ThoughtSpot is an analytics platform that enables users to leverage natural language search and AI to find data insights and tap into the most cutting edge innovations the cloud data ecosystem has to offer. The vendor states companies can put...
It's easy to use and very user friendly.
With some help you are able to adjust and do things yourself in about an hour.
The lay-out is great and buttons make sense.
That makes it flexible and easy the create the overview you want. This way it's easy to answer the data questions as they promise. Great product.
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Report sharing and collaboration (72)8.282%
- Customizable dashboards (74)8.080%
- Drill-down analysis (74)7.878%
- Formatting capabilities (73)7.373%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of ThoughtSpot, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
ThoughtSpot is an analytics platform that enables users to leverage natural language search and AI to find data insights and tap into the most cutting edge innovations the cloud data ecosystem has to offer. The vendor states companies can put the power of their modern data stack in the hands of every employee, extend the value of their data to partners and customers, and automate entire business processes. Customers can take advantage of ThoughtSpot’s web and mobile applications to improve decision making for every employee. With ThoughtSpot’s low-code development platform, customers can also embed consumer-grade analytics into their SaaS offerings or build entirely new interactive data apps that engage users and keep them coming back for more. The vendor states organizations like Walmart, BT, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Royal Bank of Canada, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Metromile, Workato, and Nationwide Building Society ruse ThoughtSpot to transform how their employees and customers take advantage of data.
- Supported: Administration via Web Interface
- Supported: Live Connection to External Data
- Supported: Snapshot of External Data
- Supported: In-memory data model
- Supported: OLAP (Pre-processed cube representation)
- Supported: ROLAP (SQL-layer querying)
- Supported: Multi-Data Source Reporting (Blending)
- Supported: Data warehouse / dictionary layer
- Supported: ETL Capability
- Supported: MS Excel Workbooks
- Supported: Text Files (CSV, etc)
- Supported: Oracle
- Supported: MS SQL Server
- Supported: IBM DB2
- Supported: Postgres
- Supported: MySQL
- Supported: ODBC
- Supported: Cloudera Hadoop
- Supported: Hortonworks Hadoop
- Supported: EMC Greenplum
- Supported: IBM Netezza
- Supported: HP Vertica
- Supported: SAP Hana
- Supported: Teradata
- Supported: Salesforce
- Supported: SAP
- Supported: Google Analytics
- Supported: Customizable dashboards
- Supported: Drill-down analysis
- Supported: Formatting capabilities
- Supported: Predictive modeling
- Supported: Integration with R or other statistical packages
- Supported: Report sharing and collaboration
- Supported: Publish to Web
- Supported: Publish to PDF
- Supported: Output Raw Supporting Data
- Supported: Report Delivery Scheduling
- Supported: Delivery to Remote Servers
- Supported: Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
- Supported: Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization
- Supported: Predictive Analytics
- Supported: Support for Machine Learning models
- Supported: Pattern Recognition and Data Mining
- Supported: Integration with R or other statistical packages
- Supported: Multi-User Support (named login)
- Supported: Role-Based Security Model
- Supported: Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
- Supported: Report-Level Access Control
- Supported: Table-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
- Supported: Field-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
- Supported: Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Supported: Responsive Design for Web Access
- Supported: Mobile Application
- Supported: Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile
- Supported: REST API
- Supported: iFrames
- Supported: Themeable User Interface (UI)
- Supported: Search-driven analytics
- Supported: Deploy on-premises
- Supported: Deploy on AWS
- Supported: Deploy on Google Cloud Platform
- Supported: Deploy on Azure
- Supported: Available as a managed service
|Deployment Types||On-premise, Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages||English, Dansk, Deutsche, Español, Français, Italiano, Nederland, Norsk, Português, Suomi, Svenska, 中文(简体), 日本語|
Microsoft Power BI
MS SharePoint / SQL
Microsoft BI (MSBI)
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence (BI) Platform
- Thoughtspot allows users to easily access data for ad hoc reporting.
- Great features including notifications, drilldowns, and search.
- Easy user access management.
- We ran into issues when it came to modeling our data because we have billions of rows of data.
- Sometimes creating the calculations was difficult.
- Beautiful visualizations. The visuals are distinct, clean, and easy to discern from one another.
- Intelligent querying functionality. When looking to manipulate the data, the search function makes it easy to manipulate the features in the data, along with aggregating them in the way you'd like.
- Embedding! It has been a smooth process thus far for our product & technical teams to work with ThoughtSpot and bring it into our product.
- Drill down in a dashboard could be improved, with the ability to click around the various visuals to then filter down the entire dashboard (i.e., click on a date and all visuals reflect data from that date).
- For some of the visuals, additional color representation would be nice in some cases. When working with the sentiment, sometimes a green to red gradient is desired by an end-user.
- Clean UI, I like the UI as it looks very clean and modern.
- Filters, ability to create custom filers and explore data underlying in tables.
- It would be great if ThoughtSpot can add the feature to filter by clicking on visualizations. i.e if I click on a particular data point in the chart if the full dashboard can filter just for that particular data point.
- Color coding the heatmap with different colors like green to orange to red.
- Providing insights based on questions
- Real time fast insights
- Embedding the insights
- Improve on costing
- Simplify the usage of TML
- Assertive analysis and insights collected in a few seconds.
- Report and dashboard customization.
- It has artificial intelligence to analyze complex and large data in a short time.
- Greater productivity and time savings.
- The level of customization is high, but it lacks some graphic details like colors and others.
- Other font options are also lacking.
- A great tool that provides you with SQL for any search you do.
- ThoughtSpot is a business-friendly tool and will charge you based on the amount of storage used
- It helps us to gather data from different environments and bring it to our organization to improve decision-making
- The customer support team is too late in answering queries and questions which is very frustrating when you are in a hurry.
- User-friendly and customizable interface.
- Function to create personalized reports and rich in details of the analyzed data.
- Very fast and accurate in the content filter.
- Smart dashboard, graphs and tables to illustrate the information to the analyst.
- Real time analysis.
- Graphs are excellent ways of visualizing the data, but I feel like there are very few options available in terms of choice. It can be improved.
- It's complex for beginners. Training or intensive is required to learn all the features and get the most out of the software.
- Better chart recommendations
- Visualizations are often not effective
- Easy to use UI
- Wide selections of visualizations
- Embrace Connector
- Drill down filter/ability to apply a filter to pinboard by clicking directly on the visualizations
- Lack of color customization
- More charts size options/ability to customize the charts size and shape
- Easy to embed
- Easy to deploy
- last mile capabilities
- great search analytics
- drill downs
- flashy visualizations
- AI thresholding
- Search Option
- Business user friendly
- AI powered tool
- Quick TMT
- Limitation on visualizations
- Graph - Chart options
- Colour changes options / Formatings Improvements
- Answer arrangement options on Pinboard
- Its very fast in retrieving data
- data model creation seems to be easy handled
- search option is great
- Need more vizualizations
- Limitations in lot of cosmetic changes like font ,color etc
- Drill down function have to be improved
- Data visualization
- Data summary
- Generating report tables
- Data manipulation
- Merging related data sources
- Model building
- Statistical analysis
- ThoughtSpot provides the ease of creating reports based on the metrics you're looking for.
- I personally like how you can have a report template and then easily add new columns to your report based on your KPI's.
- I like how you can add visual graphs to the pinboard and it's not just the data, but I also like that you can export the data into excel so you or your customer can manipulate the data to achieve the look and feel you're looking for.
- There's not really anything that I don't like. In fact, I wish I had more access to the backend features (and not just our engineering team), so I could create even more reports.
- It provides user-friendly access to complex analysis for those with limited program experience.
- It has a fair pricing model with unlimited users that pay for the data processing usage.
- It provides good customer service and partnership that's reliable and able to solve issues quickly.
- I would appreciate easier access to test or pilots for implementation.
- I would like a "lite" version for new or non-power users.
- Embedding reports into a multi tenant SaaS product
- Creating custom dashboards
- Data exploration via natural search
- Ability to build a single dashboard tile containing the main value, a sparkline, and a percent change over time
- Easy way to build a user experience that allows for selecting different metrics to trend from a drop-down on a multi-axis graph
- Ease of use for non-technical users
- Provides quick insights
- Ease of use to connect to data
- Custom reporting capabilities for application usage for clients to develop
- Content management to group or assign content by different entities
- Quick to insights
- Beautiful charts
- Easy to set up
- Print to PDF is not fully supported and that has a big impact on sharing pinboards with executives.
- In my opinion, customer support is slow to react and often leads to an endless circle of tickets that sometimes never get resolved. I feel like this involves finger-pointing from one team to another and I find it very frustrating.
- The search bar is really nothing like Google search. In my experience, the cursor moves in odd places and the results of a basic search are far more difficult to get than a Google search. I feel like it's a long way to go here.
- ThoughtSpot is great at using artificial intelligence to give some automated insights from data.
- ThoughtSpot allows you to source data from multiple data stores like Redshift, Excel, etc.
- Querying on ThoughtSpot is super easy.
- It provides a wide variety of visualization.
- Since ThoughtSpot is not widely used, there are very few tutorials.
- ThoughtSpot needs to include a lot more customization in their visualizations.
- Sometimes, ThoughtSpot is buggy and clients need to contact their support to resolve issues.
- Integration with Snowflake
- On-the-fly analytics
- Easy to use
- Limited visualization charts options
- Look & feel of the charts (limited customization options, like colors, etc.)
- Performance on large data sets
- Fast - never have to wait a long time for data to load
- Easy to use
- Can save your favorite searches
- You have to know exactly what key words to search for
- Ask questions in a natural and meaningful way with a business mindset not restricted by IT skills
- Develop further insights based on search results and recommendations, and vote on quality and relevancy
- Totally shield complexity of tech from end user, so users have consumer-grade UX
- We are surprised to see how this benefited data management and governance
- The productivity gain is enormous
- Customizable UI with minimum coding
- Link to main stream ML platform such as Databricks and AWS Sagemaker
- Ease of access to company data
- Easy to create and manage pinboards
- I can pull data at any moment for any questions from leaders
- I can review and understand trends and build easy to read reports
- It could be easier to create new worksheets using views
- They removed the ability to have hyperlinks work inside of the search. I use to use hyperlinks in my pinboards but they are no longer clickable.
- Combine multiple sources / databases
- Click and play / drag and drop -> ease to use
- Cloud based so always available
- Possible to work at the same time with multiple users
- Quick and easy learning
- More training video's for beginners
- Example or standard reports to show what's possible
- Ability to update and make dashboards.
- Easy to collaborate with other team members.
- Simple interface.
- For us as an organization, the hardest part is making sure we're aligned on how we look at the data.
- It can be easy for data to be manipulated in different ways (this goes along with the first bullet point).