Reviews (1-25 of 146)
- Clear reports make it easy for any reader to recognize performance.
- Story angle tracking enables the organization to track success against very specific campaigns.
- Share of voice tools let the community know how successful the team has been versus main competitors tasked with the same objectives.
- Search functions (for specific articles) are not straightforward.
- Ad equivalency can be better measured - I believe it is currently being overstated and I am having to compensate by hand to deliver what I consider to be accurate results.
- We still have a second tracking system in place because TrendKite doesn't cover every form of media we require to be reported.
- Widgets - provide at-a-glance insights.
- Key messages - allows us to sift through large amounts of data to determine what articles were on message.
- Customer support is always prompt and knowledgeable.
- Boolean is very sensitive.
- Implementing filters across searches is difficult.
- Sometimes it pulls in articles that are dead or once contained a link to what is being searched.
- TrendKite does a great job at monitoring media worldwide — as long as you create effectively Boolean logic strings.
- TrendKite's interactive reports look great and are easy to understand for clients.
- TrendKite's widgets enable me to create reports that provide share of voice comparisons between my clients and their competitors.
- Training/explanation of how to set up effective Boolean search strings could be better.
- The online help chat function is great, but I feel like too often the help staff are focused on solving the problem and not explaining the solution, so could avoid a similar situation in the future.
- I don't feel like my account representative is engaged with me to ensure that I am using TK to its full extent.
- I don't feel like I've received sufficient training to use the UnionMetrics functions to their full effect.
- Excellent customer service! The team is truly engaged with our brand and ready to help at any point.
- In-depth analytics and reporting that will simplify and streamline your campaign management.
- Straightforward, easy to use interface, that doesn't lack capability. If you've sat through as many platform demos as we have you know this isn't the industry norm. In a sea of platforms that all seemed to be the same, TrendKite really stood out to us!
- I know that it's tougher with Facebook privacy rules, but deeper insight and tracking abilities for Instagram would be fantastic. The ability to track sponsored content or specific posts would also be great.
- Best thing is not actually the platform or Trendkite, but the people behind it. They are available it seems ALL THE TIME, so if you forget how to quickly retrieve something it is very easy to get in contact with any of the customer service people and they all seem to have the same high level of experience and knowledge with the platform.
- Interface usability - has the essentials and doesn't really let you get lost. There's room for improvement, of course, but all in all it's very straight forward.
- Being able to see the geographical scale of the news, by importance and geographical areas. That notion and vision is very important for ANY business that sells beyond borders.
- Limitless reports, to fit your every stake and shareholder needs - that can be replicated just by changing the dates - so you don't have to do a new one each time.
- Specific Stake and Shareholder summary reporting examples: TrendKite has a lot of data and many times the question is more 'how to present' the data than the data itself. For that, it would be great (especially for professionals with fewer years of experience) to have some guidelines. For instance, if by answering 3-5 questions, like what is the main point you want to make of this report, who is your audience, etc, a report example would be suggested :-)
- USER INTERFACE: has room for improvement, graphically and also when it comes to getting quick queries answered 'in your palm', through a mobile app, for instance, instead of always having to login through your computer.
- The dashboard - really straight forward to use, easy to explain to new starters how to use it and also switch around for clients depending on what campaigns / time frame you're monitoring
- The shareability - it's great to give clients an interactive report for them to go into themselves and click through to individual pieces of coverage
- The chat bot - always a quick, helpful response which is especially handy for us as we're in the UK and it's a US platform so when starting out our contact wasn't always available
- The share of voice tool - very accurate and good to be able to add a number of different charts to monitor different sectors / offerings
- Integration with Google Analytics - this isn't always showing the most accurate results and it's not explained as well as the other widgets.
- Print coverage - it would be useful to have a manual way of adding in print coverage so we can evaluate all coverage on one dashboard.
- UK regional breakdown - there is a good breakdown for hotspots in US but not for UK regions.
- Customer service: we love our account rep, Kyle, as if he was an extension of our team!
- Search flexibility and accuracy.
- Dashboards mean reporting automation.
- Knowledge guide: so intuitive to learn basic Boolean search language.
- Readership numbers, direct links, and SEO scores.
- Duplication of readership numbers in syndicated press (artificially inflates total readership count).
- Sharing of searches between team members + API integration.
- Search type tagging: more streamlined would be better (fewer options).
- Monitoring media coverage
- Ease of use on the dashboard
- Good range of options
- The search function is absolutely bonkers.
- Using general search tags is bizarre and confusing.
- Changing searches could be a lot easier.
- Centralise PR data in an efficient, consistent and user-friendly way
- Export this data in an easy, visually appealing, and professional manner into reports that can very quickly be integrated into agency decks
- Inform our clients in real time of their press coverage in an EDM form with the relevant metrics
- Increase coverage of regional social platforms such as Line, WeChat, Weibo, etc.
- Easier to collect and treat data in foreign language
- Potentially - but not a priority - a more user-friendly way to write the code required to set-up a search
- Visually appealing and user-friendly
- The amount of data we receive and the customization options on the dashboards are great.
- Ability to distill down from the dashboard widgets into what I call "the rabbit hole of info" is amazing.
- It manages and scrubs for a ton of info, and this sometimes bogs down the speed.
- The newsletter functionality was less intuitive to customize than we had hoped.
- It is very comprehensive in what it pulls in.
- It allows for convenient slicing and dicing of the data after some practice.
- The customer service is great.
- There is a very steep learning curve for navigating the filters and setup.
- It doesn't handle Medium.com well (it ranks every post on the site as very high impact by default even if a Medium poster has no followers).
It looks to be used to:
1. Help with measurement
2. Provide marketing and competitor insight
3. Showing we take measurement seriously
4. Help us differentiate from other agencies
- I love how you can find what general articles (not coverage related) people are reading before going on a client's website - this insight is really powerful
- It's a really attractive showing different measurement metrics
- Showing how coverage links to website visitors
- The crawling for coverage can be poor and not always accurate
- The paywall issue on some sights can be frustrating
- The speed turning around some enquiries
- Insights on areas clients need to talk about
- SoV tracking and understanding the wider industry
- Content creation around key topics
- TrendKite makes it simple to see in the dashboards. They are super user-friendly.
- They allow us to measure by different statistics like Moz Score, Domain Authority, and Influencer reach.
- We have enjoyed our account manager. He does a great job supporting and training us when we have questions.
- You can download things to Excel to analyze specific data.
- I feel at times that the influencers are inflated because of their followers. We have an influencer who has a huge following, but when she promoted our product, we didn't see a lift. TrendKite showed us that her post was supposed to be the most impactful, which is very subjective.
- They don't allow you to DM influencers on an Instagram tool.
- TrendKite does a good job of providing various tools to measure your clients' media presence.
- TrendKite employees are great at helping whenever you need them.
- TrendKite's filters are great!
- Some of the searches pull irrelevant coverage, no matter how many filters you apply.
- TrendKite has an issue with recognizing scrolling webpages as separate pages, marking the same piece of coverage hundreds of times.
- Some of the filters are not all-encompassing, like the Market Reports filter still allows some market reports, for example.
Review: "TrendKite helps me create a real newsletter that is more attractive to my readers while making it easier for them to follow and follow up."
- TrendKite is good at identifying articles related to my organization, including issues we address and people related to those issues.
- TrendKite groups articles into categories which allow me to easily compose our Newsletter and group related articles together for the people who read it.
- I had a conference call with TrendKite staff and they created dashboards for me to query on the different articles I want to include in my newsletter. It makes the process a lot easier easier.
- I would like for my dashboards to include articles by specific publications that I included in my newsletter before I started using TrendKite.
- I would like to be able to somehow exclude articles I've used in past newsletters. I don't always remember them and need to go back to past newsletters to make sure I don't include past articles.
- I would like to exclude articles from the last newsletter I sent without manually removing all the tags.
- The dashboards functionality are really visual and useful to use
- The onboarding customer experience and account management from TrendKite was super friendly and efficient
- The ability to quickly create custom reports is fantastic
- I'd like to easily drill down into one athlete or social influencers impact on PR and social media over time
- Our product has very specific search terms and it took some time to get our search queries working perfectly and removing the irrelevant mentions
- I'd like to be able to monitor community user comments and feedback to view in one place and see if there are comments we need to respond to in a proactive way
- I'd like to be able to harvest contacts when people speak positively about our brand or products on PR or social media to reach out to them proactively to enter our sales funnel
- The customer care and help functions inside the TrendKite dashboard works really well. We normally receive answers within minutes.
- Requests for new dashboards and updates are entered a few days after asking.
- Sidelink content was the main issue we faced when creating useful dashboards.
- The PR attribution part is not 99% accurate.
- TrendKite quantifies our PR impact and helps the team to optimize the PR strategy.
- TrendKite analytics are the data basis to strategically shape our SEO-friendly PR approach.
- TrendKite allows us to easily get an overview of what other travel brands are doing.
- TrendKite is very strong in detecting coverage for our brands that operate in the English-speaking market, but it struggles with other languages e.g. Spanish.
- TrendKite also does not always get the international media right. So sometimes coverage is missing or top media is categorized as a blog (which we filter out by default).
- Provides us insight into the reporters and/or media outlets that have the most impact.
- Gives us a great sense of the geographical spread our clients are seeing with earned media coverage.
- Allows us to pull out key messages from earned media coverage to ensure that our spokespersons are effectively delivering said key messages via media interviews and other communications.
- Social media tracking
- Pulling in all coverage/not missing key articles
- Tracking and alerting media output that might reflect on brand
- Flexible output for reports to leadership
- Easy to use tracking and reporting
- Easy to customize output for my own use
- Easy to share reports, searches and other information with communicators across the country
- The campaign feature helps me organize media hits and that allows me to provide more accurate targeting.
- For some reason the Newsletter feature is hidden under the Alert category but, knowing that I use it weekly to inform leadership about our media interactions
- The search feature required a significant amount of effort to learn. Developing a plain language search method or employing AI might make it easier to use.
- My favorite widget is the one for seeing SEO impact
- Also it is great to see your trending vs. the competition
- Positive vs. negative segment is good too - sometimes it surprises us. A campaign that we saw as super positive - actually had a negative impact on our reputation.
- It is a pretty complex tool, so understanding each widget can be overwhelming, however the staff is very helpful in guiding you.
- Report creation.
- Owned account tracking.
- Including social data in overall media monitoring reports.
- The social component could be upgraded to more accurately collect metrics on ephemeral content.
- Social listening is done in a completely different program than the media monitoring - combining the two would make report creation much easier and allow for a fuller picture of an incident across traditional and social media on the built-in dashboard section.
- Social listening only tracks Twitter. Public Facebook comments would be key in seeing a fuller picture of how an incident or campaign is playing out on social media.
TrendKite is less appropriate to use for real-time customer service on social media, such as responding to complaints or praise during a live event when the timing is key to head off negative thoughts. Because it is just a listening platform you cannot post from the same service in response to negative tweets so doing so would involve an extra step.
- Identify reporters to whom we want to pitch stories.
- Find the contact information of reporters.
- Build mailing lists.
- Send press releases.
- Find out more about media outlets, such as unique visitors per month.
- Create media monitoring reports.
- Create a quarterly report for leadership and different teams.
- Visually appealing.
- Lists articles reporters have written recently so that I can pitch the right content to the right reporters.
- Provides real-time customer service via chat.
- It does not have contact information for many reporters whom I want to contact.
- It does not allow us to customize the look and feel of our reports.
- TrendKite has limited information on news outlets. For example, it does not include the number of print subscribers.
- Story Kit has limitations, including requiring teams to link their corporate email accounts, which is a privacy/HIPAA risk for healthcare users.
We often need to vet media outlets, but TrendKite has limited information on media outlets. It can definitely be more robust. We would like information such as print subscribers or even demographics if that's available.
- Great at pulling readership.
- Great at pulling ad value.
- The customer service team is very responsive.
- It doesn't always pick up multiple articles, and we have to manually add the ones missed.
- It doesn't always determine ad value or reach form for manually added articles.
TrendKite Scorecard Summary
TrendKite is PR analytics software helping PR professionals quantify their true business impact. The vendor aims to go beyond legacy metrics such as readership, mentions and ad equivalency and provide PR professionals a concrete way to attribute their efforts to real business outcomes like brand value, web traffic, SEO, and revenue.
The TrendKite platform allows PR professionals to hone in on quality coverage with single-click filters, benchmark against competitors, and report the business impact of campaigns with beautiful interactive reports. PR pros can swifty respond to crises thanks to Spike Alerts, real-time alerts powered by artificial intelligence. And using Pinpoint Contacts, the next-generation of media contacts, PR pros can leverage a journalist discovery engine to uncover new high impact journalists.
According to the vendor, the product is used by more than 1300 clients, including brands and agencies such as Nike, Google, SXSW, Hershey's, John’s Hopkins, M&C Saatchi, and Mondelez.
TrendKite Videos (3)
- Everything a PR Pro Needs to Know about Google Analytics
- Evernote uses TrendKite to quantify the impact of their global comms strategy.
- Hershey uses TrendKite to find opportunities to proactively join conversations in the media.
- Vega can now create a beautiful PR Newsletter in 1/4 the time.
- Drive Time uses TrendKite to measure PR's impact on search engine rankings (SEO)
TrendKite Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||10%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||30%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||60%|
TrendKite Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
TrendKite Technical Details
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish, Chinese, German, Korean, French, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Vietnamese, Dutch, Bahasa, Indonesian, Czech, Russian, Hebrew, Polish, Romanian, Macedonian, Turkish, Arabic, Ukrainian, Greek, Croatian, Norwegian, Swedish, Estonian, Tagalog, Hungarian, Hindi, Bulgarian, Danish, Tamil, Afrikaans, Slovenian, Slovak, Finnish, Gujarati, Lithuanian, Swahili, Thai, Somali, Latvian, Nepali, Bengali, Marathi, Persian|