Thinkific Reviews

April 22, 2021
Michael Chow | TrustRadius Reviewer
Before this pandemic and work from home or teaching on Zoom, I wanted to create an online course. Having an online system and teaching online are two different animals here. One leading online via Zoom means you are teaching face to face in real-time. While Thinkific, it's all Asynchronous.

There are pros and cons to both formats, but asynchronous is much easier to deal with learners in some parts. I found Thinkific an easy platform to get up to speed and running in no time at all. As long as you have the course outline, curriculum, or material, it will be a snap. If you don't, expect a bit of a climb.
  • Community forum
  • Online tutorials and videos
  • Free account to try it
  • Themes could be updated, a bit dated
  • Better user usability experience with the interface
The reason I highly recommend Thinkific say over any other platform is the control of the use of your courses and how it is marketed. Better access to the funds and you can have unlimited students on their free plan and can build up to three courses. This includes all the hosting for content like videos. You'll also have access to their quizzes and surveys, as well as instant access to any revenues you bring in.
Read Michael Chow's full review
May 06, 2020
Kate Murray, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Thinkific as a platform to deliver several digital courses. It is used for delivering content such as video modules, text, and downloads, but also serves the purpose of both lead generation as well as customer retention efforts. The main problem it solves is delivery of digital course content to multiple users.
  • User Interface Design for the Course Creator
  • Ability to Customize Branding
  • Intuitive Flow for the Student
  • When viewing your content as a student, it does not provide easy navigation back to the Creator Dashboard which is not necessarily the most intuitive navigation for the creator.
  • With the basic plan, you don't have the ability to allow students to have a monthly payment option for purchase. For this feature, you must upgrade. I think it should be part of the basic plan.
  • I'm not a fan of their affiliate interface. It is not very robust. I actually purchased this software originally because they included an affiliate dashboard within the system making it easier to convert students into affiliates, but I quickly realized that it was not robust enough for my needs.
Overall, I'm very happy with Thinkific and will continue to use it to deliver my digital courses. It's perfect for those who have only one (or several) courses. It's also a good price point at only $49 per month to get started for someone who is just dipping their toe into the pool with digital courses. When I first started creating digital courses almost 10 years ago, there were not many software options available to deliver the content. Now there are many and I have tried many and have found Thinkific to be among the best for digital course newbies.
I had a question when I first started using the software and they literally replied within an hour. Sometimes companies (such as ClickFunnels) outsource their customer service to countries where English is not the primary language, and the barrier is steep. I have a background in technology and web development, so I consider myself a very experienced user of this type of software, and when I asked a question of a ClickFunnels representative, they didn't even properly understand the question. It was a lot of back and forth (and lost revenue) that could have been avoided, all because the customer service rep did not understand English. I am a fan of Thinkific because they have great customer service.
Read Kate Murray, MBA's full review
February 25, 2020
Alvin Landicho | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Thinkific internally to provide a basic Cyber Security learning course for every new user on our system as part of the onboarding process. We also use it as an onboarding and training tool for another client who runs a program for high school students to learn the basics of accounting and bookkeeping while being paid for actual work, like an internship.
  • Learning management system that is easy to author
  • The user interface is clear and intuitive for the end-user
  • When creating content, there are some quirks with the editor that need getting used to.
We found that using the Thinkific platform was great for any self-paced learning situation. Internally for our IT company, we use Thinkific to provide a cybersecurity training course for all new users to our platform as an onboarding step to ensure that every user has a baseline level of security awareness. The platform allows us to use video, audio, slides, gifs, quizzes, and many other text editing tools to provide a varied self-pace learning environment. For another client, we were able to integrate Thinkific with a custom made gamification engine that tracked student progress and rewarded accordingly.
We haven't needed to contact support as their knowledge base provided all the answers to our questions. The majority of the platform was intuitive and easy to use and navigate, so that is why we have given it a high support score. We didn't even need to contact support when we were integrating with our gamification engine.
Read Alvin Landicho's full review
February 28, 2020
We use Thinkific as an LMS for several online courses that have thousands of enrolled and active students and is a primary source of our business offerings and revenue. If you are looking for a way to easily offer online courses to a large community, I highly suggest checking out Thinkific.
  • It was straightforward to get everything set up and ready to go. Within a day, I had all of our payment processing systems, CRM, and WordPress website integrated.
  • It provides a great user experience for students. We have had little to no complaints about how to navigate their online courses and access their content.
  • I'd like to see their affiliate link functionality be a bit more robust and flexible. For example, we'd like to host the course landing/sales pages on our WordPress website, but to do that, we have to create a redirect in Thinkific. This makes for unique user experience if someone clicks our affiliate link - they're taken to one page and 10 seconds later redirected to another page.
  • Their quiz feature is tricky if you're trying to do something that is "self-assessment" based versus having right or wrong questions.
  • I have actually already recommended Thinkific to a variety of colleagues!
  • Thinkific is excellent for anyone looking to set up an online course and doesn't want the hassle and cost of a custom platform. It can be expensive if you're going to white-label it (we do, and it costs $500/month), but that's much cheaper than the development cost of maintaining your own platform.
  • I love their "suggest a feature" feature - where you can ask for something you wish it had. (I've asked for a handful of things and have actually GOTTEN a few of them!)
  • They're very responsive whenever we've had questions or issues, though those have been minimal.
  • I was impressed by their customer outreach - their high-level folks spent over an hour on the phone with me getting my feedback so they could improve.
January 30, 2020
Thinkific is a wonderful learning management software. It is being used across the whole organization and I recommend it to clients. This software helps us solve the problem of storing and presenting training materials. Instead of creating separate documents, videos, PDFs and PowerPoint presentations this also use to combine various types of media into one platform.
  • Classroom-style course outlines.
  • Quizzes and other knowledge checks.
  • Better corporate pricing for users that are not charging for courses.
  • Allowing the users to be split versus paid and unpaid.
Online course creators are an area they do well for and seem to market to them. I would like to see a lower price point for those users that are not charging for their courses. It is well suited for finding and storing all kinds of training materials in one location.
There were not many instances that we need or needed to reach out to support. The support levels depend on your plan. But the support was far-ranging. Customer support consists of blogs, resource centers, and countless FAQs. They do make it easy for you to find your own resources and they have a Facebook group you can join to connect with other users.
January 27, 2020
Joe Gatto | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Thinkific across the whole organization to create, host, and distribute our course to teach financial advisors how to do college planning for families with college-bound teens. Using Thinkific solved the problems of piecing together our course with various WordPress plugins, iframes, and payment processing software. We also can create a free course to generate leads by offering significant value to financial advisors who aren't going to go "all-in" on college planning but benefit from knowing more.
  • It's easy to create a course website
  • Thinkific courses look professional
  • The WSIWYG could be better
  • The templates could be slicker
Thinkific is well suited to small organizations that don't have the time or skill to make a beautiful course website from scratch. It's great for start-ups and soloprenuers who want to get their message out to the world and present it professionally. It's also great for creating excellent lead magnets.
I rate Thinkific a ten because of its excellent customer service, ease of use, high-quality product, fair price with excellent ROI, and because they keep making improvements. Using Thinkific solved the problems of piecing together our course with various WordPress plugins, iframes, and payment processing software. It's easy to create a course website for people who can't write code.
Read Joe Gatto's full review
August 09, 2019
Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc | TrustRadius Reviewer
As an online content creator and teacher, it is important that I'm able to create and host my teaching material on a mobile-friendly site that is accessible for students globally. Thinkific allows me to do just that whilst being able to integrate it with third-party tools that allow my business to work on autopilot whilst providing great online support for my students.
  • Ability to customise your school to match your branding and to therefore link to your own company website
  • Ability to upload images, videos, presentations, PDFs and audio recordings as well as create quizzes to assess your students knowledge
  • Able to drip your course content for when it's ready to be released and not be pressurized to only publish a full course when it's ready
  • Integrate with third-party tools such as PayPal, MailChimp, Google analytics and Zapier to name a few
  • Promote individual courses on your website by embedding widgets
  • Although it has some great third-part integrations it would be great if it offered more such as links with email service providers such as MailerLite
  • Assignment feature to be available on the lower tier plans
  • Improve the file size uploads for images and videos
  • Provide a lot more themes
Thinkific is very well suited to start-up course creators with a low budget as it offers a free plan that currently allows you to create three courses and keep all the profit that comes from selling your courses. I love that it does not penalise you for being on a free plan with a transaction fee or withholding payment for 30 days as other course sites do.

For other new course creators needing to upload more than three courses to test out which is working best, Thinkific, unfortunately, wouldn't work for them as that's that limit. I understand the need to put limitations on the number of courses a company can create on a free plan but I think three is a little bit mean as other course sites offer up to 10.
It has been a while since I have had to contact support on Thinkific but when I have it has been ok. I'm talking a few years back when you would submit a ticket and it would take far too long to get assistance. Now with their Facebook group community, you find that you can go in there and get support, tips and advice from your peers who have experienced the same frustrations and have solutions you can implement.
Read Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc's full review
August 29, 2019
We use Thinkific to house our bestselling courses which have over 200,000 students. Thinkific is one of the key tools we use to both sell and host our courses. We believe online courses are one of the most scalable businesses out there and Thinkific helps us to streamline our course sales. We actually currently have Thinkific integrated with our main WordPress website at superhumanacademy.com, so it really touches every aspect of our business.
  • Ease of use: getting started with the software is really easy
  • The product team is world-class: they listen to feedback and regularly implement suggestions that we provide them.
  • Our students love the course experience
  • We also love how easy it is to integrate with our existing tech stack—Zapier, Active Campaign, etc.
  • Upsells are tough. We have to do lots of custom stuff.
  • The checkout process is also not very customizable.
  • A/B testing options are very limited. We have to do lots of work arounds to effectively test things.
Anyone looking to scale their business by leveraging online courses should be using Thinkific. We also use it for onboarding new team members, and for our new coaching program. Really anywhere where you'd want to distribute knowledge in a professional setting, I'd use Thinkific. It's not really appropriate for uses outside of video, because the page builders they have aren't the best in my opinion.
Their support team is incredible. They get back to you really fast and are very attentive and willing to help. They often take our suggestions into account and create product updates for us. If they don't have a solution right away, they work to make sure it gets solved.

Course authoring (8)
Course catalog or library (8)
Player/Portal (8)
Learning content (8)
Mobile friendly (8)
Progress tracking & certifications (8)
Assignments (7)
Compliance management (5)
Learning administration (8)
Learning reporting & analytics (8)
Social learning (7)

What is Thinkific?

Thinkific headquartered in Vancouver provides their learning management system for online course and content creators to distribute their lessons to unlimited students, featuring content schedule distribution, some marketing features, certifications, as well as quizzes and surveys.

Thinkific Pricing