Tri(Net) Before You Buy!

May 18, 2022
Currently we are using TriNet as our core HRIS and PEO - HR, Payroll, Benefits, Reporting. We also use TriNet for compliance purposes, and …

TriNet review

April 19, 2022
I use it as a platform for various HR needs mainly payroll and benefits management.

TriNet is great but needs a few tweaks

April 15, 2022
We use TriNet as a payroll and benefits platform. We are able to have TriNet work with various states' different payroll requirements in …

Just hearing "TriNet" makes me cringe

April 15, 2022
Our company used TriNet for almost 6 years. Full suite of services: Payroll, Tax, HRIS, Benefits, unemployment, LOA, WC, etc.

HR made easy!

April 13, 2022
Weekly payroll for several states. TriNet files all state returns. Benefits are handled with minimal time and attention from our company. …

Big Benefits for a Fair Price!

April 12, 2022
TriNet provides our company with many services. We benefit from the healthcare options offered through their program. Our employees …

SMB shining star.

February 27, 2022
It is our outsourced HR dept. Payroll, hiring, firing.

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2021
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Customer Support 2021

Update personal information (579)

View and generate pay and benefit information (566)

Pay calculation (581)

Benefit plan administration (589)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of TriNet, and make your voice heard!

What is TriNet?

TriNet provides small and medium size businesses (SMBs) with full-service HR and payroll solutions tailored by industry. TriNet also offers specialized services through client access to HR representatives for advice and notifications on impactful regulatory changes.

6 people want pricing too

What is Gusto?

Gusto offers payroll, benefits and compliance capabilities. Gusto is scaled for small to mid-sized businesses, and emphasizes an easy to use interface.

What is Paychex Flex?

Paychex Flex, of Paychex' Online Payroll Services, is a cloud-based human resource management and payroll platform. Paychex offers core and specialized services, and scales to meet the needs of small businesses, SMBs, and large enterprises.

Human Resource Management

Performance Management

Succession Planning

Recruiting / ATS

What is TriNet?

TriNet provides small and medium size businesses (SMBs) with full-service HR solutions tailored by industry. The vendor aims to free SMBs from HR complexities by offering access to human capital expertise, benefits, risk mitigation and compliance, payroll and real-time technology. From Main Street to Wall Street, TriNet's goal is to empower SMBs to focus on what matters most—growing their business.

TriNet Features

Human Resource Management Features

• Supported: Employee demographic data
  • Supported: Employment history
  • Supported: Job profiles and administration
  • Supported: Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
  • Supported: Benefits information
  • Supported: Organizational charting
  • Supported: Organization and location management
  • Supported: Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)

Payroll Management Features

• Supported: Report builder
  • Supported: Pre-built reports
  • Supported: Ability to combine HR data with external data

Integration with other HR capabilities Features

• Supported: Additional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
  • Supported: Additional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor

Performance Management Features

TriNet Competitors

TriNet Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android

What is TriNet?

What are TriNet's top competitors?

ADP TotalSource are common alternatives for TriNet.

What is TriNet's best feature?

Reviewers rate Direct deposit files highest, with a score of 9.4.

Who uses TriNet?

The most common users of TriNet are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Computer Software industry.

One of their largest struggles. TriNet does not provide dedicated account representatives or support teams, and instead they rely heavily on a support inbox queue. We've found that responses are slow to come and often contain inconclusive or insufficient detail and information, and at times require several rounds of follow-up and/or clarification to resolve. It is also true that TriNet does not empower Administrators to control a large majority of their account setup and configuration, which necessitates a higher amount of outreach to support.
The service got worse after they eliminated direct contact with our customer service/account person who was working with us since inception. It was very disappointing. We really enjoyed working with her. She was very responsive. However, they eventually assigned a rep, Patrick, who became more available to direct us where to go when issues arose. He was very good, hence giving an 8 rating. Before him, it was a 5.
April 19, 2022

TriNet review

most of my inquiries were solved on the spot, and others were monitored by a representative until a solution was found.
The TriNet team is very friendly. I would recommend a dedicated person to each company that uses TriNet or at least a personal email address and phone extension when having to call back. The customer service rep who originally handled an issue always has to be tracked down. This is such a waste of time. Phone calls back instead of handling everything through email is much more expedient and a better level of service.
Every TriNet client is assigned a Preferred Services Specialist that can work directly with you. Our TriNet Preferred Services Specialist has assisted us with transiting an employee to a K1 member and providing a special tax election for bonus payments. TriNet also offers several on line training courses to help navigate their robust reporting options.
Once upon a time, I needed to access some tax docs and W2s for a previous year. I had trouble logging in or forgot my password, but customer service got back to me in ample time so I could access it. They were very helpful but also ensured that I was indeed who I said I was so no anyone can access my personal info.
I did have one good experience with TriNet support. However, it was dwarfed by the 3 negative experiences. I would not wish other remote workers to have to deal with the frustration that TriNet causes. There are many other better options out there in my opinion.
February 27, 2022

SMB shining star.

Constantly changing acct manager/point of contact. The need to contact different people within TriNet for certain questions. Should be just one point of contact.
I almost never give a 10 on these ratings because there is always something that could be improved upon. As I mentioned earlier I was happier when I had a designated person to work with me when I had issues, but your new system is still okay.
They are always prompt and feel satisfied with the assistance provided. Trinet helped with assisting me understand how insurance works for example, or how the form i-9 is to be completed, they point me to where I can find reports on the system.
As I have stated before, I am not really satisfied with the customer service model TriNet has adopted, but I do like the fact that I am more likely to get an answer to my question usually within the same day. I really don't like talking to a different person each time I call. The payroll approval process is not always the same from pay period to pay period.
The technology platform is very good and multiple reports are available at a click of a button.
However, customer service is poor. Queries have to be escalated and takes 7 to 10 days to get a response from them which would be a make-do response at most times.
February 22, 2022

TriNet - A Modern PEO

The onboarding team was first-rate. Routine tasks are easily managed through the system, but exceptions which aren't available through the system are hard to deal with. No one takes charge.
While we have various resources for customer service, including our direct point of contact, Connect 360, or our Account Manager, it is at times frustrating that responses to escalated cases can take up to 5-7 work days to get response or action completed.
January 21, 2022

Taking care of HR

A past representative did not address our issues or questions promptly or reached out to the appropriate TriNet department to resolve our questions. She is no longer with TriNet.