Thinkific

An LMS that works for you!

January 31, 2020

Video Reviews (1)

Record

Basic

Pro

Premier

What is Thinkific?

Thinkific headquartered in Vancouver provides their learning management system for online course and content creators to distribute their lessons to unlimited students, featuring content schedule distribution, some marketing features, certifications, as well as quizzes and surveys.

Thinkific Video

This is a software unboxing created by the TrustRadius team which dives into Thinkific, the course creating and certification platform. This demonstration will test the limitations of the tool, how easy it is to setup and get started. Stay tuned to the end for the final review conclusion!

Thinkific Technical Details

What is Thinkific?

What is Thinkific's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 9.1.

Who uses Thinkific?

The most common users of Thinkific are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the E-Learning industry.

Simon Dunant | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Thinkific Plus to deliver our customer education programs at scale to clients and partners and we also use it for training our internal employees.

Previously we used a different self hosted LMS platform solution which we had to put a lot of resources into managing and supporting on the techstack side which was holding us back from focusing on actually delivering our learning effectively. Thinkific solved this for us because it is a SAAS based LMS, and took away all the hosting and maintenance headaches.

Thinkific was also way more user friendly than our previous LMS, and being cloud based gives us the opportunity to easily include other business users in the administration and operation of it. Thinkific really opens up the availability of an LMS to other areas of our business, meaning we can offer the power of online education to parts of our company that didn't realise the benefits it could offer.

Tameka Allen | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Thinkific to give clients access to my online courses. Some of those courses are stand-alone digital products and others accompany my service offerings. It helps me to generate additional revenue based on work I've done one time. And most importantly, it helps me to stop trading time for money.
Stephanie Herrera | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've found that Thinkific is the best-priced e-learning platform for my needs. I use it for my online art school and I love how everything works seamlessly. I use ClickFunnels to sell my courses and then make a connection to Thinkific through Zapier. To me, it's been the only choice, it allows me to keep track of all my students, their progress, enrollments, etc. Also I love I can just upload my video lessons directly in Thinkific without having to pay for Vimeo. I really like the look of the platform as well, it's very clean and neat. Thinkific basically solved all my e-learning needs.
Michael Chow | TrustRadius Reviewer
Before this pandemic and work from home or teaching on Zoom, I wanted to create an online course. Having an online system and teaching online are two different animals here. One leading online via Zoom means you are teaching face to face in real-time. While Thinkific, it's all Asynchronous.

There are pros and cons to both formats, but asynchronous is much easier to deal with learners in some parts. I found Thinkific an easy platform to get up to speed and running in no time at all. As long as you have the course outline, curriculum, or material, it will be a snap. If you don't, expect a bit of a climb.
Kate Murray, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Thinkific as a platform to deliver several digital courses. It is used for delivering content such as video modules, text, and downloads, but also serves the purpose of both lead generation as well as customer retention efforts. The main problem it solves is delivery of digital course content to multiple users.
We use Thinkific as an LMS for several online courses that have thousands of enrolled and active students and is a primary source of our business offerings and revenue. If you are looking for a way to easily offer online courses to a large community, I highly suggest checking out Thinkific.
Alvin Landicho | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Thinkific internally to provide a basic Cyber Security learning course for every new user on our system as part of the onboarding process. We also use it as an onboarding and training tool for another client who runs a program for high school students to learn the basics of accounting and bookkeeping while being paid for actual work, like an internship.
Thinkific is a wonderful learning management software. It is being used across the whole organization and I recommend it to clients. This software helps us solve the problem of storing and presenting training materials. Instead of creating separate documents, videos, PDFs and PowerPoint presentations this also use to combine various types of media into one platform.
Joe Gatto | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Thinkific across the whole organization to create, host, and distribute our course to teach financial advisors how to do college planning for families with college-bound teens. Using Thinkific solved the problems of piecing together our course with various WordPress plugins, iframes, and payment processing software. We also can create a free course to generate leads by offering significant value to financial advisors who aren't going to go "all-in" on college planning but benefit from knowing more.
We use Thinkific to house our bestselling courses which have over 200,000 students. Thinkific is one of the key tools we use to both sell and host our courses. We believe online courses are one of the most scalable businesses out there and Thinkific helps us to streamline our course sales. We actually currently have Thinkific integrated with our main WordPress website at superhumanacademy.com, so it really touches every aspect of our business.
Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc | TrustRadius Reviewer
As an online content creator and teacher, it is important that I'm able to create and host my teaching material on a mobile-friendly site that is accessible for students globally. Thinkific allows me to do just that whilst being able to integrate it with third-party tools that allow my business to work on autopilot whilst providing great online support for my students.