Reviews (1-2 of 2)
January 30, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
I started with TurboCAD Pro Platinum in 2016 and it has become an excellent asset to the products we produce. It is actually easy to use once you take some time to understand the tools and menus. It does require a good high-end computer to run the model renderings, but they are extremely helpful for new factory workers to see the products clearly and to be able to assemble them with the least amount of management time. We use it also for the design of new products and there is not much you cannot do with it after you "play" with all the tools and understand how to use them. And I still have not used all the toolset. I try to learn at least one new tool for each project. I cannot see going with another program, even for complex design work. The accuracy of the drawings and the ability to bring in all sorts of manufacturer's parts to scale and place them in the drawings is easy to do. The vector x,y,z controls are exacting. Using the "extents" to manipulate the position is very precise.
- Produces accurate drawings to scale, and with several ways to show the "views" to people in need of them at our factory.
- Relatively easy to use, once you understand the toolset. You can draw anything with it.
- Sending files to CNC machine shops to produce parts is easy with this program.
- Sending to mold making companies works out well. Just ask them what file format they want and TurboCAD can give it to them.
- It would be good to have some standardized rendering, lighting and color schemes to make rendering faster. But once you learn how to place lights and adjust the shadows, it works fine. For some projects, I just want to send a color rendering faster.
- Turbo CAD Pro Platinum is not for people who require an easy "intuitive" learning. You have to study the manual and the TC tutorials. There are plenty of free youtube videos to show how to do it, but it does take some learning.
- This program has been around since the 1980s, as a good alternative to the high-end programs. Now it has expanded into a huge full-featured engineering program. Sometimes it has glitches with color rendering, and you have to work at it.
Read James Arjuna's full review
It is fully capable of all the design work you can give it. I have even designed houses with it. Turbo CAD Pro Platinum is all I have used for going on 3 years now. I don't know if other versions can do or can't do. If you are a graphic designer, you would need to port the files to a higher end program to manipulate the colors and renderings. For engineering and in-house work it is perfect.
January 30, 2019
Score 6 out of 10
I used this mostly for getting the scale of real-life buildings and cars, from the wheels to the bolts used inside the car. The program really helps with that type of scale and size above a lot of other programs.
Read this authenticated review
Not for rendering or anything really interactive, more for layouts to me.
TurboCAD Scorecard Summary
What is TurboCAD?
TurboCAD is 2D and 3D CAD software sold in many different editions, including Deluxe, Expert, and ProPlatinum.
Categories: Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
TurboCAD Technical Details