Todoist Reviews

Christy Price | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 11, 2020

Todoist helps you stay organized and is intuitive to use.

Likelihood to Recommend

Todoist is great for one person or collaboration with a very small group. The simplicity of the interface helps you create and assign tasks quickly, but it can become unwieldy if you are managing several collaborators within one project. Overall, Todoist is perfect for my needs as a company of one and I'd recommend it to other solopreneurs.
Read Christy Price's full review
Mike Bissett | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 18, 2020

Simple, Easy-to-Use Time Management Tool

Likelihood to Recommend

I think Todoist is particularly useful for people who frequently bounce between a desktop and mobile app. The interface is simple and syncing is automatic. This is a great tool for travelers, both business and personal.
Read Mike Bissett's full review
Vinicius Andrade | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 12, 2020

Efficient and practical

Likelihood to Recommend

For daily tasks, Todoist is perfect, and also to divide a project into small tasks. The visualization favors the tasks you have to do, and that is the proposal of the app, I imagine. However, I don't see a use for it in my complex projects that last for weeks or months. Even breaking all tasks and classifying in a label and using filters, I would still have difficulty managing the progress of the project, mainly because other tools allow me to estimate and count the time spent as well as doing a burndown.
Read Vinicius Andrade's full review
James E. Heyward CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 03, 2020

A tool to structure your life!

Likelihood to Recommend

• Todoist is great for organizing tasks across platforms and performing "brain dumps," so you can document something the moment you think about something.
  • The software is terrific for any list you need to keep - shopping, grocery, reading, errands. The recurring task feature is excellent as well for things you must due repeatedly.
Read James E. Heyward CPA's full review
Vin Campbell | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 18, 2020

A nice task manager for weekly use

Likelihood to Recommend

I'd recommend ToDoist to folks looking for a simple task management tool that allows quick and easy task setup. I'd also recommend this tool to people who need a go-to tool for tasks they look to complete in a week's time as the outlook only goes as far as 7 days out. I didn't find this tool to be well suited for someone looking to manage far-reaching tasks (monthly schedule), or those who rely heavily on Outlook/Office 365. There are plenty of other task managers that do these things better.
Read Vin Campbell's full review
Mike Calabro | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 17, 2020

Todoist is the best of the best, as long as you pay for it

Likelihood to Recommend

I did my due diligence when searching for a todo app. Todoist is the industry leader for a reason. It is very easy to add new tasks and subtasks using Google Assistant. That feature isn't flawless though, you have to ask Google Assistant to talk to Todoist before giving any commands. You really need to have the paid version to get the most out of the app. I start my day with a list of daily tasks. I still do this the old fashioned way by writing down my tasks for the day on a sheet of paper. It just seems easier for me to do it that way.
Read Mike Calabro's full review
February 26, 2020

Todoist is an excellent task management app for small teams

Likelihood to Recommend

Todoist is great for straight task management. It's not necessarily a great solution for projects that require documents, links, or other types of context around a certain task. For example, something like Asana allows for more information to be added in description areas and offers templates around organizing tasks in the scope of a larger project, but Todoist is really best for creating a list, checking it twice, and getting things done.
February 25, 2020

A great middle-of-the-road choice that will be suitable for most

Likelihood to Recommend

I would say that if someone is looking for a general personal task manager that it's hard to go wrong with Todoist. It's a major player in the space for a reason, and it has all the features you'd expect like projects, tags, dates, and flexible recurring options. Not a big learning curve.
February 14, 2020

Todoist - Easy to Use and Implement Task and Project Management Tool!

Likelihood to Recommend

Todoist is a great tool if you need something that is very easy to implement and train your employees on. When you need to track and list tasks and their details, Todoist fits the bill. Also, when you need to integrate with other tools Todoist does that easily with its open API.
February 12, 2020

Todoist - Simple and straightforward Task Manager

Likelihood to Recommend

Todoist is very simple and straightforward to use. Easy to reschedule tasks to current or future date if it falls to past due task. Does an excellent job (on the paid version) of providing the tags, filters, and different project options.
January 16, 2020

Love it! I use it every day!

Likelihood to Recommend

If you constantly need reminders to do things and you're not very organised, Todoist is just the thing. I can't think of a scenario where Todoist wouldn't help an entrepreneur/business owner immensely.
Amber Callan | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 20, 2019

Best Platform for Personal Organization & Basic Business Project Management

Likelihood to Recommend

I personally love Todoist. It helps me manage my day in the office and at home. Honestly, I don't know how I used to live without it. If you're personally looking for a simple checklist or project management software, there's nothing better than Todoist for simplicity, ease of use and price. If you're looking for a robust, advanced business project management software, there may be better options with advanced features that you want (we use Teamwork Projects, for example). I would say if you're a small team, then Todoist business could fit your needs while you grow. Once you get beyond a couple of members on your team, I could see how you may want advanced features that Todoist simply doesn't offer.
Read Amber Callan's full review
Tom Erdman | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 11, 2020

Todoist is the best to-do manager I've ever used!

Likelihood to Recommend

I've already recommended and converted several co-workers to this app. It works perfectly for adding tasks coming from email, brainstorming sessions, or just a normal workday. The ease with which you can enter tasks makes it so much easier to use than other options that I've come back to it on two different occasions after trying other methods. I can see cases where it isn't as appropriate - my wife is more likely to carry a notebook than a device, for instance, so it doesn't work as well. But given the integration and sync across devices, it's hard not to recommend for most folks for task tracking.
Read Tom Erdman's full review
Quentin Aisbett | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 09, 2020

Good User Experience. Simple To Use.

Likelihood to Recommend

Todoist is well suited for the individual that is currently writing to-do lists on pieces of paper. The digital record and access to those important to-do items is a huge asset. On the flip side, if you're trying to use your access to larger project management tools for basic task management, Todoist can be a nice break from the complex features. It's not necessarily well-suited if you need to collaborate or are using it for more complex tasks.
Read Quentin Aisbett's full review
Michael Haberkern | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 19, 2019

Just try it!

Likelihood to Recommend

This does everything you need. It is quick and even has an app so you can stay mobile. You can flag and categorize events. You can even add contacts and photos or uploads of quotes and what not. It has literally made me a better manager and person. I get complimented on my "memory" but I owe a lot of it to the app.
Read Michael Haberkern's full review
Danny Dickson | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 26, 2019

Affordable, flexible, cross-platform to-do lists.

Likelihood to Recommend

Todoist is a great tool to manage individual and family to-dos. Not as well equipped for organizations. I use it to manage personal and work to-dos, but not projects across our organization. There are more robust and feature-filled apps for that, but I don't think that is what Todoist was made for, so it's not a big downside.

I use it to make checklists of topics for one on ones with my direct reports, and even have a shared list that my project manager and I use to prioritize our discussion points before we start our 1:1s. This is a shared list that we both add to throughout the week as we prepare for our meeting. We both meet with our superior throughout the week, and this helps to keep us in sync without always meeting. We even have Alexa hooked up to it to create a shopping list using our voice on Alexa, which gets added to a Todoist list. I like this because ToDoist has an Apple Watch app, so you can walk around the grocery store glancing at your watch and marking items off instead of having your phone out or a pen and paper.

Read Danny Dickson's full review
Andy Abramson | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 10, 2019

Why Todoist Does it For Me

Likelihood to Recommend

For people who keep lists, Todoist is the bomb. It's suited for anyone who needs to follow up on their own work and the work of others. The ability to "tag" tasks and group them together is a big plus for the organization. It can get a bit overwhelming, though, if you have too many. Label management needs to also "remind" the user of labels that have not been used in a while and ask to archive. That would be a nice hygiene feature to add.
Read Andy Abramson's full review
Craige Hardel | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 25, 2019

Decent productivity app for the focused

Likelihood to Recommend

Suited: Large teams working together on simple or complex tasks e.g. marketing campaign
Suited: On the go personal use
Suited: Business person and solopreneur looking to stay organized
Not suited: If you don't do work online
Not suited: Constantly on the move and not a tech enthusiast
Not suited: If you're more kanban and big picture oriented instead of to list minded
Read Craige Hardel's full review
Kristina Wiggins | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 21, 2019

Todoist is excellent

Likelihood to Recommend

Todoist is well suited for anyone that has multiple things going on both professionally and personally. It gives you the ability to stay on task and not forget about it. One of my favorite features is that I can take a screenshot of something I need to do and share it right to Todoist and create a task!
Read Kristina Wiggins's full review
Hernán Silva | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 16, 2019

The best free task management app

Likelihood to Recommend

Todoist is well suited for small projects where a to-do list and a schedule is enough for most personal task management. It is not well suited for managing projects where several team members have to collaborate on a project or task.
Read Hernán Silva's full review
September 02, 2019

Todoist: a swiss knife of productivity in the right hands.

Likelihood to Recommend

For us it has been invaluable in replacing endless email chains with task lists that are manually updated. On the individual level people used to use individual paper notebooks with their personal task lists, which would mean it was almost impossible to to share these tasks between people (even in scenarios where that task involved one person, having a backup in case that person was no longer available was invaluable).

Training users out of their old habits into using Todoist is hard and will probably add some overhead to its implementation, but for us it has been worth it.

Task Management (52)
9.2
Resource Management (23)
Gantt Charts (4)
Scheduling (39)
Workflow Automation (19)
Team Collaboration (37)
Support for Agile Methodology (16)
Support for Waterfall Methodology (12)
Document Management (10)
Email integration (34)
Mobile Access (49)
9.5
Timesheet Tracking (5)
Change request and Case Management (5)
Budget and Expense Management (4)
Quotes/estimates (3)
Invoicing (1)
Project & financial reporting (2)
9.7
Integration with accounting software (3)
5.7

About Todoist

Doist, a company boasting an entirely globally distributed workforce, offers Todoist, a project management platform emphasizing the needs of a distributed workforce. The application emphasizes tracking events over time with advanced closed task and progress reporting, with custom graphics for sharing or ease of review.