Reviews (1-2 of 2)
November 14, 2017
Score 5 out of 10
TIBCO MDM is being used as a customer domain across a handful of systems to keep customer information accurate and consistent. Our current implementation uses very little of the functionality provided by MDM but still proves to be useful, especially with the use of Patterns.
- Auditing/versioning/event logs are helpful and effective.
- Data model is very capable and flexible and provides advanced functionality out of the box.
- Highly customizable, almost intimidating the number of options.
- The bundled components (Patterns and ActiveSpaces) are necessary and are what really give the tool so many capabilities.
- The out-of-the-box UI and APIs are somewhat kludgy outside of for integration purposes.
- Configuration can be somewhat difficult, even with the configurator we sometimes face difficulty getting elements to be configured properly.
- There are many dependencies for the product to run and it sometimes is dependent on specific versions (WebLogic) of tools to operate correctly.
Read John Rensberger's full review
There's no doubt that MDM is a very capable tool, however due to the complex configuration it can sometimes be difficult to get everything to function correctly. The out-of-the-box configurations gives you a lot of options, but we're finding this isn't usually friendly enough to be usable without additional customization.
TIBCO MDM s used in a CRM project and uses many TIBCO products, TIBCO FOS, TIBCO Business Events, TIBCO Business Works, Randez, Vous, etc. It's a big project that has a goal to substitute old CRM applications that manages all TIM clients (mobile, Residential, consumer, business). It permits us to have all information about all Commercial and Technical offers and their fulfillment plans.
- It maintains all versions of any object
- Good managing of data
- GUI - It's sometimes difficult to navigate in levels of objects offering. There is not a possibility to view in an easy way all of the products that are included in all offers (L0)
Read Avino Alessandro's full review
TIBCO MDM is not appropriate for a big catalog with a big number of offers, in which there are multiple (more than hundreds) objects and relations with other products.