IBM Netcool Network Management is used by the whole organization where we need to monitor something. We use IBM Netcool/OMNIbus web GUI to monitor the server. This is one of the best monitoring tools I have ever used before. Very simple to use. Just the color code to identify the criticality of any job/incidents, etc.
- This is one of the best monitoring tools.
- Very simple to user.
- Color code makes it very simple as per severity.
- We receive the heartbeat alert every hour that shows the system is running up and fine.
- We have black, red, yellow, and orange color alerts that show the critical, urgent, major, and minor incidents.
- Sometimes color differences of the incidents as per the criticality .
- We don't receive the heartbeat alerts sometimes.
- If the tool is down and we don't receive the alerts on the console we wait for the heartbeat alert and it makes some extra delay in resolving things.
This tool was integrated with Control-M, so whenever we receive any job failure, long-running job, job not started yet, etc, we receive an alert against it. This tool is also integrated with Maximo where we receive the incidents as well for it. Alert's color was as per the criticality of the job and that makes it very easy for an associate to act on it to resolve. We have the SLAs for the jobs as per the urgency of the jobs.