TimeCamp Reviews

July 22, 2021
Kate Woodward | TrustRadius Reviewer
TimeCamp is a 100% free tracker for teams. It is a great tool for everyone as it is available completely free. Time is one of the most important things in our life and when at times you are lost in deadlines and tons of work then TimeCamp appears to be your huge helper. It does not matter if you are an individual or a company, you can easily use TimeCamp with all features.
  • TimeCamp has an easily understandable user interface so that the configuration process goes pretty smoothly and swiftly.
  • It allows multiple levels of billing rates and does a great job tracking.
  • TimeCamp integrates with most of the popular project management software that are available in the market today.
  • TimeCamp is a little bit expensive. It needs overall improvement in all tools. Moreover, the mobile version is not as useful as the web version of TimeCamp.
  • Other than that, customer service needs more attention and requires more improvement.
  • Also, I feel like that if there are more features of TimeCamp then it would be better.
I would recommend TimeCamp if you need to save time. TimeCamp helps you by saving your time a lot. It builds your monthly reports. I would also recommend TimeCamp because this one is more customizable and user-friendly than other options that are available in the market.
Read Kate Woodward's full review
June 28, 2021
Sarah Arrillaga | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using this platform and I can say
that it has been worth buying for me. It gives me all the insights and data
which I have to calculate manually to check the time frame. Pretty much
satisfied with their services and I would definitely recommend this to other organizations to have in their ecosystem to better perform. It has been helping me a lot to make reasonable changes in my work actions to be more productive at work and save a
lot of time.
  • I have been using this software for a very long time in the organization and it has a big impact on my work as it gives me all the time frames and information on a precise scale which is making me more confident and more productive at work.
  • The best feature that TimeCamp has that it has the best reporting system.
  • It gives me the details of how much time I am spending on the task which helps me to manage my activities and time according to it.
  • The biggest drawback that I am facing for a long time is their mobile app.
  • The mobile app is a bit slow and becomes laggy sometimes during the report which results in a waste of time and loss of data of that activity.
  • It needs to be more modernized and more visual to have the best report feature and gives eye-catching reports on the go.
TimeCamp is one of the best time tracking,
monitoring, and optimizing software available in the market with full of
advanced features. TimeCamp is loaded with all the features that are required to
be perfect in this niche.
Read Sarah Arrillaga's full review
February 21, 2020
Jeff Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use TimeCamp throughout our entire organization. TimeCamp is a good stand-alone tool, we use it as an add-on to Trello. TimeCamp is very reasonable as far as price and does a great job of tracking client billing time, as well as unbilled computer time. This provides a cost-effective solution to tracking all our client billing. However, I do want to point out that TimeCamp by itself is a very robust tool, especially for the price. Perfect for a freelancer or small agency.
  • TimeCamp does what it is made to do and it does it very well. It allows multiple levels of billing rates and does a great job tracking.
  • TImeCamp does take a little bit of time to set up, but that is no different than any other tool. The interface is easily understandable so the configuration goes pretty quickly.
  • The interface is pretty good, but it could be better with some slight restructuring.
  • One thing that can be a bit annoying is the "Task" bar that displays on the screen showing the task and time. It is there to help you to remember to stop time when you end a task. It is needed but it would be nice if there were some design aspects to it so it could be made smaller.
TimeCamp is a simple low-cost solution to tracking billed client time on a project level. Smaller agencies and freelancers will find TImeCamp to be a great tool. Even if you are using something else I would suggest a look at TimeCamp as I feel it is that good.

I don't see TimeCamp as a viable solution for a larger marketing firm or any other type of business that bills based on time. Maybe if a single department was using it, but for a large company overall, I do not see this as a viable solution.
I am giving support a rating of 8 but that is quite arbitrary. Honestly, we have never had the need to contact support for any reason. There has not been a situation where we became stuck and could not figure out how to work through it. Sign up was easy and billing is like clockwork so there has been no need to contact billing support.

I think this is a testament to the ease of use of TimeCamp.
Read Jeff Smith's full review
October 22, 2019
Jason Montoya | TrustRadius Reviewer
When I first launched into freelancing, I created a spreadsheet for how I wanted to track my billable hours. Once I got the system in place, I explored different time tracking systems and was excited to come across the freelancer-friendly TimeCamp. Not only would it allow me to track my time with their Windows desktop widget, my iPhone, and the web-based interface, it also had solid reporting features. These reports are how I know where I'm at with my clients in terms of accumulated hours, days, weeks, months and years. These reports also allow me to slice and dice the data in numerous helpful ways. With four years of use, it's been a fruitful experience.
  • Easy time tracking with the Windows desktop app.
  • Time tracking management for editing and adding entries manually.
  • In-depth reporting with unlimited view possibilities.
  • iPhone app for tracking and viewing time entries.
  • Allows for computer activity tracking. Is helpful for fixing time entries, when I've incorrectly assigned my time.
  • The name seems to indicate its connection with BaseCamp, but it's a separate company.
  • The desktop widget could look a little nicer.
For freelancers tracking time, it's a no-brainer. Makes it easy to track and know how much time was spent for each client. There is much more functionality available for companies and users of the many integrations that are available, but as a freelancer, I've yet to need them.

For those seeking to look at the data, find trends, and explore opportunities, the TimeCamp reporting is super easy and helpful to accomplish this objective.
Read Jason Montoya's full review
February 01, 2018
Barbara Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am working at a marketing department for a global company. We are working as a team and we had time management problems and we needed to increase our time management skills and productivity. We met with Timecamp, at first we had doubts about this program because we used a different program before but it was not fit for us and for our organization. After meeting we saw that it is full of significant futures like automatic and manual time tracking, internal chat and budgeting. TimeCamp was a great tool for us and we decided to work with it and still, now we are using TimeCamp.
  • TimeCamp can be used for desktop and mobile devices and work also as a browser extension.
  • TimeCamp is simple thing focusing on doing one thing well.
  • With multiple users TimeCamp has really cheap options.
  • The mobile version does not look use sophisticated colors as much as the website version. This should be improved.
  • Sometimes total time is not being calculated correctly.
  • Sometimes reports do not refresh when the timer runs.
For instance, if you want to work very effectively in your company with your teammates with Timecamp, It shows all the basic data you need to evaluate: total project hours, the budget remainder, and how much everyone has worked on which tasks. With this information, you can control your time and your teammates if everybody doing their job well. On the other hand, sometimes self evaluation of the day to differentiate between productive vs unproductive work also to observe work patterns which helps me to improve on where I am taking more time to complete specific tasks.
Read Barbara Johnson's full review
January 16, 2018
Albina Walczak | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used different programs for tracking time, but TimeCamp is best among all of them. It helps you to organize your time and spend your time wisely with more efficient ways. And with TimeCamp you can separate your day-time or work time to tasks from main ones to less important ones.
  • Quality service
  • Well designed
  • DIfferent way to keep organized
  • Little bit expensive
  • Mobile version would be great
  • Needs overall improvements of tools
Online timesheets and the summaries. I like the weekly summaries and the monthly summaries because they help me understand how my time is divided between several projects and how I used them for particular tasks. In my view this product can be improved and would be greater one. Recommended one.
Read Albina Walczak's full review
January 25, 2018
Wera Michalska | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am using Timecamp in my workplace almost every day with my team members. We were using a different kind of product and it was almost the same as Timecamp but then we faced some problems and we decided to use Timecamp instead. Thanks to some friends. Timecamp is easy to use and it provides us the ability to run multiple projects in the company.
  • It is a really safe and reliable software.
  • Projects are not limited by time.
  • Timecamp is not trying to get money from you like other software.
  • mobile version is not useful as much as web version.
  • sometimes on the website when you enter in time sheet, total time is not calculated correctly
  • graphical summary is only available on mobile version it should be improve on web version.
If you need to save time you do not have to worry, Timecamp helps you by saving your time. It is building your monthly reports. On the other hand, sometimes entries do not function properly when you connect to Timestamp. Sometimes you can fix some entry problems and you want to be fast but because of this problem you cannot be and you are under stress.
Read Wera Michalska's full review
February 20, 2017
Dailen Gunter | TrustRadius Reviewer
One of the biggest problems I face as a freelancer doing tech support is time tracking. I do a lot of "break-fix" stuff so I may have to drop what I'm doing and work on something completely different at any given moment. The biggest purpose of TimeCamp for me is the application tracking and particularly how it tracks titles and information within windows. TimeCamp enables me to know what I was doing, when I was doing it, and for how long I was doing it.
  • It provides me an excellent method by which to not only see what I was working on but gives me insight into how much cumulative time I did so with a particular task via the method by which it tracks information with window titles.
  • It allows me to see an overview of "wasted time", days when I spent too much time dwindling on Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
  • It tracks **ALL** time spent on the computer, not just when I activate tracking. My computers are used for work and fun. I often switch gears instantly and this allows me to capture everything even without needing to remember to "switch tasks".
  • TimeCamp **REALLY** needs a screenshot feature. It apparently may have had a beta feature at one point that tech support had to assist with enabling. When I contacted them, they said it was not available. They did not have a timeline for future availability.
A lot of similar tools make screenshots a part of the software but TimeCamp leaves this out. If I had my guess, I would say that storage may be a factor. I'd like to see software like TimeCamp integrate cloud storage as a method of implementing screenshots. Additionally, when I click on the Task Widget, nothing happens. I feel like SOMETHING should happen for some reason, particularly being able to switch tasks or work on something different. Maybe even provide some info about the current task or an option to exit the app. I've clicked on that thing a thousand times expecting something to happen without thinking about it, I'd just have the same menu pop up that appears when you right-click on the system tray icon.
Read Dailen Gunter's full review
March 16, 2017
Ramin Sultanov | TrustRadius Reviewer
TimeCamp is the best way to prioritize your time and manage it efficiently. Our company uses it for tracking time for several purposes. Everyone knows the time is most important thing in our life. And sometimes you are lost in deadlines and tons of works. Then Timecamp is your huge helper. It does not matter if you are an individual or a company, you can use its wide range of features.
  • Simple and powerful
  • Reasonable price
  • Perfect Design
  • I think extra features would be awesome.
  • Sometimes there are some minor issues.
  • Customer Service needs to be improved.
Well, sometimes you have lots of homework and other tasks that you have to do in time. And you absolutely don't have any idea for how you will do them. Then you have to use time tracking app like Timecamp. It is very useful and it provides many helpful tools for you. You have to use your time wisely.
Read Ramin Sultanov's full review

What is TimeCamp?

TimeCamp is a time tracking software with features that streamline time management processes. It allows users to track time automatically or add the entries manually to timesheets, depending on the user's preference. Its project tree structure with tags allows users to add as many tasks and subtasks to the projects that make everyday assignments more organized.

Users have at their disposal reports that show them important information about the team’s productivity, time and money budget consumption per each project. Based on tracked time and billing rates, users can generate invoices and send them straight to their clients.

TimeCamp also offers the attendance module that automates employees’ presence and absence management. Combined with billing rates, it's also perfect for payroll issues.

TimeCamp integrates with most of the popular project management, sales, accounting, collaboration CRM, and marketing tools.

TimeCamp Features

Has featureAutomatic time tracking
Has featureDaily timesheets
Has featureWeekly timesheets
Has featureReporting (including Revenue, Cost, Margin reports)
Has featureTimesheet approvals

Free$0For unlimited users
Basic$5.25Per User per Month
Pro$7.50Per User per Month
EnterpriseCustom

Free plan includes: unlimited users, unlimited rojects & tasks, project templates, bulk edit, desktop & mobile app, one integration, tags, PDF export

TimeCamp Customer Size Distribution