Toast POS

December 19, 2018
We have been using Toast as our POS for almost 3 years. It is deployed in the entire organization and has served us very well. We use it …

Toast is great

August 08, 2018

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Toast Point of Sale, and make your voice heard!

Starter

$69

Essentials

$99

Growth

$199

per month

What is Toast Point of Sale?

Toast Point of Sale is a cloud-based restaurant point of sale solution provided as the foundation for Toast's all in one restaurant management solution which supports payment processing, as well as customer care, gift cards and loyalty, as well as back of house and back office (HR, payroll, schedule and shift management, etc.).

Toast Point of Sale Technical Details

We used it not only as a POS within the restaurant for staff use but also as a remote ordering system for takeout orders on our website for customer use. It helped to run daily sales reports, keep track of inventory, as well as track staff hours since this is also what they used to clock in and out for their shifts.
Jonathan Schroeter | TrustRadius Reviewer
Toast Point of Sale has been a great addition to our restaurants. It covers all areas we were looking for and has helped us to grow and save money. We use it companywide at this time. It has helped us with downtime in credit card processing. Being in Southwest Florida, the lightning capital of the world, this feature alone saves me thousands every year. Menu management is a breeze and saves a considerable amount of time.
February 01, 2021

Toast is a piece of cake!

If we didn't have Toast POS we would be out of business right now. Toast POS allows us to operate as a contactless curbside take out restaurant during this very difficult time of COVID-19. They have a decent online ordering platform that allows us to take all of our orders, including payments, virtually. We do have freestanding POS' within the restaurant (from the "before" times) that we use to adjust pars and ring in employee food orders as well. The back-office POS is very simple to use and is relatively intuitive. There is a lot of customization available across the board. You can create a main menu, and then submenus after that. Adding modifications is a breeze and can be set to the entire menu group or individual menu items. You can also make changes and adjustments right there at the POS (for when we were operating as a full service restaurant, it was very easy to 86 an item, or put a count on it). Toast POS is used by every single employee, by either using it as a timeclock or using it to run reports, or even ring in their food for the shift. Reporting is customizable for sales reports and labor reports, and overall is the main reason we can continue to do business.
August 31, 2019

Worth Every Penny!

Jayelynn Willman | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our business recently made the switch to Toast after two years with another point-of-sale system and I couldn't be happier.

The software is Droid based, which made me uncomfortable at first as I've never operated one before. It is incredibly easy to use and allows me to update the system remotely from my smartphone or my laptop. They offer handheld devices, that even with the card reader, can fit in an apron or back pocket. They do their own credit card processing in-house so there is no dealing with a third party. They have several partners that offer a variety of services - mass texting, payroll processing, etc. that integrate with the system.

We've been extremely pleased with the customer service aspect as well. They were able to get everything processed, set up, equipment sent to me, and training completed in less than two weeks. Everyone that I dealt with during the process was extremely easy to work with and incredibly helpful.

I've already recommended this system to several of our restaurant friends and I will continue to do so.
Erin Thorp | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ToastPOS at our Pizza shop in Boulder, CO. Our partnership with Toast began in October 2015 (we were a very early client of theirs), and I should mention it's the first POS system we've ever used; previously a pen & paper shop. A digital POS allows us to access Sales reporting at any moment so we can find patterns in sales/labor that point to suggested operation modifications much more quickly than before. We also use it as a tool for sales projections that help us with scheduling our staff. We now have easily accessible records of every transaction, and processing our monthly financials is a much more accurate and enjoyable experience.
Jennifer Dryer | TrustRadius Reviewer
Toast is used by the customer service team in each bakery. This includes management and customer service positions. It allows us to efficiently and easily ring guests up, checking them out for their items and allowing them to choose tip amounts, choice of receipt delivery (email, phone number, printed, or no receipt) and more.
Nathan Kung | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Toast as our Point of Sale system. It is an impressive total POS solution that has simplified many of our workflows. It handles time tracking, sales, credit card processing, reporting, customer loyalty programs, and other things it can handle we just have not implemented them yet, like inventory.
My company used Toast and to be honest I genuinely loved the service. As their supervisor I spent months learning the system, if I had any questions I could call customer service and I was relieved to find out that Toast has an extensive FAQ section where they cover almost everything! Highly recommend!!
August 08, 2018

Toast is great

Marie Schlump | TrustRadius Reviewer

Toast is our 3rd POS in 3 years & I'm happy to say, our last one! One of the main reasons we selected Toast was for the integrated Online Ordering & it works beautifully. Shows our customized menu on our website, customers order & pay online & their ticket fires directly to the kitchen. It also shows on main terminal, so cashiers know there is an online order too.

We also use the fully integrated Loyalty/Gift Card program & that works great also. Customers can purchase gift cards online & a digital card is emailed to recipient & the purchaser gets email when the gift card is opened, so they know the gift card was received.

It is also easy to make price changes or edits on the fly with Toast. Very simple to learn & they have well-produced training materials for staff & managers. A lot of data is reported but you're able to customize how you see the data you want. Easy to track employees sign ins & outs too. I pull 1 report to run payroll & its a breeze. Previously, I've had to pull a report from another POS, configure it to a format that made sense & then edit out what I didn't need.

Honestly, I can't say enough about how great Toast is; sales process & on-boarding were pretty easy & they even send a person to setup the hardware!!