmetrics provides live optimization tips. The vendor states applying the suggestions helps rank higher in search engine results.

Textmetrics Features

SEO Channels Features

• Supported: Local SEO
  • Supported: Global SEO

Textmetrics Screenshots

Optimize your textKeyword analysisCreate effective content

Textmetrics Videos

How does webtexttool work?
Quick tour through the editor

Textmetrics Competitors

Textmetrics Technical Details

Supported LanguagesEnglish, Dutch, German

Compare with

First off, WebTextTool rebranded and changed its name to TextMetrics about half a year ago. It's the same product, but the new name better describes what the tool does. Currently, I am the only one using WedTextTool (TextMetrics), and I use it for every news item or blog post for our website and any articles or content I write for outside publications as well. I try not to publish anything (either online or in print) without running it through WedTextTool (TextMetrics) first. It's a super-objective "editor" that looks for the things the internet needs that a human editor doesn't or can't look for because it's all based on algorithms.
  • WebTextTool (TextMetrics) expertly assesses the text and, just as importantly importantly, the FORMAT of the content for SEO effectiveness and advises on what to do to make it more effective.
  • WebTextTool (TextMetrics) assesses and ranks your content's readability level with actionable recommendations.
  • WebTextTool (TextMetrics) provides feedback and recommendations on other factors such as target audience (leaning towards any one particular gender), credibility (adjective usage), and sentiment (negative, positive, or neutral).
  • WebTextTool (TextMetrics) assumes that each uploaded or typed in the article is intended for online publishing, mostly in a blog type environment. While this is a perfectly understandable assumption in this day and age, it shouldn't be so difficult to ask the question of whether the content is intended for online or print media.
  • The "Credibility" section tends to be a little too harsh for my taste. Depending on the style of writing and the type of content, "too many adjectives" is too subjective a metric to apply to all writing ( still, I do get why they try to do it).
  • This is a little nitpicky, but I'd prefer to see how many projects and credits I have left to use on the dashboard page as opposed to having to click over to my account. A dashboard should show everything that a user needs to see in one shot.
I honestly can't think of a scenario where WebTextTool (TextMetrics) would not be valuable for anyone writing content intended for publishing either online or in print media. If the intent is for print media, then even if you completely ignore the SEO section of the analysis, all of the other analysis tools intended for content are incredibly insightful and helpful. These days, even print media almost always ends up online in some form or another on the publisher's website or in a digital format of the publication. So the SEO tools can still give a little boost in reworking or rewording some parts to make sure they will be effective not only in print but online as well.
I only had to reach out to TexMetrics once when initially getting my account setup after signing up. The response was swift, and they addressed my question completely. I've had no other issues since I began using TextMetrics, so based on that one interaction, I have to give them a great score. I assume that it is still the same as when I reached out that one time (at least I hope it is!).
Cuong Tran | TrustRadius Reviewer
SEO on-page is always the first challenge I have to pass when getting started to write an article. I used to use free SEO tools but none were clear and measurable enough until I found WebTextTool. It provided a full, detailed picture of my article, including page ranking, keyword research, website content ranking, weekly reports, etc. Besides that, WebTextTool has a WordPress plugin which is super useful for WordPress users. It works great with ACF as well, whereas Yoast didn't. WebTextTool helped me optimize all of my articles immediately, and it is updated every week.
  • Tracks the exact page ranking
  • Optimizes SEO on-page in detail and with a number of measures, including a readability metric.
  • Tracking website content with a website ranking system
  • Keyword analysis is simple with general information on your competition, but it doesn't go into detail and isn't measurable. It's missing filter and sort features.
  • The WordPress plugin is still clunky. I wish it were faster and lighter.
  • I need a view mode that has no distractions when I see the content on WebTextTool
It is a super cool tool when used with WordPress for optimizing the content of a blog post. Its suggestion will fix any mistakes I make. Facebook posts are optimized, too. If you want to do keyword research, I think it is not so well-suited. Its keyword analysis is too simple to help you.