We use AuthorityLabs primarily for daily rank checking and monthly reporting for SEO clients. As a consulting firm, we've used the tool on behalf of several clients. It helps them understand how well their sites are ranking for target keyword phrases and how their rankings are changing over time, as well as competitive comparisons.
- Shows updated ranking for search position daily.
- Tracks desktop and mobile rank.
- Makes it easy to add notes and categorize keyword groups.
- Doesn't do much more than track rankings and suggest keywords.
- Doesn't provide diagnostics or recommendations for improvement.
- This may have changed since we last used it, but keyword recommendations were not consistently useful.
It's best used for small to mid-sized businesses that need to track a modest number of keyword phrases - perhaps 100 to 500 - across multiple search engines, in a limited number of geographies, against three or fewer competitors. It's less useful for large enterprises or small businesses that need multiple SEO functions handled by a single tool.
This is an area where AuthorityLabs really shines. It's one of the few Martech or SEO tools vendors about whom I can honestly say I've never had a complaint about their customer support. The team there consistently responds to any questions I've had or issues I've encountered quickly, helpfully, and in a way that feels personal.