Toggl Reviews

Alex Pegg | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 18, 2020

Time management when every second counts!

Alternatives Considered

Toggl's user interface takes all the work out of creating time management documents. Projects are pre-loaded into the interface, and switching is a breeze. Toggling time on and off is literally one click, and generating reports takes no time at all. Truly a time saver for freelancers, where every minute counts!
Read Alex Pegg's full review
Marc Duke | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 12, 2020

Worth spending the time to track your time!

• Harvest
Harvest has a much more integrated feel for desktop and mobile and the reporting is much, much quicker in terms of time spent. There is also a much clearer functionality to log expenses. It is also more responsive in terms of starting and stopping the watch and setting up projects/codes. But Toggl has a Chrome extension which makes using it quicker than having to open an entire browser page (seconds matter!), I think there is an outlook integration with Harvest but I have not used it.
Read Marc Duke's full review
November 08, 2019

Toggl: save time tracking your time

Alternatives Considered

I've tried various other time tracking tools but I've been most impressed by Toggl because of the simplicity and functionality. I don't need a big complex program, I just need a little app that helps me track time and stays out of the way. And, it helps that it's free.
Mike Wittenstein | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 20, 2018

Toggl tracks your time but its greatest value is putting you in control and putting money in your pocket

Alternatives Considered

Toggl is just always available on my desktop, it's low bandwidth and doesn't consume a lot of system resources, and entering time is flexible and intuitive. All other programs I've tried require you to stop what you're doing to enter a new project or a new client. Not with Toggl. Its interface lets you add projects and clients easily and in seconds (seconds means less than half a minute).
Read Mike Wittenstein's full review
Bryan Buford | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 18, 2018

Great software for customized time tracking

Alternatives Considered

Toggl is easily the best time tracking tool we've used. We have tested any others for less than a week. We've been working with Toggl for about a year and see no need to test additional tools. It does what we need, the pricing is right and the flexibility is right.
Read Bryan Buford's full review
Shannon Bronico | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 17, 2018

Toggl: Simple and easy to learn for to track time for data analytics and billing

Alternatives Considered

Rocket Matter is far more sophisticated and better suited to a law office that has a high volume of matters that are billed by the hour. Otherwise, toggl is far simpler and easier to start using office wide.
Read Shannon Bronico's full review
Stefan Boeykens | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 01, 2018

Log in, start entering data, get insights in who is doing what...

Alternatives Considered

We compared it with a few web-based tools and with Office 365 and at that time chose to go for a Toggl license. This was quick to set up and did what it had to do. Nothing more, nothing less. With the other solutions, this would be more involved as they are more complete offerings, but requiring a bigger change in the office.
Read Stefan Boeykens's full review
Benjamin E. Jerew | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 07, 2018

Toggl Keeps Me Motivated and Tracks All My Tasks!

Alternatives Considered

I use Toggl to get an hourly rate for every single task, so I can estimate a current rate and negotiate rates for new clients and projects. I use Toggl concurrently with any other time and task trackers that are required for hourly jobs on freelance hubs, such as Upwork and Freelancer, but it doesn't replace them (they're mandatory).
Read Benjamin E. Jerew's full review
Wera Michalska | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 01, 2018

Definitely the best time tracker out there !

• Price
Thanks to Toggle I could finally forget about time sheets. It does all the calculations for you. Now I do not start any task without hitting "start" with Toggl. It also helps me to control workload of the entire team. The speed and ease of use it true. The app is very light and the interface is very minimalist, does not distract and allows you to quickly set the proper parameters. It improves overall productivity, a lot, and kill procrastination. The other products that I used did not help me as much as Toggl. We always had some problem while using others like Price, sign-out problems and also updates.
Read Wera Michalska's full review
Chloe Sayers | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 06, 2018

Time Tracking Wizard

Alternatives Considered

Toggl is the best simple time tracking app that I've found. It performs best when that's all you're asking to do and you don't try to turn it into your invoicing software or project management app. I selected Toggl because it provides detailed time tracking and has a great Chrome extension with several integrations into other apps that I use.
Read Chloe Sayers's full review
June 20, 2018

Time tracking your team will actually use!

Alternatives Considered

Toggl is sleeker and so much more user-friendly than Time Doctor. The Chrome extension with the intuitive power button icon really does increase compliance, which I think is one of the most important, and sometimes overlooked, considerations when choosing a new software for your team. If people won't use it, it doesn't really matter if it's more affordable and even more highly recommended.
June 06, 2016

Time tracking can be painless. Really.

Alternatives Considered

Compared to other time tracking software, which feels like it's trapped in the 90's, Toggl makes time tracking and reporting extremely easy. I dread tracking my time in Paylocity because it's so cumbersome. Honestly, I'd rather track my time in Toggl on a daily basis, and transcribe it to Paylocity at the end of the month.

About Toggl

Toggl is a time tracking tool from the Estonian company of the same name.