Reviews (51-75 of 127)
- The signaling system is outstanding. Everybody can work with it. It is clear and easy to use. Information can never be lost.
- The new knowledge system works really well. Colleagues are able to search for items. The connections between several items make it all easier.
- The variety of possibilities and connections between items is very nice.
- Some features within the knowledge database could improve. Such as layout possibilities, inserting images (quite difficult), search possibilities (does not search for half words for example).
- We would like to have more flexibility within the system. For example, we would like to be able to determine which items are obliged within the reservation module.
- The possibility for more 'open' courses at TOPdesk would be nice. I would like to follow some courses, but most are for a team internally. I'm alas alone.
- It's very easy for users to log calls.
- The knowledge base is a very powerful tool to assist in self-service.
- Since TOPdesk is based on ITIL it's very easy to grasp how the individual modules relate to one another.
- Insightful reports are relatively easy to set up.
- The ability to use a smartphone (or even tablet) to scan a barcode or QR-code to log a call relating to that asset would be a great improvement.
- When logging a call, the user could benefit from instant suggestions taken from the knowledge base.
- Integrated chat w/ internal support staff would be a nice feature.
- Registering incidents (quick and complete)
- Monitoring status incidents
- Reports and overviews of incidents (for management)
- Sometimes hard to find incidents and other items, also regarding to the configuration
- Complicated menu structure
- Hard to understand the process flow
If they only have a few users, then it is less appropriate. It's easy to use and can be used in small and large companies. You can setup TOPdesk to your own preferences.
Externally, we provide support for both end users and dealers of our products. Our customers register their reports at Inepro by telephone, e-mail and via TOPdesk's self-service portal. Via the self-service portal, customers have insight into the status of their reports. Customers can make use of the knowledge base we have built up within TOPdesk. We also use TOPdesk for the distribution of new software releases, training materials and manuals.
- TOPdesk provides insight into and an overview of the status of service and support calls. This gives us a good insight into whether we comply with the agreed service contracts with our customers.
- TOPdesk has an easy to operate and clear service portal for our customers.
- We use TOPdesk for the distribution of new software and firmware to selected customers. We also use TOPdesk to share knowledge with our dealers. TOPdesk is a perfect medium for Inepro for this purpose.
- Keeping track of the time per incident is easy, so employees are not hindered from keeping track of this.
- An incident on which many mutations have been made, loses a clear overview. Reports can no longer be seen completely and clearly on the screen.
- Recognition of equal or similar incident reports could be improved.
- We missed good interaction with modern communication tools such as WhatsAPP.
For the registration of long-term issues, the package lacks a strong overview.The various possibilities for users to create reports (self-service portal, e-mail, telephone) are strong. Especially when it concerns one on one communication. TOPdesk has fewer possibilities for us to communicate with groups of users.
- Preserve a timeline for every item in TopDesk. From a piece of hardware to my users. I can view and track their history
- It helps me with keeping my documentation up to date and offers me a central medium to store all relevant information
- It keeps me informed on our workload
- It took me a while to find my way trough TopDesk. It could be a bit more intuitive.
- Beter support for using Multiple tabs in your browser
I made 2 support calls the last 3 years, and those cases were solved immediately and professionally.
- Keeping track of issues and changes
- Searchable Knowledge-base
- Trend Analysis and Team Performance
- Direct copy and paste of images from the clipboard into the action fields. Topdesk currently only supports image uploads, which is really annoying when writing documentation and registering issues.
- Reporting should receive a graphics overhaul. Current reports are graphically very unattractive.
- A separate module for IT documentation like done on the competing platform IT-glue with a super secure option to store sensitive information would be a great addition.
- Team-management with visual OKR support (teamwork distribution) as done on the competing platform Weekdone would be great!
It would be great if we could also perform team-management and team task-tracking from the platform.
- Keep track of all the items, solved or unsolved. It is a database where you can track and trace all the issues.
- With this information, you can find the best and worst of the supported products.
- The TOPdesk application makes it much easier as the previous mail solution for support. An incoming issue can be sent to help desk member. If it can't be solved by his knowledge it is easy to transfer it to a second line help desk and even go to our development team.
- There is never a question lost in this situation.
- For me, it suits our needs.
- Easy to administrator the worked time on a ticket and also when multiple users work on the some ticket
- There is a great function to let different TOPdesk environments [work] together, in this way you can share tickets with your customers
- Great report generator to get management information from TOPdesk
- It is a super way to register hardware and create tickets on the hardware to see the complete history of a product
- It would be nice if there was a clock function, [so you could] start the clock when you start working on a ticket and stop the clock when you are ready.
- No mobile version (app) for the phone. Field engineers are now using the web version.
- Super for registration of hardware and work. Easy to use and good detailed information.
- You cannot use it as a CRM or to make offers or invoices.
- It transforms from static to flexible.
- It implements new functionalities like asset management.
- They listen to the wishes and needs of their customers.
- Flexibility in incident management (like asset management)
- Artificial intelligence based on categorization etcetera are very welcome
- Easier use of filters
- Software/ hardware lease contracts. You can add end dates, alert dates, lease amount, duration number in days/months/years. Activate and not active anymore. But still, have a good overview
- Machine registration. You can sort by date who is the supplier. Estimated end of the live period. Maintenance plan. Contract info. Repair history. Contact info. This is a very complete module
- Organisation overview is also very complete.
- One thing that can be better is the configuration for sending emails. For this, you need the help of TOPdesk. This would be better if a customer could set this by them self
- As I already mentioned. Sending mail configuration could be better and should be maintained by customer.
- Maybe more mobile friendly
- The greatest win for our organization was moving to a managed hosted platform. This gave us improved access for our remote users and increased service availability.
- The modular nature of the TOPdesk products allows us to only use the features we need. Additionally, the license model gave us increased opportunity with who can use the products.
- Almost all aspects of the product are customizable which means we can expand the product to other departments for their service needs.
- Sometimes desired feature sets are only available with additional modules such as change management module for workflow automation.
- Process automation can be the trickiest to configure and self-help documentation can be lacking.
- Keeps developing
- Excellent price / quality ratio
- Needs more rich text options
- Response time reporting
- Renaming fields / changing lay-out would be nice
- Self-service portal has very limited reporting options and no export functions
Will work fine as a guideline for setting up your business but is a no go for situations where organisations want to deploy very elaborate and customized processes.
- customizing the tool to their own needs
- flexible, powerful
- good reporting facilities
- make it easier to delete records which not being used
- a better overview of following process steps and show the consequences of doing some actions.
- improvement of the user guide
- TOPdesk can be used for contact tracking during support sessions.
- Support documentation on the self service desk is limited in the options and workflow.
- Reporting options are limited.
- Simultaneous updating of one issue by triggers or other representatives gives "Already updates" errors.
For an out of the box solution there is a high level of customability, however as every out of the box solution it will never support your processes fully and there is the risk of altering your well appreciated existing business processes to suit the tool.
- Incident management: In my opinion, is the core process for TOPdesk. Call agents can easily register tickets, you can send status updates to your clients and send an information email when the problem is solved.
- Selfservicedesk: You can give customers access to the SSD so they can apply a new incident, but they can also follow any ticket they applied earlier.
- Possibility to connect with Azure AD. We run LDAP connection so we can import all our employees and students. In the future, all our users will be known in the Azure AD instead of our on-premise AD.
- Very good customer service
- In general a nice product to use, too bad we do not use it to full extent
- Honestly, I don't have any examples. if I have to say one thing it is that I have to search often for features in the admin part. Maybe because I don't use it often enough maybe because its a little confusing?
The self-service desk is used for customers to enter their problems. For projects, we use the operator part.
- Simplicity in use. Incident management is straightforward.
- Ease of configuration. Users and permission groups can easily be added. Graphical overview is a pro.
- Modularity. Incident management and change management.
- Self-service desk: Option to be able to add more functionality for certain goals. In our situation, we would like to have the possibility to change some fields when the incident is created. For example the customer priority or status. In that way, we can use the self-service desk in projects
- The Kanban board is new. We would like to have it in Change management also. Extra columns on the board - you should be able to configure it per operator group.
- The user interface is not the same in all places. In certain cards the edit button is visible while on other cards it muc be chosen from the drop-down menu.
- Incident management suited for facility management.
- For use of ticket handling a project, it is less appropriate. There you should log in as an operator.
TOPdesk is currently used in some parts of my organization (not linked with each other). Its current focus is to keep track of incidents reported by users.
The application is however capable of much more, of which I had a very good impression at a former employer. TOPdesk is able to support many demands on facility management, incident- and change management and much more. I like working with the application, both as a user and an administrator.
- TOPdesk handles incident management very well. It is relatively simple to get a good look at which incidents are submitted to various handlers.
- TOPdesk has an easy to use administrator module, which (with or without help from a consultant) brings you relatively quickly a professional set of communication tools with your users.
- TOPdesk is easy to integrate in your current IT structure and is able to be hosted both onsite or remote.
- To be able to use the more intricate features besides incident management takes a lot of study or hours hired from a TOPdesk consultant. However, if you have an organization which requires good facility and IT management (including handling objects, software licenses, company clothing, material, rooms and reservations) it can be your number one application. I even saw it being used for maintenance reports on vehicles!
Less appropiate: project management
- Versatile enough to be usable and add value across multiple support functions - makes ROI and efficiency conversations more obvious
- Great modular building blocks - enabling progressive development and improvement in planned phases
- Readily configurable to fit in with desired style and branding - adding to the alignment and common experience for end users
- Has all the essentials for empowering the end users to self service - shifting support level, delivering more timely and cost effective resolutions
- The only area of challenge for us with TOPdesk fitting in with our wider technical architecture is that not all of our more obscure tools had existing interfaces or APIs, but this is hardly a bad reflection on TOPdesk
- TOPdesk provides a clear, cohesive and intuitive customer experience
- Self-service portal enables reduced contact via less ideal modes i.e. email or phone
- Promotes effective parallel resolution to complex calls and more effective collaboration between support service areas
- A customer-focused, people-centric pan-organisation support tool which has done all we were seeking - even though we were seeking a lot!!!
- Specifically in a service driven organisation like ours
TOPdesk Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is TOPdesk?
1. Easy to use, quick to set up
2. Suitable for IT, FM or HR.
3. Seamless integrations with other packages.
4. Guaranteed service excellence.
5.Attractive and flexible licensing model TOPdesk has 20+ years experience in helping 5000+ organizations worldwide deliver the best service.
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
TOPdesk has a unique license model: - Modular: Select the modules you need and easily expand as your business grows - Saas or On premise - Unlimited number of assets. Successful asset management should not be dependent on the license of your product. - End users OR service agents based, whichever fits your situation best. If you are looking for flexibility in the number of agents for e.g. extra busy times of the year, the flexible end user license lets you add agents without any restrictions, no day passes needed.
TOPdesk Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||5%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||55%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||40%|
TOPdesk Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
TOPdesk Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Norwegian|