Todoist Reviews

Christy Price | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 11, 2020

Todoist helps you stay organized and is intuitive to use.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Todoist to organize my business. I have multiple projects (blog post ideas, business development, clients, etc) and each of these can be scheduled for a particular date. I'm a one-woman business, so Todoist is a simple way for me to take notes and plan out client work without the complexity of Airtable or ClickUp.
Read Christy Price's full review
Vinicius Andrade | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 12, 2020

Efficient and practical

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Today I make more personal use of Todoist and not just things from my job. I use it more to write down small daily jobs or quick things for the next few days. I save time knowing what I need to do in my day, whether in the app, on the widget at the home screen on my smartphone, laptop, or desktop.
Read Vinicius Andrade's full review
James E. Heyward CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 03, 2020

A tool to structure your life!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Todoist to organize my business and personal tasks daily, we aren't using it throughout the entire organization, but I do use to plan assignments for staff. The software is excellent for organizing thoughts and implementing the GTD Method of task management.
Read James E. Heyward CPA's full review
Vin Campbell | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 18, 2020

A nice task manager for weekly use

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I've used ToDoist as a task manager for my consulting firm, as well as personal use. Having all my tasks synced across all my devices was a key sell point to this solution. Also - having a simple method to add tasks to specific projects and prioritize the quickly and easily was important to me as well.
Read Vin Campbell's full review
Mike Calabro | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 17, 2020

Todoist is the best of the best, as long as you pay for it

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

As a freelance photographer, I need to stay organized. I always have multiple projects going on all at once. I've been using Todoist for about three years and it has helped me to make sure that I get both my business and personal work done. I love how easily it syncs between my computer and phone.
Read Mike Calabro's full review
Tom Erdman | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 11, 2020

Todoist is the best to-do manager I've ever used!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Todoist is primarily used by a few folks in my department. Please take note, however - they're the most productive folks we have. Todoist obviously can't take all the credit for that, but it's a ringing endorsement. Todoist does a great job of making it easy to capture all the menial tasks that pop up on an IT department's radar but then get lost when a fire comes up.
Read Tom Erdman's full review
February 26, 2020

Todoist is an excellent task management app for small teams

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We've used Todoist as a project management tool between two teammates in the same department. It's helped the two of us specifically collaborate more effectively and keep track of what the other person is working on without involving the entire organization. We've really enjoyed the features that allow us to sort, tag, and assign tasks between the two of us. We're also able to use this in conjunction with our own personal todo lists, which means tasks aren't getting lost on a new app we're forgetting to check!
February 25, 2020

A great middle-of-the-road choice that will be suitable for most

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I used Todoist as a personal task manager for years. I never tried the teams feature, but overall I found it to be a more than capable cross-platform productivity app that seems to hit a sweet spot between ease of use and overall depth of features for power users.
February 14, 2020

Todoist - Easy to Use and Implement Task and Project Management Tool!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Todoist to help organize projects, tasks and whom those tasks are assigned to. Before moving to Todoist we didn't have one solution to view all of these items within one screen and/or solution. We can also add details to each task such as attachments, notes, history and more.
February 12, 2020

Todoist - Simple and straightforward Task Manager

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Todoist to keep track of both key business and personal projects that need to be done. It has been an excellent tool to get critical items for projects listed out and prioritized quickly. It is effortless to get something entered and then sort from the inbox into the appropriate project folder.
January 16, 2020

Love it! I use it every day!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

As someone with lots of clients, I rely on Todoist daily to give me prompts on what to do and when to do it. I find it most useful when I have to send a client an email but I'm too busy (so I put that task in for later) and when I have to follow up on a client. I also love that with the Premium version, I can schedule in the exact time and date for a prompt to remind me to do something. I also like the gamification of it, where I get points for completing tasks. I'm now a Karma Master. :)
March 13, 2020

Todoist is a great personal management tool

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am currently using this tool for personal task management outside of our primary project management tool (Jira). I wanted something simple to keep track of my most pressing to-do's, reminders and syncing with my email. I do recommend this tool to peers, but adoption across the organization if voluntary.
Amber Callan | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 20, 2019

Best Platform for Personal Organization & Basic Business Project Management

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Todoist is what I use to manage my daily tasks in my professional and personal life. While my organization uses a more advanced project management software (Teamwork Projects) to manage the big picture tasks and workflows of our office, I find Todoist's simplicity to be key in managing small tasks that pop up through emails or small internal tasks that we don't necessarily want to build out a big project for.
Read Amber Callan's full review
Quentin Aisbett | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 09, 2020

Good User Experience. Simple To Use.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am the only person within our agency that uses Todoist. I use it for work and personal task management. So whilst it doesn't directly address business problems, it helps me to feel better organized and on top of day-to-day tasks.
Read Quentin Aisbett's full review
Michael Haberkern | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 19, 2019

Just try it!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Use it as a collobrative tool and share with team members and also use it at home for to-do lists and even shopping. It is a great tool, even the free version is great.
Read Michael Haberkern's full review
Danny Dickson | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 26, 2019

Affordable, flexible, cross-platform to-do lists.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Todoist is great for my personal to-do list. I like that it gives a compartmentalized view of my todos, though we use more robust business process management tools for managing projects and workflows across the organization. For strictly a to-do list, it is the best I've found. It allows multiple levels of nesting, and is more affordable and easier to use than OmniFocus.
Read Danny Dickson's full review
McKay Salisbury | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 10, 2020

Quick, easy to use, and isn't bogged down with extra features

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I just used Todoist myself to help me jot down what I needed to accomplish that day. I would keep it open and make a list. Then I would order it and just go down the list throughout the day. It is basically a free replacement for a Post-It note. Its strength is that it is simple.
Read McKay Salisbury's full review
Andy Abramson | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 10, 2019

Why Todoist Does it For Me

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We haven't networked Todoist, but I use it every day, and it's my task list, reminder checklist, and high-level task organizer. It integrates nicely with many of the services we use, and by pairing it with Zapier, it has become a really cool way to keep things on track. I used many other similar apps in the past, but I find Todoist to be the best for my needs.
Read Andy Abramson's full review
Craige Hardel | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 25, 2019

Decent productivity app for the focused

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We've used Todoist to keep our tasks coordinated. Myself along with my assistant used it to stay on track with key tasks to be completed. It was essential especially as we're in different time zones and have strict deadlines to ensure our content goes out on time. Todoist helped not knowing who had to do what and also provided a system of keeping my employees accountable and on task.
Read Craige Hardel's full review
Kristina Wiggins | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 21, 2019

Todoist is excellent

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I absolutely cannot live without ToDoist for both my professional and personal life. When I’m choosing to-do list software it is imperative for me to have an app as well as a web-based version. Todoist also makes it easy and efficient to communicate, collaborate and work with my entire team.
Read Kristina Wiggins's full review
September 02, 2019

Todoist: a swiss knife of productivity in the right hands.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Todoist is currently used by all non-administrative employees at the firm. For us it replaced our old system of shared Google Calendars to track court dates, filing due dates, meetings which was non-intuitive and was also prone to cross-platform issues (someone would add something through the Calendar website, someone else would modify it through the Calendar app on iPhone and then someone would try to accept an invite on Android and somewhere in the middle things would de-sync). Having one central app helps avoids most of those problems (at the cost of some overhead due to having to install the software on each device).

Task Management (52)
9.2
Resource Management (23)
Gantt Charts (4)
Scheduling (39)
Workflow Automation (19)
Team Collaboration (37)
Support for Agile Methodology (16)
Support for Waterfall Methodology (12)
Document Management (10)
Email integration (34)
Mobile Access (49)
9.5
Timesheet Tracking (5)
Change request and Case Management (5)
Budget and Expense Management (4)
Quotes/estimates (3)
Invoicing (1)
Project & financial reporting (2)
9.7
Integration with accounting software (3)
5.7

About Todoist

Doist, a company boasting an entirely globally distributed workforce, offers Todoist, a project management platform emphasizing the needs of a distributed workforce. The application emphasizes tracking events over time with advanced closed task and progress reporting, with custom graphics for sharing or ease of review.