- Whenever I have a payment related questions, I have reached out to the Support team and received a near instant response from a customer service representative. They have managed to resolve all of my issues.
- Tipalti has a very clean user interface. Payment file uploads are easy.
- Detailed reports are very easily exported which I directly upload into my accounting software for easy bookkeeping and reconciliations.
- We pay numerous photographers around the world on a weekly basis. Tipalti helps coordinate these payments and helps resolve coordinating queries from individual financial institutions. The main benefit we realized with Tipalti over other payment services is the breadth of coverage on a global scale.
- Amazing customer service! We have come across issues but our Account Manager and support have always made sure that we felt like we were a priority. I have always felt comfortable asking any question with a really quick response time.
- Reporting and Easy-to-use interface. Logging in to Tipalti is very simple and the interface and user-friendly.
- Quicker payment processing. It has been great approving and processing payments.
- I suggest some improvements in the way we can search for payees information. This is something I had already brought up and has been forwarded t their Dev teams.
- Fast and professional support team
- Easy to implement and integrate
- Not a very user-friendly interface
- Price is quite high
- There is no ability to pay with Paypal if you're in a country where it is not supported
- The Tipalti portal is easy to use and provides a simple online site that allows me to process payments easily.
- Tipalti's portal archives reports and payment details that allows me to reconcile our payments at month end quickly and effortlessly.
- Tipalti tracks our partner's payment information and facilitates the payment process by communicating with our partners of banking information.
- Tipalti could provide more tax knowledge and guidance on their website. They do have information on their website and offer training. However, it would be helpful if they provide more guidance on the tax impact of their services.
- Their support team is quite responsive and always helpful. However, they do need to research issues from time to time. Thus, if they had an FAQ section on their site or sent out a list of common questions, that would be helpful.
- Tipalti does do a solid job of communicating changes - if they can provide more of a roadmap of future changes, that would be helpful.
If your company has minimal payment needs, Tipalti could be helpful but I think it's best suited for companies that have many payment streams. That would allow your company to fully tap the potential of this tool.
- Captures payee information in a seamless and easy to integrate system
- Provides payees with a variety of payment options
- Integrates the money transfer process with our current process
- The UI is improving but still seems somewhat dated
- Some new functionality options have been somewhat hidden
For retail, it is incredibly important to maintain accurate records of our accounts payable to vendors. Because we have millions of dollars moving each day, removing the human element from accounts payable allows us to eliminate the risk of human error, greatly improving accounting accuracy and efficiency. In addition, automating the accounts payable element helps the company scale its finance team more efficiently as we do not require additional headcount in processing invoices as we work with additional vendors.
- The most important thing to look for when selecting an enterprise partner is customer service. The support team at Tipalti is extremely prompt and helpful when responding to questions, no matter how dumb they might be. Their executive team also monitors support inquiries for broader account questions so the are able to handle them promptly with the right perspective. Being able to get a quick response for any question is exceptionally valuable.
- Tipalti's core feature is enabling payments in a very streamlined manner. They were the first provider that we found that was able to process payments in any currency across any payment method, allowing us to provide the maximum convenience to the vendors that we work with. Because of this, Touch of Modern is known as one of the easiest retail partners to work with.
- A feature we didn't even realize would be so valuable is the tax compliance piece. When we started the company, we had no idea that we needed to collect tax information for every vendor we sent a payment to. Tipalti's platform requires this and ensures no payments are sent without the proper compliance.
- One frustrating problem we've had with payments is when payments bounce. Now this is not necessarily a problem with using Tipalti vs. using any payment processor, but sometimes it takes 1-2 weeks to even find out a payment has bounced and then another week or so for the payment to return to our account. It would be incredibly valuable to know as soon as possible when a payment has bounced so we can take the proper corrective action.
- The functionality that I would love to see is the ability to send a credit card payment token, with the idea of generating individual single use credit card numbers to pay our vendors by that method. With this payment method, Tipalti would be fully complete in my mind in the ability to send money.
- Paper checks are a little slow to send out, but then again, it's called "snail mail" for a reason.
- Mass payments are very easy since Tipalti manages all of the payee's payment details.
- Their payment reporting is very detailed which is great for accountants doing reconciliations for mass payments with several different payment methods and fee structures.
- The seamless integration with our website gives our users a great experience and makes it easy for them to manage their payment methods.
- Tipalti's payer dashboard, where we submit payments and check payee details, is sometimes slow. However, we haven't experienced any downtime or had any issues with the Tipalti's iframe where the publishers enter their info.
- Ability to link seamlessly to company's webpage
- Excellent Customer Support
- Ease of use
- It's sometimes hard to determine if a payee is indeed payable (but this seems to occur only on a seldom basis and for recipients in hard-to-pay countries)
Tipalti Scorecard Summary
Tipalti is a payables automation solution that automates all phases of the accounts payable and payments workflow in one holistic cloud platform. Tipalti makes it painless for finance departments to manage their entire global payables operation by streamlining:
- Supplier onboarding and vetting
- Tax and regulatory compliance
- Invoice processing, PO matching, and approvals
- Global payment remittance, allowing a range of payment methods and currencies
- Early payments
- Proactive communications of supplier payment status, issue resolution, and fraud detection
- Enterprise-grade financial controls
- Real-time payment reconciliation
- ERP integration
- AP and tax reporting
Tipalti's value proposition includes the following:
Reduce AP workload by 80% so your company can scale efficiently.
Generate revenue for AP and better manage cash flow with early payments.
Accelerate the financial close by 25%+ with detailed payment reconciliation reports.
Strengthen financial and compliance controls to mitigate risk and increase visibility.
Improve supplier relationships through a self-service payment experience.
Some of Tipalti’s customers include: Amazon Twitch, Twitter, GoPro, Vimeo, and GoDaddy.
Tipalti Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||40%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||50%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||Enterprises (> 500 employees)||10%|
Tipalti Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Tipalti Technical Details
|Supported Languages:||English, Simplified Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish|