TravelPerk Reviews

November 14, 2019

Fantastic travel platform: go with TravelPerk!

TravelPerk is being used by the whole company in the US. We created cost center by department so it is easier to see costs and expenses per department. This is a great platform for our engineers traveling 70% of their time.
  • User friendly.
  • Great customer support and the chat works well.
  • I like that we receive an invoice at the end of the month and not automatic debit from the credit card.
  • Even if it is a business tool, add the option to buy tickets for minors and children.
  • Be able to add TSA for Americans.
  • Be able to add frequent fliers miles with airlines.
TravelPerk is a very user-friendly platform. The site provides a large sample of flights and hotels, although could add more, especially on the US market but we understand that it is a European company and it might take time. This is where TravelPerk is less appropriate. Same with TSA, all used by US travelers. I like the phone app, very well suited and cancellations are easy.
May 15, 2019

Self-service corporate travel booking

I work for an international company with multiple global offices, yearly retreats, etc. We use TravelPerk for all travel (flight and hotel) bookings across all departments. This allows employees to browse options, book their trips within a set budget, and then pay using the company card -- no need to expense and get reimbursed.
  • Very clean, attractive interface. TravelPerk is easy to use and looks great.
  • Good customer support. When I've had trouble with bookings, TravelPerk support responds quickly and addresses the issue.
  • You can easily add personal travel information (e.g., frequent flyer numbers) that are automatically applied to your flights, no need to add it manually with each booking.
  • You can't filter search results to only show flights within your set budget, which is incredibly frustrating. Yes you can organize by price, but I prefer to organize by flight time and always have to click past pages and pages of out-of-budget flights.
  • The TravelPerk search results do not make it clear what type of economy seat you're booking. I accidentally booked a flight where I could not bring a free carry-on bag, and this was not clear to me when I selected the flight in TravelPerk.
  • I can't do things like pre-select my seat myself. I don't like that I need to contact TravelPerk and have them make the arrangements for me.
TravelPerk works fine for what it is: allowing employees to book travel within budget without using their own credit cards. It would probably work very well for smaller to mid-sized companies, but may not be the best solution for very large companies that must organize extensive travel. For occasional and straightforward trips that are unlikely to change, it provides a relatively painless experience.
June 17, 2019

Travel Management made Simple and Efficient

It is used across the whole organization. It helps us to make flight bookings very easy.
  • I got very competitive flight tickets. Booking was very easy since I don't need to make a payment on my own.
  • It was automatic payment by the company's preset card. Hence, the transaction was very smooth.
  • I was able to do a group booking when we went for a business meeting. It helped us to get same rows seats, hence it was more productive even inside the flight.
  • Any time I contact the support team the response was immediate and great.
  • I did not find any.
We are a startup and frequent business travels. Previously we either used a company card and manually booked flight tickets individually. Some times we used our own credit card for booking flights and then submitted the receipts for reimbursement. Now, in just one click, we are able to book flight tickets and it makes our booking easy. No more submission of receipts.
May 08, 2019

Traveling for work doesn't have to be a chore

We use TravelPerk for the majority of the travel our organization does. We have policy control and transparency on the arrangements which have been made. This provides us with cost control functionality while still allowing everyone the flexibility to manage their own travel.
  • Policy control.
  • User administration.
  • Competitive Travel pricing.
  • We really need an "executive assistant" function for people who book other people's travel, but shouldn't have access to the policy controls.
  • A few bugs still, but the team are proactive in responding to feedback.
TravelPerk works well for preplanned travel and for teams where autonomy in managing arrangements is encouraged. The layers of control mean you can make the policies stricter for less self-managed teams.
TravelPerk would be challenging but not impossible to use for complex trips and arrangements with multiple people meeting in locations, but it works well for different people all going to a conference together or other scenarios where you want to team to stay together. It can be used for personal travel, but we have that functionality turned off.

About TravelPerk

TravelPerk, headquartered in Barcelona, offers their eponymous travel management application supporting bookings management, travel policy controls and management, invoicing, and other features.