Toast is our 3rd POS in 3 years & I'm happy to say, our last one! One of the main reasons we selected Toast was for the integrated Online Ordering & it works beautifully. Shows our customized menu on our website, customers order & pay online & their ticket fires directly to the kitchen. It also shows on main terminal, so cashiers know there is an online order too.
We also use the fully integrated Loyalty/Gift Card program & that works great also. Customers can purchase gift cards online & a digital card is emailed to recipient & the purchaser gets email when the gift card is opened, so they know the gift card was received.
It is also easy to make price changes or edits on the fly with Toast. Very simple to learn & they have well-produced training materials for staff & managers. A lot of data is reported but you're able to customize how you see the data you want. Easy to track employees sign ins & outs too. I pull 1 report to run payroll & its a breeze. Previously, I've had to pull a report from another POS, configure it to a format that made sense & then edit out what I didn't need.
Honestly, I can't say enough about how great Toast is; sales process & on-boarding were pretty easy & they even send a person to setup the hardware!!
- Easy to use.
- Easy to train staff.
- When you need call support a real person answers & you get your answers.
- Good for price.
- Menu setup could be a little less rushed & person who sets up should be available for the first few weeks of going live.
- Customer loyaty /rewards programs works very well on this POS system. We have had very good sucess with the program and it was easy to setup and implement.
- Credit Card processing through Toast is extremely affordable.
- The additional Kitchen Display and printer simplified our work flows and has allowed us to do more with less.
- It is still a smaller company and fixes or updates are sometimes slow in arriving.
- The tech support while complementary and included is not always the best trained. We have been struggling to get the inventory system implemented for months.
Solid POS system, love the time tracking and reporting. It has made my life pretty easy from a payroll and accounting standpoint.
Having trouble getting the Inventory system working, I hate that I can't change the time that automatic reports are sent.
- EASE OF USE - Being able to easily split checks is easier this way.
- The ability to email/track receipts, and easy editing of closed checks.
- Toast has knowledgeable salespeople, account manager, and great training.
- The syncing is off sometimes and will randomly put products as negative stock in the inventory, which is irritating.
- One downfall to the handheld tablets at our tables is that there is hardly any interaction with the waiter.
- Occasionally there are some interface issues, but it happens very rarely compared to other systems I've used.
- Online ordering. Orders come right to the kitchen, so that they can be fulfilled quickly.
- Accounting. Day breakdowns show what hours sales are larger. It all gives detailed payment breakdowns by merchant and takes all the headache out of deposits.
- Gift cards. They have the options of electronic gift cards or the traditional card. For other point of sales gifts cards are handled through a third party but with Toast it's included.
- Some minor bug fixes here and there.
- They are only android but would be nice to have mac.
- Ability to have paper and digital receipts enabled at the same time.