TouchBistro Reviews

Robin Lilly | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 06, 2019

Touch Bistro Review

Pros and Cons

• The best thing about Touch Bistro is how user friendly it is! Works just like an iPhone. My younger employees hardly need any training on it.
  • Touch Bistro is very easy to set up and to maintain on a daily basis. Putting in my specific products and ingredients was simple. Adding modifiers, pricing and descriptions was simple enough. We have specials that change daily and updating the system in the morning is fast and easy.
  • Employees can clock in and out with Touch Bistro. Inventory can be tracked and updated.
  • Running reports is important in my business. Touch Bistro allows me to easily track my sales, for any period of time. I can easily find the numbers I need to pay my sales tax or do payroll. With just a few clicks I can compare my sales from month to month or year to year.
  • One of my biggest (and only) issues with Touch Bistro is that it doesn’t integrate well with the credit card processing systems we use. Currently, we use Square and while the two systems do communicate, there are some instances, such as paying with gift cards, that take a few extra steps, which can be a pain when you have a long line of customers!
  • Because my credit card processing is separate from Touch Bistro there are a few things that are hard to track. Square does a great job of marketing and tracking the marketing, but it’s not accurate for me due to the fact that I use Touch Bistro as a POS and not Square.
  • I’d love for Touch Bistro to offer more marketing techniques that are easy to use.
Read Robin Lilly's full review
Jayelynn Willman | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 31, 2019

If you can operate a smartphone, you can operate this POS

Pros and Cons

• Easy to learn being iOS-based
  • Being cloud-based, your product mix, as well as your detailed modifier list, is available immediately
  • Able to access reports, sales, hours, etc. from mobile app
  • Being iOS based, there can be glitches related to updates. Towards the end, we had issues related to the last two updates and had to wait for Apple to put out a fix.
  • The software does run off of a Mac Mini, so you have to be careful that staff does not update the individual iPad's before the Mac Mini is updated. Updating the iPads without updating the Mac Mini will result in your software not working.
  • Though there is an iPhone app to view reports, there is not one that would allow you to ring in orders. If your staff, like mine, doesn't wear aprons you may have a few broken iPads on your hands from trying to carry too many items.
Read Jayelynn Willman's full review
David Ayers | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 19, 2019

TouchBistro saved my sanity and, therefore, my business!

Pros and Cons

• Very fast transaction times; I do not need to wait for the credit slip printer to respond, it is almost instantaneous.
  • I can add, delete, or modify menu items on the fly and in real time in literally a handful of seconds.
  • TouchBistro provides an intuitive and easy way to check my tasting room’s metrics in real time from anywhere on the globe.
  • My employees are able to access a customized menu of item modifiers and discounts very quickly and easily.
  • There needs to be a way to stop TouchBistro from printing a customer copy every credit card transaction. Nobody wants this copy and I’m using double the amount of thermal paper
Read David Ayers's full review
January 04, 2019

Great software! Highly recommend.

Pros and Cons

• Very easy to update menu items and prices.
  • Very easy to update employee clocks.
  • Very easy to see previous years reports for planning.
  • Have a reservation platform sync with Yelp.
  • The send button is too small. Needs a bigger button on the bottom right side of the screen.
  • Could show incentives messages on screen to push staff.
Jeff Reish | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 02, 2017

TouchBistro review

Pros and Cons

• Very clean and simple setup for initial installation.
  • Greatly reduced training of new servers. Average of 15 minutes and new serves were able to enter and process orders.
  • We are a seasonal business and TouchBistro allows us to suspend our account when we are closed and turn back on when we open without any additonal fees.
  • Time card reporting should be in hundredths instead of 60 minute. This would allow payroll reporting to 3rd parties to be simpler.
Read Jeff Reish's full review
November 08, 2017

Easy to use! Plus, ingredient tracking & customizable reports!

• Ingredient tracking
  • Cloud reporting
  • Easy to run reports
  • Running weekly, customizable reports automatically sent to your preferred e-mail
  • Recipe tracking & menu entry must be done on the iPad, and it would be much easier if it was possible to input it via the online cloud!

About TouchBistro

TouchBistro is a complete mobile POS solution on the iPad for the restaurant industry.  It allows users to manage reservations, view the menu, take orders and review sales reports with a few simple touches. Instead of servers repeatedly moving between customers and terminals for order management, servers can remain with customers and instantly submit orders to the kitchen and bar. Servers no longer need to write down an order and then enter it into a distant terminal. TouchBistro's single entry system reduces errors and increases efficiency. Menu items can be presented in vibrant color with every detail captured. Menus can be quickly and easily updated and even published to the Web.

TouchBistro Technical Details