Trainual Reviews

March 10, 2020
I use Trainual to show other team members how to execute team processes. Each new employee completes a basic company Trainual that introduces them to company-wide structures, programs, platforms, and company education options. Each employee also has assigned Trainual subjects that directly relate to their unique job and responsibilities. We use Trainual to educate employees and to roll out company-wide initiatives or anything where we want EVERYONE to know when a process has changed.
  • Allow for education materials to be adapted to different types of users.
  • Allow for new processes to be made known company-wide at an instant.
  • To allow for "testing" to ensure that subject matter is completely understood by employees.
  • The subject organization could use work! It's just jumbled and needs folders.
  • It's very cumbersome to have to click back and forth to subjects when you are within a task. I wish there was a larger side bar that could show ALL subjects, topics, and tasks in one glance with drop-down menus.
I have enjoyed using Trainual as an employee, and also creating new Trainual subjects for my employees. Trainual allows for videos to be added as well as images, text, gifs, and more! This array of options allows us to communicate with all types of learners quickly and effectively. I think Trainual is best suited for education-related opportunities such as employee on-boarding, employee training, or education courses. Because each subject is broken down into tasks and steps, it gets super granular which is great, but it's best used for education and not general employee notifications.
I haven't contacted Trainual's support team, but I take that as a positive because I haven't needed to! The platform is easy to use, attractive (that counts for something), and everything is in a logical place when you do have a question and go searching for an answer. I have 0 complaints!
January 23, 2020
Julianna Oates | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • We use Trainual for internal training of new employees and to ensure that unique processes or procedures are rolled out efficiently across the company. Every department uses it for its own processes, and we have a few company-wide subjects as well.
  • For us, Trainaul has fixed any issues regarding information transfer from whoever made a change to everyone that change effects. If anyone ever has a question about a process, there's a Trainual subject for that!
  • It's also been beneficial for new employees in helping make sure that they all get the same level of introduction to their new role and new company.
  • The ability to get very granular with detail.
  • The ability to integrate different types of media for different kinds of learners.
  • The layout for all subjects is very overwhelming, and I'd love to be able to sort into folders or buckets.
  • I'd also like to be able to see all steps within ALL subjects in one area and be able to reorganize those with a simple drag and drop, instead of having to copy and paste text to move from one subject to another.
I think Trainual perfectly suited for onboarding! Love that it creates a polished product with minimal effort on the back end. I think it's less appropriate for any scenario where changes happen often. For example, if I had an employee process that changed every week (a system change, a new method, etc.), it wouldn't make sense to update the subject for that topic and make all employees re-visit it for just that one week. I think it's best used for processes that mostly stay the same for a significant period of time.
I've never had to use it, but everyone I've talked to during the initial onboarding process was excellent!
Read Julianna Oates's full review
January 23, 2020
Trainual is currently being used as a resource database and training certification program for our field staff. For the most part, it is used for our entire field staff and our marketing department. It helps us have a uniform program that all business developers can go through to ensure they are speaking the same language when out selling. It's been an easy-to-use program to help make sure everyone is using the same marketing voice.
  • Easy-to-use.
  • User segmentation.
  • Not a ton of template customization.
  • Wish we could segment users even more.
This program is perfect if you have internal and external teams who need to speak the same language. It's a great tool to store all documents that both teams need, ensuring that everyone always has the most recent documents. It's incredibly easy to use, set-up, add users, and add content.
During the entire sales process, the Trainual team was great to work with. After the sale, their onboard process was top notch as well and was very quick to answer any questions and actually were open to customizing the platform to meet our specific needs. They have been great this entire time.

Course authoring (3)
9.7
Course catalog or library (3)
Player/Portal (3)
Learning content (3)
Mobile friendly (2)
Progress tracking & certifications (3)
Assignments (3)
Compliance management (2)
Learning administration (3)
10.0
Learning reporting & analytics (3)
Social learning (2)

What is Trainual?

Trainual is a modern training manual for growing businesses. It provides one simple tool that aims to help users centralize processes and policies, automate onboarding and training, and build a foundation to scale faster. The vendor says Trainual is designed for small to medium sized businesses that are growing quickly and eager to document systems and processes, define step-by-step workflows, eliminate grey area between roles, and ensure that training happens consistently, every time.

According to the vendor, customers can actually avoid their best people leaving, retain and nurture great talent, ensure everybody does things the right way every time, and even get themselves out of the day-to-day grind if they simply spend the time to document how they do what they do in simple step-by-step sequences.

Trainual Competitors