Reviews (1-25 of 178)
- Allows tracking for billable items.
- Easy for users to modify their time cards.
- Very user-friendly for all employees. The employee age ranges from 20 years old to 65 years old.
- Easily accessible with an app on a tablet/smartphone or at home on a desktop; people can use it anywhere!
- Responsive and helpful customer service representatives whenever there are issues.
- I'm not sure if this is an option and we just don't have it on our version, but I don't know how to change a single punch. If I forget to punch out (or punch in) I can only edit the "total hours" for the day and it deletes all punch history for that day. If it would be possible to just change the one mistake punch that would be ideal.
- As a user, it doesn't show my PTO total (that could be an admin user portion on our end).
- It would be helpful to be able to record "start mileage" and "end mileage" so we could track the total mileage for the week for both property managers and maintenance.
I don't think TSheets is helpful in older businesses (such as my current place of work). The older generation doesn't have smartphones and don't use computers and some don't want to learn new technology. We do a lot of paperwork here, and it's not necessarily a bad thing, but I don't think it would be a good fit for this business.
- Ease of Use-As an administrator I have found that TSheets is easy to learn and use.
- Minimal Training Required-As new employees are hired, the setup and training has been minimal. The software is intuitive and straightforward and as a result I have minimal questions and follow-up from new hires after they are provided with the initial training.
- Reporting is great-The reports are so helpful in managing our business by providing weekly and monthly reporting for our managers. In addition, the monthly reporting supports or customer invoicing process, limiting and reducing the time it takes to get the invoices generated and to our customers.
- I would like to see more functionality around rounding of time.
- In the Report Filters, I don't find the "Customer" selection process easy to use.
- Without "archiving employees" I'd like to see another way to get employees from showing in the selection list...maybe an "inactive" code.
- TSheets allows you to clock in and out remotely via a phone app which is great for employees in the field.
- TSheets allows as many subcategories as you need for each client. This is great for clients that request an itemized invoice.
- TSheets syncs with many software programs and allows you to easily apply billable time to invoices.
- It would be great if TSheets would allow employees to request time off or show that time on the calendar as being unavailable.
- It would be nice if TSheets had the option to mark all time as billable, since sometimes employees forget to list it as billable, and the Admin has to manually mark each entry as billable.
The only thing that I have noticed is a bit tricky is calculating overtime into our software system. It nicely uploads all the time, but doesn't always mark it as regular or overtime, so you have to be careful of that.
- The user interface is straightforward.
- The site loads quickly and runs well (no glitches with time sheets not being "clocked in").
- The initial setup could have been better. Upon signup many of the menu items were literally replaced by a horizontal bar. There was an email verification sent, but it was not clear that use of the site was pending this verification.
- track location of employees
- allow management to approve time worked
- allows management to know in real time how long it is taking employees to work their service routes.
- I can't think of any areas of improvement.
- The support at Tsheets is an area that is handled well! I just chatted with Kelsey T and she was great to work with! She is extremely pleasant and answered my questions quickly and completely! With that kind of support, it's easy to feel comfortable working with TSheets.
- We like the way it handles PTO as well!
- One area that TSheets could improve is the client list. In our structure, we use the client list for jobs within our company. However, being a retail business, we have a lot of clients that are purchasing products that we do not track time with. But when we import updates from QuickBooks Online, we get all the retail clients as well. It would be nice to be able to archive multiple clients at once instead of going through a list of several hundred one at a time.
- It allows a breakdown of employees and hours on an assigned project.
- It quickly integrates with Quickbooks to perform weekly payroll.
- It gives a quick glance at which employees are on the clock working.
- It tracks PTO accurately and again connects with the information in QB.
- Excellent response to LIVE chat- Today I had the pleasure of chatting with Shannon she was awesome and very knowledgeable.
- Customer section could use some improvement- searching features for techs on mobile devices
- Outstanding customer service team! They help answer any questions that come up. Shannon O. recently helped answer a question via Live Chat to help us determine how we can add more team members to the service.
- Clean user interface on mobile app. All of our team members using the app daily like using it. They are able to see their time working easily, all at a push of a button.
- Easy Administer/Manager level viewing. I can easily see hours being worked during the week and advise our scheduling of any items that need to be updated.
- Customization of the Manual Time Card layout. Not sure how possible it is to customize, but the layout is only viewed by Job on left and day of the week on top horizontal. During a week, we may have numerous custom jobs listed that are not repeated more than 2-3 times. It can make it tedious to verify job and travel time.
- GPS works great, but the GPS ping goes away sometimes during the day. This isn't a major con for our company, but for companies that need to know where team members are located, this could be a frustrating flaw in the GPS service.
- In reporting, I am unaware of a method to break apart job task data into a graph. Looks like there is only an option to show job information.
- Seamless integration with existing Account Software (Quickbooks Online)
- Modernized punch clock system (Smart phone app)
- Employee schedule.... a dream for any employee scheduler. Your employees will love it!
- Analytics. The data provided is invaluable when it comes to job costing, or any other method of tracking labor costs and how they related to each particular job your customers are doing.
- There is genuinely nothing that I would change or wish to see change with this software. I am excited to see what this application has in store. Only could go up from here!
- Allows for a lot of flexibility in the level of detail we can enter for job centers and customer jobs
- Has a nice mobile app
- Syncs to QuickBooks (usually) to allow us to run payroll straight from time sheets
- The sync with QuickBooks can be problematic
- The complexity makes it difficult to troubleshoot without support.
I was really happy with the customer support I received when a recent change on the QB side caused a big upset in our abiltiy to smoothly run payroll. Shawn was very knowledgable and helped me solve most of the issues.
Microsoft Access is the world's fastest rapid application platform in the world, and TSheets is the fastest most effective tool for tracking time spent. It's integration with QuickBooks online insures our accounting department gets immediate and accurate information in a timely fashion.
Our clients leverage our team for supporting their complex database application written on the Microsoft Access platform. Support is KEY! The support at TSheets is timely, personable and friendly.
At TSheets, Tiffany has been invaluable and has provided excellent support. Tiffany understood my question and clearly has comprehensive product knowledge. The feature I was looking for is not currently in the product but will be soon.
Like Help4Access, TSheets support is world-class and I strongly recommend TSheets.
It is so much simpler than keeping track of and individually logging hours worked, so it has made payroll significantly simpler. It has also provided us with a great way to track past work. It is easy to forget what you and/or your crew were working on 6 months or a year ago. TSheets keeps all that info and makes it a breeze to look it all up.
- Simplifies payroll.
- Just print out a weekly or bi-weekly report!
- Simplifies invoicing.
- By syncing with Quickbooks, it makes customer management and invoicing for hours worked much easier to manage.
- Helps reduce timesheet fudging.
- It's harder to falsify timesheets when every entry is logged with GPS tracking!
- Most of the functionality is great, but I did notice one minor detail: like sometimes when I switch customers if the app doesn't immediately sync then I might find that the next time I try to switch customers it is still clocked-in on the first customer and it can be impossible to figure out exactly when you tried to switch originally. Other than that, any time I've had an issue the TSheets customer service team is exceptionally good and fast at helping me fix the problem or find a solution. As a matter of fact, I just had Jen D help me solve an issue faster than it took me to explain my issue to her!
1. No more driving to pick up or hand in time sheets!
2. No more employees filling in time cards 10 minute before they are handed in.
- Integrates so well with QuickBooks.
- Tracks labor costs for each individual contract.
- We use the Class feature for this. We enter contract names with the PO #s into the QuickBooks Class column, then employees are required to select a contract name when they clock in.
- Tracks Worker' comp codes for each employee.
- We use the Service Item feature for this. We enter each job description with the Worker's Comp codes into the Quickbooks Item column, then employees are required to select a job when they clock in.
- This saves us huge on Worker's Comp costs as Oregon has different rates for each job.
- I would love to have the option to share the schedules. With customers, generals, site managers, etc...
- TSheets helps me stay current with my timekeeping on a daily basis so I don't lose any billable time.
- Tech support is fantastic.
- Product is seamless with QuickBooks
- It could have an automatic update when you add companies or employees in QuickBooks.
- It allows our employees to log in from the app or from their computer.
- It allows us to keep track of the job that our employees are on for billing purposes.
- It is easy to use.
- I would like to see reports that can be customized so that I can print timecards in the format that is easier for me to use for payroll (I use ADP and have to input hours manually).
- The PTO function needs a little help. I have tried to upload the time and it doubles the available time. Could be user error though!
- Location could be more accurate.
- TSheets is very user-friendly and there is online chatting available if you have any questions
- TSheets makes payroll very simple by allowing exporting into QuickBooks
- TSheets has many reports that are valuable in job costing and monitoring hours per job
- I have not had any issues with TSheets that weren't just user error
- Customer Service support is amazing: no matter who I speak with they are patient and educate me on their system. They take the time to do it right! Thank you - Elaina M., Jen, and Angel are all great at what they do.
- The sync ability to communicate with QuickBooks allows me to process our payroll painlessly. It clearly tells me any errors we are missing.
- TSheets is another great way for our employees to keep track of their PTO time. It remains up to date with every pay period.
- Customer support can help track down and explain why errors occur and how you can get it fixed even on a time crunch. Elaina M. Is a lifesaver at this!
- I would love to see more classes from TSheets or customization for internal training handouts.
- We would love to have the sync system be set up for more than one computer as we cross check our payroll. It would allow us to fix problems and not have to stop multiple working to resolve issues.
- Allows users to clock in and clock out easily.
- Easy to download the app - self-explanatory.
- Keeps accurate time so I know how long they've worked down to the minute.
- There needs to be more control (i.e., the map is inconclusive at telling me where they were at and when). I have an employee that adds an hour (at least) to his time each week and I can't prove that he didn't work that additional hour because his boss wasn't aware of it.
- Since I'm the administrator, I would like the ability to not be required to enter notes when I'm adjusting/entering time for the guys. In actuality, what's required is that I must go in a turn off the feature that says "Notes Required", otherwise it requires me to enter a note for them, even as the administrator.
- It would be nice if this wasn't so much a web-based program. We have so many internet issues at our office that sometimes it's impossible to work on time because I simply can't get on to do anything. Is there any way that TSheets could add the option to have a downloadable program?
- TSheets syncs easily with QuickBooks Online, making it easier for my team to track time outside of QBO.
- TSheets makes it easy to select the client project we are working on, as well as makes it easier to break down time across multiple projects.
- The TSheets iOS App makes time tracking easy and seamless for my team. The reminders from the app are great to help keep time as accurate as possible.
- TSheets makes getting help with their product easy, and they do a great job supporting their product. Jen D Rocks!!
- I wish TSheets would have an OSX App as well as an app for Windows.
Today we had a bit of a hiccup so I got on live chat with Kelsey T. She was remarkably engaging and very eager to assist. In the end, we discovered a bit of a bug in the application, which Kelsey said she'd pass along to the development team. The online chat support was a great tool to obtain immediate support from a very knowledgeable technician.
If you, or your company, are considering using TSheets, I would highly recommend giving it a go. The software and support are top-notch.
- TSheets tracks and monitors our employees, and their respective punches, without requiring any sort of backend components or appliances.
- From what I can see, TSheets is fairly comprehensive, already.
- Geo Time-tracking so you not only know where your employees are but also helps with making quick decisions to move employees for emergency jobs.
- Syncs with QuickBooks Online and other accounting software.
- Breaks down time between different jobs and makes it easy to use on a mobile device. Provides backup of where your employees were so you can get labor down right if you need to track job costs.
- Best practice right now and the only way Tsheets will work properly is to enter time-tracking and sync it to QuickBooks Online one way. The rest of the data like customers, employees, etc., will sync both ways. It may be nice if you could use either product for time data entry.
- You can see if employees will accrue overtime.
- Timesheets can be downloaded into Excel format.
- The reports are great! You can see how many total hours are spent on a project.
- Ease of adding and subtracting employees and jobs.
- I really love the Live Chat when I have questions not answered on the FAQ / Website. BD1 was great helping me out when adding employees with custom permissions.
- Easy to access and read website for help.
- Having the short code added to the downloaded Excel reports would help.
TSheets Scorecard Summary
TSheets is a cloud-based time tracking and scheduling app that allows employees to clock in and out from the job site with the devices they’ve already got in their pockets. The vendor aims to help companies replace paper timesheets with accurate, electronic time data as well as make payroll and invoicing faster and less costly.
TSheets also accurately tracks time and GPS points (even without cell or internet service) then automatically syncs when back in service, making it a better (and cheaper) alternative to geofencing.
The Who’s Working” feature enables companies to see where employees are located and who’s working on what in real time. TSheets also features in-app scheduling that allows users to drag and drop shifts, assign jobs, see who’s working at a glance, and send alerts to managers if employees haven’t clocked in for a job or shift as scheduled.
The vendor offers free unlimited phone, email, and chat support to all customers.
|Free||$0||1 user, unlimited projects|
|Business||$4||per user/month + $16 base fee/month (paid annually)|
TSheets Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
TSheets Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web, SMS, Phone|