Todoist is Awesome!!!

November 05, 2021

Great to do organizer

July 04, 2021
I used To-Do List as a personal task manager before making the decision to ultimately centralize all of my notetaking in another product.

My all-time favorite to-do app

June 13, 2021

Todoist - Get things done!

May 30, 2021

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2021

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager, and make your voice heard!

Premium

$36

per user, per year

Business

$60

per user, per year

For the latest information on pricing, visithttp://todoist.com/pricing

What is Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager?

Todoist is a web-based productivity app to help users keep track of all their important tasks and projects across 15+ platforms and in 20 different languages. With Todoist, individuals and teams can manage tasks and collaborate on shared projects on the web, mobile devices (iOS, iPad & Android), desktops (Windows & Mac), email inboxes (Gmail & Outlook), and web browsers (Google Chrome, Firefox, & Safari). Data is synchronized across all platforms in real time, even when offline.

Todoist helps break large projects down into smaller, more manageable chunks with sub-projects and sub-tasks. Plus, with labels, filters and task priority levels it's easy to categorize and customize tasks. Users are able to create a new task, view the status of their ongoing tasks, and view all completed tasks within their Todoist account.

Todoist helps users stay on-track with a unique point system called Todoist Karma. Todoist Karma gives points for completing tasks, using advanced features, and reaching weekly and monthly productivity goals. Users can see their tangible progress with visual graphs, color-coded by project. Other features of the platform include task comment abilities, overdue tasks tracking, recurring task creation, daily goal setting, customizable workflow creation, personalized productivity trends, and more.

Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager Screenshots

Available on every device.Organise work and life.Collaborate in projects.Create your own workflow.

Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager Video

What Is Todoist?

Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager Integrations

Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager Competitors

• Microsoft To Do (formerly Wunderlist)
  • Google Tasks
  • Apple Tasks

Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Mobile Web
Supported LanguagesArabic, Chinese (cn), Chinese (tw), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish

What is Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager?

Doist, a company boasting an entirely globally distributed workforce, offers Todoist, a project management platform emphasizing the needs of a distributed workforce. The application emphasizes tracking events over time with advanced closed task and progress reporting, with custom graphics for sharing or ease of review.

What is Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager's best feature?

Reviewers rate Usability highest, with a score of 9.

Who uses Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager?

The most common users of Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Computer Software industry.

Categorize by project and manage all my official (& personal) To-Do's in one location. The widget on my iPhone home screen provides me with a clear view of the upcoming items for the day. The ease of adding new items and setting due dates in conversational terms and especially directly from an email makes this an indispensable tool.
  • Forward an email to a project and convert it into a task.
  • Assigning due dates and recurrences.
  • Very useful iPhone widget.
  • A plug in for Safari browser would be useful.
Mails that used to sit on my mailbox because they had a "to-do" in them now get into a prioritised list and onto my calendar.
I am using Todoist for my business and personal life. It handles all of my important tasks and project work. It keeps me focused and is my most used productivity tool. It organises all of my important tasks. It stops me from missing deadlines and losing track of my key projects.
  • Organises tasks and projects
  • Repeating and regular task management
  • Easy to use interface
  • Seriously, there isn't anything I could think of to improve with this app
Todoist is great for anyone who enjoys being organised and productive. Everyone needs to manage tasks, it's a part of life! It comes into its own when you're juggling many balls. Being able to set a task in the future and be reminded of it at the right time is a priceless thing.

Task management tools aren't for everyone. If you're more creative or left-brained then this might not be suitable for you.
To-Doist is used to prioritize tasks. This job, by nature, has many moving parts across separate domains, and prioritizing every bit of information can be very challenging. It addresses problems such as Forgetfulness, and looming deadlines. Things are no longer late, but rather right on time. I'm personally grateful that it is so easy to use, as a software or application that takes too long to learn how to use would have been quickly discarded, as time is very valuable.
  • Prioritization
  • Reminders
  • Deadlines
  • Voice Command option to add tasks
  • Seamless integration with Business Calendar 2
  • Different color themes
There have been lots of times when we need to add a new habit into our daily work routines, and having the option to do so in the To-Doist app on the very first screen is incredibly helpful. It's a good reminder, and I believe that professionals who truly appreciate and properly value the implementation of good habits would be very grateful for this feature. It's also a time saver because you don't have to manually type it in every day/week / etc.
November 05, 2021

Todoist is Awesome!!!

Many of my colleagues use Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager; I personally use it from day-to-day to work planning basically all aspect of my life. This application is just awesome.
  • Small tasks which are easily forgetable will never be forgotten with todoist
  • Serves as a extremely good reminder basically taking over majority of the functionality of both Google Canlendar and Google Task
  • Easy for collaborating with teammates, family memebers on different project; great structure and organization.
  • Come out with a calendar feature which will give user overall view of month or maybe year.
  • Write more documentations and tips and tricks to use the app for both new and seasoned users.
  • Keep improving and be inovative to make the app even better.
100% recommended even for the paid version; this app will change your life in ways that you won't expect. This app is orders of maginitude better than Google Task or Google Keep.
  • Great sync across devices.
  • Great user interface and experience.
  • Easy to jump in and start using.
  • Not as robust as a project management suite of tools is.
This is great for siloed to do work. For personal lists, or if you work independently on a team and want your own software to keep yourself organized while at your computer and while mobile.
We use [Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager] across our micro company to manage our workload and task management. It is used for all our projects, internal and external, and is integrated into our calendar system Fantastical. Todoist also integrates into Google Workplace as well as our Chrome browsers to provide access to our tasks across a whole suit of our working environment.
  • Simple, intuitive and clutter-free user interface
  • Focus on tasks and not frills
  • Masses of integrations with other software
  • Low cost
  • Lacks some integration options
[Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager is] fantastic for small teams or for personal use. Really simple and easy to use so requires very little in the way of onboarding and gets people engaged quickly in the tasks they need to complete. May not be perfect where more complex usage is required but integrates with other tools so time tracking and other add ons are more than possible through other tools.
We use Todoist: [To-Do List & Task Manager] to track open tasks and help stakeholders understand the progress of key initiatives. For example, we use Todoist: [To-Do List & Task Manager] in all of our sprint retros...whenever we identify a follow-up item that needs to be done we create a "to do" and assign it to someone with a due date. Then, in the next retro we review the previous to-dos to see if there are any open items.
  • Tracking open tasks
  • Creating accountability
  • Creating awareness of due dates for specific follow-ups
  • Coordinating cross-team ownership models for complex projects
  • Messaging with teammates
  • Assigning a single project to multiple people
[Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager is well suited for:]
  • Tracking specific follow-up items from retros, sprints, etc...
  • Project Management
  • Event planning
It is used on an individual basis to keep priorities in line when managing multiple projects and clients. It is also being used to organize repeated procedures. This is done by creating projects for various facets of the individual's life and then organizing tasks within each of those. Days are prioritized at the end of each week and tasks are moved according to available work time and rolling deadlines.
  • Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager syncs across platforms so that my tasks align with my calendar
  • Allows me to change views and create sub-tasks within each project with notes, files, and reminders
  • Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager allows me to quickly add tasks to any project with due dates by using natural typing on all my devices.
  • I wish it were easier to see files and notes
  • The paywall limits the project number and some features that make it outstanding.
  • I wish there were a time tracking tool built into the app.
Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager is suited for repeated procedures like on boarding clients. Each step can be listed within a project and sub tasks can be created to remember the details of each check point along the way. I believe it may not be so well suited to large teams collaborating on complex projects over a long period of time.
Primarily used to track administrative type activities and also used heavily for personal task management. Our team had been using this across our department but tracking had become difficult and we opted to use for our individual tasking instead. Was easier for us to set up projects according to our individual preferences.
  • Reminders are easy to set up.
  • Adding comments is quick and helpful.
  • Attachments can be added to your to-do.
  • Templates for projects would be helpful.
  • Better tutorials.
  • Easier use of tags.
Tasks that are being done in collaboration with others are hard to manage because there isn't a good sub-tasking feature. Can make it very difficult to know who was responsible for what. Would recommend using this individually and not across teams. Much easier to manage at the personal task level.
We use Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager to share important tasks between two people in the company. We needed something easy and I have been using Todoist personally for years so we decided to give it a try in team and project organization. As we are only two people post team organization tools had more options than we needed so we went back to a simple thing we knew.
  • Share tasks between people.
  • Simply organize tasks and upcoming to-dos.
  • Easy to use.
  • More options for detailed views.
  • Kanban etc. views for teams.
We do believe that for larger companies tools with more functions would probably be more helpful. But, if you are looking to share information quickly and easily without sending multiple emails and then repeating steps to organize those to dos on both sides, then Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager is the right tool for you.
I use Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager to run my entire business. I use it to track client projects, tasks and to track my productivity. I use it to share access to tasks that I need to assign to my team. It helps me be able to know where everything is at without having to micromanage my team.
  • Easy to use.
  • Maximum amount of features.
  • Cross-device compatibility.
  • Little on the pricey end for the premium subscription.
  • Lacking true kanban features.
  • No "family" accounts.
It is ideal for any projects that require folders and sub-folders with sub-tasks. It is also ideal for any time projects and tasks need to be shared/assigned to other people. It's also ideal for those quick, need-to-write-it-down-quickly tasks that cross your mind.
We use Todoist mainly for task management. This helps keeps track of the work we have to complete and take care of for the various clients we have in our portfolio. Mainly the sales team in our department utilizes this software, and this helps us keep our tasks in order by making sure we are completing tasks by the deadlines we set.
  • Integration with Google
  • Nice interface
  • Sharing of task
  • Better filtering
  • Subtasks needs work
  • Mobile app can use some work
Todoist is very well suited for day to day activities and planning. It keeps our tasks organized and helps everyone manage their tasks and stay on top of these tasks. Viewing daily tasks and looking at what the week holds is very important for someone that has many different tasks to handle.
Oleksandr Torlo | TrustRadius Reviewer
We needed a simple solution for accounting tasks in various subsections of the company, but everyone was already very tired of Trello. I wanted something fresh and more effective. I have been using Todoist as a personal task manager for a long time and have suggested implementing it in team processes. The experiment was successful and we bought a subscription for the whole company.
  • Personal task manager.
  • Kanban board for every purpose.
  • Great notifications during process.
  • Needs more integrations.
  • Needs improvements in mobile app.
  • Needs improvements for dark theme.
Are you tired of Trello, but you want something simple, effective and so that the team does not need to retrain for a long time to use a new product? Welcome to Todoist! it will completely replace the boring Kanban board solution and bring freshness to the management process.
However, if you want super-flexibility and customization, you should look at other solutions.
Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager is my task and project management software for every task of my company. It provides a robust and flexible framework for structuring projects, recurring tasks, managing deadlines, and setting up filters and saved searches, among other features.

I also happen to rely on Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager for personal and household task management.
  • Accessible from any platform
  • Excellent iPhone app
  • Fast task entry with smart interpretation of dates, projects, and other metadata
  • Undergoing rapid iterative development with a responsive support team and excellent "Ambition & Balance" blog from the company
  • Mac app (my primary platform) is lackluster; it seems to be a wrapper to the web interface. They should have a native app to compete better with Things 3 on a Mac
  • The new board view (Kanban view) is great, but it's brand new and could use some enhancements to catch up to Trello, monday.com, etc.
  • The completed task log is really slow
  • I wish the sync, security, encryption, and privacy features were clearer, better, and more transparent
Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager is a flexible tool for solo or team use, to-do list/GTD mavens, and (more recently) Kanban enthusiasts. However, Kanban pros coming from Trello might be disappointed by the more limited functionality of the brand-new board features. The free version of Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager gives you a lot of what you might need indefinitely, but I quickly upgraded to the affordable premium subscription to take advantage of the complete feature set.
Molly Terbovich-Ridenhour | TrustRadius Reviewer
Todoist is my go to To-Do list for both personal and professional tasks. The is used for day-to-day planning, long term time management, as well as keeping projects organized. Viewing daily tasks and looking ahead to upcoming days assist in my everyday frame of mind in order to be the most productive. Moving tasks is easily completed and making notes and resources within tasks make the planning and a one stop shop of the every changing to-do list.
  • Easy to Use
  • Great for planning
  • Organizing tasks in separate categories
  • Integrating with g-suite
  • Customizing view
  • Font size options
Wonderful tool to remain organized. Can be utilized individually or with a team to assign and delegate.
I used Todoist as one of a few task management apps I've cycled through over the past few years. I seem to gravitate towards them and am constantly seeking the best one for my needs at any given time.
  • Mac and iOS apps with full sync
  • Crisp, clean design
  • Flexible views
  • Quick add could be improved compared to other apps
  • Not always as easy as it should be to sort tasks
I found that it was a strong entry in the "to-do app" field, I've been a past power user of Toodledo and have currently switched to Apple's onboard Reminders product for its simplicity and ease of use. I'm usually using these apps for personal tracking of my own needs but Todoist did have a robust set of features for collaboration and more advanced project-based tracking that I just never used. I loved the look and feel and the design is so crisp and clean.
Mike Bissett | TrustRadius Reviewer
Todoist is used on an individual basis throughout our organization. The majority of my team use it as a time management tool.
  • Great time management tool. Simple interface to stay organized.
  • Great for taking and storing notes.
  • Not really an issue, but there is a learning curve, especially setting up projects.
  • It would be beneficial if there was a way to default to a specific list. Maybe it’s here and I just haven’t figured it out.
I think Todoist is particularly useful for people who frequently bounce between a desktop and mobile app. The interface is simple and syncing is automatic. This is a great tool for travelers, both business and personal.
I have not had to use the Todoist support team.
Jamie Caroland | TrustRadius Reviewer
As an independent contractor, I use it for business task management for several clients and volunteer activities. Currently, I use the free plan, which is very robust for my needs. Currently, I do not use Todoist in a shared capacity.
  • Free plan offers two viewing options and 4 color themes; paid plans offer more
  • Can integrate with Google Calendar, IFTTT, and Zapier apps
  • Viewing format is pretty uncomplicated, including sidebar, easy on the eyes
  • Importable and exportable data, emails
  • Optional beta testing opportunities (can opt in/opt out at any time)
  • Windows emojis can be added with text, but I found that out indirectly when looking at updated features in Todoist help articles. If you are reading about this for the first time, if you are a Windows10 user, click the Windows key plus the period key at [the] insertion point in [the] text to access emojis.
  • Moving from subtasks to creating new tasks seems to be somewhat cumbersome.
  • I know I'm a free plan user, but it would be more fun to have more themes available for both the free plan and the paid plans.
  1. Well-suited: simple text and calendar entries. The briefer, the better.
  2. I am also a Slack user in an organization with several hundred users. Experience in such a large group with a huge lot of back/forth and multiple functions (which some days drives me a little crazy) keeps me from wanting to go function-crazy and integration-crazy on Todoist, which could happen, even as a single user. I could do that in a heartbeat, because free-plan Todoist is a very robust little SaaS. For some folks, that's probably a big plus, especially for shared integrations, but for my small business concerns, I don't need a lot of multi-software tasking integration. I especially don't want to integrate with Google Calendar, as I sync with multiple clients, so I don't want that kind of public facing on the shared calendar.
I mainly used Todoist to manage my personal projects as well as some corporate ones. It is an easy to use productivity app that can work across different OS platforms. I used it to keep track of my progress of lists like groceries, personal productivity targets and a few others. It solved the versatility part for being able to add an item on one platform and stay on top of it no matter what device I was using. Also being able to migrate to a new OS meant that I did not need to start from scratch.
  • Todoist is one of the only true cross platform productivity based apps. I like the ability to add a todo item on the web and have it show up everywhere. Cross platform functionality also helps with getting other users on board to use it.
  • Todoist templates are a gold feature for anyone to use to get started. I like how many you can choose from, definitely a stand out feature.
  • I like being able to work within Todoist through the different views like Kanban boards and the calendar view.
  • My one gripe is Todoist is that when you add a new to-do item it is added to the top of the app, if there was a bit more editing customization for new to-dos it would be great.
  • Maybe not a big thing but personally I wish you could customize the look of the app a bit more outside of the default colors, just to match some style or give users some more control.
Todoist can be used by smaller teams that need a multi-platform solution, particularly teams of with less than 25 members. If you are using for smaller groups and personal projects, the template lists can be helpful to get you started. Anything more than that I feel it may not be the ideal solution.
Jason Vance | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Todoist to manage all my tasks not related to projects. I also use it as a CRM for personal meetings and a wish list for books and other things I am looking to purchase. All my tasks are split into two sections. One for personal and one for business. Each section is then broken down into subsections for easier management. Each task is rated for priority and given a date. This helps keep me organized and on top of all my tasks.
  • It helps prioritize all tasks with easy sorting and viewing options.
  • It has really good daily reminders.
  • It uses "Karma" to keep me motivated to get my daily tasks done. Karma is a daily goal-setting tool.
  • It uses and "Inbox" which is a great daily brain dump I can use to sort later on.
  • I tried to collaborate with the tool but found it frustrating, but that was a few years ago.
  • I don't like how subtasks are created. I wish they could be done with a tab and enter much like bullets are created. Not a dealbreaker though.
  • You really need to use the paid version to maximize the effectiveness of Todoist.
I think Todoist is one of those tools you just need to have. It's a great brain dump. It's great to just keep tabs on things and sort them later on. The best thing about it is if you love lists this is great. I tried to use it as a "project management" tool and found it didn't work that great. Though I use it to track all my tasks from projects and use Zapier to add them to Todoist from the different project management apps I use.
Uli Lauterbach | TrustRadius Reviewer
All in All a great Todo-List app but: I subcribed with them 3 years ago paying by PayPal. I just wanted to subcribe for another year. But they do not support PayPal no more, only Credit Card. This is a no go and not trustworthy. What's next? This turns a 5-Star software straight into a 0-Star software!
  • Good Todo List
  • Multiple Platforms
  • Many Projects available
  • More colors for the Flags
I've been using it for 3 years paying with PayPal. From now on they only accept Credit Card payment. This surprise is no go. I generally do not recommend companies that come up with surprises like that!
Because I am mad that they changed the subcription payments from PayPal to Credit Card only. I can not ever support surprises like this!
Shane Murphy | TrustRadius Reviewer
While I was responsible for OEC's Field Services Group, I implemented Todoist throughout my team to help them better keep things moving in their work as field consultants. There are so many things that they need to follow up on and maintain to keep customers moving along and Todoist is an easy, app-based solution that facilitated that. My leadership team also shared projects amongst ourselves to keep each other on task and focused on a daily basis.
  • Time and location based reminders
  • Sharing of task visibility between leadership
  • App, desktop, and web versions to allow flexibility based on location
  • Easier ways to create filtering
  • Sharing could be easier to implement - once it's set it's good but it's not as easy as it could be
I honestly don't know how I could do my work without Todoist. That's not hyperbole, it's fact. I'm fortunate that I've been using it for so long that I've just grown with it. It keeps me focused, reminds me when I need reminding, and has literally become my brain for a lot of things. I'm transitioning to a new job in a few weeks and have already begun building my Todoist structure to ensure I get off to a great start. It's hard for me to find any major flaws with Todoist - I just love it. Period.
Paul Tedder | TrustRadius Reviewer
We do not implement a company wide task manager. I use this personally to manage all of my work tasks and projects. While there is a quite capable team feature in the app, I do not use it.
  • Allow you to get tasks in quickly and easily
  • Full-featured. Can accommodate many different types of workflows
  • Beautiful and fun to use
  • They actually make the improvements before I even realize they're needed
  • Windows App was buggy - I used the web browser or my Mac instead
  • No other areas I can think of
  • I love to use it for recurring tasks - very easy to setup and manipulate.
  • Template feature is a life saver - I create templates for several repetitive tasks like onboarding staff or procuring equipment and they are easy to create and also easy to use.
  • I don't use the teams feature so no comments there.
  • While I use it to manage projects and it actually works quite well, I am not sure that is where it is strongest.
Gavin Scott-Miller | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our organization is large enough to allow individual teams to choose how we do task management. We have worked between Microsoft Planner and Todoist. They both have their ups and downs but Todoist and their small team of application developers have allowed for multiple incredible increases in feature set which I really appreciate it feels fast and agile compared to a bloated large multi million dollar organization like Microsoft.
  • Flexibility.
  • Tracking and reminders.
  • Team communications.
  • UI can feel cramped sometimes.
  • Tagging is not my preferred method of task tracking.
  • Not 100% great for super large task lists.
I think it is great for inbox management and smaller to mid sized lists of tasks. For larger projects I’ve found the kanban style and integration with Microsoft teams of Microsoft Planner to be very helpful for our team.

Each team and person is different. So I think a lot of the decision making process is to how YOUR team communicates best.

Todoist is very flexible however so hopefully they will work for you.
I have used [Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager] for over 7 years to track my business and personal tasks and I introduced it to my executive team a few years ago. The reason for my roll-out to this team was to be able to delegate critical tasks and to track their status on a daily basis. These were the top 10 to 15 tasks that needed to be addressed by our division at any given time and Todoist helped me to improve my reporting to corporate management on their status.
  • Being able to manage tasks across multiple devices and platforms is absolutely critical to me. If I am out of the office, the tasks will be on my phone. But they are also readily accessible on the web, on my desktop, and on my iPad.
  • There are several ways to organize your tasks... via Projects, Labels, Boards, Lists, etc. that allow users to use Todoist to fit their productivity workflow. I use them all and I have been delighted to see how Todoist has continued to improve and advance the Todoist application over the years.
  • I rely extensively on recurring tasks which allow me to never forget a birthday, monthly submission, chore at home, etc. Todoist offers many ways to manage recurring tasks, such as, "every week", "every April 8", "every fourth Thursday in November", etc.
  • The Todoist application now works almost identically across all platforms. There is a minor improvement that I would like to see on iOS and that is the ability to show task count by custom filter.
  • In Board view, I want to be able to easily add sub-tasks to a parent task.
  • Besides those two minor improvements, I am extremely happy with the application.
[Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager] is a great tool to manage an individual's business and personal tasks. It is a very good tool for business managers to manage their tasks as well as the delegation of tasks. In this scenario, Todoist will work well for business teams. Todoist's introduction of Boards now allows individuals and teams, that use Kanban and similar methods, to manage their projects. There are other applications that have more developed board project management tools, so Todoist may choose to continue to evolve the Boards feature.