Reviews (1-5 of 5)
August 09, 2019
Score 6 out of 10
We use Trend Micro on all our MS Window deployments across all organizations. The anti-virus software protects our digital assets and intellectual property. As a cloud solution, it allows us to run lean on hardware which is important to our company. Simple install and uninstall is important for a thin IT Department.
- Cloud management reports.
- User management.
- Administration tools are intuitive and easy to use.
- Apple Mac client is troublesome.
- Policies are clunky and difficult to understand.
- Security Agent dashboard lacks tools needed to remediate problems.
- Technical support was less than satisfactory.
Read Brian Duffy's full review
Trend Micro is well-suited for a Windows-only environment where you do not need to protect any Apple products. We are going to switch away from Trend as we are 50% Apple for our Creative department. Trend would work well for an MSP as it has good cloud tools that need a little improvement.
Score 9 out of 10
Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security is used organization-wide to protect all end-user machines, Windows terminals, Windows servers, and company-issued mobile devices. We used to use an on-premise version of Trend Micro until a server crash left us stranded. After reviving the rest of the company infrastructure, we decided to source as many cloud-based alternative applications as possible. Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security is one of those.
- Policy creation: each type of device (server, pc, mobile) can have its own policy type, and can be even further separated into device locations or department groups.
- Agent creation and rollout: enrolling a device into the system is super simple and can be completed by just sending the user an email with very simple instructions to complete the installation, or a system admin/tech support can manually download the installer to the machine if needed.
- Tech support: their support staff is excellent and willing to go the extra mile to help! I've contacted them via email and the support portal and the response time is extremely prompt, and I've got a resolution or answer to my questions within the first 2 conversations, if not the first response.
- Sales: upon renewal, I did have to reach out myself to confirm the renewal of our agreement, but it didn't take long to confirm. You'd just think someone would reach out to me ahead of time to set up the renewal agreement.
- Agent uninstalls: Occasionally when you remove an agent from the portal it "should" complete an uninstall of the client the next time the PC connects and comes online, but I've noticed that that doesn't always work, and I'll have to manually uninstall using the uninstall password to free up the license.
Read David Schwartz's full review
Small business or large, if you have remote users or a BYOD policy for your employees, then Trend Micro is a must! Policy creation is so simple, yet in-depth for advanced users to create some very unique policy definitions and conditions. If you have users on the go, working from home, or on mobile devices like iphones, ipads, and surface tablets, then you cannot go wrong. The software is unintrusive (even when running a scheduled scan) and users won't even know it's there, but it's such a powerful tool to have in your pocket. For any organization lacking visibility into missing updates, firmware, or unsure about virus vulnerability, then again, this is an absolute must!
February 07, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
We use this solution for the entire company, this is our official application for endpoint security. The solution's performance is really good, it doesn't consume too many resources from the operative system. The big advantage as the admin of this solution is that it's on the cloud, so, you can manage the policies or make changes remotely. The service is always updated, as matter of fact, we made some ethical hacker test to test if the application detects malware. The application detected them always. We are very satisfied with this solution.
- On cloud management
- Malware detection works very well
- License per user is not expensive
- Good performance
- Application control: when you try to apply policies for blocking applications you must select the path of the app location, but if the executable moves lead to another location the app will not be blocked.
- The issue solutions suggested by the application sometimes aren't very effective
Read Mauro Osvaldo Sepulveda Gutierrez's full review
Trend Micro is an excellent option when you don't want an appliance or a physical server on your infrastructure. Because the application is based on the cloud, the end users only need to install a .msi file and it's done. The management is on the cloud too, so you can make changes or edit policies remotely, this is a very useful feature.
August 02, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
We are using Worry Free Services Advanced. which is the cloud deployment of the solution. The company as a whole is using the Worry Free Solution software. Worry Free products are intended to be used by small business companies like ours. We are addressing the problem to get antivirus protection with additional features like the ones you can find in endpoint protection solutions. The deployment itself is hassle-free with a central managing console. No need to have internal infrastructure to host the solution. No need to have a specialized team focused on endpoint protection.
- Hybrid deployment, can be on-prem or cloud specific, we are using cloud based
- Central Control Manager capabilities to have control about what happens in the environment
- No need to have internal infrastructure to host further than your workstations or terminals
- No need to have dedicated team for security or endpoint protection
- Maintenance and updates are available just as released, no need to take actions on that side
- Great capabilities as a connected threat defense platform
- Endpoint protection features and quality for SMBs
- Cloud and collaboration platforms compatible including Office 365, Google Mail and On-Cloud Storage
- Not too much to say about cons
- The installation needs an agent installed on the protected computer
- Sometimes the infected host does not get the alert but the notification just goes to Control Manager
- Can lack special capabilities found in more robust platforms in the same range
- Pricier compared to other vendors
Read Jose A Garcia's full review
Trend Micro is well suited solution for SMBs, for companies with less than 100 endpoints or devices to protect. Where there is no internal infrastructure to host endpoint protection platforms and there are not internal IT teams or security focused personnel. Not suitable for businesses with more than 200 devices as you can lose effectiveness on the protection intended to be provided.
August 24, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security (TM: WFBS) has helped to protect our company over the past two years since I deployed it. I've had zero virus or malware infections since the implementation of TM: WFBS. I'm using it on our workstations and servers, with little to no impact on performance.
- It provides a high level of security from viruses and malware.
- Installation is incredibly simple.
- The administrator console is incredibly well laid out and gives you quality information about your environment.
- It can be a bit aggressive sometimes, but that's not always a bad thing
Read Mitch Hubbell's full review
I would say Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security is well suited for not only business use but home use as well. The name suggests worry-free and it really lives up to it.
Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Scorecard Summary
About Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security
Trend Micro offers an end-to-end hosted security solution which they call the Worry-Free Business Security suite for midsize and larger enterprises, which provides a wide range of services such as endpoint protection, email encryption, general antivirus and threat detection and prevention, as well as protection of cloud applications as well, with no maintenance.
Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Technical Details