TouchBistro Reviews

Do you work for this company?

Robin Lilly profile photo
November 06, 2019

Touch Bistro Review

I own a small deli/cafe. We use Touch Bistro for our ordering process. We have one system, which is run on an iPad and used by all our employees. Before we implemented Touch Bistro, we used the old fashioned method of paper and pen. This was an unreliable method due to inconsistencies in the way the order was written. Touch Bistro took care of that problem while also giving us the ability to track orders and inventory.
  • The best thing about Touch Bistro is how user friendly it is! Works just like an iPhone. My younger employees hardly need any training on it.
  • Touch Bistro is very easy to set up and to maintain on a daily basis. Putting in my specific products and ingredients was simple. Adding modifiers, pricing and descriptions was simple enough. We have specials that change daily and updating the system in the morning is fast and easy.
  • Employees can clock in and out with Touch Bistro. Inventory can be tracked and updated.
  • Running reports is important in my business. Touch Bistro allows me to easily track my sales, for any period of time. I can easily find the numbers I need to pay my sales tax or do payroll. With just a few clicks I can compare my sales from month to month or year to year.
  • One of my biggest (and only) issues with Touch Bistro is that it doesn’t integrate well with the credit card processing systems we use. Currently, we use Square and while the two systems do communicate, there are some instances, such as paying with gift cards, that take a few extra steps, which can be a pain when you have a long line of customers!
  • Because my credit card processing is separate from Touch Bistro there are a few things that are hard to track. Square does a great job of marketing and tracking the marketing, but it’s not accurate for me due to the fact that I use Touch Bistro as a POS and not Square.
  • I’d love for Touch Bistro to offer more marketing techniques that are easy to use.
It works great for a small business where all the data entry and reporting and changes can be done in-house. Payroll is a piece of cake for a smaller business with Touch Bistro. It might not work as well for a larger business or a business that needs things done faster.
Read Robin Lilly's full review
Jayelynn Willman profile photo
We used Touch Bistro for two years and it was extremely user-friendly. Being an iOS-based software, it was easy for staff to learn. The software can be used on iPad's of various sizes to make it convenient for you particular setup. Depending on your particular needs, I feel like this would be a good fit.
  • Easy to learn being iOS-based
  • Being cloud-based, your product mix, as well as your detailed modifier list, is available immediately
  • Able to access reports, sales, hours, etc. from mobile app
  • Being iOS based, there can be glitches related to updates. Towards the end, we had issues related to the last two updates and had to wait for Apple to put out a fix.
  • The software does run off of a Mac Mini, so you have to be careful that staff does not update the individual iPad's before the Mac Mini is updated. Updating the iPads without updating the Mac Mini will result in your software not working.
  • Though there is an iPhone app to view reports, there is not one that would allow you to ring in orders. If your staff, like mine, doesn't wear aprons you may have a few broken iPads on your hands from trying to carry too many items.
This truly depends on what your specific needs are. For us, we needed a point-of-sale that offered a better handheld option since we cash guests out at the table with the device to limit printing checks. If your establishment doesn't do table-side transactions, then that's a non-issue. We also had an issue with the card readers breaking off in the charging port which resulted in useless iPads or having to trade them in. This isn't necessarily the fault of TouchBistro, but it was a factor in us not renewing our contract.
Read Jayelynn Willman's full review
David Ayers profile photo
I use TouchBistro in our craft brewery’s tasting room. It is our POS system, time clock, finished product inventory manager, and metrics aggregator. TouchBistro provides a reliable, fast, and easy interface to process payments at our bar-- cash or credit cards. We can also easily create and manage tabs. Due to the portable nature of this POS, we can also take customers' orders at their tables.
  • Very fast transaction times; I do not need to wait for the credit slip printer to respond, it is almost instantaneous.
  • I can add, delete, or modify menu items on the fly and in real time in literally a handful of seconds.
  • TouchBistro provides an intuitive and easy way to check my tasting room’s metrics in real time from anywhere on the globe.
  • My employees are able to access a customized menu of item modifiers and discounts very quickly and easily.
  • There needs to be a way to stop TouchBistro from printing a customer copy every credit card transaction. Nobody wants this copy and I’m using double the amount of thermal paper
Honestly, I cannot think of a business that couldn’t benefit from using TouchBistro with its ability to have hundreds of items and how it can read UPC codes using the tablet's camera.
Read David Ayers's full review
Gina Kamai profile photo
We use TouchBistro in our two restaurants on a daily basis for a variety of things:
  1. POS (cash, credit, gift card, charge on an account, room charge)
  2. Inventory tracking (stock, recipe tracking)
  3. Delivery orders (PostMates, GrubHub, UberEats)
  4. On accounts (timeshare companies)
  5. Paid in/paid out
  6. Payroll tracking (clocking in/out, payroll, different job codes)
  7. Variety of reports
Our speed of service and customer interaction tableside has greatly improved.
  • Easy to use, user-friendly POS system . You can train a team in 30 minutes or less
  • Reporting
  • Account management
  • Reliability. It has gone down once in 2 1/2 years
  • Additional reporting
  • More details revolving around Account management
Highly recommended for restaurants that want to go to tableside service with ordering and payment directly at the table with a server.
Read Gina Kamai's full review
Great platform to take orders quickly and transmit to the kitchen. Great for reports and employee clock. Also great for the on the go reporting from my phone.
  • Very easy to update menu items and prices.
  • Very easy to update employee clocks.
  • Very easy to see previous years reports for planning.
  • Have a reservation platform sync with Yelp.
  • The send button is too small. Needs a bigger button on the bottom right side of the screen.
  • Could show incentives messages on screen to push staff.
Perfect for my field as a restaurant owner. No so great for large groups or catering events.
Jeff Reish profile photo
November 02, 2017

TouchBistro review

It is the POS, time recording, COGS and sales reporting for our restaurant at Summerhill Farm located at 24013 US 71 Park Rapids MN 56470
  • Very clean and simple setup for initial installation.
  • Greatly reduced training of new servers. Average of 15 minutes and new serves were able to enter and process orders.
  • We are a seasonal business and TouchBistro allows us to suspend our account when we are closed and turn back on when we open without any additonal fees.
  • Time card reporting should be in hundredths instead of 60 minute. This would allow payroll reporting to 3rd parties to be simpler.
Well suited for any type of restaurant, don't know of a scenario where it wouldn't work well.
Read Jeff Reish's full review
We use TouchBistro for our small cafe/to-go foods business. It is used by our front of house salesmen to check out customers and log catering orders. TouchBistro helps us to maintain tight control of resources with its recipe and ingredients tracker. We can easily perform audits with the ability to run various reports with just a few clicks. It is also very helpful in managing employees!
  • Ingredient tracking
  • Cloud reporting
  • Easy to run reports
  • Running weekly, customizable reports automatically sent to your preferred e-mail
  • Recipe tracking & menu entry must be done on the iPad, and it would be much easier if it was possible to input it via the online cloud!
After a month or two, we thought that TouchBistro wouldn't be well suited for our business because we don't function like a typical restaurant. However, after having some time to really explore all of the features, AND the fact that TouchBistro is often adding new features and updates, we have been really impressed with the control we have over our business because of using the TouchBistro system.

About TouchBistro

TouchBistro is a complete mobile POS solution on the iPad for the restaurant industry.  It allows users to manage reservations, view the menu, take orders and review sales reports with a few simple touches. Instead of servers repeatedly moving between customers and terminals for order management, servers can remain with customers and instantly submit orders to the kitchen and bar. Servers no longer need to write down an order and then enter it into a distant terminal. TouchBistro's single entry system reduces errors and increases efficiency. Menu items can be presented in vibrant color with every detail captured. Menus can be quickly and easily updated and even published to the Web.

TouchBistro Technical Details