Todoist Reviews

Mike Bissett | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 18, 2020

Simple, Easy-to-Use Time Management Tool

Pros and Cons

• Great time management tool. Simple interface to stay organized.
  • Great for taking and storing notes.
  • Not really an issue, but there is a learning curve, especially setting up projects.
  • It would be beneficial if there was a way to default to a specific list. Maybe it’s here and I just haven’t figured it out.
Read Mike Bissett's full review
Vin Campbell | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 18, 2020

A nice task manager for weekly use

Pros and Cons

• Multi-device sync - Sounds basic, but who can live without this?
  • Scheduling - Ss simple as typing "Tuesday at 7 pm" or something similar, and the system schedules the task properly, no date/time picking.
  • Outlook/Office 365 - Integration is seriously lacking/non-existent.
  • Task view - I'd like to see a weekly/monthly view.
Read Vin Campbell's full review
Mike Calabro | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 17, 2020

Todoist is the best of the best, as long as you pay for it

Pros and Cons

• I like how Todoist has the ability to create subtasks which helps to keep me on track of entire projects.
  • Todoist integrates with tons of apps including Google Assistant. If you are already part of the G Suite's world, this is a great option to have. I also love how it integrates with the Chrome browser. I use it a lot to mark websites that I want to read later.
  • The app is missing a lot of functionality unless you pay the monthly fee.
  • The reminders function doesn't work unless you are on the paid plan. A todo app without reminders is almost useless for me.
Read Mike Calabro's full review
February 14, 2020

Todoist - Easy to Use and Implement Task and Project Management Tool!

Pros and Cons

• Todoist is very easy to use and comes with a great knowledge base so implementation is a snap!
  • Todoist is available on almost any platform - Windows, Apple, mobile and more.
  • As your projects get larger and more complex Todoist almost seems too simple. It can be a bit more robust for this scenario.
  • On mobile when an update to iOS comes out there can be small issues related to Todoist but they are usually fixed pretty quickly.
January 16, 2020

Love it! I use it every day!

Pros and Cons

• Gamification. Todoist makes it a little fun to challenge and beat yourself.
  • The Todoist Mac App is a godsend. I don't like to open browsers or a new tab for a to-do list. It impacts workflow. I would rather have a native app that opens independently of Chrome.
  • I love that the whole interface is simple and easy to work with, and quite intuitive.
  • I would like a calendar view of the tasks that I've set times and dates to. I think that will increase productivity as I would have an overall, visual view of what to do, when to do it and when to stop doing it. Right now, I'm doing tasks when I feel like doing them, or force myself to do them at a certain time. I certainly would like to cultivate the habit of looking at the calendar, seeing a task there and just doing it without thinking about it too much.
Amber Callan | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 20, 2019

Best Platform for Personal Organization & Basic Business Project Management

Pros and Cons

• Simplicity & Ease of Use - Todoist is very user-friendly and simple to understand. They make it easy to add tasks with dates, comments, priorities, and attachments while organizing your projects. It's similar to creating a checklist!
  • Apps - I have Todoist on my phone, my MacBook and my iPad and they all sync seamlessly. I personally haven't run into any bugs using these apps for three years now and they're always pushing updates through. When I'm at a conference with my iPad, I can still see all of my tasks and when I'm on the go with my phone, I can see all my tasks too. I'm not tied to my work desktop!
  • Price - For $3 a month for personal use and $5 a month per user for business use, Todoist's pricing is very reasonable. They also offer a free version which is very nice as well! So if you're looking for a project management software with no frills at a low cost, Todoist could be your savior!
  • Task Dependencies - Particularly for business projects, I'd love if we could make one team member's task dependent on another's where we could say "do this task 3 days after another one is complete"
  • No Two Factor Authentication - For me personally, I like to keep all my passwords secure and backed up by two-factor authentication. Just wish this was something Todoist offered!
  • Adding Start Date & End Date - Sometimes I set an end date farther in the future, but I'm not alerted that I need to be working on it before then to achieve that due date. If I look at the "Next 7 Days" section, I can see upcoming tasks, but ideally, I'd love to be able to set a start date and an end date so it could appear in today's tasks without needing to be completed today.
Read Amber Callan's full review
Tom Erdman | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 11, 2020

Todoist is the best to-do manager I've ever used!

Pros and Cons

• Tasks can be quickly added via keyboard shortcut (literally, the Q key).
  • Easy predictive language makes scheduling super easy.
  • There are options for emailing or tagging to-do items with an email, but the Outlook one is currently deprecated.
  • It's only possible to see a history log and completed tasks in the premium version.
Read Tom Erdman's full review
Danny Dickson | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 26, 2019

Affordable, flexible, cross-platform to-do lists.

Pros and Cons

• Onboarding and complexity is kept to a minimum. Other platforms like OmniFocus were far too complex to figure out in comparison.
  • Flexibility was key as well. I was able to quickly set up personal and professional to-do's, without a lot of additional effort.
  • Their premium features were very affordable compared to similar solutions. OmniFocus is much more expensive and you have to buy separate desktop and mobile licenses.
  • Platform-independent. There are some very elegant mac-only solutions, but Todoist is available for Mac/PC and as a web app. This lets our whole team use it independently, although not together. Todoist isn't designed for major organizations, but does what it does very well.
  • Could have better large project management tools and collaboration tools, but as an individual task manager/to-do list, it's amazing and very flexible.
  • The basic app feature set is somewhat limited, but the upgrade is much more affordable than a few of its competitors/alternatives. For individual users and small teams, it can be very effective.
  • A bit of an extension of #2, but the notes feature would be a good thing to include in the free version of the app. May help to build trust/buy-in before a full commitment.
  • Its flexibility could be a downside compared to more structured apps like OmniFocus, but I personally appreciated it.
Read Danny Dickson's full review
Pamela Xeele | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 18, 2019

Todoist makes my to do list very easy and manageable.

Pros and Cons

• Reminder set to give user backup of areas to be covered when other staff is on vacation or out of the office.
  • Keeping projects on time with main lists managed in one spot
  • The referral feature where tasks can be send directly to the Todoist users project list
  • Organize project list by ranking of importance controlled by user
Read Pamela Xeele's full review
McKay Salisbury | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 10, 2020

Quick, easy to use, and isn't bogged down with extra features

• Simple to-do list.
  • Easy to order and organize to-do lists.
  • In the browser, there is no download required.
  • There are some functionality and advanced features they could add. I think it does its job though.
  • They should consider adding a board view.
Read McKay Salisbury's full review
Andy Abramson | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 10, 2019

Why Todoist Does it For Me

Pros and Cons

• Works on mobile and in the browser.
  • Has the ability to link to emails for follow up.
  • Syncing between devices is in near real-time.
  • Time zone calendar syncing needs to improve.
  • Deleted calendar items need to work better -- the issue is tied to Zapier I think.
  • There's a log-in issue when Chrome updates have to be better managed.
Read Andy Abramson's full review
Craige Hardel | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 25, 2019

Decent productivity app for the focused

Pros and Cons

• Task lists and categories to categorize them
  • Deadlines for subtasks and big picture perspective on what needs to be completed
  • User interface - their dark mode feature is really awesome working at night and also across various screen sizes
  • Multi platform - they have apps natively across all platforms including linux which really suited me
  • Pricing: though convenient they should offer a monthly option especially if some of your employees aren't full time
  • Their tag structure and priorities features can be confusing. It is flexible but it can complicate setup
  • Two-way google calendar integration - they do have one but it can be clunky at times
Read Craige Hardel's full review
Hernán Silva | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 16, 2019

The best free task management app

Pros and Cons

• Multiplatform task management: A well-built task management app with outstanding support on PCs, mobile devices and the web.
  • Ease of use.
  • Backup options - As of the date of the review, there is no option to backup your tasks or export them outside the app. There are help pages pointing to a "Backup" tab that seems to no longer exist.
  • Collaboration - There are no options to collaborate on tasks or projects.
Read Hernán Silva's full review
September 02, 2019

Todoist: a swiss knife of productivity in the right hands.

Pros and Cons

• Universal shortcuts in the desktop apps reduces friction between thinking of something you need to do and actually adding it to your list.
  • "Tagging" systems for projects makes assigning tasks extremely intuitive.
  • Google Cal integration allows for a basically universal way of having tasks show up in your devices even if you don't have Todoist currently installed, as well as letting you use the Google API to integrate tasks for other uses (e.g.: automatically booking a meeting room for certain tasks).
  • A "calendar" view would be useful although that is currently solved for us with Google Calendar integration
  • Windows app will occasionally freeze with no clear explanation nor way to solve it other than force quitting.
  • Task search functionality is very limited and requires precise wording to find what you are looking for.

Task Management (52)
9.2
Resource Management (23)
Gantt Charts (4)
Scheduling (39)
Workflow Automation (19)
Team Collaboration (37)
Support for Agile Methodology (16)
Support for Waterfall Methodology (12)
Document Management (10)
Email integration (34)
Mobile Access (49)
9.5
Timesheet Tracking (5)
Change request and Case Management (5)
Budget and Expense Management (4)
Quotes/estimates (3)
Invoicing (1)
Project & financial reporting (2)
9.7
Integration with accounting software (3)
5.7

About Todoist

Doist, a company boasting an entirely globally distributed workforce, offers Todoist, a project management platform emphasizing the needs of a distributed workforce. The application emphasizes tracking events over time with advanced closed task and progress reporting, with custom graphics for sharing or ease of review.