TrustRadius for Buyers Reviews

Amy Sternin | TrustRadius Reviewer

Value of Reviews

I like reviews that appear to be candid and written in a clear manner. I also like reviews that are not extremely narrowly focused on a person's specific business or industry. Valuable to me are reviews that include how successful the implementation went and how the business accepted the decision, as well as any hurdles they encountered. Also good to hear if they would make the same decision again.
I think reviews are very important to improve your case when recommending a product. Especially if the review very much matches your particular business need for the product. Also, based on the ratings, I am able to rule out or include a shorter list of products to consider. I have always found it very difficult to find unbiased information on software products, so I find this very valuable and streamlines the process.
Read Amy Sternin's full review
Balaji Perumal | TrustRadius Reviewer

Value of Reviews

I feel one review from a similar industry would be equal to 100s of reviews from other domains, because reviews/feedback from our same industry will exactly show our pain points and exact solutions.
I am not involved in buying products, I had responsibilities to recommend the best product to our client and the same was done after studying the guide.
Read Balaji Perumal's full review
Cristian Bodnarasec | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 27, 2019

Trusting the Radius

Value of Reviews

I find the user reviews most helpful from TrustRadius. I am trying to get the experience of others that have the same needs/use cases like ours, and see how the tool matches those. From this point of view many reviews don't have any value to me, but some of them can really make a difference.
same answer as before.
Read Cristian Bodnarasec's full review

Value of Reviews

Within software reviews I consider number of reviews per product for validation, user comments and insights, reviewer relevance (based on company size), key product facts and relative scoring mechanisms to benchmark the products. The most valuable reviews enable transparent configurable product side-by-side feature comparison, metrics on indicative product cost and company background information.
Having the review resource was fundamental to the planning process for vendor/product selection. There are so many products in the marketplace, that without the insight from reviews the process would take far longer and be more challenging to compare product functionality. The review provided clear, relevant insight and support informed decision making, without the need to contact each supplier separately. As a free resource, this was invaluable.

Value of Reviews

Reviews that contain specific use cases are useful because I can compare what I need to use the platform for and how it matches up. I also like knowing what the biggest weakness of a product is so I can determine how important that weakness is to what we are trying to accomplish. In addition to reviewing the platform itself, I typically look for indicators of strong support from the company in the review.
I like being well-informed and know that a salesperson from a particular company will always have a reason to gloss over product deficiencies/tell me what I want to hear. Reviews from other companies help me understand how other people are using a platform to solve problems and how closely their experiences match what I'm hearing from the sales team and what our company is trying to accomplish.

Value of Reviews

[The review information I look for is:]
  • Quantitative scores with categories
  • # of reviews
  • Search activity
  • Recent reviews (relevancy)
  • Size of clients
  • Length of implementation
I wish reports were broken out by suite components, followed by qualitative client testimonies.
Charles Kirkland | TrustRadius Reviewer

Value of Reviews

I look for problems that other people have. When did they use it? A review 6 months ago, might not be what they have today. Also what type of business was it that made the review. Also, what are the people saying? Did they like it but not a good fit? I look for how likely are they to recommend it. The 7-8 review really tells what's happening. The 1-2 ratings just have the wrong product, to begin with.
It was a massive time saver. I would have spent days looking at sales pages, watching youtube videos. It helped me see what other people in the same niche have been using.
Read Charles Kirkland's full review
Addison Ruble | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 01, 2019

A Review on Reviews

Value of Reviews

I enjoy listed pros and cons in my reviews as well as a description of what the reviewer uses the product for, so I can know how applicable their experience is to my situation. I for one don't put too much stock in a product's star rating, as it's a pretty ambiguous scale.
Reviews are essential because they can reveal limitations in products that may be glossed over in the product descriptions.
Read Addison Ruble's full review
Allan Yogasingam | TrustRadius Reviewer

Value of Reviews

Online reviews matter because they are peer-provided. We need sites like yours to create and maintain a site that encourages your customers to leave reviews, monitors the reviews they leave, and continually improves in its services. It also helps us run our business better today. Reviews that are both positive and negative help provide balance to our evaluation.

We want to know what other customers think about those specific products and services. Listening to other customers is the best way to improve our offerings - and also help us get ideas for new offerings from our own website.
Read Allan Yogasingam's full review
Jackie Bassett | TrustRadius Reviewer

Value of Reviews

Transparency - if there aren't any cons, I look at when the review was done as sometimes, it takes an expanded use before one shows up. TrustRadius is great at asking reviewers to update if it's been awhile, too!

How a reviewer uses it - There's lots of great software out there, but what works great for one company might not be great for another. It all depends on the end-user's environment. So the more descriptive the user's scenario is, the better!

It's a 10 on a scale of 1-10. Live environments are too heterogeneous. So, the more reviews from real users, the better one can understand whether the software is perfect for them or not.
Read Jackie Bassett's full review
Lauren Nowak | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 24, 2018

Reviewing Reviews

Value of Reviews

Reviews should be as objective as possible. They should highlight factual information based on actual usage inside a company. Reviews that are full of hyperbole or scant of valid information cause me to look past them. I value evidence and experience from a company's user in concise, but well-written verbiage.
Having reviews show that the product has been used and vetted by actual companies. When a review is written by the product's creator, it tends to be biased. Having user reviews helps tremendously to see what companies have benefited from and what they needed differently. It is important to me as a buyer to have this information before making a large purchase.
Read Lauren Nowak's full review
Anilkumar Patel | TrustRadius Reviewer

Value of Reviews

What I consider while using reviews to make decisions are pros and cons from several real users. All sorts of reviews are great and I value them equally. However, due to versioning, which is common in all platforms, I focus on current insights.
Reading reviews is a must, mainly if you are looking to buy a new platform. I like TrustRadius because it offers unbiased insights, which come from real users. Ever since I started using reviews, it has impacted my software buying procedures positively. It is no joke, reviews enabled me to invest in a robust CMS software in the market.
Read Anilkumar Patel's full review
Lashawn Brown | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 29, 2019

Value added reviews

Value of Reviews

I prefer reviews to be as detailed as possible. I'm interested in knowing if the sales team is helpful or not, and if the overall customer service is average or excellent. Additionally, I am interested in current customers' experience with the implementation of software, the actual use of the product and their opinions on what works and what could use improvement.
Reviews allow current customers to give feedback and to express their views of products. Potential customers can then use the reviews provided to make informed decisions, ask additional questions, move forward with recommendation, and schedule demonstration.
Read Lashawn Brown's full review
Sundeep Gopal | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 17, 2018

TrustRadius = Trust!

Value of Reviews

Usually, reviews which cover a lot of details and scenarios are most helpful. That said, we usually look for the genuineness of a review. Most of the time, very short reviews like we find on other review websites do not give a complete understanding and there is a chance that the reviews are not genuine.
Previously tools and platforms were found through a simple Google search and talking to references. However, that can't be the case anymore nowadays because of the variety of products available, each having a different use case. With review websites, things have changed a lot by making the process of selecting the right tool for the work easy.
Read Sundeep Gopal's full review
Hubert Sawyers III | TrustRadius Reviewer

Value of Reviews

I prefer reviews that showcase a decent understanding of the need for the tool, along with detailed descriptions on how the tool is being used. Many times, reviews can be really generic, especially the positive ones, which makes you wonder what is driving the review. I appreciate that TrustRadius tries to get at the elements that matter when help one make a sound purchasing decision.
It's incredibly valuable, if the reviews are thorough and specific. As I noted, I'm just seeing what options there are for UTM management. It appears each platform is built to support a particular use-case, so I need to be careful in what I choose. Reviews are certainly needed in this effort.
Read Hubert Sawyers III's full review
Dan McGinn | TrustRadius Reviewer

Value of Reviews

I look for comparison information and details on pitfalls, best practices, and product misinformation or misconceptions.
[Having reviews is] Invaluable, especially now that in the Marketing Operations arena - the sheer number of providers for specific tools or solutions is ever expanding, making it harder to narrow the best fit solution.
Read Dan McGinn's full review
Parikshit Potnuri | TrustRadius Reviewer

Value of Reviews

Ratings are just not enough to take decisions. There are many instances where an exceptionally rated product would not be of much use in certain scenarios. In-depth reviews are the need of the hour considering a variety of teams and variety of requirements. Any review of the product which explains the scenarios where the product is used is highly valuable, rather that a review which has only a rating.
Previously business decisions were made just by referrals or they are forced by salespeople. Slowly that trend has started to change. Review websites are helping take decisions best suited for the business by considering reviews from people who have been in similar conditions.
Read Parikshit Potnuri's full review
Eliz Marvic Melicio Carvajal | TrustRadius Reviewer

Value of Reviews

When we see the reviews we look for opinions about the characteristics of the software that matter most to us, focusing initially on the functional part, then on the infrastructure and development. We thoroughly review the cons, feature rating comparison, usability and what other alternatives exist. With that information we set up our evaluation matrix.
Having the information of people who have already tried the software who can tell you what are strong characteristics and weaknesses, helps you to have a clear vision of what the software can do and you do not limit yourself to what the seller tells you. Their opinion alone, without insurance, can make you acquire a product that does not really meet the needs of end users and more than helping or streamlining the processes in the organization becomes a problem and with a waste of money and time.
Read Eliz Marvic Melicio Carvajal's full review
Don McCrabb | TrustRadius Reviewer

Value of Reviews

The reviews need to provide a clear description of what the software was used for, how the implementation worked, and the impact it had on the organization.
The reviews gave substance and texture to the rankings. It helped me position a product in relative merit to other products.
Read Don McCrabb's full review
Michael Klumpp | TrustRadius Reviewer

Value of Reviews

I have different interests when comparing different products. Through reviews, TrustRadius offers a variety of separate studies under one heading.
I like reviews specifically to hear outside conjecture. These customer reflections add reflective credibility to the comparisons.
Read Michael Klumpp's full review
Luis Ricardo Almanza Herazo | TrustRadius Reviewer

Value of Reviews

The most detailed and insightful reviews are greatly appreciated. I particularly find reviews that include several standpoints about one alternative useful.
Normally it is very difficult to obtain insights from people working in different sectors. There is often consensus regarding the usefulness of a tool in certain situations, which leads to better decision making. The reviews allowed me to discard several BI tools I initially considered.
Read Luis Ricardo Almanza Herazo's full review
Jane Kabochi | TrustRadius Reviewer

Value of Reviews

What I look for in reviews is the genuineness of the reviewer who has used the software. I like reviews where the reviewer is candid and gives everything including the negative points without sugarcoating anything. Such reviews are very informative and give the buyer of the software a prior sense of what to expect from the software.
The value of having reviews during the buying process is that you can never make a bad decision and invest on a product only to realize later that you wasted the company funds and what you acquired cannot help you. Having access to reviews helped me avoid such pitfalls.
Read Jane Kabochi's full review
Hirany Capi | TrustRadius Reviewer

Value of Reviews

I'm on the hunt for the benefits of each CRM software I'm want to compare. In addition, I want to know the hard part of the learning process and the comparative difficulties the software presents. This information helps me to understand how each software works and decide which one of them I could finish buying, with the best spectated performance.
In first place, having reviews as a resource gives me knowledge of the software products that are on the market at each sector, with insight into the activities people are usually doing with each product. At second place is the possibility of knowing the best and the worst of any software. I want to know how it works, if I will have some trouble, as well as about the community, support and pricing. The impact of having reviews is the accuracy of my buying selection. Once I select a group of software for comparison, finally I get to see the best and worst software and the price for each of them, giving me the possibility to make my final decision under my annual budget.
Read Hirany Capi's full review
Angel Posani | TrustRadius Reviewer

Value of Reviews

I like to know what is the use of the software, what's the most significant advantage the software gives, and what are the most common difficulties in using the software. With all this information I can get a big picture view of the software and how I could use it, whether or not it's what I'm looking for, and how I might deal with the difficulties that are spectated.
The review value is huge, because at this moment I'm in the process of selecting a new software system, and I need to get a very good idea of how the software behaves, the very best performing aspects and the particularities. I need to decide whether to invest in a support team or not. And having access to reviews impacts my process in a positive way because it gives me an entire view of any software I want to invest in - pricing, computer requirements, internet connection and internal system configuration requirements, etc.
Read Angel Posani's full review
Richard Gichangi | TrustRadius Reviewer

Value of Reviews

What I look for in reviews is basically what the reviewer thinks of the software. More so I concentrate a lot on cons, where I evaluate the challenges given that one encounters while using the softwares and issues concerning support and the response given by the vendor while consulting on a number of issues that may arise.
Reviews ensure you make the right decision and you acquire the best software based on the company needs and preferences. Having access to reviews improved my general understanding and perception towards the various software clusters.
Read Richard Gichangi's full review

About TrustRadius for Buyers

With more than 176,000 reviews and ratings provided by 100% verified users, TrustRadius aims to be a trusted source for business technology buyers looking for product feedback from other people like them.