Reviews (1-3 of 3)
- Hardware/Server Monitoring is the core functionality and it does it very well.
- The alerting engine is very powerful and easy to administer and configure.
- The interface is very easy to use and the menu system is easy to navigate and find what you are looking for.
- The search options work well and allow you to easily find data.
- It is a not a true network monitoring/troubleshooting platform even though users sometimes try to use it as such. We initially purchased the product for just Network monitoring and found it lacking in certain areas. There are far superior tools built specifically for Network Monitoring.
- Support is average at best and this is a place where lots of product companies stumble. They are not bad at support, but just average.
- Alerting is powerful but you can easily get lost in the options if you are not careful and end up blasting users with tons of emails. Need to get training and experiment with a small user base before enterprise rollout.
We use our ThousandEyes monitoring solution to create test paths, quality metrics and insights to the worldwide traffic. This is a partnership gamechanger for us – and my datacenter vendors like that I can talk to their level of understanding regional traffic and customer requirements. This creates a strong partnership with my providers and by extension better service to my customers.
Conversely to my providers, I can take our tests and provide live shares to our customer's Operations teams to drill down into response times, QOS and all delivery metrics from over 100 ThousandEyes test centers to our datacenters every few minutes. We test our 14 centers every 3-5 seconds from somewhere in the world.
They are core to our building trust in our services and our infrastructure. During Thanksgiving in 2016 when there was a 10Gb core route outage in Germany affecting all of central Europe and even routes to APAC and USA. TE alerted us early and we were able to provide charts and route issues to our affected customers. It changed what their perception was of “You are failing” to “the tubes were broken”. RichRelevance earned the trust of many of our customers in Europe that day. We were able to inform our customer faster and more detailed than their carrier/provider did – allowing them to get rerouted and back up within 30 mins. We have since used this tool to solve issues across the world within minutes, from bad routes to server latency, poor page loads or problematic customer implementations. We provide access to our Consultants, engineers and even customers via our NUC loaner program.
Since then we have expanded into using the Device Layer product, Agent to Agent testing and also bought the Intel NUC's that we share with customers to place ThousandEyes Enterprise agents inside their networks when they are experiencing issues. This provides true round-trip end to end metrics/insights via their Agent to Agent testing. This has created a really great partnership with the merchant's tech teams and RichRelevance's - having champions in the IT department is an awesome card to carry.
- Agent to Agent testing. Full round trip test. Have a customer using a Server Side API that is having an issue. Loan a Nuc, or have them install the ThousandEyes agent in their network. You'll find the issue guaranteed.
- Device Layer vision - ability to see from the server, through the Firewall, switches Proxy and internet. Measure jitter, latency, response time, load time and see the path your packet takes.
- Share your tests live. Provide the customer a link to a live test, they can see what you do, review your metrics and verify your tests. They can also use it as a tool to better their service. Build the trust and stickiness with your customers' most difficult users - the IT Operations team.
- Validate your QOS and routes for VOIP, video conferences, and data traffic. Highly flexible and configurable complete with transaction-based testing, custom headers, calls and tools to mimic any scenario you need.
- Continue to innovate and support more and more services. In the world of IOT and point to point traffic being more and more prevalent creating a flexible product is fantastic. Build on the end user product, last mile and even more sharing.
For those that already have a mish mash of 3-5 products to do this (APMs, network monitors, application monitors) you may not want to rip out all that custom work that you built.
- Detailed internet path analysis - helps us provide data to our ISPs when we experience upstream issues and get to a resolution more quickly.
- Customer internet issues - we can also provide our customers geographic and ISP path analysis to identify when there are pathing problems outside our network and point them towards ISP-level recolution instead of debating whose network the issue is in.
- Alerting of peering and reachability issues.
- Pricing model is pretty steep with limited flexibility. You can't use "points" from one product to another for example. Also would like to see some applied credit capability - like if we host some endpoints why can't those be a credit towards our account?
- Would love to see some integration with some other data like Internet health, ISP outages and alerts etc.
- Possibly some kind of common-style explanation or description of where problems are within a specific timeframe. It takes a bit of hunting and digging to isolate an issue within a complex bidirectional path.
Not as ideal for service-level monitoring - i.e. does not replace an external service monitoring solution to provide broad performance analytics.
ThousandEyes Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
ThousandEyes is a network intelligence platform that delivers visibility into every network an organization relies on, whether public or private. ThousandEyes enables users to optimize application delivery, end-user experience, and ongoing infrastructure investments.
The vendor’s value proposition is that ThousandEyes has innovated an approach based on an unmatched distribution of smart agents across the Internet and enterprise, providing visibility all the way to the end user. ThousandEyes gathers and analyzes massive volumes of network intelligence data from all of these vantage points, enabling organizations to solve even their most obscure performance problems in minutes. By using ThousandEyes in the planning and testing phases of cloud adoption, customers can also strategically identify and fix underlying problems before production deployment of business-critical applications.
Additionally, the vendor says the ThousandEyes solution is ubiquitous across industry sectors; customers have come from a diverse set of industry sectors, which include Silicon Valley technology companies, financial services, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, retail, manufacturing, and education.
ThousandEyes Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
ThousandEyes Technical Details