TouchBistro easy to use

April 14, 2022

Decent machine

March 24, 2022

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of TouchBistro, and make your voice heard!

Gift Cards

$25

Online Ordering

$50

POS License

$69

What is TouchBistro?

TouchBistro is a complete mobile POS solution on the iPad for the restaurant industry. It allows users to manage reservations, view the menu, take orders and review sales reports with a few simple touches. Instead of servers repeatedly moving between customers and terminals for order management, servers can remain with customers and instantly submit orders to the kitchen and bar. Servers no longer need to write down an order and then enter it into a distant terminal. TouchBistro's single entry system reduces errors and increases efficiency. Menu items can be presented in vibrant color with every detail captured. Menus can be quickly and easily updated and even published to the Web.

TouchBistro Competitors

TouchBistro Technical Details

We use TouchBistro as our point of sale and online ordering platform to help us keep track of orders, report revenue, and for ease of taking orders from walk in and call in customers. We also use TouchBistro for our online ordering system to give customers an easy online ordering platform as well as help us avoid phone calls and order mistakes.
  • POS user friendly
  • Nice online ordering platform
  • Good reporting tools
  • The card reader is too small and cumbersome to use for clerk and customers.
  • I have tried to work with TouchBistro to get a card reader that works better with our business and had no luck.
TouchBistro has a very nice and user friendly point of sale system. They also have a very nice online ordering platform that integrates with the point of sale system. The customers are happy with the online ordering system and find it easy to use. The problem we have is that TouchBistro sent us a very small card reader and cumbersome to use for the clerks and customers. We have tried to get a card reader from TouchBistro that better suits our business but have not had any luck and little response.
March 24, 2022

Decent machine

We have 3 sever iPad to place orders, we do online ordering as well. We also use them for the government QSR codes mourn debit machines are synced with the iPads we also offer touch bistro gift cards.
  • Places orders quickly
  • Easy to change layouts for seating
  • Screen display choices
  • Search button
  • Online ordering can not be added on to once the customer arrives, can’t edit or change anything once placed
  • Slow speed to place next order, and syncing with debit machines
  • Frustrating that screen needs to be closed until payment goes through, hard in a very busy restaurant
  • New updates always cause glitches in the system. The last update I now have drinks printing to my kitchen that never did before.
  • Admin and servers not being able to do printouts
  • Discounts not displaying on day printouts
Nice to be able to place orders right at the table, a bit slow to send to the kitchen when super busy. Online ordering definitely needs some work, customers can’t add a pie when they pick up we need to do a separate bill. Nothing perfect but it’s a lot better than stationary Micros tills. Customers love seeing work and seeing how efficient we can be with them.
Diego Enriquez | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use TouchBistro as our POS system at our small family-owned burger joint. Having everything under one umbrella helps make running the business much easier & more practical. Especially when running into problems where we only need one phone number to address the issue.
  • Quick Ordering Process
  • Reliable Merchant Account Services
  • Wonderful Customer Service
  • Perhaps a speedier mobile app with less glitches
TouchBistro is perfect for quick services restaurants. The ability to change the menu & adjust anything you need to right off the iPad saves me so much time. The interface is very user-friendly.
TouchBistro is our POS system and it promised to integrate with third-party software and promises additional programs to help streamline processes. However, in my experience, when these streamlined programs do not work, their support team will not help you regain functionality, even at the cost of your customers not gaining access to gift cards. In my experience, you will be ghosted by the escalation team and I believe support will continually pass you to another team that will also not know how to help. In my opinion, this was the worst client/vendor relationship I have had in my 25 plus years in retail.
  • In my opinion, there is not much that they do well.
  • I believe the support needs to be improved.
  • I believe customer service needs to be improved.
  • I feel like their software integration could be better.
In my opinion, support and customer service lack the knowledge and procedures to help clients. I feel like they lack professionalism and feel that their lack of concern for their clients is quite disheartening. I feel that even at a corporate level, they hide behind words and refuse to escalate towards any resolution. In my experience, customers were not able to access their gift cards and I believe the response I was given was, 'there is nothing we can do'.
November 06, 2019

Touch Bistro Review

Robin Lilly | TrustRadius Reviewer
I own a small deli/cafe. We use Touch Bistro for our ordering process. We have one system, which is run on an iPad and used by all our employees. Before we implemented Touch Bistro, we used the old fashioned method of paper and pen. This was an unreliable method due to inconsistencies in the way the order was written. Touch Bistro took care of that problem while also giving us the ability to track orders and inventory.
  • The best thing about Touch Bistro is how user friendly it is! Works just like an iPhone. My younger employees hardly need any training on it.
  • Touch Bistro is very easy to set up and to maintain on a daily basis. Putting in my specific products and ingredients was simple. Adding modifiers, pricing and descriptions was simple enough. We have specials that change daily and updating the system in the morning is fast and easy.
  • Employees can clock in and out with Touch Bistro. Inventory can be tracked and updated.
  • Running reports is important in my business. Touch Bistro allows me to easily track my sales, for any period of time. I can easily find the numbers I need to pay my sales tax or do payroll. With just a few clicks I can compare my sales from month to month or year to year.
  • One of my biggest (and only) issues with Touch Bistro is that it doesn’t integrate well with the credit card processing systems we use. Currently, we use Square and while the two systems do communicate, there are some instances, such as paying with gift cards, that take a few extra steps, which can be a pain when you have a long line of customers!
  • Because my credit card processing is separate from Touch Bistro there are a few things that are hard to track. Square does a great job of marketing and tracking the marketing, but it’s not accurate for me due to the fact that I use Touch Bistro as a POS and not Square.
  • I’d love for Touch Bistro to offer more marketing techniques that are easy to use.
It works great for a small business where all the data entry and reporting and changes can be done in-house. Payroll is a piece of cake for a smaller business with Touch Bistro. It might not work as well for a larger business or a business that needs things done faster.
First of all, I hardly ever need support for Touch Bistro, that’s how well it works. In the very instances over the years where I did need to call, customer support was easily accessible and fast and accurate with their responses.
Jayelynn Willman | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used Touch Bistro for two years and it was extremely user-friendly. Being an iOS-based software, it was easy for staff to learn. The software can be used on iPad's of various sizes to make it convenient for you particular setup. Depending on your particular needs, I feel like this would be a good fit.
  • Easy to learn being iOS-based
  • Being cloud-based, your product mix, as well as your detailed modifier list, is available immediately
  • Able to access reports, sales, hours, etc. from mobile app
  • Being iOS based, there can be glitches related to updates. Towards the end, we had issues related to the last two updates and had to wait for Apple to put out a fix.
  • The software does run off of a Mac Mini, so you have to be careful that staff does not update the individual iPad's before the Mac Mini is updated. Updating the iPads without updating the Mac Mini will result in your software not working.
  • Though there is an iPhone app to view reports, there is not one that would allow you to ring in orders. If your staff, like mine, doesn't wear aprons you may have a few broken iPads on your hands from trying to carry too many items.
This truly depends on what your specific needs are. For us, we needed a point-of-sale that offered a better handheld option since we cash guests out at the table with the device to limit printing checks. If your establishment doesn't do table-side transactions, then that's a non-issue. We also had an issue with the card readers breaking off in the charging port which resulted in useless iPads or having to trade them in. This isn't necessarily the fault of TouchBistro, but it was a factor in us not renewing our contract.
David Ayers | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use TouchBistro in our craft brewery’s tasting room. It is our POS system, time clock, finished product inventory manager, and metrics aggregator. TouchBistro provides a reliable, fast, and easy interface to process payments at our bar-- cash or credit cards. We can also easily create and manage tabs. Due to the portable nature of this POS, we can also take customers' orders at their tables.
  • Very fast transaction times; I do not need to wait for the credit slip printer to respond, it is almost instantaneous.
  • I can add, delete, or modify menu items on the fly and in real time in literally a handful of seconds.
  • TouchBistro provides an intuitive and easy way to check my tasting room’s metrics in real time from anywhere on the globe.
  • My employees are able to access a customized menu of item modifiers and discounts very quickly and easily.
  • There needs to be a way to stop TouchBistro from printing a customer copy every credit card transaction. Nobody wants this copy and I’m using double the amount of thermal paper
Honestly, I cannot think of a business that couldn’t benefit from using TouchBistro with its ability to have hundreds of items and how it can read UPC codes using the tablet's camera.
Gina Kamai | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use TouchBistro in our two restaurants on a daily basis for a variety of things:
  1. POS (cash, credit, gift card, charge on an account, room charge)
  2. Inventory tracking (stock, recipe tracking)
  3. Delivery orders (PostMates, GrubHub, UberEats)
  4. On accounts (timeshare companies)
  5. Paid in/paid out
  6. Payroll tracking (clocking in/out, payroll, different job codes)
  7. Variety of reports
Our speed of service and customer interaction tableside has greatly improved.
  • Easy to use, user-friendly POS system . You can train a team in 30 minutes or less
  • Reporting
  • Account management
  • Reliability. It has gone down once in 2 1/2 years
  • Additional reporting
  • More details revolving around Account management
Highly recommended for restaurants that want to go to tableside service with ordering and payment directly at the table with a server.
Great platform to take orders quickly and transmit to the kitchen. Great for reports and employee clock. Also great for the on the go reporting from my phone.
  • Very easy to update menu items and prices.
  • Very easy to update employee clocks.
  • Very easy to see previous years reports for planning.
  • Have a reservation platform sync with Yelp.
  • The send button is too small. Needs a bigger button on the bottom right side of the screen.
  • Could show incentives messages on screen to push staff.
Perfect for my field as a restaurant owner. No so great for large groups or catering events.
We use TouchBistro for our small cafe/to-go foods business. It is used by our front of house salesmen to check out customers and log catering orders. TouchBistro helps us to maintain tight control of resources with its recipe and ingredients tracker. We can easily perform audits with the ability to run various reports with just a few clicks. It is also very helpful in managing employees!
  • Ingredient tracking
  • Cloud reporting
  • Easy to run reports
  • Running weekly, customizable reports automatically sent to your preferred e-mail
  • Recipe tracking & menu entry must be done on the iPad, and it would be much easier if it was possible to input it via the online cloud!
After a month or two, we thought that TouchBistro wouldn't be well suited for our business because we don't function like a typical restaurant. However, after having some time to really explore all of the features, AND the fact that TouchBistro is often adding new features and updates, we have been really impressed with the control we have over our business because of using the TouchBistro system.
November 02, 2017

TouchBistro review

It is the POS, time recording, COGS and sales reporting for our restaurant at Summerhill Farm located at 24013 US 71 Park Rapids MN 56470
  • Very clean and simple setup for initial installation.
  • Greatly reduced training of new servers. Average of 15 minutes and new serves were able to enter and process orders.
  • We are a seasonal business and TouchBistro allows us to suspend our account when we are closed and turn back on when we open without any additonal fees.
  • Time card reporting should be in hundredths instead of 60 minute. This would allow payroll reporting to 3rd parties to be simpler.
Well suited for any type of restaurant, don't know of a scenario where it wouldn't work well.