Toast is greatToast is our 3rd POS in 3 years & I'm happy to say, our last one! One of the main reasons we selected Toast was for the integrated Online Ordering & it works beautifully. Shows our customized menu on our website, customers order & pay online & their ticket fires directly to the kitchen. It also shows on main terminal, so cashiers know there is an online order too.We also use the fully integrated Loyalty/Gift Card program & that works great also. Customers can purchase gift cards online & a digital card is emailed to recipient & the purchaser gets email when the gift card is opened, so they know the gift card was received. It is also easy to make price changes or edits on the fly with Toast. Very simple to learn & they have well-produced training materials for staff & managers. A lot of data is reported but you're able to customize how you see the data you want. Easy to track employees sign ins & outs too. I pull 1 report to run payroll & its a breeze. Previously, I've had to pull a report from another POS, configure it to a format that made sense & then edit out what I didn't need.Honestly, I can't say enough about how great Toast is; sales process & on-boarding were pretty easy & they even send a person to setup the hardware!!,Easy to use. Easy to train staff. When you need call support a real person answers & you get your answers. Good for price.,Menu setup could be a little less rushed & person who sets up should be available for the first few weeks of going live.,10,Owners are able to monitor what menu items are selling the most making it easier to delete items & add new ones. Gives us a clearer picture of what's going on a daily basis even if we're not there.,TouchBistro,QuickBooks Self-Employed, Adobe Illustrator CC, Constant Contact,10,3Toast, an Excellent robust POS systemWe use Toast as our Point of Sale system. It is an impressive total POS solution that has simplified many of our workflows. It handles time tracking, sales, credit card processing, reporting, customer loyalty programs, and other things it can handle we just have not implemented them yet, like inventory.,Customer loyaty /rewards programs works very well on this POS system. We have had very good sucess with the program and it was easy to setup and implement. Credit Card processing through Toast is extremely affordable. The additional Kitchen Display and printer simplified our work flows and has allowed us to do more with less.,It is still a smaller company and fixes or updates are sometimes slow in arriving. The tech support while complementary and included is not always the best trained. We have been struggling to get the inventory system implemented for months.,9,Credit Card processing through Toast was extremely affordable, our costs for processing dropped by an amount that completely off-set the monthly fees associated with being a Toast customer.,Square POS,Patriot PAYToast - User Friendly - All In One!My company used Toast and to be honest I genuinely loved the service. As their supervisor I spent months learning the system, if I had any questions I could call customer service and I was relieved to find out that Toast has an extensive FAQ section where they cover almost everything! Highly recommend!!,EASE OF USE - Being able to easily split checks is easier this way. The ability to email/track receipts, and easy editing of closed checks. Toast has knowledgeable salespeople, account manager, and great training.,The syncing is off sometimes and will randomly put products as negative stock in the inventory, which is irritating. One downfall to the handheld tablets at our tables is that there is hardly any interaction with the waiter. Occasionally there are some interface issues, but it happens very rarely compared to other systems I've used.,10,Cloud based back office so I can check it on the go makes it easy to check in on accounting numbers throughout the day.,,Square POS, Aloha POS, ShopifyALL IN FOR TOASTWe are using toast as our point of sale. It is great. We used to use Breadcrumb for our POS and Shown for online ordering until we saw that Toast is all in one. It is great for keeping inventory, looking at the breakdown of sales and payments, pretty much all accounting.,Online ordering. Orders come right to the kitchen, so that they can be fulfilled quickly. Accounting. Day breakdowns show what hours sales are larger. It all gives detailed payment breakdowns by merchant and takes all the headache out of deposits. Gift cards. They have the options of electronic gift cards or the traditional card. For other point of sales gifts cards are handled through a third party but with Toast it's included.,Some minor bug fixes here and there. They are only android but would be nice to have mac. Ability to have paper and digital receipts enabled at the same time.,10,We are saving money with Toast. We used to pay 150/mo for Breadcrumb and 150/mo for Chownow (online ordering. Now we pay less than both of them combined for a POS that does it all in one. It has saved us money with the detailed inventory it keeps of our products. It is super easy to log in quantities as well. We are doing so much more in take out business with the online ordering feature and keeping track is so much easier with Toast.,Breadcrumb,Breadcrumb
Toast

Toast Reviews

Toast
Filter 5 vetted Toast reviews and ratings
Marie Schlump profile photo
August 08, 2018

User Review: "Toast is great"

• Easy to use.
  • Easy to train staff.
  • When you need call support a real person answers & you get your answers.
  • Good for price.
  • Menu setup could be a little less rushed & person who sets up should be available for the first few weeks of going live.
Well suited for Quick Serve Restaurants or Full Dining.
Read Marie Schlump's full review
Nathan Kung profile photo
August 17, 2018

User Review: "Toast, an Excellent robust POS system"

• Customer loyaty /rewards programs works very well on this POS system. We have had very good sucess with the program and it was easy to setup and implement.
  • Credit Card processing through Toast is extremely affordable.
  • The additional Kitchen Display and printer simplified our work flows and has allowed us to do more with less.
  • It is still a smaller company and fixes or updates are sometimes slow in arriving.
  • The tech support while complementary and included is not always the best trained. We have been struggling to get the inventory system implemented for months.

Solid POS system, love the time tracking and reporting. It has made my life pretty easy from a payroll and accounting standpoint.

Having trouble getting the Inventory system working, I hate that I can't change the time that automatic reports are sent.

Read Nathan Kung's full review
August 16, 2018

User Review: "Toast - User Friendly - All In One!"

• EASE OF USE - Being able to easily split checks is easier this way.
  • The ability to email/track receipts, and easy editing of closed checks.
  • Toast has knowledgeable salespeople, account manager, and great training.
  • The syncing is off sometimes and will randomly put products as negative stock in the inventory, which is irritating.
  • One downfall to the handheld tablets at our tables is that there is hardly any interaction with the waiter.
  • Occasionally there are some interface issues, but it happens very rarely compared to other systems I've used.
Toast is used best in a more casual dining setting, for instance an Olive Garden or a Chile's with a more family feel. I believe Toast is not suitable for fine dining. The psychographics for this environment are typically people that are looking for and want more of a luxurious face to face interaction.
William Johns profile photo
July 27, 2017

User Review: "ALL IN FOR TOAST"

• Online ordering. Orders come right to the kitchen, so that they can be fulfilled quickly.
  • Accounting. Day breakdowns show what hours sales are larger. It all gives detailed payment breakdowns by merchant and takes all the headache out of deposits.
  • Gift cards. They have the options of electronic gift cards or the traditional card. For other point of sales gifts cards are handled through a third party but with Toast it's included.
  • Some minor bug fixes here and there.
  • They are only android but would be nice to have mac.
  • Ability to have paper and digital receipts enabled at the same time.
Toast is great for a small business with not a lot of money. The accounting is so easy that it takes the headache out of figuring it out. Keeps great records of your money and your labor. Also has a very detailed inventory system as well as food cost.
Read William Johns's full review

Toast Scorecard Summary

About Toast

Toast is a restaurant management point-of-sale platform for tablets.

Toast Technical Details