Reviews (1-5 of 5)
March 12, 2020
Score 8 out of 10
ProLaw is a great practice management and document management solution. IT is an all-inclusive software that will revolutionize a law firm. It has an answer to most legal-specific issues and is designed for law firms. It provides a single pane of glass for keeping clients and matters organized and easy to access and categorize documents and/or templates.
- Organize clients and matters.
- Categorize and force structure to documents.
- Provide collaboration opportunities and easy search-ability.
- Installation and maintenance of application hooks can be cumbersome.
- Troubleshooting small annoyances is prevalent.
- Complicated compatibility matrix with operating systems and Office/Adobe versions.
- Regular updates for maintenance and large scale upgrades are an "all hands on deck" downtime situation.
Read Derek Schroeder's full review
ProLaw is a great solution, especially when one is a startup law firm. It is an amazing solution that covers MANY bases for organizing a company and providing collaboration opportunities. The software can be a tad pricey, which may scare away many customers, but the bang for the buck is there as ProLaw covers practice management AND document management.
March 14, 2020
Score 7 out of 10
Thomson Reuters ProLaw is an excellent solution for our organization. It affords us the ability to search legal briefings and prior court rulings as they relate to our content. By utilizing this platform we are able to save a great deal of legal costs by doing our own research instead of engaging external legal advisors.
Read this authenticated review
Thomson Reuters ProLaw is excellent in terms of general brief search functionality. Where it's tougher to use is when you are looking for in-depth briefs/specifics of a case and extrapolating that to your organization. If you are looking for high-level data on a case this is an excellent solution, when you need granular information it is less appropriate.
November 01, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
We utilize ProLaw to manage our entire organization. We use it to document any and all legal matter information, billing, etc. The software is all encompassing so it really addresses all issues. When searching legal software it was really difficult to find a software program similar to what I was used to utilizing in the fortune 500 businesses that handled everything a law firm needed to do. I was excited when I finally stumbled onto ProLaw after a six-month search and trial of numerous programs.
- ProLaw allows you to bill your time simply and highly effectively which makes the program valuable.
- The accounting portion of the software is set up to be very simple to use even for those who are not versed in accounting. It is a simple deposit into an account and a check out of the account.
- The ability to create custom document templates allows you to save countless hours of wasted time cutting and pasting when used in conjunction with stock and custom matter data tabs.
- When the proper business practices are put in place, the properly organized data contained within a matter can allow even non legal employees the ability to provide first class customer service to clients with questions on their legal matter.
- ProLaw has been working on easier ways to add multiple documents to emails without flipping back and forth or changing document names to the storage number of the document in its database.
- Although you can export billing information to an excel sheet, it would be beneficial if one could print all billed items for a matter that included the description of the billed event rather than just the amounts. Currently the only way to do this would be by printing statements.
Read Sean Storch's full review
I feel this software platform is beneficial to companies of all scales and honestly cannot think of a scenario that it would not be appropriate. ProLaw addressed all issues concerning the documentation, organization, and managing of all legal matters. It provided a robust document preparation platform and allows me to customize almost every aspect of the system. ProLaw provides excellent support for issues and will assist you in creating business practices around the program for a fee. Most importantly it provides a sound way to manage and know your finances including up to the minute financial information for all legal matters when the proper business practices are present.
My current law firm uses ProLaw throughout the entire organization. We use all of the features of ProLaw in both front and back-office operations. ProLaw provides us with an all in one solution for our law firm needs from timekeeping, contact management, document management to accounting and financial reporting.
- Through system security attorneys, paralegals, secretaries and accounting staff have access to our client's entire files at their fingertips. Whether it be contact info, documents, case status and/or financial information.
- There are a multitude of ways for timekeepers to enter their time into the system. I don't have to worry about fitting a square peg into a round hole, rather there is probably a solution for a particular timekeeper already built into the system.
- The flexibility of SSRS report writing allows me to basically get any report/combination of reports I need to operate the business.
- ProLaw could use expanded mobile features and/or make the Portal part of the program rather than a separate piece to purchase.
- I'd love to have the old system of annual conferences wherein it was only ProLaw and many, many classes offered each day. Location much more low key and therefore less costly for firms to attend. I enjoyed the longer conference platform.
- Simplify report writing, not sure how but make it easier.
- Releases seem to be coming out too often, two a year are a lot, would rather see fixes than new releases.
Read Sandra Haislet's full review
I use to think ProLaw was for a big firm but I no longer think that is has a limit. I see the value to small firms due to the all in one functionality. ProLaw actually works wonderfully for firms who have a few people with many job tasks or oversight as everything is at their fingertips.
I find it is best in hourly or flat billing firms rather than contingency matters.
February 13, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
Our law firm uses ProLaw as our document management solution. It helps us keep case files organized, updated, and reachable at all times. Everyone at our firm uses the program every day — from reception all the way to attorney partners. ProLaw has greatly reduced the need for physical files and paperwork in our office.
- Document management - ProLaw keeps everything organized very well by case, document type, and more.
- Easy User Interface - Easily learned by everyone in our office with no need for regular support or in-depth training
- Straightforward design - For the most part, ProLaw keeps all the tools right in front of you without any need for looking around or playing with program
- Not much export functionality - can be difficult to export entire files or cases, requiring additional third-part software for large export jobs
- No folder functionality - Folders are replaced by "children" which makes it difficult to deal with files that come in separate folders.
- Strange Query function - advanced query seems to work with its own language and formulas, making it hard to look for specific files. Poor sidekick to the very powerful quick-find.
Read Matthew Harvey's full review
Law firms or attorneys looking to manage case files digitally, go completely or partially paperless, or that want to modernize their approach to document management should look in to ProLaw. Probably not very suitable to anyone outside the legal realm, but incredibly powerful for lawyers and their firms.
Thomson Reuters ProLaw Scorecard Summary
About Thomson Reuters ProLaw
Categories: Law Practice Management
Thomson Reuters ProLaw Technical Details