- TrendKite has detailed graphics to show in an easy-to-understand manner the comparison and status of each company/individual we are keeping track of.
- TrendKite has wonderful, fast, helpful customer service -- answering questions in as little as 2 minutes. This is extremely helpful when putting together a report on a deadline.
- TrendKite's interface is very easy to use, easy to understand, and clean.
- We have had many circumstances of TrendKite not monitoring specific outlets that we need monitored. This causes an issue with tracking the value of our work or the share of voice comparison for our clients, as results may not be all-encompassing.
- A good amount of advertising is included in the mentions brought in by TrendKite. While the team is very helpful in removing the advertisements upon request, it would be great to not have to worry about earned media and paid media being tracked as one and the same.
It is not as well suited as a media contact base, compared to some of its competitors. It may not be as appropriate for tracking mentions from smaller outlets, as they may not be covered by the TrendKite base.
Before we had TrendKite we had no idea what articles were being published, what news outlets had the best readership, or how our press compared to our competitors. Now we have a clear view and can make data-driven decisions in a timely manner.
- Sharing all of the information company-wide, whether as an alert, or end of the quarter data is super simple and easy to use and being able to share across email and slack is a great integration.
- Setting up alerts, dashboards, and searches are very user-friendly, especially when you have a customer success team that is as amazing as ours!!
- Having a database of all articles, and being able to see visual representations of the success of articles in the news about our company without spending hours of time creating it, makes my job super simple.
- Having an export feature is great, however, one area that could improve is allowing the users to customize the reports we want to export. Ie. putting multiple dashboards on one page, or changing the order, or adding comments.
- At the very beginning of our contract, understanding the relationship of the diagrams took a little time to understand, so making those a little clearer would be great.
- Getting our searches and dashboards created took some time especially for someone who doesn't know the boolean code. Having an example of searches to go by would be super helpful (although our customer success team could set it up for us, I wanted to be involved as well) and honestly, I am knit-picking here. The only real thing that would be a nice change is a user-friendly export feature.
- The flexibility and customization options for the dashboard
- The options for media coverage
- Reporting options
- I don't have any off the top of my head - TrendKite has been a vast improvement from our previous software.
- The dashboard is highly customizable and extraordinarily useful. You can create as many dashboards and campaigns as you wish for time periods going all the way back to 2013.
- The reporting is stellar. Fully interactive, allowing people who receive the report to not just see how much coverage, but actually visit the individual articles, and gain a deeper understanding of what's being presented.
- The customer service is truly outstanding. Our customer success team is always available to answer questions, help with searches, and do just about anything else I ask related to the product.
- It's a newer tool, so they're always making improvements. I would love some more flexibility in how some of the widgets display information in the dashboards.
- The application can be a bit fussy in Safari. Chrome works much better.
It's certainly not cheap, but it's well worth the price for any organization that can afford it.
- Tracking and alerting media output that might reflect on brand
- Flexible output for reports to leadership
- Easy to use tracking and reporting
- Easy to customize output for my own use
- Easy to share reports, searches and other information with communicators across the country
- I haven't used campaign feature but I think this will be an easy to use asset
- For some reason the Newsletter feature is hidden under the Alert category
- The search feature required a significant amount of effort to learn. Developing a plain language search method or employing AI might make it easier to use.
- TrendKite is very easy to use, from the dashboard to the searches to the reports. After just a short amount of time, our team has been able to learn the functionalities it offers and use them, even at their most basic level.
- I appreciate TrendKite's quick access to customer service. From reports not generating correctly to help creating a search term, a representative is always just a chat away.
- Our team's onboarding was a bit of a hodge-podge and could have been more streamlined so that everyone felt equipped. It would be beneficial to have a complete guide to refer back to and share.
- The search function works well, but I would like to have an up-to-the-minute or as-it-happens function that alerts me by email as soon as my search term pops up online (like Google Alerts).
TrendKite is well suited to track mentions of our brand and our competitors, but doesn't work very well for up-to-the-minute tracking of various crisis situations or as-it-happens industry news. I still need to use an additional tool like Google Alerts to do this.
TrendKite has great reporting capabilities and the interactive reports have been very beneficial to my team and stakeholders.
- I like that TrendKite gives us specific numbers (ad value, total readership, etc.) as many of our clients respond best to concrete facts like this.
- TrendKite customer service is the best! I've never waited for more than 5 minutes for a response, they are always nice and willing to explain things to me clearly.
- I like the real-time media alerts that you can sign up for, it helps me keep track of media hits when I'm not actively thinking about them.
- TrendKite often picks up coverage that isn't from my clients, so I'll have to go in and delete them.
- It would be nice to be able to edit the information from within a report and not have to go back to the dashboard and then re-pull the report.
- Industry dashboard is a very comprehensive way to track the communication landscape around the company and brands.
- Reporting features of TrendKite are very powerful. It creates reports in a snap and the reports can be easily modified.
- I like the opportunity to drill-down on individual widgets to see the information in more detail.
- It is tracking publicity globally and it is a bit hard to narrow searches just to one particular language or country.
- I would like to use some other features, but I am lacking the budget for those. Maybe some option to buy services for shorter period, i.e. campaign, instead of yearly contract will help.
- Sometimes I get lost in searches. I am not sure if they are still relevant over the time.
- Reporting - Quick, easy to use and the reports are fully customisable and interactive
- Mention Tracking - Detailed and interactive breakdown of mentions day-by-day that has replaced our previous tracker
- Searches - Very helpful when tracking different products that have different target audiences and media
- Filtering out content - Difficult to filter out some mentions that are irrelevant to the product in question, particularly when there is just a passing mention
- TrendKite is able to tailor your search query to your specific needs
- TrendKite is entirely automated once set up which makes it easier for your organization.
- TrendKite has a terrific earned media coverage estimator.
- TrendKite can sometimes send irrelevant articles that drive employees away from actually reading email notifications.
- TrendKite is expensive for start-up organizations, making it difficult to justify its subscription to senior management.
It helped us measure the return on investment on our media relations efforts and prove the value of PR efforts to the organization.
- It is well suited for reporting media coverage on specific media campaigns, whether you want an overview or deep analysis.
- It is well suited for looking at media coverage results compared to competitors
- I use the alerts and spikes in coverage alerts almost daily.
- The newsletter feature is a good way to report media coverage to our stakeholders - wish it was more visually appealing.
We get alerted about industry trends.
- Giving your public relations efforts an actual ROI
- Customer service (super quick and easy to work with)
- Competitor analysis. It’s great to see how we stack up agains our like schools.
- Dashboard customization. Would love the ability to change the colors so it’s easy for an executive to see SU vs our competitors on graphs.
- We find the tool to be very comprehensive and useful and the support team to be a great resource, quick to respond to any issues and a pleasure to work with.
- We love the tools for showing social shares and for setting up key messages and alerts.
- I'd like to be able to search the coverage for specific words rather than always setting up the key words widget.
- SOV analysis
- Trending earned media coverage over time
- Geographic coverage
- Not having to create so many searches
- When exporting, it would be nice to be able to export individual widgets instead of the whole dashboard. Within the widget export, having all data exported (including the number of mentions, totals, percentages etc.) not just the data displayed in the widget
- Customer service is excellent; they respond immediately.
- The platform is very easy to understand and use.
- The onboard process was quick and painless.
- Including Baidu and Naver and international search engines in country specific results.
- The searches, dashboards, reports and alerts are easy to create and refine.
- Customer service is accessible and almost always immediate.
- Most importantly for us, TrendKite is always expanding and improving the platform based off of our needs and feedback.
- Some of the items that are undergoing refinement and could use further update include auto-generated newsletters. Daily alerts are automatic, but for the most professional and useful round-ups of media, we find that they have to be hand-crafted.
- keyword support- initial setup & refining via customer support. They're Boolean wizards!
- data visualization via widget-based dashboards- great for quick reference.
- PR Attribution offering is very useful if driving to a website is a communications goal- no one else really does this!
- slack integration for alerting!!
- international coverage is spotty but improving; you'd need a local market representative to QA the data & translate the keywords
- the instant reports are not customizable so not useful from a client services perspective
- alerting could be more customizable- like basic volume thresholds or something, rather than for every article
- Trendkite covers a wide range of news sources
- Trendkite provides an easy and quick snapshot of what is happening in the industry/brand by providing the findings through easy to digest charts.
- Trendkite is user-friendly and you don't need to wait for your data to load - it is available to you as soon as you save your search.
- It would be great to be able to export the data from the widgets into excel so that you can easily adapt it to the format you need
- It would good to have the ability to organize your searches better (into folders)
- More user-friendly search building practices. Get rid of commands you use to clean up the search results and come up with the easier way to do so. In the short term, it would be good to have the list of the commands easily accessible.
- Slick interface, very user-friendly
- Attentive and responsive account management
- Clear interest in making sure our company gets what we need out of the product.
- Still getting a lot of irrelevant search terms coming up
- The search term (Boolean) setup requires account management involvement
- The email digest formatting could be a bit easier to read or have some headlines, something that draws the eye
So far, I'd say it didn't shape our PR strategy but it's adding useful metrics we can use when we rethink our strategy next year. Right now, some of our earned media and sponsored content didn't get picked up in Trendkite, so that limits our ability to see how many people are actually reading those pieces. We're working with the team on that.
From a marketing perspective, the team does appreciate getting insight into competitors and other brands. I wonder, though, whether they can achieve the same insights from Google Alerts. From my perspective, Trendkite gives much more insight into which clients and customers and competitors are being mentioned the most.
- Customer service - very responsive and flexible!
- Ad equivalency - a great metric to show to our board members and agency-wide what our coverage looks like in terms of ad $$
- Highest readership - we are easily able to find articles that are making the biggest impact
- Sometimes toggling between dashboards can get confusing
- There are a few widgets we don't benefit from
- TrendKite aggregates coverage, so you never miss an article that mentions a client or a client's competitor.
- TrendKite makes it easy to present media mentions by making it easy to build graphs that can then be presented.
- TrendKite customer service is exceptional and can really help with anything. They are on 24/7 and are always friendly and ready to help.
- TrendKite's platform seems to work a tad slow at times.
- TrendKite needs a better method to measure ad equivalency and distinguish between print and online.
- Very robust analytics dashboards with the ability to make on the spot tweaks at any time
- Comprehensive monitoring system that can pull in various forms of coverage or mentions in key media outlets
- Capability to add as many filters, key words and dashboards as you need to follow key campaigns or thought leaders being mentioned in daily media outlets
- Not able to execute a media blast or build a media list of outlets with this software - it's more for monitoring and reporting
- Lacks a comprehensive tracking/monitoring system for specialized trade press (E.g., If you have a list of online media trade pubs that are your "go to's" for your PR efforts, I'd suggest having the assistant working on your account cross-check to see if they can be added so you can get an accurate pull of coverage each day)
- Still tends to pull in non-relevant coverage even when key words and certain "opt out" boxes have been checked to not pull in coverage, such as: financial news where your company was mentioned, job postings where your company was mentioned, etc.
- TrendKite does a great job of finding media mentions in a wide range of media, from TV and radio to major newspapers and small blogs.
- TrendKite offers easy and attractive reporting features to share analysis over time with others in an organization.
- TrendKite is always innovating, and is highly responsive to customer feedback.
- TrendKite's customer support is extremely quick and helpful.
- TrendKite's platform can be a bit slow and finicky at times. Some of its features are difficult to use on a small laptop screen.
- TrendKite does still miss some media mentions, including those in major publications.
- TrendKite's radio capturing technology does not seem to be functioning properly. I have difficulty locating the mention of Wesleyan within the audio clip.
- I wish it was possible to see how many readers a particular article has, rather than an average of monthly visitors to a general website.
- Some of the new features introduced by TrendKite (eg. SEO impact, total coverage vs. total web traffic) are not easy to understand, or I don't feel they relate important or usable information.
- Interactive reporting - This is the single best feature of TrendKite, as it has allowed us to communicate our PR efforts with our broader team and show how much our company is mentioned in the media.
- Competitor analysis - Being able to see how our efforts are not only generating great exposure for our company, but seeing how these efforts have set us aside from the competition has been incredibly valuable in showing us that our efforts are working.
- Support - The team always responds very quickly and handles all queries very quickly. They are incredibly understanding with any issues that come up, and handle things very creatively and are extremely polite.
- Generating reports - this is one area where the process could be simplified. While the output is great, there are quite a few steps to get there which are easy to forget, so hopefully this is something that can be streamlined a bit more in the near future.
- It would be great if there was some sort of function to see "trending topics" - it's likely hard to do that by keywords since so many articles will have a lot of crossover and not be about the same topic in the end, but that could be a really helpful insight down the road.
TrendKite Scorecard Summary
TrendKite is PR analytics software helping PR professionals quantify their true business impact. The vendor aims to go beyond legacy metrics such as readership, mentions and ad equivalency and provide PR professionals a concrete way to attribute their efforts to real business outcomes like brand value, web traffic, SEO, and revenue.
The TrendKite platform allows PR professionals to hone in on quality coverage with single-click filters, benchmark against competitors, and report the business impact of campaigns with beautiful interactive reports. PR pros can swifty respond to crises thanks to Spike Alerts, real-time alerts powered by artificial intelligence. And using Pinpoint Contacts, the next-generation of media contacts, PR pros can leverage a journalist discovery engine to uncover new high impact journalists.
According to the vendor, the product is used by more than 1300 clients, including brands and agencies such as Nike, Google, SXSW, Hershey's, John’s Hopkins, M&C Saatchi, and Mondelez.
TrendKite Videos (3)
- Everything a PR Pro Needs to Know about Google Analytics
- Evernote uses TrendKite to quantify the impact of their global comms strategy.
- Hershey uses TrendKite to find opportunities to proactively join conversations in the media.
- Vega can now create a beautiful PR Newsletter in 1/4 the time.
- Drive Time uses TrendKite to measure PR's impact on search engine rankings (SEO)
TrendKite Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||10%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||30%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||60%|
TrendKite Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
TrendKite Technical Details
|Supported Languages: ||English, Spanish, Chinese, German, Korean, French, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Vietnamese, Dutch, Bahasa, Indonesian, Czech, Russian, Hebrew, Polish, Romanian, Macedonian, Turkish, Arabic, Ukrainian, Greek, Croatian, Norwegian, Swedish, Estonian, Tagalog, Hungarian, Hindi, Bulgarian, Danish, Tamil, Afrikaans, Slovenian, Slovak, Finnish, Gujarati, Lithuanian, Swahili, Thai, Somali, Latvian, Nepali, Bengali, Marathi, Persian|