Reviews (1-3 of 3)
February 14, 2020
Score 6 out of 10
TimeClock Plus is currently used for four business units to track hours worked and paid time off. We previously used manual timesheets for these entities, and it has made the reporting process much more efficient. Some companies have hourly workers clock in and out, while others use schedules to populate the timesheet and then allow editing for overtime.
- Allows customized schedules for auto populating timesheets.
- Request calendar shows status of time off requests for direct reports for managers - see all-time off segments at one time.
- Email notifications for entered requests do not always work, and the system will not send notifications from a manager user to a manager user.
- We set up schedules to run each morning to populate timesheets, but there have been many times when the schedules did not run, and hours were missing.
Read this authenticated review
- We pay current instead of in arrears, so we are always estimating hours for the last day worked. This causes problems and additional administrative work for the workers who clock in and out. This is our internal issue, but TimeClock Plus isn't well suited for this.
- I have data files sent from the HR system with rules and macros to put them into the network folders for automatic import into TimeClock Plus. There are no logs to ensure that the data has loaded. I have to check records manually.
- TimeClock Plus works very well for exempt employees who have regular schedules and enter time off. We have a custom export file for our HR system, and that works beautifully.
June 06, 2017
Score 5 out of 10
When I started at my current role the entire company was utilizing TimeClock Plus, including salaried team members. Primarily the company was using it for accountability and to keep track of the amount of hours our employees were working and utilize this information for resourcing purposes. This definitely made sense for our hourly team members.
- We were able to have it on team members' personal desktop or accessible on a tablet in the office.
- Easy to clock in and out.
- Had reports that could be pulled for payroll.
- The system would go down periodically and we would have to correct everyones' time.
- Reporting was not intuitive.
- The system was archaic at the time that we were using it. I know that they've done updates since then, however.
Read Ariel Lopez's full review
This is well suited for a company that does not have a time keeping feature within their HRIS system and/or has hourly employees that need hours kept track of. We moved to a new HRIS system that provided an internal time tracking feature and no longer needed to use TimeClock Plus.
March 27, 2017
Score 10 out of 10
We use TimeClock Plus to track employee time and attendance through the entire organization by implementing a time clock on every user's desktop computer. Employees clock in and clock out by double clicking the icon, entering their id number, and clicking on the corresponding action. Our accounting department used to have to rely on hand-written time sheets to track employee hours.
- Deployment via GPO makes installation a breeze
- They have an excellent Technical Support team in the rare event of things not working as expected
- It works within your web browser, making zero impact on your system resources
- Their physical time clocks are quite expensive.
- Setting up the smartphone app is a bit clunky.
- Company branding would be a nice feature to have.
Read Gary Lamontagne's full review
TimeClock Plus is well suited for small, medium, and large companies. The web interface is easy to use and very self-explanatory, even for novice computer users. Employees are able to view their hours, their last time punch, request time off, and view messages from HR within the browser shortcut. I haven't found any scenarios where it would be inappropriate to use.
TimeClock Plus Scorecard Summary
About TimeClock Plus
TimeClock Plus is a time tracking and attendance solution from Data Management Incorporated (DMI) in San Angelo, Texas. The Express edition is targeted at small businesses, Standard and Pro at larger businesses, and finally TimeClock Plus OnDemand is a complete cloud-based solution.
Categories: Time Tracking
TimeClock Plus Technical Details