Todoist Reviews

Christy Price | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 11, 2020

Todoist helps you stay organized and is intuitive to use.

Alternatives Considered

I tried both ClickUp and Airtable for task management, but they were too complex for my needs and each had a major learning curve. Todoist is intuitive to use from the start and not bloated with features I would never use. It was easy to jump in and add projects, tasks, and set reminders and due dates.
Read Christy Price's full review
Vinicius Andrade | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 12, 2020

Efficient and practical

Alternatives Considered

I believe that, by the way, I use Todoist, it is more complementary than the ultimate option in the market. I use it every day for the everyday things, it is merely practical and tremendously easy to use, however, I don't think it is the best task manager, but I use it alongside others.
Read Vinicius Andrade's full review
James E. Heyward CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 03, 2020

A tool to structure your life!

Alternatives Considered

I feel that Todoist is the best of the applications that I have used and fits within my workflow better than any other application that I have used. I feel like the app is well thought out and gives the users the flexibility to implement in any manner they choose.
Read James E. Heyward CPA's full review
Vin Campbell | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 18, 2020

A nice task manager for weekly use

Alternatives Considered

The primary reason behind my use of ToDoist fell upon the multiple devices syncing and the ease of which to set up a task by using plain English language to set the date/time. When comparing ToDoist to the other solutions I listed above - ToDoist wins on these two items, but loses on Project management regarding Smartsheet, and overall to Microsoft 365 Business. With Microsoft - you get the task to manage within Outlook along with To Do - their replacement for Wunderlist - which allows much deeper integration with tools I already use.
Read Vin Campbell's full review
Mike Calabro | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 17, 2020

Todoist is the best of the best, as long as you pay for it

Alternatives Considered

Google Keep is what I used to use. It works in a pinch but is not really made as a todo app and therefore is missing lots of needed features. But I do like the way that it integrates with the rest of the Google/Android platform. Google Tasks is terrible and lacks any kind of organization features and does not play well with G Suite.
Read Mike Calabro's full review
February 26, 2020

Todoist is an excellent task management app for small teams

Alternatives Considered

I liked the interface for Todoist better than Wunderlist. I especially appreciate that the desktop app and the mobile app can be used in dark mode. I'm not sure if Wunderlist offers that now, but I hadn't seen that feature before. I found the aesthetics and organization of tasks on Todoist to be more intuitive, and the collaborative features were more suited to our needs.
February 25, 2020

A great middle-of-the-road choice that will be suitable for most

Alternatives Considered

I chose Todoist because of its excellent cross platform support. Whether Mac, Windows, Chromebook, iPhone, Android, or Web, Todoist does perhaps the best job of any task manager I've seen of making sure the interface is exactly the same no matter where you are. It makes it easy to pick right up no matter where you're accessing your tasks from.
February 12, 2020

Todoist - Simple and straightforward Task Manager

Alternatives Considered

I use Todoist in conjunction with Drafts. I use Drafts because it easily captures voice notes and will transfer over to the Todoist app. I have found that Todoist is more functional for me than Omnifocus. I find myself using the app on my iPhone more than I do the computer-based for my purposes.
Amber Callan | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 20, 2019

Best Platform for Personal Organization & Basic Business Project Management

Alternatives Considered

In terms of Project Management, our organization has also utilized Basecamp and Teamwork Projects. Like I've mentioned earlier in this review, we currently use Teamwork Projects to manage most of our projects. I personally use Todoist to manage small tasks professionally that don't fit nicely into a project.

Teamwork & Basecamp are more sophisticated which is a blessing and a curse. You're able to do so much more with each platform but it also requires more set-up to add a random task or project because you need to fill in all the appropriate details to keep your organization clean. Todoist is simple and much easier to quickly add a random task to your Inbox or general "work tasks" project.

Plus, I personally use and pay for Todoist because I can also add my personal tasks into the platform. This helps me to keep quick work tasks and tasks from my personal life separated by projects but kept together by the platform.
Read Amber Callan's full review
Tom Erdman | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 11, 2020

Todoist is the best to-do manager I've ever used!

Alternatives Considered

I'm always looking for ways to be more productive, especially in the realm of daily tasks. Working in IT can sometimes be like one of those magic eye paintings where there's an image hidden, but only if you focus just right and long enough; we're constantly being pulled away from what's directly in front of us. I've tried bullet journaling, Franklin Covey planners, and several other applications (Things, Trello, Kanban), and none are as easy to maintain and use as Todoist.
Read Tom Erdman's full review
Quentin Aisbett | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 09, 2020

Good User Experience. Simple To Use.

Alternatives Considered

I first used Evernote for a range of tasks and it was great for a while but once new apps and tools emerged, the role of a to-do app in my life became more specific. So I started trialing a few such as Remember the Milk and Google Keep. They do the same job but ultimately it was the simplicity and experience I enjoyed the most about Todoist.
Read Quentin Aisbett's full review
Michael Haberkern | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 19, 2019

Just try it!

Alternatives Considered

The only one I have used besides this is MS Project Pro. This is better and worse. Project is good for enterprise but this fills the void if you are a mobile and busy person.
Read Michael Haberkern's full review
Danny Dickson | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 26, 2019

Affordable, flexible, cross-platform to-do lists.

Alternatives Considered

Todoist gives a great cross-platform to-do list app for us. Evernote is great for note-taking, but we like having a separate, compartmentalized to-do list app. It's super flexible and has a great AI for scheduling to-dos. You can simply type "take out the trash at 9 a.m. tomorrow" and it'll know exactly what you mean. Todoist was the most flexible and feature-rich for the price.
Read Danny Dickson's full review
Andy Abramson | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 10, 2019

Why Todoist Does it For Me

Alternatives Considered

We tested against Wunderlist and never looked back. Todoist was better from the start and, being a Google G Suite team, the idea of Microsoft buying Wunderlist helped convince us to look at Todoist even more. We already were testing them both, but the acquisition had us concerned about future direction, and we made the right choice.
Read Andy Abramson's full review
Craige Hardel | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 25, 2019

Decent productivity app for the focused

Alternatives Considered

Todoist allows you to easier visualize and compartmentalize tasks for various people within your organization. It also provides a better interface when organizing those activities. The integrations are vast and it made the different when picking. Both tools are decent but have very different practical purposes and for some workflows may even be complementary. Todoist was more suitable for my use case.
Read Craige Hardel's full review
December 20, 2019

One of the best todo apps

Alternatives Considered

Wunderlist - Todoist has many more features. Also, Wunderlist is being discontinued due to migration to Microsoft To-Do (which is still lacking many of the features of Todoist)

TickTick - Probably the closest competitor to Todoist, has a few more features (Pomodoro timer, calendar view, etc.), including more features for free. However, it *seems* that it's not as geared toward business use (namely because there's not a business tier, but that's not a great comparison).
December 19, 2019

Solid Todo app for personal project management

Alternatives Considered

I've also used Google Tasks, Things 3, and Microsoft To Do. Ultimately I went with Todoist for a few reasons. The natural language processing is the biggest game changer because it saves me from having to set a bunch of options for recurring, dates, projects, etc. I also found that there was enough structure in Todoist to make it easy to understand while being flexible enough to not be locked into a particular project management style. I found the others to be either too flexible (like Things 3) or too rigid (like Any.do) to be useful.
November 12, 2019

Todoist is like a to-do list with a jet engine

Alternatives Considered

We chose Todoist for the operational part of our business due to how quick and easy it was to maintain and operate. Our staff find it easy to use and it offers them a personal list which they can use for personal reminders, which helps keep them using the mobile app. We tested monday.com and Asana but decided to use Todoist, this is simply down to the simple and quick nature of the software, this fit our use case very well.
October 16, 2019

No more overwhelm

Alternatives Considered

I've used Trello before, but for me it has a lot of features focused on team work and file sharing which I don't need. I think Trello is better for teams and small projects.
ToDoist is better for my specific use cases as I have a lot of projects and tasks, while in Trello with so many tasks I couldn't clearly see the big picture and it was harder to dive deeper. Todoist solved my big projects overwhelm issue.
September 21, 2019

Todoist? It's done!

Alternatives Considered

I tried using Meister for its email integration, but in general, the built-in task tracker in our email client was sufficient in that regard. Todoist feels less clunky than the tasks that Outlook offers (ditto Gmail) and it's nice to have a separate app for task management. Additionally, the Todoist app is just for tasks (as we use it) so there's no digging around trying to find the screen you need.

Task Management (52)
9.2
Resource Management (23)
Gantt Charts (4)
Scheduling (39)
Workflow Automation (19)
Team Collaboration (37)
Support for Agile Methodology (16)
Support for Waterfall Methodology (12)
Document Management (10)
Email integration (34)
Mobile Access (49)
9.5
Timesheet Tracking (5)
Change request and Case Management (5)
Budget and Expense Management (4)
Quotes/estimates (3)
Invoicing (1)
Project & financial reporting (2)
9.7
Integration with accounting software (3)
5.7

About Todoist

Doist, a company boasting an entirely globally distributed workforce, offers Todoist, a project management platform emphasizing the needs of a distributed workforce. The application emphasizes tracking events over time with advanced closed task and progress reporting, with custom graphics for sharing or ease of review.