Todoist Reviews

Mike Calabro | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 17, 2020

Todoist is the best of the best, as long as you pay for it

Return on Investment

• Before I started using Todoist, I used Google Keep and lots of notepads to try and stay organized. Many projects would get lost in all the clutter. Todoist has helped me keep all of my tasks in one area so I don't forget any. More work done, means more money made.
  • Creating custom views is a bit of a pain. As an example, if I only want to see the task for a certain project that is due in the next 7 days, I need to spend lots of time fiddling with the app to do this. More time spent on trying to get the app to do what I want means less time I have to spend on doing the actual work. It feels a bit overwhelming in this sense and I use the app less and less due to this issue.
Read Mike Calabro's full review
February 14, 2020

Todoist - Easy to Use and Implement Task and Project Management Tool!

Return on Investment

• Todoist has had a huge impact on our efficiency for assigning tasks and seeing what projects we have so we know how many we can take.
  • Todoist has helped us with resources by showing the project distribution so we know who is at capacity.
January 16, 2020

Love it! I use it every day!

Return on Investment

• Todoist has definitely helped keep me on track, since I have stopped forgetting what I need to do.
  • It has also increased customer satisfaction rate by at least 50% since I get back to people in a timely manner.
  • It has increased my productivity by 200% on days where I have lots to do.
Amber Callan | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 20, 2019

Best Platform for Personal Organization & Basic Business Project Management

Return on Investment

• Positive - When small tasks come up via email (like to update a sentence on a client website or to create a new Facebook ad with a new image), it doesn't make sense for me to create an entirely new project or to slip one of these small tasks into an unrelated client project. Todoist's email integration makes it easy for me to create a task and remember what I need to get done. This helps our clients get a quick turnaround on little asks, keeping them happy and increasing our retention.
  • Positive - Todoist helps me keep my productivity at an all-time high. While Teamwork Projects gives me the official due dates of big milestones in our projects, Todoist helps me keep track of the small things easily. Since it is so simple, I don't need to fill out a bunch of information to save a task, I just type in "change client email tomorrow" and boom! A task is created!
  • Positive - From a personal side, Todoist helps me stay focused on work when I'm at work. When I know what I have to accomplish in my personal life for the day, it makes it easier to wake up, determine what I'm going to do in the morning and what I'm going to do in the evening. Then I don't worry about my personal projects during the day and I don't forget tasks to run my household. I'm not calling places at work to make appointments or getting distracted because I forgot to do something important that needs to get done today. I know everything is noted and marked by day, so I can only check out my work projects when I'm at work!
Read Amber Callan's full review
Danny Dickson | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 26, 2019

Affordable, flexible, cross-platform to-do lists.

Return on Investment

• I don't think it has a major business impact, but for personal and family to-do's it works wonders.
  • For members of our org that use the app, I feel they benefit greatly. For motivated individuals, it's a great value add, but for others, I don't think it will cause motivation that doesn't already exist.
  • It's great for getting small tasks out of our employees' heads and into flexible, organized lists.
Read Danny Dickson's full review
Pamela Xeele | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 18, 2019

Todoist makes my to do list very easy and manageable.

Return on Investment

• It allows me to stay organized and complete tasks on time. This allows me to complete projects on time.
  • It allows me to manage tasks of my direct reports when they are out of the office and need support, the reminder feature is awesome at supporting this role.
Read Pamela Xeele's full review
Andy Abramson | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 10, 2019

Why Todoist Does it For Me

Return on Investment

• Todoist offers great value for money. I will keep using it.
  • It allows me to look quickly at what's important each day.
  • It helps me keep others on track by reminding me of what's important.
Read Andy Abramson's full review
Craige Hardel | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 25, 2019

Decent productivity app for the focused

Return on Investment

• Saved time from shuffling todoist and requests through email
  • Increased focus and overall speed of team in execution of their duties
  • Negative: made everyone dependant on tech (phones or laptop to stay informed of what's happening)
Read Craige Hardel's full review
September 02, 2019

Todoist: a swiss knife of productivity in the right hands.

Return on Investment

• Negative: initial training for users can be difficult and the software does not have a "Wizard"-style introductory phase that makes its functions clear to non-technical users which for us meant about two 1-hour sessions with different groups of people for the general introduction to the software and then a hard-to-quantify amount of individual followup.
  • Positive: once users got into the habit of using tags and labels, plus some automation configuration using G Suite, booking company resources has become exponentially faster. For example, booking a meeting room used to be a minimum 60 second process (open GCal, add meeting, select company resource, book meeting room), with Todoist advanced users can do it in less than 10 seconds (Ctrl+Shift+A, "Brainstorming session Tuesday 3pm @TeamA #Meeting", enter)

Task Management (52)
9.2
Resource Management (23)
Gantt Charts (4)
Scheduling (39)
Workflow Automation (19)
Team Collaboration (37)
Support for Agile Methodology (16)
Support for Waterfall Methodology (12)
Document Management (10)
Email integration (34)
Mobile Access (49)
9.5
Timesheet Tracking (5)
Change request and Case Management (5)
Budget and Expense Management (4)
Quotes/estimates (3)
Invoicing (1)
Project & financial reporting (2)
9.7
Integration with accounting software (3)
5.7

About Todoist

Doist, a company boasting an entirely globally distributed workforce, offers Todoist, a project management platform emphasizing the needs of a distributed workforce. The application emphasizes tracking events over time with advanced closed task and progress reporting, with custom graphics for sharing or ease of review.