The software …
Toast is our 3rd POS in 3 years & I'm happy to say, our last one! One of the main reasons we selected Toast was for the integrated Online …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Toast Point of Sale, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Was able to provide our own takeout option as opposed to only having third-party services for this, which saved us money in fees to those companies.
- Allowing online ordering.
- Online ordering menu syncs with our app.
- Ease of use with updating menus.
- Quick menu updates across all restaurants
- Table side order entry is efficient
- Offline mode has helped with ROI, as we are still able to process credit cards, whereas before we could not and would have to accept cash only.
- A streamlined and integrated online ordering platform has cut down on the need of a third-party platform.
- Customer loyalty program has really motivated customers to order more often with higher ticket averages.
- We were able to continue to operate during COVID-19! If it weren't for online ordering, we would have had to close. We are a high volume restaurant. Taking phone orders isn't an option. We only took a 30% hit in sales due to COVID, and we are so lucky.
- The online portal has allowed us to really turn more attention on customizing the items for better reporting purposes. Also, it integrates with 3rd party food delivery services so thats also a huge plus
- They integrate with our accounting software as well, so another added benefit is the time saved with all the data being shared between the two. Gone are the days of entering in sales and labor. IT's all integrated!
- It's improved customers service by staff being able to log into different devices under the same login.
- If there is a credit card issue, I only have to deal with Toast rather than having to deal with a third party vendor. No more being on hold with two different companies to see which one can actually help me.
- You can customize the main terminal with photos of specials which helps staff upsell during the checkout process.
- Switching from pen & paper to a digital POS system has been absolutely vital for the growth of our restaurant, and we are grateful for Toast to helping us make that transition. Allowing orders to be placed on a direct online ordering platform that are automatically entered into the POS system saves countless labor. Toast allows us 24/7 access to sales reporting and statistics that help us to make important decisions at the shop every day regarding scheduling staff, ordering food, removing items from our menu that are not selling well, when the best time to close is, etc. Given that ToastPOS is the only POS we've tried, I unfortunately can't speak to whether ToastPOS is better or worse than alternatives. All I know is it was the most affordable option for a small, single-location, locally-owned restaurant, with the best-looking user interface, and I'm glad we made the switch to digital! And all I can compare ToastPOS to what I believe a POS system *should* be. As you can see from my review, I have a myriad of suggestions for improvement that we haven't seen much progress on in our 3+ years with the company, but given their recent funding, I am hoping that will change in 2019.
- Toast has impacted employee morale with an implemented tip system for credit card charges. This helps us continue to provide excellent guest service when the employees are excited and ready to work for a great guest experience for an additional incentive.
- Toast has created a more seamless, easy checkout experience for the guest, allowing for better connection with the staff, and a more enjoyable experience, keeping them coming back.
- Toast has confused some guests that are not tech-savvy and do not understand how the system works, making them uncomfortable when the employee must walk them through how to select a tip option and how to print a receipt. This makes them not want to use cards in our business and could reduce these type of customers.
- We've reduced our overall cost of hardware.
- Our recurring software and hardware maintenance costs have been greatly reduced.
- We've found that training on the system is much faster and easier than with our legacy big box.
- Credit Card processing through Toast was extremely affordable, our costs for processing dropped by an amount that completely off-set the monthly fees associated with being a Toast customer.
- Cloud based back office so I can check it on the go makes it easy to check in on accounting numbers throughout the day.
- Owners are able to monitor what menu items are selling the most making it easier to delete items & add new ones.
- Gives us a clearer picture of what's going on a daily basis even if we're not there.
- We are saving money with Toast. We used to pay 150/mo for Breadcrumb and 150/mo for Chownow (online ordering. Now we pay less than both of them combined for a POS that does it all in one.
- It has saved us money with the detailed inventory it keeps of our products. It is super easy to log in quantities as well.
- We are doing so much more in take out business with the online ordering feature and keeping track is so much easier with Toast.