- Nexternal's customer service is the best in the business. Each account comes with a dedicated account rep who answers the phone when you call, and personally replies to your emails within a very reasonable time - sometimes within minutes!
- Nexternal is consistently improving their platform with added tools and 3rd party integrations for everything from social sharing and email campaign management to search optimization tools and automatic product feed integrations such as Amazon.
- Nexternal offers site security and PCI compliance out of the box. There is no need for an additional SSL, nor do you need to worry about the security of your clients' personal information.
- Nexternal is scalable and grows with your business. We have more than a handful of clients who have been with Nexternal for more than 10 years. In web-speak, that's like 50 years!
- The Nexternal shopping cart template can be customized to create a consistently branded experience from your home page throughout the entire shopping process.
- Nexternal offers a host of API and XML toolsets that allow clients to sync data between their ecommerce platform and most any other third party platform, thereby coordinating the operations of your business and cutting down on management time.
- Nexternal is hosted solution which means much of the source code is protected and inaccessible. For clients looking to fully customize the user experience, there are some limitations, with any hosted solution, that must be considered.
- Nexternal doesn't have a built in wish list feature. They did partner with a 3rd party vendor, and now offer the base functionality; however, for clients whose needs center on the capabilities of a wish list, this feature must be closely considered.
- Nexternal's monthly fees are structured in such a way that they scale based on sales. This can be an affordable set up for a majority, but a deterrent for others. That said, the phrase 'you get what you pay for' rings true for ecommerce platforms as well. As I've mentioned perhaps too many times already, the level of reliable support combined with the user-friendly, secure platform are worth it.
In most every scenario, if Nexternal doesn't offer the capability, they can determine an effective work-around.