Currently we are using TriNet as our core HRIS and PEO - HR, Payroll, Benefits, Reporting. We also use TriNet for compliance purposes, and …
TriNet allows us to have a lean HR operations team and serve other business functions while remaining HR compliant and providing offerings …
We used Trinet to do our payroll, HR, and medical
I use it as a platform for various HR needs mainly payroll and benefits management.
Originally we signed on with TriNet for two reasons: 1.) We needed a more competitive benefits package to attract talent and 2.) as a …
We use TriNet as a payroll and benefits platform. We are able to have TriNet work with various states' different payroll requirements in …
Our company used TriNet for almost 6 years. Full suite of services: Payroll, Tax, HRIS, Benefits, unemployment, LOA, WC, etc.
The scope of our use case includes payroll, HR guidance, training, employee information database, and benefits.
Weekly payroll for several states. TriNet files all state returns. Benefits are handled with minimal time and attention from our company. …
TriNet provides our company with many services. We benefit from the healthcare options offered through their program. Our employees …
TriNet is the PEO we employ. We are a relatively small company with less than 15 employees. Before using TriNet, we outsourced our HR …
I used TriNet primarily for HR resources as well as to access my pay stubs, timesheets, W2s, and tax forms. TriNet was the single source …
I use Trinet to process our payroll and for HR.
It manages payroll, time-off requests, and other HR functions.
It is our outsourced HR dept. Payroll, hiring, firing.
Update personal information (579)
View and generate pay and benefit information (566)
Pay calculation (581)
Benefit plan administration (589)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of TriNet, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
6 people want pricing too
TriNet provides small and medium size businesses (SMBs) with full-service HR solutions tailored by industry. The vendor aims to free SMBs from HR complexities by offering access to human capital expertise, benefits, risk mitigation and compliance, payroll and real-time technology. From Main Street to Wall Street, TriNet's goal is to empower SMBs to focus on what matters most—growing their business.
- Supported: Employee demographic data
- Supported: Employment history
- Supported: Job profiles and administration
- Supported: Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
- Supported: Benefits information
- Supported: Organizational charting
- Supported: Organization and location management
- Supported: Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
- Supported: Pay calculation
- Supported: Off-cycle/On-Demand payment
- Supported: Payroll history for each employee
- Supported: Benefit plan administration
- Supported: Direct deposit files
- Supported: Payroll tracking and auditing
- Supported: Salary revision and increment management
- Supported: Reimbursement management
- Supported: Approval workflow
- Supported: Email notifications
- Supported: Balance details
- Supported: Annual carry-forward and encashment
- Supported: Employee login
- Supported: View and generate pay and benefit information
- Supported: Update personal information
- Supported: Request time off
- Supported: View job history
- Supported: View company policy documentation
- Supported: View company news and information
- Supported: Employee recognition
- Supported: Report builder
- Supported: Pre-built reports
- Supported: Ability to combine HR data with external data
- Supported: Additional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
- Supported: Additional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor
- Supported: Performance plans
- Supported: Performance improvement plans
- Supported: Review status tracking
- Supported: Review reminders
- Supported: Candidate search
- Supported: Candidate development
- Supported: New hire portal
- Supported: Manager tracking tools
- Supported: Corporate goal setting
- Supported: Individual goal setting
- Supported: Line-of sight-visibility
- Supported: Performance tracking
- Supported: Job Requisition Management
- Supported: Publish to Social Media
- Supported: Job Search Site Posting
- Supported: Applicant Tracking
- Supported: Notifications and Alerts
TriNet HR Solution Demo
PEOPLE MATTER ─ TriNet Customer Stories
- ADP TotalSource
- Paychex PEO
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
TriNet provides small and medium size businesses (SMBs) with full-service HR and payroll solutions tailored by industry. TriNet also offers specialized services through client access to HR representatives for advice and notifications on impactful regulatory changes.
ADP TotalSource are common alternatives for TriNet.
Reviewers rate Direct deposit files highest, with a score of 9.4.
The most common users of TriNet are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Computer Software industry.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- Benefit/PEO administration.
- Automated payroll processing.
- State/Federal wage + employment compliance.
- Performance management.
- Org chart/employee directory.
- Onboarding/headcount planning.
- Layers of access while providing security around sensitive data
- Dedicated account team members to help
- Intuitive and easy to use platform for leaders and end users
- Cloud products such as TriNet Hire connect to a wider array of recruitment platforms
- Platform Training resources for all levels of users, in all categories
- Access to speak to someone in groups like LOA, Immigration, Taxes/Proxy's vs waiting for a response to a case
- Medical plan choices
- Costs to small businesses
- Ease of use with their platform
- Benefit management.
- HR advisor.
- More flexibility with managing various PTO accruals and carryovers for same-level employees.
- Chat support
- HR support
- Originally we had an account representative assigned to us who quickly learned our business and needs. That went away with Connect360. I miss having that direct contact, but the chat function and CRM capabilities have been massively improved.
- More ease and intuition of the TriNet mobile app.
- Add employer functionality to the app.
- Customer Service
- ease of finding reports
- ease of accessing personal and employee payroll information
- I recently had an issue where an employee was terminated, then rehired. Upon entering payroll to pay for unpaid wages the employee was owed, the payroll seemed to go through properly. It was only after I was to finalize payroll that it was discovered this employee's hours were changed by TriNet without notifying me first. The payroll was finalized without me being able to address the issue in time. I had to contact customer service immediately. The issue was resolved, but notifying me of a change primary to this becoming an issue would have been ideal. It was stressful. We also had to pay an additional fee to make sure the employee was paid correctly
- I understand that the portal platform is being enhanced, but the "contacts" section on the website is hard to find. The layout of the portal platform is not attractive and it seems like you really need to hunt for what you're looking for.
- Customer service upon the first phone call is great, but once the initial problem is introduced, the individual that you spoke to through customer service will contact you again via email with a general email address. If I have to call again, I get another customer service rep who then has to track down the original rep in order to resolve the problem. Having a dedicated rep for a company used to be the norm. Now we are just handed off to anyone, then having to go through many reps just go find the original person who handled the situation in the first place. I would prefer a phone call back from the original person who worked on an issue or at least an email with their personal email address or phone extension. Again, regarding the payroll issue I had this week, I had to talk to a few different reps to make sure the issue was handled on time, and I was originally brought back to the first one I spoke with (via email). Phone calls would have been much more expedient, and TriNet seems to rely heavily on email. It felt pointless for me to continue calling because I would have had to describe the issue again to anyone that answered the call. This is very frustrating.
- Many benefit plans for employees to choose.
- Their proprietary HRIS is just a front-end experience. Almost zero customization available, data and reporting were incredibilities limited, functionality was basic as best (quite lacking really), and poor user experience.
- Benefits were expensive for a PEO and priced based on our group, so there were no "bulk savings" to benefit from.
- Customer service was sterile and lacking for both administrators and employees.
- Taxes were inconsistent state by state. Some were your own, some were TriNet. Made is very difficult to manage or even understand our setup.
- They have mastered making themselves as sticky as possible. The exit process was a nightmare.
- Communication with payroll specialists
- User-friendly platform
- Workforce analytics
- The Time and Attendance platform has employee default errors
- HR assistance.
- Multi-State payroll tax returns.
- Asking for personal information when calling on behalf of the company.
- Reporting - limitless options
- Designated Preferred Services Specialist
- Great Benefits
- Additional tax withholding options for bonus payments
- The app is user-friendly.
- They provided multiple trainings during Covid which was incredibly helpful when everyone was trying to figure out PPP.
- Their communication and response have gotten much faster.
- The build a report feature is still limited and doesn't provide as many options as I'd like.
- Their chat feature is good, but sometimes it takes so long to get to an actual person and past all the automatic robot questions.
- One stop shop for company HR links, FAQs and personal information.
- Secure login that stores personal data in your account for later use.
- Access to W2s, tax forms, pay stubs, timesheet with user-friendly navigation.
- I had to use a separate platform for my 401k account.
- I was able to access previous years' W2s but past pay stubs may have disappeared.
- No other issues.
- website is fairly easy to use
- terrible non-personal customer service
- problems take many days, phone calls and email to resolve
- customer service reps can't answer any problems and you are passed around multiple times
- can't talk in person to the correct dept to get problems resolved
- not cost effective because of the amount of time it takes to figure out a problem
- company had great personal service until they introduced connect 360
- Nothing stands out
- Customer service is lacking in my opinion.
- I feel information is presented in an unclear way.
- I experienced expense reimbursement issues.
- I also experienced issues setting up benefits.
- All in one source for HR info.
- ROI vs. hiring employees.
- Website UI
- Changes in acct mgmt./contacts/representatives.
- One point of contact.
- Time off tracking.
- HR Assistance.
- Ability to calculate Payroll By State For Some of the Reports I need to run.
- Lock IN Conversion Rate Earlier. It is always a problem when I run the payroll expecting one conversion rate and then find a different conversion rate when the payroll is actually run for Canada.
- I liked having an assigned person to my account. Debra Ford was amazing, but I know that TriNEt moved to a more decentralized model.
- Being in Australia, they are a chat away if assistance is required
- Health benefit program for the employees is easy to renew every year
- The help section is not as detailed; so you usually have to contact them
- From the administrator's point of view, I don't know what the employees are seeing from their side. Hard to tell new employees what are the steps to take next.
- Customer Service
- Response time
- Promoting seminars that may be of interest
- I'm often locked out and need to reset my password on the portal
- Better salary comparison functionality as part of the regular offering
- They do a great job at administering our company benefits.
- They handle our 401k program and make it possible for us to offer this to our employees.
- I still would like to see a dedicated representative assigned to our company.
- The payroll approval process could use some improvement.
- It would be nice to have a quicker, more personal response to emails sent to Connect 360.
- I still struggle with Workforce Analytics and setting up a customized report.
- I would like to see the headcount report go back to what it was before Workforce Analytics.
- Timely payroll processing.
- Basic queries are answered fairly quickly.
- Escalation matrix is in place.
- Connect 360 / PreferredSupport does not work as well as a dedicated representative.
- Proactively communicating changes in payroll and tax compliances specific to each client such as local payroll taxes which they supposedly do not manage
- Complete payroll and tax management i.e. federal, state, local and any other which may impact their clients
- Quarterly confirmations on payroll and tax filings in the format requested by the client
- On-line systems and reporting for routine tasks
- Non-routine tasks or requests
- Overall response lag
- Track FMLA and LOA requests
- Provide support with employee relation issues, directing to legal counsel when needed
- Negotiate benefit rates and offerings
- Payroll Administration
- Ideally offer timekeeping system as part of Trinet, instead of TPA where systems do not communicate with each other.
- Fortunately, we continue with our assigned representative and not relying solely on Connect360 resource where you speak with a different person each time.
- HR Guidance, including parental leave and medical leave.
- Payroll administration.
- Benefit election and practical advice for employees on their choices.
- They have struggled during the move to remote due to Covid 19, but are getting there as an organization.
- More communication across departments or in their internal systems.
- Bring back dedicated account managers. I like building that one on one relationship.
- Benefits - many options
- Recruiting - easy accessing for candidates and recruiters
- Performance reviews - easy to build and streamline to your needs
- Payroll - clear and timely
- Nothing comes to mind right now - I guess I wish I could call my rep directly instead of the portal but whoever answers when I call always gives me what I need so it's all good.
- I wish 30-60-90 reviews could automatically be generated from the hire, by clicking if you want this option.
- Excellent customer service
- Human Resource support
- Payroll Reporting
- Promptly resolves my issues
- More standard payroll reports
- A more efficient way to contact our account rep