Score 8.8 out of 10
Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager

What is Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager?

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager, and make your voice heard!

Premium

$36

per user, per year

Business

$60

per user, per year

For the latest information on pricing, visithttp://todoist.com/pricing

Product Demos

What's Todoist?
01:38
Best Free Project Management Software (ClickUp, Todoist, Trello, Airtable)
05:52

What is Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager?

Todoist is a web-based productivity app to help users keep track of all their important tasks and projects across 15+ platforms and in 20 different languages. With Todoist, individuals and teams can manage tasks and collaborate on shared projects on the web, mobile devices (iOS, iPad & Android), desktops (Windows & Mac), email inboxes (Gmail & Outlook), and web browsers (Google Chrome, Firefox, & Safari). Data is synchronized across all platforms in real time, even when offline.

Todoist helps break large projects down into smaller, more manageable chunks with sub-projects and sub-tasks. Plus, with labels, filters and task priority levels it's easy to categorize and customize tasks. Users are able to create a new task, view the status of their ongoing tasks, and view all completed tasks within their Todoist account.

Todoist helps users stay on-track with a unique point system called Todoist Karma. Todoist Karma gives points for completing tasks, using advanced features, and reaching weekly and monthly productivity goals. Users can see their tangible progress with visual graphs, color-coded by project. Other features of the platform include task comment abilities, overdue tasks tracking, recurring task creation, daily goal setting, customizable workflow creation, personalized productivity trends, and more.

Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager Screenshots

Screenshot of Available on every device.Screenshot of Organise work and life.Screenshot of Collaborate in projects.Screenshot of Create your own workflow.

Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager Videos

What Is Todoist?
While many options can carry a large pricetag, there are tons of free project management software available. In this video produced by the TrustRadius team, learn why Todoist is one of the best free project management software on the market.

Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager Integrations

Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager Competitors

• Google Tasks
  • Microsoft To Do (formerly Wunderlist)
  • Apple Tasks

Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Mobile Web
Supported LanguagesArabic, Chinese (cn), Chinese (tw), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish

Doist, a company boasting an entirely globally distributed workforce, offers Todoist, a project management platform emphasizing the needs of a distributed workforce. The application emphasizes tracking events over time with advanced closed task and progress reporting, with custom graphics for sharing or ease of review.

Google Tasks are common alternatives for Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager.

Reviewers rate Usability highest, with a score of 9.

The most common users of Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

Attribute Ratings

Categorize by project and manage all my official (& personal) To-Do's in one location. The widget on my iPhone home screen provides me with a clear view of the upcoming items for the day. The ease of adding new items and setting due dates in conversational terms and especially directly from an email makes this an indispensable tool.
I am using Todoist for my business and personal life. It handles all of my important tasks and project work. It keeps me focused and is my most used productivity tool. It organises all of my important tasks. It stops me from missing deadlines and losing track of my key projects.
To-Doist is used to prioritize tasks. This job, by nature, has many moving parts across separate domains, and prioritizing every bit of information can be very challenging. It addresses problems such as Forgetfulness, and looming deadlines. Things are no longer late, but rather right on time. I'm personally grateful that it is so easy to use, as a software or application that takes too long to learn how to use would have been quickly discarded, as time is very valuable.
We use [Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager] across our micro company to manage our workload and task management. It is used for all our projects, internal and external, and is integrated into our calendar system Fantastical. Todoist also integrates into Google Workplace as well as our Chrome browsers to provide access to our tasks across a whole suit of our working environment.
We use Todoist: [To-Do List & Task Manager] to track open tasks and help stakeholders understand the progress of key initiatives. For example, we use Todoist: [To-Do List & Task Manager] in all of our sprint retros...whenever we identify a follow-up item that needs to be done we create a "to do" and assign it to someone with a due date. Then, in the next retro we review the previous to-dos to see if there are any open items.
It is used on an individual basis to keep priorities in line when managing multiple projects and clients. It is also being used to organize repeated procedures. This is done by creating projects for various facets of the individual's life and then organizing tasks within each of those. Days are prioritized at the end of each week and tasks are moved according to available work time and rolling deadlines.
Primarily used to track administrative type activities and also used heavily for personal task management. Our team had been using this across our department but tracking had become difficult and we opted to use for our individual tasking instead. Was easier for us to set up projects according to our individual preferences.
We use Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager to share important tasks between two people in the company. We needed something easy and I have been using Todoist personally for years so we decided to give it a try in team and project organization. As we are only two people post team organization tools had more options than we needed so we went back to a simple thing we knew.
I use Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager to run my entire business. I use it to track client projects, tasks and to track my productivity. I use it to share access to tasks that I need to assign to my team. It helps me be able to know where everything is at without having to micromanage my team.
We use Todoist mainly for task management. This helps keeps track of the work we have to complete and take care of for the various clients we have in our portfolio. Mainly the sales team in our department utilizes this software, and this helps us keep our tasks in order by making sure we are completing tasks by the deadlines we set.
Oleksandr Torlo | TrustRadius Reviewer
We needed a simple solution for accounting tasks in various subsections of the company, but everyone was already very tired of Trello. I wanted something fresh and more effective. I have been using Todoist as a personal task manager for a long time and have suggested implementing it in team processes. The experiment was successful and we bought a subscription for the whole company.
Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager is my task and project management software for every task of my company. It provides a robust and flexible framework for structuring projects, recurring tasks, managing deadlines, and setting up filters and saved searches, among other features.

I also happen to rely on Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager for personal and household task management.
Molly Terbovich-Ridenhour | TrustRadius Reviewer
Todoist is my go to To-Do list for both personal and professional tasks. The is used for day-to-day planning, long term time management, as well as keeping projects organized. Viewing daily tasks and looking ahead to upcoming days assist in my everyday frame of mind in order to be the most productive. Moving tasks is easily completed and making notes and resources within tasks make the planning and a one stop shop of the every changing to-do list.
Jamie Caroland | TrustRadius Reviewer
As an independent contractor, I use it for business task management for several clients and volunteer activities. Currently, I use the free plan, which is very robust for my needs. Currently, I do not use Todoist in a shared capacity.
I mainly used Todoist to manage my personal projects as well as some corporate ones. It is an easy to use productivity app that can work across different OS platforms. I used it to keep track of my progress of lists like groceries, personal productivity targets and a few others. It solved the versatility part for being able to add an item on one platform and stay on top of it no matter what device I was using. Also being able to migrate to a new OS meant that I did not need to start from scratch.
Jason Vance | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Todoist to manage all my tasks not related to projects. I also use it as a CRM for personal meetings and a wish list for books and other things I am looking to purchase. All my tasks are split into two sections. One for personal and one for business. Each section is then broken down into subsections for easier management. Each task is rated for priority and given a date. This helps keep me organized and on top of all my tasks.
Uli Lauterbach | TrustRadius Reviewer
All in All a great Todo-List app but: I subcribed with them 3 years ago paying by PayPal. I just wanted to subcribe for another year. But they do not support PayPal no more, only Credit Card. This is a no go and not trustworthy. What's next? This turns a 5-Star software straight into a 0-Star software!
Shane Murphy | TrustRadius Reviewer
While I was responsible for OEC's Field Services Group, I implemented Todoist throughout my team to help them better keep things moving in their work as field consultants. There are so many things that they need to follow up on and maintain to keep customers moving along and Todoist is an easy, app-based solution that facilitated that. My leadership team also shared projects amongst ourselves to keep each other on task and focused on a daily basis.
Paul Tedder | TrustRadius Reviewer
We do not implement a company wide task manager. I use this personally to manage all of my work tasks and projects. While there is a quite capable team feature in the app, I do not use it.
Gavin Scott-Miller | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our organization is large enough to allow individual teams to choose how we do task management. We have worked between Microsoft Planner and Todoist. They both have their ups and downs but Todoist and their small team of application developers have allowed for multiple incredible increases in feature set which I really appreciate it feels fast and agile compared to a bloated large multi million dollar organization like Microsoft.
I have used [Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager] for over 7 years to track my business and personal tasks and I introduced it to my executive team a few years ago. The reason for my roll-out to this team was to be able to delegate critical tasks and to track their status on a daily basis. These were the top 10 to 15 tasks that needed to be addressed by our division at any given time and Todoist helped me to improve my reporting to corporate management on their status.