Score 8.8 out of 10
Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager

What is Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager?

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager, and make your voice heard!

Premium

$36

per user, per year

Business

$60

per user, per year

For the latest information on pricing, visithttp://todoist.com/pricing

Product Demos

What's Todoist?
01:38
Best Free Project Management Software (ClickUp, Todoist, Trello, Airtable)
05:52

What is Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager?

Todoist is a web-based productivity app to help users keep track of all their important tasks and projects across 15+ platforms and in 20 different languages. With Todoist, individuals and teams can manage tasks and collaborate on shared projects on the web, mobile devices (iOS, iPad & Android), desktops (Windows & Mac), email inboxes (Gmail & Outlook), and web browsers (Google Chrome, Firefox, & Safari). Data is synchronized across all platforms in real time, even when offline.

Todoist helps break large projects down into smaller, more manageable chunks with sub-projects and sub-tasks. Plus, with labels, filters and task priority levels it's easy to categorize and customize tasks. Users are able to create a new task, view the status of their ongoing tasks, and view all completed tasks within their Todoist account.

Todoist helps users stay on-track with a unique point system called Todoist Karma. Todoist Karma gives points for completing tasks, using advanced features, and reaching weekly and monthly productivity goals. Users can see their tangible progress with visual graphs, color-coded by project. Other features of the platform include task comment abilities, overdue tasks tracking, recurring task creation, daily goal setting, customizable workflow creation, personalized productivity trends, and more.

Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager Screenshots

Screenshot of Available on every device.Screenshot of Organise work and life.Screenshot of Collaborate in projects.Screenshot of Create your own workflow.

Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager Videos

What Is Todoist?
While many options can carry a large pricetag, there are tons of free project management software available. In this video produced by the TrustRadius team, learn why Todoist is one of the best free project management software on the market.

Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager Integrations

Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager Competitors

• Google Tasks
  • Microsoft To Do (formerly Wunderlist)
  • Apple Tasks

Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Mobile Web
Supported LanguagesArabic, Chinese (cn), Chinese (tw), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish

Doist, a company boasting an entirely globally distributed workforce, offers Todoist, a project management platform emphasizing the needs of a distributed workforce. The application emphasizes tracking events over time with advanced closed task and progress reporting, with custom graphics for sharing or ease of review.

Google Tasks are common alternatives for Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager.

Reviewers rate Usability highest, with a score of 9.

The most common users of Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

Attribute Ratings

I've tried using project management software and other task management tools in the past but I have always come back to Todoist for its ease of use and simple yet effective functionality. It does a specific thing and does it really well without trying too hard or overextending its uses.
Todoist is more focused on its goal than Google Keeps and is far more intuitive to use. For example, with just a click we see immediately that Todoist provides a way to distill tasks so that we only see what's immediately pertinent to us, via the Filters (which can be customized and set to various priority levels). Also, Todoist's project board is something Google Keep doesn't even offer, it really can't even compete with Todoist simply because Todoist does so much more and was obviously designed with the business professional in mind.
November 05, 2021

Todoist is Awesome!!!

If I were to choose mutually exclusively, I would rather have Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager than all those 3 Google apps combined; but if Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager come out with an in-house calendar, then it would be super awesome.
[Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager] is significantly simpler and cheaper than most of the alternatives and doesn't complicate the management of tasks with a plethora of unnecessary features. While all the alternatives have strong feature sets, what Todoist does better than any of them is manage tasks, in theory the central point of them all.
Todoist: [To-Do List & Task Manager] is easier to use and makes it easier to assign owners and determine a due date. I feel more confident that I know where and how a task will be tracked when I use [Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager] versus any other similar software[.]
Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager is much more simple with the ability to remove tasks from a single list rather than moving the item. The price point is very low and even the free features of often enough for my needs. The ability to quickly add items, have them synced to my calendar and other apps make this a better solution for my work and life.
Slack has a lot of options but was not what we needed. If we would go back to a more detailed tool we would use Ryver as that has more functions we would actually use. TickTick is great but somehow Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager worked out better for us, but that is a very subjective opinion, as we recommend everyone try them out and decide for themselves.
I prefer Todoist over Microsoft Notes. Todoist offers reminders and such to make sure we are not forgetting to do something that might've slipped off our plate. Microsoft Notes is simply just a great way to take notes. Using both is great, but we mainly stick to Todoist because it offers great note taking features as well.
Oleksandr Torlo | TrustRadius Reviewer
Todoist has a number of undeniable advantages over other solutions in its class:
  • It is much simpler than a Jira.
  • It is a little more comfortable than Trello.
  • It is more usable than Miro.
  • It is suitable for any type of project.
Its disadvantages:
  • Not many integrations.
  • The mobile application requires improvement in some places for usability.
Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager is a more focused to-do app than monday.com or even Trello. It is simple yet flexible. However, Kanban power users will be underwhelmed by the limited functionality of the new board view. I hope that Doist will keep up the rapid pace of development to make the board functionality even more useful.
Jamie Caroland | TrustRadius Reviewer
I like Todoist better than Asana, Slack, and Boardable, but it may be simply because I don't use Todoist as a shared SaaS. Airtable serves a different main function (project management database), but inherent in it is the possibility of a large shared to-do list. Both Asana and Slack can become runaway trains for any size organization, especially if receiving multiple notifications via email and apps. Todoist is a much simpler platform. I appreciate that it is simple enough to be a single-user platform and still be very robust. Asana, Slack, and Boardable are multi-user by design, and not meant to function for single-use, but they can be. I find keeping track of multi-project anything in Slack is a big pain. There is also an issue of forward-facing information where it may be unneeded by everyone. Having given thought to synching apps through something like Zapier or ITTT to connect multiple platforms, it is a great idea for some, but I find simple use of simple platforms keeps my business life fairly well sorted out.
Jason Vance | TrustRadius Reviewer
I found that Todoist was the easiest way to organize all my tasks in multiple ways. I could be organized by date, priority, create sub-tasks, larger "areas" to keep things sorted. Others have a lot of the same options but not as good. I also really like how the app works on mobile and desktop. The main feature for me was the ability to have tasks, sub-tasks, and multiple ways to sort and organize.
Shane Murphy | TrustRadius Reviewer
There are so many task managers out there that it comes down to business needs and user preference. I selected Todoist because, for our particular business setup, it checked all the boxes. It's flexible, it's not limited to one ecosystem, and the price is exceptional. It can be integrated with things like Microsoft Outlook as well, which is a huge help when people are tied into that but don't find value in Microsoft To Do.
Paul Tedder | TrustRadius Reviewer
Asana is more project oriented and I really did not use it much, We used Trello with our team and while I liked it for projects, it really did not work for me with tasks. I have used many task managers over the years, and none can stack up to Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager, other than maybe Tick Tick.
Gavin Scott-Miller | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have been back and forth with these two pieces of software through the years, Microsoft Planner ultimately is ever chosen for its integration with other Microsoft accounts and software. Todoist is ultimately the more flexible and better for smaller teams or projects. Anyone who is in the Mac ecosystem will likely see this as a no brainer to choose Todoist.
In late 2013 / early 2014, our company was moving from Blackberry to iPhone. The to-do list application that I had been using for many years on Blackberry did not have an iOS version, so I needed to find another tool. Besides Todoist, I evaluated Wunderlist, Any.do, and TickTick. Todoist's features and flexibility were superior to the others and I haven't regretted the decision since.
Michael Ullman | TrustRadius Reviewer
We moved from Basecamp to Todoist.

As a 5-year Basecamp user (and fan), it was quite a leap to shift over to Todoist, but it was a crucial move, giving us far greater productivity, and better cross-platform and cross-team functionality.
We chose Todoist for the operational part of our business due to how quick and easy it was to maintain and operate. Our staff find it easy to use and it offers them a personal list which they can use for personal reminders, which helps keep them using the mobile app. We tested monday.com and Asana but decided to use Todoist, this is simply down to the simple and quick nature of the software, this fit our use case very well.
Danny Dickson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Todoist gives a great cross-platform to-do list app for us. Evernote is great for note-taking, but we like having a separate, compartmentalized to-do list app. It's super flexible and has a great AI for scheduling to-dos. You can simply type "take out the trash at 9 a.m. tomorrow" and it'll know exactly what you mean. Todoist was the most flexible and feature-rich for the price.