Doist, a company boasting an entirely globally distributed workforce, offers Todoist, a project management platform emphasizing the needs of a distributed workforce. The application emphasizes tracking events over time with advanced closed task and progress reporting, with custom graphics for sharing or ease of review.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/uR/qa/7LGDD3ZG7AKC.JPEGThe best To-Do software on the market, hands downTodoist is currently being used by individuals within my company, but not by the company in whole. As a different to do application was selected for our department before my arrival, I had no say in which was selected. Instead, Todoist is used by myself and a few other co-workers individually to manage our daily tasks at work and in our personal lives. Some users use the free version, but some of us choose to purchase the premium version to add the additional notes, categorization, and tagging. In general, Todoist allows me to maintain a clear and precise to-do list within Outlook, on my mobile device, and in a standalone app on my computer. The ease of use, integrations and cross-platform ability allows me to add tasks and complete them quickly and easily no matter where I am or what I am working on. This is where other to-do software platforms have not worked as well for me. I am not struggling with the technology to create and complete simple tasks.,Cross platform Easy to learn and use Can add tasks from emails different ways Premium version allows notes on tasks to give context when needed Dark mode! Keyboard shortcuts which are easy to learn and make adding tasks a breeze Affordable pricing model,Would like a non-Google android version for non-Google android devices (Amazon Fire Tablets) Would like an option to create follow-up task upon completion of a task Logic based tasks (i.e. when task 1 is complete, then activate task 2) Time based priorities. Set priority 1 after 6PM, but only priority 4 before 6PM,10,Todoist allows me to get things done quickly and effectively. Todoist saves time with great software design. I am not spending time using poorly designed software. Rescheduling tasks is also a time saver with auto reschedule.,Trello, Smartsheet, Asana, Wunderlist, Basecamp and Bitrix24Todoist for To Do-ersI am the only one that I know of that uses Todoist at my organization. I use Todoist as a personal organization tool to keep tasks organized for my job and make sure that nothing falls through the cracks. It addresses the business problem of having to keep track of a lot of moving pieces. In finance, letting something slip through the cracks can cause some major problems so it's important that tasks are managed and kept on top of.,The e-mail to Todoist function is super helpful The accumulation of "karma" points is a good motivator to get stuff done Todoist makes it easy to nest tasks,I would love if the e-mail to Todoist feature was available on other plans than the paid one as keeping my inbox clean is my #1 reason for using an external to do list organizer,7,Todoist has ultimately been a neutral for me. While I like some of it's features, like e-mail to Todoist or timetracking, there just wasn't enough there to justify purchasing a Pro subscription. I ended up finding similar solutions through Google's Task & Keep products.,Trello, Airtable, Basecamp, Flow and Quip,Slack, Quip, TrelloTask management made easy!Todoist is a task management software that allows you to assign tasks to individuals with deadlines and to various lists, as well as level of importance. Todoist is great for businesses and organizations alike. Users love the functionality to create personalized to-do lists as well. It helps all tasks lists to be organized within one app so everyone is on the same page with current happenings.,Love the ability to make various task lists including professional, home, shared, etc. Todoist has great options to assign recurring actions that have to be completed on a schedule. It is great that you can assign tasks to other people in order to save communication time!,Todoist could improve its notification functionality to include push notifications on the iPhone instead of having to go to the notification center to get them. The desktop app is a little bit more glitchy than the mobile version. The paid version offers several more features but if cost is a hindrance, this could be a barrier to some.,10,Todoist has helped us increase efficiency making the workflow process much faster from the time of project conception until completion.,BasecampMid-level project management for small teams and individualsTodoist is used within my department by myself and direct reports to manage our own internal workload across thirteen individuals. We have a handful of integrations allowing certain customer requests to be entered and assigned automatically, as well as managing a review and approval workflow for certain tasks and users. We track all projects and individual tasks within Todoist and use it daily as the central task management system.,Creates tasks easily using human language Shares tasks and comments simply through email or desktop/mobile app Allows new users to see tasks and priorities clearly without much of a learning curve,Only offers due dates, not defer or "start working on" dates Some icons are too low contrast and incredibly hard to see Fluctuation in paid vs premium features can make it hard to decide what account type is best for you,9,I can tell at a glance what has and has not been done Allows delegation more easily, both in assigning and reviewing work Limits email and in-person communication around a task,Wunderlist and Asana,OneDrive, ilos, EvernoteTodoist is a great, free to use, to do list manager.I personally use Todoist to manage my to-do lists. I've been using the application for over 2 years. I use it primarily on my personal iPhone and Mac. I have not used via the web or on Android or PC. I use Todoist to manage my to-do list for each day as well as putting into dos for future dates.,Easy to use interface Ability to put in to-dos for a future day Daily and weekly goals help you achieve more,Premium features are not explained well Mac app does not sync well,9,It has made me more efficient It has forced me to look at the upcoming week and days to better plan my time and to do lists,Wunderlist,Jamf Pro
Todoist

Todoist Reviews<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

Todoist
Filter 33 vetted Todoist reviews and ratings
Benjamin Hale profile photo
November 28, 2018

Todoist Review: "The best To-Do software on the market, hands down"

• Cross platform
  • Easy to learn and use
  • Can add tasks from emails different ways
  • Premium version allows notes on tasks to give context when needed
  • Dark mode!
  • Keyboard shortcuts which are easy to learn and make adding tasks a breeze
  • Affordable pricing model
  • Would like a non-Google android version for non-Google android devices (Amazon Fire Tablets)
  • Would like an option to create follow-up task upon completion of a task
  • Logic based tasks (i.e. when task 1 is complete, then activate task 2)
  • Time based priorities. Set priority 1 after 6PM, but only priority 4 before 6PM
Todoist is a wonderful tool for those who work off of checklists and who can keep going back to a single list to keep track of what to do next. Todoist is also a good tool for those with project work, as you can put all tasks that are needed for a project within said project and still give due dates, so they show up on the days they need to be worked on.
The business edition is great for those who will need to delegate tasks to others, especially with the notes section to pass on important information.

It is not so great for seeing a bigger picture of the workload schedule, as other Kanban or Gantt chart schedule programs would be.
Read Benjamin Hale's full review
Chloe Sayers profile photo
August 28, 2018

User Review: "Todoist for To Do-ers"

• The e-mail to Todoist function is super helpful
  • The accumulation of "karma" points is a good motivator to get stuff done
  • Todoist makes it easy to nest tasks
  • I would love if the e-mail to Todoist feature was available on other plans than the paid one as keeping my inbox clean is my #1 reason for using an external to do list organizer
Todoist is great for basic task organization. I don't think it does collaboration very well - the tool is designed so you can tag other people in your tasks and assign tasks for them. However, once you start having multiple people in one software solution, it moves from being an agile and easily usable task management system to a rather clunky project management solution. If you need something for your own tasks and reminders, Todoist is great.
Read Chloe Sayers's full review
Kalyn Hoffman profile photo
November 23, 2018

Todoist Review: "Task management made easy!"

• Love the ability to make various task lists including professional, home, shared, etc.
  • Todoist has great options to assign recurring actions that have to be completed on a schedule.
  • It is great that you can assign tasks to other people in order to save communication time!
  • Todoist could improve its notification functionality to include push notifications on the iPhone instead of having to go to the notification center to get them.
  • The desktop app is a little bit more glitchy than the mobile version.
  • The paid version offers several more features but if cost is a hindrance, this could be a barrier to some.
Todoist is great for teams of all sizes! You can add as many individuals to lists as you'd like. However, if the cost for premium users is not an option for a business or organization, they may be frustrated by the limitations of the free version. Overall it's a great product suited for nearly anyone!
Read Kalyn Hoffman's full review
Paul Weber profile photo
September 14, 2018

Todoist Review: "Mid-level project management for small teams and individuals"

• Creates tasks easily using human language
  • Shares tasks and comments simply through email or desktop/mobile app
  • Allows new users to see tasks and priorities clearly without much of a learning curve
  • Only offers due dates, not defer or "start working on" dates
  • Some icons are too low contrast and incredibly hard to see
  • Fluctuation in paid vs premium features can make it hard to decide what account type is best for you
Todoist is great for an individual or small group with basic project management needs. We had used other simpler products in the past that left us missing features we needed and dropped a more complex product because it was overwhelming and distracting. Todoist is a great middle ground, particularly with strong cross-platform and web apps.
Read Paul Weber's full review
Chris Tuley profile photo
June 21, 2018

Review: "Todoist is a great, free to use, to do list manager."

• Easy to use interface
  • Ability to put in to-dos for a future day
  • Daily and weekly goals help you achieve more
  • Premium features are not explained well
  • Mac app does not sync well
Todoist is best used for an individual to do lists. While it can be used in collaboration with other Todoist users, I personally think it works best when used by a single person. The ability to use Todoist on any device is a huge plus and makes it easier to use.
Read Chris Tuley's full review
December 12, 2018

Todoist Review: "Great task management app that I use to organize and track my to-dos"

I use Todoist myself to organize my daily and weekly to-dos. It's a pretty simple app that offers support for iOS, Android and Mac OS as well. I use it to create tasks and sub-tasks for me and also organize my tasks in projects which help me to stay more focused on the project I am working on at that moment.
  • Todoist's overall design and user experience is very good, I really like it.
  • It's very simple and straightforward to use it.
  • I like when I can type e.g. today or tomorrow in the to-do text and it will understand that it's a deadline for the to-do.
  • I wish more premium features would be available for free users.
  • Would be great to have a better UI on mobile apps, as it's sometimes not that convenient to switch between projects on the mobile app.
Todoist is a great tool for a personal use. You can use it also as a freelancer or as a team member inside your team. I don't think it will be very convenient to use Todoist in larger organizations, but maybe I am wrong.
August 07, 2018

Review: "Want to be crazy productive? Drink the Todoist Kool-aid"

We use Todoist for personal task management and to keep projects synced. Todoist is always open, typically in my browser since I like to use it in tandem with Toggl, and guides my day from start to finish, both professionally and personally. I love the ability to add a task inside Gmail, tying my next step to the message it concerns. The interface is clean and modern, unlike a number of other solutions I've tried in the past, and adding a task and assigning teammates and dates is as simple as it should be. It's robust without being complicated.
  • Quickly add tasks with as much detail as needed
  • Integrates with tools like Gmail and Toggl for added functionality
  • Classifying tasks and projects using labels and filters gives you the flexibility needed to create a system that works for you
  • I wish it was easier to skip an instance of a recurring task when you're out of office or going on vacation. Instead, the only way I've found to hack around it is to change the start date each time with the every! ____ command
  • I'd like a calendar or side-by-side that let's me see the number of tasks across a given week, month, etc. That would help for planning purposes
  • It would be nice to see added insights about my productivity—days that are typically the most productive, types of tasks that typically take longest (integration with Toggl) or are postponed most frequently
Todoist is perfect for managing your own workflow, especially with recurring tasks that can't be automated but also don't deserve to take up valuable brain space worrying over. It's also great for syncing with other teammates, especially when you have simple tasks that you want to see the status of and communicate about in the same space. Todoist isn't a fully blown project management tool, and it doesn't bill itself that way. Instead, it allows you to manage your professional to-dos and your personal to-dos in a clean, simple, and downright joyful interface. Todoist honestly doesn't feel like work.
June 28, 2018

Todoist Review: "You can get it all done!"

Todoist is a great task management software that our entire company uses to delegate, complete, and organize our to-do lists.
  • You can easily delegate tasks on Todoist to your employees
  • It is easy to tag level of importance for task delegation as you can assign a due date with each task created
  • You can have multiple lists both professional and personal, it makes it great to organize tasks on any level!
  • Todoist could improve its notification features. Right now, task notifications only show up in the banner on your iPhone but not as a push notifications.
Todoist is a great option for nearly any type of company or organization. I can't think of a scenario where it wouldn't be a good choice.
Benjamin E. Jerew profile photo
May 16, 2018

Review: "Todoist Keeps My To-Do List Accessible Everywhere"

As a freelance writer, I need to keep track of about a dozen clients and projects that change from week to week. A calendar is a great place to start, but I found some calendar and task management solutions lacking. Todoist features two-way synchronization with Google Calendar and is available as a webpage and as an Android app (iOS, too), so I can view and organize tasks wherever I am.
  • Two-way Google Calendar synchronization helps me set up tasks by date and time, visible in-app and in-calendar.
  • Cross-platform availability synchronizes on the fly so my list is always up to date, no matter what device I'm looking at.
  • Labels, colors, and priority ratings are used to organize each item and visualize the day and week ahead.
  • I like the Chrome browser extension, which allows me to add a webpage as a task.
  • I think that Todoist should automatically sort its inbox chronologically. One can drag and drop or choose a sort, but there appears to be no default sort.
  • The productivity tracker allows you to set goals for tasks completed, which is interesting, but doesn't add much to the experience for me.
I am using only the free version right now, and only to organize my own projects, but Todoist seems like it might be useful for teams of any size. I'm sure that Todoist is a lot more powerful than what I am using it for. It seems like it might be especially suited for someone managing a team.
Read Benjamin E. Jerew's full review
Danielle Huntley profile photo
March 01, 2018

User Review: "Todoist Keeps This Busy Lawyer on Task"

I use Todoist for all of my firm's task management needs. As a busy lawyer with many clients, it's important that I have a nimble and flexible task management system. A lot of task management systems are very clunky - Todoist is not. It's intuitive, flexible and fast. I have to stay on top of my tasks and Todoist helps me do that.
  • Easy hierarchical organization
  • Fast task adding
  • Easy to date tasks and schedule reminders
  • I wish there was a way to re-deadline multiple tasks at once
  • Sometimes the drag and drop nesting structure can get a little screwy
It is suited for folks who are tech savvy, need to collaborate and like automation. The ability integrate Todoist with my practice management platform is crucial. It plays very nicely with Zapier integrations. It definitely follows the KISS principle which I appreciate. It's not over thought and it works smoothly on desktop and mobile.
Read Danielle Huntley's full review
Austin Smith profile photo
February 20, 2018

Todoist Review: "My absolute favorite task management tool!"

Todoist is being used across our organization as a way of managing tasks and collaborating with others within a project. The Getting Things Done approach has been crucial for us as we are getting our consulting firm off the ground. We don't let anything fall through the cracks whether they be ideas or tasks within projects, and that has largely been due to the functionality of Todoist.
  • Todoist allows us to work very quickly in tasking out projects.
  • Todoist has made our meetings much more streamlined in that we are able to stay focused and accomplish everything we need to accomplish.
  • Todoist syncs with our calendars and gives us all a good picture of how our weeks are laid out and how we can support one another.
  • Adding more collaborative function would be very helpful. I would love to be able to add two people to one task.
  • I would love to be able to have more than 200 projects. I work in a variety of fields and have projects in each one. The cap has been limiting at times.
  • A chat feature would be really helpful in collaboration. Comments are helpful, but a team chat would be great!
I think that the size of the company would directly determine whether or not Todoist would be right for the company. Larger companies with departments and divisions might find it difficult to utilize Todoist well. On the flip side, I think Todoist is great for small businesses and startups. It functions well and has everything someone might need to stay organized within projects.
Read Austin Smith's full review
Lenny Wasserman profile photo
May 18, 2018

User Review: "Me & Todoist"

I have used it on and off personally. I keep switching between similar apps because I can't seem to find the one that works the best.

The recurring task feature and natural language support are pretty good; the notes/comments feature is inconsistent in its implementation. It takes work to set up when following a system (GTD, 1MTD, etc.) Wish it used Start Dates.
  • Recurring dates
  • Date input
  • Notes/labels
Not the best for approaches using subtasks.
Read Lenny Wasserman's full review
May 18, 2018

Todoist Review: "a life saver!"

Todoist helps me manage my morning meetings. It let me remind about the upcoming tasks and I meet with customers accordingly.
  • Clean interface
  • Accessible on multiple platforms
  • Effective for project tracking
  • One thing that would make it better is a pop up ''alert'' style notification for when tasks are due or reminders come up. status bar notifications are somewhat easy to overlook
HandyTodoist is the perfect tool to use when you're running a very busy schedule, like in my line of work it can be really hard to keep track of all the different tasks that I need to get done and that is when Todoist comes in.

Todoist Scorecard Summary

Gantt Charts (1)
Scheduling (7)
Workflow Automation (7)
Team Collaboration (11)
Support for Agile Methodology (5)
Support for Waterfall Methodology (2)
Document Management (5)
Email integration (10)
Mobile Access (12)
Timesheet Tracking (2)
9.5
Change request and Case Management (2)
9.5
Budget and Expense Management (1)
Project & financial reporting (1)
Integration with accounting software (1)

About Todoist