November 12, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
Tyler SIS is being used in our school district to hold all student information. It is being used across our entire school district: elementary, middle school, high school, and learning center. The problem that Tyler SIS solves is that it allows for administrators and authorized users to view student information when needed for various reasons. Teachers also can take attendance of students who are present during that school day.
- Keeps information secure, safe, and encrypted.
- Student information is easy to navigate when needed by authorized users.
- Allows for teachers to have their classes organized to take attendance easily.
- Need for labels of all of the navigation pictures. It is difficult for me to know what button I am clicking into if I haven't accessed that part of the software in a while.
- It would be nice to have a tutorial to know how to navigate the software better. It can be difficult to navigate at the beginning.
- Remove the "BULLETIN" section.
Read Rebecca Vold Preston's full review
Tyler SIS is well suited to take attendance, and retrieve student information when needed. It is less suited when needing to pay a lunch balance or access the gradebook. It can be difficult to navigate the software with all of the different functions. A tutorial would be helpful in this realm to help the ease of understanding the software.