TimeCamp Reviews

Do you work for this company?

Jason Montoya profile photo
When I first launched into freelancing, I created a spreadsheet for how I wanted to track my billable hours. Once I got the system in place, I explored different time tracking systems and was excited to come across the freelancer-friendly TimeCamp. Not only would it allow me to track my time with their Windows desktop widget, my iPhone, and the web-based interface, it also had solid reporting features. These reports are how I know where I'm at with my clients in terms of accumulated hours, days, weeks, months and years. These reports also allow me to slice and dice the data in numerous helpful ways. With four years of use, it's been a fruitful experience.
  • Easy time tracking with the Windows desktop app.
  • Time tracking management for editing and adding entries manually.
  • In-depth reporting with unlimited view possibilities.
  • iPhone app for tracking and viewing time entries.
  • Allows for computer activity tracking. Is helpful for fixing time entries, when I've incorrectly assigned my time.
  • The name seems to indicate its connection with BaseCamp, but it's a separate company.
  • The desktop widget could look a little nicer.
For freelancers tracking time, it's a no-brainer. Makes it easy to track and know how much time was spent for each client. There is much more functionality available for companies and users of the many integrations that are available, but as a freelancer, I've yet to need them.

For those seeking to look at the data, find trends, and explore opportunities, the TimeCamp reporting is super easy and helpful to accomplish this objective.
Read Jason Montoya's full review
Barbara Johnson profile photo
I am working at a marketing department for a global company. We are working as a team and we had time management problems and we needed to increase our time management skills and productivity. We met with Timecamp, at first we had doubts about this program because we used a different program before but it was not fit for us and for our organization. After meeting we saw that it is full of significant futures like automatic and manual time tracking, internal chat and budgeting. TimeCamp was a great tool for us and we decided to work with it and still, now we are using TimeCamp.
  • TimeCamp can be used for desktop and mobile devices and work also as a browser extension.
  • TimeCamp is simple thing focusing on doing one thing well.
  • With multiple users TimeCamp has really cheap options.
  • The mobile version does not look use sophisticated colors as much as the website version. This should be improved.
  • Sometimes total time is not being calculated correctly.
  • Sometimes reports do not refresh when the timer runs.
For instance, if you want to work very effectively in your company with your teammates with Timecamp, It shows all the basic data you need to evaluate: total project hours, the budget remainder, and how much everyone has worked on which tasks. With this information, you can control your time and your teammates if everybody doing their job well. On the other hand, sometimes self evaluation of the day to differentiate between productive vs unproductive work also to observe work patterns which helps me to improve on where I am taking more time to complete specific tasks.
Read Barbara Johnson's full review
Albina Walczak profile photo
January 16, 2018

I love using Timecamp

We used different programs for tracking time, but TimeCamp is best among all of them. It helps you to organize your time and spend your time wisely with more efficient ways. And with TimeCamp you can separate your day-time or work time to tasks from main ones to less important ones.
  • Quality service
  • Well designed
  • DIfferent way to keep organized
  • Little bit expensive
  • Mobile version would be great
  • Needs overall improvements of tools
Online timesheets and the summaries. I like the weekly summaries and the monthly summaries because they help me understand how my time is divided between several projects and how I used them for particular tasks. In my view this product can be improved and would be greater one. Recommended one.
Read Albina Walczak's full review
Wera Michalska profile photo
I am using Timecamp in my workplace almost every day with my team members. We were using a different kind of product and it was almost the same as Timecamp but then we faced some problems and we decided to use Timecamp instead. Thanks to some friends. Timecamp is easy to use and it provides us the ability to run multiple projects in the company.
  • It is a really safe and reliable software.
  • Projects are not limited by time.
  • Timecamp is not trying to get money from you like other software.
  • mobile version is not useful as much as web version.
  • sometimes on the website when you enter in time sheet, total time is not calculated correctly
  • graphical summary is only available on mobile version it should be improve on web version.
If you need to save time you do not have to worry, Timecamp helps you by saving your time. It is building your monthly reports. On the other hand, sometimes entries do not function properly when you connect to Timestamp. Sometimes you can fix some entry problems and you want to be fast but because of this problem you cannot be and you are under stress.
Read Wera Michalska's full review
Dailen Gunter profile photo
One of the biggest problems I face as a freelancer doing tech support is time tracking. I do a lot of "break-fix" stuff so I may have to drop what I'm doing and work on something completely different at any given moment. The biggest purpose of TimeCamp for me is the application tracking and particularly how it tracks titles and information within windows. TimeCamp enables me to know what I was doing, when I was doing it, and for how long I was doing it.
  • It provides me an excellent method by which to not only see what I was working on but gives me insight into how much cumulative time I did so with a particular task via the method by which it tracks information with window titles.
  • It allows me to see an overview of "wasted time", days when I spent too much time dwindling on Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
  • It tracks **ALL** time spent on the computer, not just when I activate tracking. My computers are used for work and fun. I often switch gears instantly and this allows me to capture everything even without needing to remember to "switch tasks".
  • TimeCamp **REALLY** needs a screenshot feature. It apparently may have had a beta feature at one point that tech support had to assist with enabling. When I contacted them, they said it was not available. They did not have a timeline for future availability.
A lot of similar tools make screenshots a part of the software but TimeCamp leaves this out. If I had my guess, I would say that storage may be a factor. I'd like to see software like TimeCamp integrate cloud storage as a method of implementing screenshots. Additionally, when I click on the Task Widget, nothing happens. I feel like SOMETHING should happen for some reason, particularly being able to switch tasks or work on something different. Maybe even provide some info about the current task or an option to exit the app. I've clicked on that thing a thousand times expecting something to happen without thinking about it, I'd just have the same menu pop up that appears when you right-click on the system tray icon.
Read Dailen Gunter's full review
Ramin Sultanov profile photo
TimeCamp is the best way to prioritize your time and manage it efficiently. Our company uses it for tracking time for several purposes. Everyone knows the time is most important thing in our life. And sometimes you are lost in deadlines and tons of works. Then Timecamp is your huge helper. It does not matter if you are an individual or a company, you can use its wide range of features.
  • Simple and powerful
  • Reasonable price
  • Perfect Design
  • I think extra features would be awesome.
  • Sometimes there are some minor issues.
  • Customer Service needs to be improved.
Well, sometimes you have lots of homework and other tasks that you have to do in time. And you absolutely don't have any idea for how you will do them. Then you have to use time tracking app like Timecamp. It is very useful and it provides many helpful tools for you. You have to use your time wisely.
Read Ramin Sultanov's full review

TimeCamp Scorecard Summary

About TimeCamp

TimeCamp is cloud based, multi-platform (Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android) time tracking and invoicing software.